Check names with Address book

So I have enabled checking names with address books but still it won't do
that (ie when I typed in someone's name, it won't provide a list of e-mails).
 I clicked on the Address Book icon on the menu bar, then Tools->Options.  It
is displaying the name of the address book under "When sending mail, check
names using these address lists in the following order:"  How do I setup this
properly?
0
Titus1 (6)

The check names feature is populated dynamically as you enter email
addresses.  It does not use the Contacts folder or Address book for this.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Titus asked:

| So I have enabled checking names with address books but still it
| won't do that (ie when I typed in someone's name, it won't provide a
| list of e-mails). I clicked on the Address Book icon on the menu bar,
| then Tools->Options.  It is displaying the name of the address book
| under "When sending mail, check names using these address lists in
| the following order:"  How do I setup this properly?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
12/28/2004 6:34:11 AM
So how does this checking feature work?  What is it checking against?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> The check names feature is populated dynamically as you enter email
> addresses.  It does not use the Contacts folder or Address book for this.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Titus asked:
>
> | So I have enabled checking names with address books but still it
> | won't do that (ie when I typed in someone's name, it won't provide a
> | list of e-mails). I clicked on the Address Book icon on the menu bar,
> | then Tools->Options.  It is displaying the name of the address book
> | under "When sending mail, check names using these address lists in
> | the following order:"  How do I setup this properly?

0
Titus1 (6)
12/28/2004 7:07:01 AM
Previously typed mail addresses.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Titus asked:

| So how does this checking feature work?  What is it checking against?
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| The check names feature is populated dynamically as you enter email
|| addresses.  It does not use the Contacts folder or Address book for
|| this.
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
|| After furious head scratching, Titus asked:
||| So I have enabled checking names with address books but still it
||| won't do that (ie when I typed in someone's name, it won't provide a
||| list of e-mails). I clicked on the Address Book icon on the menu
||| bar, then Tools->Options.  It is displaying the name of the address
||| book under "When sending mail, check names using these address
||| lists in
||| the following order:"  How do I setup this properly?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
12/28/2004 8:29:57 AM
Automatic Name Checking (autoresolution) does use your Address
Book/Contacts. But you are not asking about that feature. You are asking
about autocompletion (Suggest Names), a different feature entirely. As Milly
already pointed out, it uses a cache of names derived from email you have
sent.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Titus" <Titus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So how does this checking feature work?  What is it checking against?
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> The check names feature is populated dynamically as you enter email
>> addresses.  It does not use the Contacts folder or Address book for this.
>>
>> --�
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>> the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
>> account will be deleted without reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, Titus asked:
>>
>> | So I have enabled checking names with address books but still it
>> | won't do that (ie when I typed in someone's name, it won't provide a
>> | list of e-mails). I clicked on the Address Book icon on the menu bar,
>> | then Tools->Options.  It is displaying the name of the address book
>> | under "When sending mail, check names using these address lists in
>> | the following order:"  How do I setup this properly?

0
russval (3097)
12/28/2004 11:52:56 AM
Can you please explain how you can do autocompletion?  And is there a way to
clear the cache of autoresolution?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Automatic Name Checking (autoresolution) does use your Address
> Book/Contacts. But you are not asking about that feature. You are asking
> about autocompletion (Suggest Names), a different feature entirely. As Milly
> already pointed out, it uses a cache of names derived from email you have
> sent.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Titus" <Titus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So how does this checking feature work?  What is it checking against?
> >
> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> The check names feature is populated dynamically as you enter email
> >> addresses.  It does not use the Contacts folder or Address book for this.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >>
> >> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
> >> the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
> >> account will be deleted without reading.
> >>
> >> After furious head scratching, Titus asked:

0
Titus1 (6)
12/29/2004 12:09:02 AM
Depends on your Outlook version, which you have yet to post.
The autocompletion feature is enabled by default when you install Outlook
2002 or 2003, but you can disable it by clicking "Options" on the "Tools"
menu, clicking "E-mail Options" on the "Preferences" tab, and then clicking
"Advanced E-mail Options," then uncheck "Suggest names while completing."

Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting
the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to
migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of
the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623
To clear single entry autocompletion lists:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=289975

--
> Can you please explain how you can do autocompletion?  And is there a way
> clear the cache of autoresolution?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Automatic Name Checking (autoresolution) does use your Address
>> Book/Contacts. But you are not asking about that feature. You are asking
>> about autocompletion (Suggest Names), a different feature entirely. As
>> Milly
>> already pointed out, it uses a cache of names derived from email you have
>> sent.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Titus" <Titus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > So how does this checking feature work?  What is it checking against?

0
russval (3097)

Move mailbox loses forwarding address
Hi there, hope you can help. We are moving our users from Exchange 2000 to a 2003 exchange server (with 03 DC's). I am using the move mailbox tool in ESM on 2003. I move a maibox over that has a forwarding address set on it. After I move it on the new server the forwarding address is gone. The address is an external address. Is this a known issue? Has someone ran into this before? thanks for any help or pointers rr On 11 Apr 2006 12:23:21 -0700, rrosa3@gmail.com wrote: >Hi there, hope you can help. We are moving our users from Exchange >2000 to a 2003 exchange server (with 03 ...

