checkmark for answered questions

Can someone tell me where I can find the checkmark for answered questions.
0
alleycat (15)

"alleycat" wrote ...
> Can someone tell me where I can find the checkmark for answered
> questions.

No details.
No context.
Did you really expect an answer with such an overly vague question?

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

VanguardLH (155)
9/25/2007 8:51:12 PM
sorry i didn't mean to bother you i am just starting to do this and i didn't
quite know how to explain it. All i was looking for is the green checkmark -
i thought maybe I had to insert it when I got my question answered. I keep
seeing these checkmarks over the red questions mark. Once again I am sorry.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> "alleycat" wrote ...
> > Can someone tell me where I can find the checkmark for answered
> > questions.
>
> No details.
> No context.
> Did you really expect an answer with such an overly vague question?
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html

alleycat (15)
9/25/2007 9:32:02 PM
"alleycat" wrote ...
> sorry i didn't mean to bother you i am just starting to do this and
> i didn't
> quite know how to explain it. All i was looking for is the green
> checkmark -

"The green checkmark" is WHERE?  You are asking your question in an
Outlook newsgroup.  The title of the newsgroup specifies the topic(s)
covered by that newsgroup.  So where in OUTLOOK is this "green
checkmark"?

> i thought maybe I had to insert it when I got my question answered.
> I keep
> seeing these checkmarks over the red questions mark. Once again I am
> sorry.

We are not there looking over your shoulder.  You need to specify
where in Outlook or what you do in Outlook to generate the effect that
you are describing.

Also, there are different versions of Outlook because there are
different features in them.  You need to specify which version of
Outlook with which you are having difficulties.

0
VanguardLH (155)
9/26/2007 6:00:56 AM
VanguardLH <VanguardLH@mail.invalid> wrote:

> "The green checkmark" is WHERE?  You are asking your question in an
> Outlook newsgroup.  The title of the newsgroup specifies the topic(s)
> covered by that newsgroup.  So where in OUTLOOK is this "green
> checkmark"?

I'll bet it's an artifact of the web interface Microsoft provides.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> VanguardLH <VanguardLH@mail.invalid> wrote:
>
> > "The green checkmark" is WHERE?  You are asking your question in an
> > Outlook newsgroup.  The title of the newsgroup specifies the topic(s)
> > covered by that newsgroup.  So where in OUTLOOK is this "green
> > checkmark"?
>
> I'll bet it's an artifact of the web interface Microsoft provides.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
alleycat (15)
9/26/2007 1:30:05 PM
"alleycat" wrote ...

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH wrote:
>>
>> > "The green checkmark" is WHERE?  You are asking your question in
>> > an
>> > Outlook newsgroup.  The title of the newsgroup specifies the
>> > topic(s)
>> > covered by that newsgroup.  So where in OUTLOOK is this "green
>> > checkmark"?
>>
>> I'll bet it's an artifact of the web interface Microsoft provides.

> I just thought I had to check off somewhere when a specific question
> was
> answered. Obviously I am not in the right group and need to do a lot
> more
> reading before I use this service. Thanks

Oh, so the problem isn't with Outlook.  It seems to me that you are
asking about how to use Microsoft's CDO interface to newsgroups (i.e.,
their webnews-for-dummies pages).  You might find using a real NNTP
(network news transfer protocol) client, like Outlook Express, is a
better means of accessing Usenet.  Use msnews.microsoft.com in OE as
the newsgroups server name.  Then subscribe to whichever newsgroups
where you want to lurk or participate.

0
VanguardLH (155)

Silly question...
Why does A.D. say that it's going to delete the associated mailbox when you delete a distribution group? There's no mailbox created is there? And I don't believe it kills all the user mailboxes that were in the distribution group that is being deleted. Thanks, D A distribution group is a mail enabled object hence the reference to mailbox deletion. As you suggest there is no mailbox and it will not delete any mailboxes of users included in the distribution group. Nue "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68EB152B-4F73-4B27-89E4-41C37D...

A newbie question : view,
Hi, I sure that you already answered to this question q long time ago, but i would like to understand how Visual C++.net works. When i create a single document Interface application (SDI), VC++.net creates automatically a Test.cpp, TestDoc.cpp, TestView.cpp, MainFrm.cpp, stdafx.cpp....and all relative *.h files. Could you explain me in details, what is the purpose of each *.cpp files ? Because reading books and documentations, nothing is clear for me... The only things that i understood are : - stdafx.cpp is in the project because TestView use MFC and stdafx make the link with MFC. -...