Duplicate e-mail address
I'm importing contacts in AD by means of ADSI through an ASP-page on our intranet. Works fine, but seems that it is possible to import the *same* smtp e-mail address for different contacts generating sending problems as illustrated below ? Is this a configuration issue or intended by design ? (Via ESM it can't be done manually). Thanks for any insight Regards Rudy Steyaert Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: .... Sent: 16/12/04 12:10 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: name@domain.com on 16/12/04 12:10 ...

Range Names changing by themselves
I everyone, my problem is that I have many sheets (1 for each week of the year) an in each i have like 550 defined range. I need to acces these range for data compilation and everything seeme to be working fine until 4-5 weeks ago... now, the range names of the cells of one line is set to the line afte and the cells where the range name should be is set to nothing (well.. g55 for exemple... back to normal state) Exemple : (range1) = "g55 " (range2) = "what range1 sould be" (range3) = "is OK" and this problem appears to be random and append 1 or 2 times by ...

Names across worksheets
I am defining groups of cells as a name by using these steps, "Insert", "Name", "Define". This works great when I'm on the one worksheet, though I find a brief problem when I try to span across worksheets. I've taken 6 cells from one worksheet and one from another. If I do a normal sum, the answer is 1795. If I do a sum on the defined name, it comes to 3595.5. I thought for some odd reason that the result was doubled, but it's more than doubled (only just). If I simply do =(defined name), it comes out to the value of the final cell (on the s...

How do I change row names from A to something else in Excel?
I will like to change row and column labels from standard to my own is there a way? e.g. instead of A, B, C and so on can I not name them looks more professional. You can hide the column headers (tools>Options>View); that will also hide the row numbers. Use Row 1 for labels, use Windows>Freeze Panes to keep Row 1 visible -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "laidbackmate" <laidbackmate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7476C4AB-2DDC-4C1A-8C73-227FD0E009C7@microsoft.com... >I will like to change row and column labels from standa...

excel,compare 2 books or sheets
I have data that I export to excel but the data can change evrey day, like additional items, or qty or price ,How do I compare the the 2 books or sheets to show me which item is new what wasnt there yesterday, or the which items the price or qty changed? ...

Checking text length.
I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to find all cells within a column that have a text length of more than 30 characters including spaces. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to start counting? Thanks. Chris. Hi one way: - select your data (e.g. cells A1:A3000) - goto 'format - Conditional Format) - enter the following formula =LEN(A1)>30 - choose a format to highlight these cells >-----Original Message----- >I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to >find all cells within a column that have a te...

Named range(s) of non-adjacent cells return #VALUE! error in array formulas
I have ranges made up of non-adjacent cells from one worksheet and I get a #VALUE! error when I try to do any conditional count or sum calculation with an array formula on either or both of them. Each range is a selection of 32 non-adjacent cells from a single column. The cells contain array formulas that return percentages. Example of range values I8: 5.9% I11: 12.1% I14: 22.3% I17: 0.0% I was able to get values returned from simple functions like Max and Min but the following example gives me the #VALUE! error: {=SUM(IF((Rng>0),1,0))} =COUNTIF(Rng,"<.0125") Any wisdom ...

How Dialog Can Check Thread Status?
I am beginning a thread when a button is pressed in a modal dialog. I want to be able send status back to the dialog so I can display it in a edit box. The thread is running a test on a SCSI device so I want to display status as test progresses. Any help on how I might go about accomplishing this would greatly be appreciated. I am noivce windows programmer so please bare this in mind. Steve Heck wrote: > > I am beginning a thread when a button is pressed in a > modal dialog. I want to be able send status back to the > dialog so I can display it in a edit box. The thread is...

Primary Key names. (with random ?? numbers in them).
Dear reader, For primairy key names I was (and still am) used to names like : 1. PK_<table_name> Now I have a database which has primairy keys with double underscores and names like : 2. PK__<table_name>__<number> There are two underscores and a large number. When scripting (database or table): The name from 1 appears in the script. The name from 2 does not appear in the script and a similar name with a different number is generated when the script is executed. My problem, if I do not have control over the names of objects, it becomes difficult to ma...

Hostname from IP address
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me please.. I have a spreadsheet that is linked to a survey being hosted on our website. The survey is about internet safety and one of the questions it ask is what is your ISP? However it seems that not everyone here in Bahrain knows this and their entries are not valid. However we trap the IP addess in the survey results and these are pulled into the spreadsheet along with all the survey answers. column a column b column c column d IP Address Sex Age Nationality etc.. 193.188.105.25 M 32 Bahraini etc.. 84.235.101.66 M...

how can I prevent users from changing the send from email address
How can I prevent users from changing the "send from" address to another user's address when they send out an email? I would like to block this feature. Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Setting Group Policies and the correct Exchange permissions (when using Exchange) would get you quite far already. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/policies.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Ques...

Check this patch
--oemvyvignpvdxa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ybebentxxlnjrtg"; type="multipart/alternative" --ybebentxxlnjrtg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hwwhhhhnzevimpzdo" --hwwhhhhnzevimpzdo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure...

Protection of check boxes in excel 2002
Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes. When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound to be simple but help is always welcome. Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes. You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another (hidden???) worksheet. Newbeetle wrote...

Preventing certail domains from using * Address Space?
Due to an integration we need to ensure that ALL SMTP traffic to certain domains stays on our internal network tunnels and is delivered to a specific IP address in a separate Exchange Org. The problem is that even with a separate SMTP Connector with a cost of 1 we are still seeing some mail flow to our other higher cost connectors. How can this be prevented? Thank you for your help, Paul <pfortner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127494597.758768.269880@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Due to an integration we need to ensure that ALL SMTP traffic to > certain domains stays ...

HQ & Check Stores
My HQ and SO's seem to be processing worksheets fine, but since yesterday, my "check stores" feature kicks back an error "attempts to contact HQ failed." it has worked in the past. any reasons or remedies? thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_013C_01C6A668.7AA9DD40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Steve, Is this the machine that's running HQ Client? Has the machine running HQ Client had their IP address changed and = you've hard coded the now wrong IP ad...

Block Email of certain file name or even content
We have a user who somehow got the lists of salary for everyone in the company - we know the document name - IS there any way we can block by this name or even by the word salary? Thank you. Can your Antivirus software for Exchange block by keywords? I have McAfee Groupshield and it can accomplish that. Never tested it though. -- - Ahmed Jalal "JP" <jp@msn.com> wrote in message news:uaISWvOiGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We have a user who somehow got the lists of salary for everyone in the > company - we know the document name - IS there any way we can...

Personal Address book in OWA
How do you configure OWA so that users are able to pull their Personal Address books. I noticed the Global Address list and Contacts when using the drop down menu, but cannot find out where to include a users' Personal Address Book. Do I have to create separate Address Lists in System Manager for EX2K3? Can somebody give me the steps to do it? Thanks in advance, Bill You can't. OWA can't access .pst files. You would need to have them put their personal contacts in the Exchange store, perhaps create a separate contact folder and call it "personal" "Bkana"...

multiple email addresses for contact
Is there any way to modify the email address field to allow multiple email addresses for one contact? Thanks hello, you can add custom attributes to the entity contact, so you can, for example, create fields like "new_email2", "new_email3" and show them on the contact form. "lynn" wrote: > Is there any way to modify the email address field to allow multiple email > addresses for one contact? > > Thanks But can you then select that email address for "To"? This seems also to be an issue with Spouse Email and Personal Email, built in...

Sending to multiple addresses

Name cells before sort
Hi everyone I've a long list of clients, all with values. I have to count and sum them all but first i have to name them all. I'd like, if possible, to do a sort first and name it all and then put the list back how it was, but i loose the reference of the names. Any ideas? Tks in advance Pedro Hi Pedro, Try using a pivot table to summarize your data. For more help see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot...

Dynamic range names, multiple criteria, sumproduct
Hi all I'm trying to use dynamic ranges in a in a sumproduct formula A. compare for unit B. compare for category C. Which range to use for "Adjacent" values) Stored in $E$1 from Lookup Here is what I have so far =SUMPRODUCT((WORTotals_Units=$A501)*(WORTotals_Category=$F$500)*$E$1) But returns #Value! error Also tried =SUMPRODUCT((WORTotals_Units=$A501)*(WORTotals_Category=$F$500)*INDIRECT(($E$1))) But returns #Ref! error Here are my dynamic ranges (if I did everything correctly) WORTotals_Category =OFFSET(WOR_Totals!$D$2,0,0,COUNTA(WOR_Totals!$A:$A),1) WORTotals_Units =O...

How can I change a text to a cell's address?
I'm trying to use the down formula, but the result is a text. I need the result from de cel, but the Excel don't understand the result as a cell's addres. Some one could help me? This is the formulas: A5 = ENDREÇO(BDCONTAR(S8:S29988;S8;Fórmulas!H17:H18)+8;19;1) P4 = CÉL("CONTEÚDO";A5) => Result "$S$495" I need that the Excel understand the result as a cell's address. PS.: My Excel is in portuguese. ...

Check if Exchanges 2003 distribution list is valid from VBScript
My company recently upgraded from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003. Shortly before that, we upgraded our domain controllers from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003. I maintain an ASP Web site which among other things needs to be able to let users specify the names of distribution lists and verify that those distribution lists are valid. Before the Exchange Server upgrade, I was able to do the latter with the following VBScript code: WindowsDomain = "<windows-domain-name>" ExchangeServer = "<exchange-server-host-name>" EmailDomain = "...

fixed assets book info
Hello: Is it possible to import book data into Great Plains if the Fixed Asset Management module is already implemented with an internal book? In other words, can data for a separate book be imported into Fixed Asset Management "later"? Also, just one more thing as an aside. I have noticed that if you are in a situation where you have not imported in book data for one of the two books set up in Fixed Assets that you get an error message upon saving a new asset saying that data for the other book has not been entered for this asset. Auto Add Book info was checked for both...