How to set Inbox automatically (newbie question).
Hi, We are in the process of upgrading our network from Win95/WinNT Server to WinXP/Windows 2000 Server. We are running exchange server 5.5 (although at some point in the future we will be upgrading to Exchange 2000). The main bulk of our users will be coming back in September. The problem is we have noticed that users (when they come back) will have to setup Outlook 2002 manually when they login for the first time. Ie. they will have to run the Outlook configuration wizard and type in the name of the exchange server and their Inbox username. I think that tehn gets stored in the profile so w...

windows xp file name convertion question
I have windows xp and office xp professonal. I have several folders with many many files in them. Is there anyway I can import the file names, not the files themselves into excel. You can use code like this Here is a macro example from Dave Peterson Try it in a new workbook Change the folder myPath = "c:\data" Sub testme() Dim myFiles() As String Dim fCtr As Long Dim myFile As String Dim myPath As String 'change to point at the folder to check myPath = "c:\data" If Right(myPath, 1) <> "\" Then myPath = myPath &am...

Show fraction as fraction even if answer is 1
I have excel sheet and I am trying to get data from from two diff columns. example C23 has certain value and F23 has certain value. Now after playing around, I found the fraction C23/F23 to show as fractions, but when the answer for C23/F23 comes to 1, then it shows 1. how can I have that show 10/10? Please help asap Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Sorting With IComparable and IComparer http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d5a8c475-2395-41e7-9c19-aa2edb23422e/custom-sorting-with-icomp.aspx Excel cannot be made to display an improper frac...

CRM 3.0
I am trying to use the Cases section of the CRM and have a couple of "how do you do it" questions. In general and prior to using the MSCRM, when our customers call for support our receptionist takes the call and sends out a emal to a distribution list which has all our techs in it which they receive on their BlackBerry's. From there, one of them will take the issue. I'd like to use the same process (or a better one if someone wants to recommend something) for the cases section of the CRM it do the same thing. So, How do other people who use the CRM Case section h...

DCount Question 08-08-07
Hi there Coming back to upgrading a database I created last year. Looked at some things I would like to improve upon and one of them is due to a suggestion I got from this board. On my database I have various fields that I have the means to count. The part of the database I am working on at the moment is to record concerns that people have with various services in our area. The problem I have is that if 50 people have the same concern and they were all members of the same group I would have to log the concern 50 times to get the correct stats. What I would like to do is have a box on the ...

Update query question 04-26-10
Hello, I would like to update a record by looking at the value from a form combo box column(1). I have tried Forms![Lab Works Manager]![cmbTo].column(1) but it does not work. The bond column(0) has the ID, but in this case I need to use the actual value from column(1) and not column(0). Any idea how? Thank you, Silvio Add a hidden control to your form and set its value to =Forms![Lab Works Manager]![cmbTo].column(1) Then you can reference that hidden control in the query. Your other option is to write a VBA function and pass in the name of the form, the name of the co...

bar graph colors question
Hello everyone, I have data with 5 variables for 10 countries, and I have made a horizontal bar graph for each variable (so 5 graphs). This data is linked to another page, and it is divided by variable within the sheet. For example, the format is: Country Variable 1 US ### China ### India ### UK ### Country Variable 2 US ### China ### India ### UK ### There is a macro that sorts each of this mini-tables, and then each graph draws from its respective variable table. The same 10 countries are in each table, but they are not in th...

Exchange 2003 big question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Office 2004 Installation General Question
There is nothing in the Office 2004 package that instructs what to do with the old Office X applications. I was surprised to see that Office 2004 is completely new application installation - and not a modification of base code of the old Office X. What should I do - just delete the old Office X apps? Any danger to this? Thanks Rob In article 5c4a79bf.0405151751.38097dce@posting.google.com, Rotund rob@marqusee.com wrote on 16/5/04 11:51: > There is nothing in the Office 2004 package that instructs what to do > with the old Office X applications. I was surprised to see that > Of...

COleDateTime ,SystemTimeToVariantTime Issues Questions
Hi All- I have a need to use a COleDateTime variable which I pass into an ADO record set and ultimately goes into a SQL database. My app uses the COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime function. Multiple calls to this function return the same exact time until some temporal threshold is reached and then it jumps up to a new time. I used CTime::GetCurrentTime function which works fine. I then convert the CTime to system time and finally to a variant time with the SystemTimeToVariantTime function. As soon as I get it in the variant type I run into the same problem as mentioned above. Why is this??? ...

Project Center questions
I'm very interested in the Project Center of the new 2004 Entourage. If it's as good as I think it can be, I can imagine an entire website set up for those using this feature. It could be the holy grail of those who've read David Allen's Getting Things Done, those who have used Franklin/Covey's time management ideas, or anyone trying to keep their hectic life in order. I'm stumbling around with it currently. I've read the $5 eBook by Tom Negrino (http://www.tidbits.com/takecontrol/), but still many questions. Here are my latest queries: 1. Has anyone figured out h...

*.csv file question
Question : I have *.csv file that contains data I would like to chart using MS Excel . The data in the *.csv file is updated by another window every minute for a period of 7 hours. If I load the *.csv file into Excel my chart will be current for only one minute. Is it possible to reload the same *.csv file one minute later and have an updated chart and will this present a possible conflict with the other window if I load the file at the same time the other window is updating the data ? On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:48:21 -0600, "Rob" <rls_jls@worldnet.att.net> wrote: Have a loo...

Basic CRM questions
1. If I install CRM and do not integrate with an accounting package, is it still possible to see customer sales data? IOW, can I "hook up" CRM to read directly from MS SQL server or an ODBC/OLE DB compliant database? If I can't read directly from a database using OLE DB or ODBC, can I import sales data toCRM via some import utility (e.g., export my sales data from SQL Server to a text file and then import that into CRM)? Or is the only way to get sales data is integration with Great Plains or Solomon? 2. Can I integrate CRM with Small Business Manager? David - We are us...

Question on KeyDown Event
In the KeyDown Event, is there a trick to trap a control key plus another key sequence, say for instance I wanted to trap "Ctl+T"? Or do I have to save them sequentially and figue it out in progamming code? Thanks. Private Sub Text0_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) If KeyCode = vbKeyT And (Shift And acCtrlMask) = acCtrlMask Then msgbox "You just hit Ctrl-T" End If End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "John Lane" <JohnLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Quick OWA
Not sure if this is the correct NG, but here goes. Is there any way to import contacts from OE to OWA contacts. I have a few contractors that work for me and they ues OWA exclusively on my server (i.e.no Outlook Express allowed). They all have many contacts in OE that we would like to import into the Contacts if OWA. So, do I need to install and configure Outlook (office) and then import? Thanks RG On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:56:26 -0700, "Richard Gutery" <rgutery@mentorits.com> wrote: >Not sure if this is the correct NG, but here goes. > >Is there any way to im...

Excel Formula Question
Hi there. I need to figure out how many items in a column fall between a certain range. I have a list of 354 numbers, and I want to find how many cells contain numbers between 1000 and 10000, and return that number to me. I have explored the help and on-line resources, but cannot find an answer to this. Can anyone help? Thanks Steve Page Hi, Assuming that your list is in Column A: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>1000)*(A1:A100<10000)) Adjust the range according to your data. Hope this helps -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That works perfectly. Thanks a million. "...

Graph Question. Values from different pages. Not in same cell ranges.
Hi, I have an excel work book which keeps track of players averages in a dart league. Every week gets a different page. I would like pages for individual players, that will keep track of only 2 columns on a weekly basis, which I will use to make a graph. Because the stats are sorted by high average, the players don't always stay in the same cells. The long way would be for me to reference the necessary cells, week to week. I was wondering if there is a script that can do the following pseudocode. Using C1 in the current individual player's sheet. C1 = Where "Week1.Ce...

Default Drive Question
I have read posts explaining why chdrive is needed to make sure the right drive is the default drive. Thanks, Messrs Peterson and Ogilvy. I have the following two lines of code, but the default drive used by the print statement in this case isn't affected by the chdrive statement. Any idea why? If I do a filesaveas command from file menu and save the file to the c drive then the PDF will go to that drive. chdrive "g" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _ "Acrobat PDFWriter on G:\Pdf\*.pdf", Collate:=True The drive used for ...

Pivot Table question
Hi All is there a way in a pivot table to only use (& therefore group on ) part of a value name ... e.g. if i have Car Number BMW - Blue 100 BMW - Red 20 VOLVO - Blue 50 VOLVO - Red 10 and i want a pivot table to look like this Blue Red Total BMW 100 20 120 VOLVO 50 10 60 150 30 180 is is possible to do this in the pivot table itself rather than in the underlying data (which i know how to do) - using Excel 2000 Cheers JulieD JulieD...

access data base related question...
I have created a simple MFC program that integrates with an Access database. I have several strings in the following format { {"string1"}, {"string2"}, ... {"string99"}, {"string100"}, } What code would I use to insert this series of strings into a table within my database with a row that has 100 fields? What class would I place the code? Thanks, RABMissouri ...

XML DSIG Question

My Domain Name Question?
Hello I installed my copy of sbs before i bought my domain name service and need a way to rename the domain name. Can this be do? I haven't join any clients and found a service at dyndns. Any direction will be much appreciated! jturner5569 --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- The domain name you chose for your network cannot be easily changed. With that said, however, the public domain name your company uses does not need to be (and in fact I recommend it SHOULD not be) the same as your private AD domain. You can have, for e...

Exchange 2003 FE/BE question
Hi all, We have 2 Exchange 2003 servers in our organization. Only the Front-End server has a public facing side, all the mailboxes are on the back-end server. The problem: When users try to send email to certain domains (servers with tight reverse DNS anti-spam techniques), the email is blocked. This is because the firewall allows outgoing connections, so it appears that stmp.example.com is coming from a server that does not have the correct IP address (i.e. from the Back-End). From our internal organization, we have 3 internet connections that are load balanced and the mail could ...