Check Names box is difficult to read

In Outlook 2002 (XP), when I have entered a name that may
occur multiple times in my Address Book, I can click on
the Check Names icon and it will display all similar
names.  Unfortunately, the other information, such as
email address, is stuck out in right field somewhere and I
have to shorten some columns and widen others to see it,
plus scroll horizontally across the box.  In Outlook 2000
I could see everything at the same time in the Check Names
box.

Is there anyway to resize this box so I can see what I
need to see?  Thanks.

Unfortunately, no.  If you are able to upgrade to Outlook 2003 anytime soon,
you'll be happy to know the address book window is now resizeable.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:003701c3aac2$f7f6cd70$a101280a@phx.gbl,
TitansFan wrote:

> In Outlook 2002 (XP), when I have entered a name that may
> occur multiple times in my Address Book, I can click on
> the Check Names icon and it will display all similar
> names.  Unfortunately, the other information, such as
> email address, is stuck out in right field somewhere and I
> have to shorten some columns and widen others to see it,
> plus scroll horizontally across the box.  In Outlook 2000
> I could see everything at the same time in the Check Names
> box.
>
> Is there anyway to resize this box so I can see what I
> need to see?  Thanks.

Sorting Combo box items
If someone could tell me how to sort the contents of a combo box in 2007 it would be much appreciated. Base the combo box on a query that has an appropriate ORDER BY clause in it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley (no e-mails, please!) "Teeder" <Teeder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D5993EB-E9D6-44FC-A0F0-50B8B5DAB9AD@microsoft.com... > If someone could tell me how to sort the contents of a combo box in 2007 > it > would be much appreciated....

Is it possible to Cond. Format a List box
Is it possible to format a list box , so as if one row has a zero balance is this field (Part of Script) [tblInvoice_ItMdt.TotalAmount FROM tblInvoice_ItMdt] I could change the colour of the font?...............Thanks for any help............Bob Bob, Access doesn't allow this natively, and I doubt that anyone has come up with a way to do it with a listbox. As far as I know, the closest you would get is to make a continuous view subform, and use conditional formatting on it. You could lay it out so it looks pretty much like a listbox... but of course if your listbox is multi...

Full Name
Hello, I am trying to create a new entity in CRM 3.0 which will be similiar to contacts with more specific information. I noticed that on Contacts the primary attribute is 'Full Name' which is not displayed on the form. I am guess that it concatenates the First and Last Name on some type of event handler or something but I can not find it. I basically want the same thing where I do not have Full Name on my entity form but a First and Last Name field which will be there own fields as well as the primary field like the method it uses in the Contact entity. Can anybody help me? Garr...

Check patch from M$
--bnfbzlgrkqqxawjsn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="clxrbuuswuf"; type="multipart/alternative" --clxrbuuswuf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xyhlniqkpnbzehav" --xyhlniqkpnbzehav Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

Is there a way to delete names off the autofill option?
Outlook 2002/2003 * When Outlook suggest a name, use the arrow keys to highlight and then press the delete key. Outlook 98/2000 * http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242074 "SSB" <SSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D177F85-6600-436F-A8DA-C56003332863@microsoft.com... > Thank you so much. I've been wondering about this operation since I began using Outlook at work. SSB "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote: > Outlook 2002/2003 > * When Outlook suggest a name, use the arrow keys to highlight and then > press the delete key. > &...

ACH Check Conversion at POS anybody doing this?
I am currently setting up Check verification or maybe we will use ACH check conversion. I would appreciate any advice or warnings from users who have tried and failed or tried and tried and tried and finally suceeded. We have been trying to get Positive and Abanco and Geti to get echeck verification running for 2 months still no luck. -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP ...

Changing Domain Name through Internet Address Management Wizard
Hi Guys I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing remote.mydomain.com address through Internet address management wizard. Now he wants to change to remote.mynewdomain.com as old domain is too long. Is there any way so we can change through IAMW. run the wiz, job done. "Atul Sood" <atulsood@live.com> wrote in message news:uVlbmkd3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys > > I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client > using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing rem...

Form Dropdown Combo Box
My dropdown combo box currently displays one column. What I would lik to do is have the box dispay column A and B but only extract the I from B. How would I be able to do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but have you trie using a CONCATENATE function to join the values in Columns A & B? Say you have first names in Column A and surnames in Column B. Us something like =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1) in Column C for the dropdow list. You could also use =A1&" "&B1. The apostrophe marks are just...

Address Name on Contact and Account Entities
WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up with a good reason why it was deployed the way it is. Thanks Chris you might want to call one addres the contact's "Vacation" address or their "Home" or "Cottage" pretty weak, but that the best example I can come up with! Dave Ireland. "Chris Treanor" <ChrisTreanor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:351A37EA-3F21-413E-AF28-2862F74F15B7@microsoft.com... > WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up > wi...

Cannot read return from Axis webservice
I have to invoke an Axis webservice, however, the service returns a soap message without the xml declaration line, so .net returns a null reference. Is there a way to easily tell .net to ignore whether the xml declaration is there?? ...

enter text in text box without setting focus
Hey everyone , I have a fittings database to track fittings in a shelving unit. I am trying make a report to draw a chart of the location of all the fittings where some of the drawers can have up to 8 fitting. I am placing text boxes based on calculated positions base on quantitys of drawer slots and of locations. When I have placed the text boxes I want to put the name of each fitting in the text box. When I try to change the textbox it says I have to have focus but when I try to set focus it says property or method not supported. How can I change the text in each text box without set...

Stop receiving the name & Password prompt for Server POP3 & SMTP
how can I stop receiving the Internet Email window for POP3 and SMTP server everytime I SEND or RECEIVE something? I have already logged my user name and password along with selecting the indicator to Remember Password. During setup I selected to Enable Macos. I have removed and setup a new account twice closed out of OUTLOOK inbetween but still receive the same User ID and Password prompt for both the POP3 and the SMTP server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Ou...

Password box in Outlook XP
Whenever I start Outlook XP, I keep getting the Password box. No matter how often I type in my password the box just won't go away and I can not read my emails. ...

Outlook and read-only Global Catalog #2
Hi all, our customer wishes an explanation on the following Outlook problem that not browse any error when it try to update active directory on a read-only GC. For reproduce the problem: Force some outlook clients to use a GC that is not a DC of the domain the user is a member of. In this case the write to the directory can not take place. However if we define a delegate this is written in Outlook but not in Active Directory,so it doesn't work. Questions: Why Outlook doesn't dipslay any error when we define the delegate? Where Outlook write this delegate when the DC used is read-only...

must read

script to read registry subkeys and values
Hi all, hoping someone can help me here... I have the following two scripts, one reads the values of a key and one reads the subkeys of the key: dim fs, a, x, y Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("C:\apps\Output.xls", True) strComputer = "." Set objRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv") strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Landmark Graphics Corporation\EDT\5000.1" objRegistry.EnumValue...

Check for Active mailboxes
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable HI All, On excahnge 5.5 is there a way or a tool that can check for me which = mailboxes are still active and give me such a list, so that noin active = mailboxes can be deleted? Kind Regards, Thys de Beer Novell Engineer North West Provincial Government --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encodi...

restore exchange mail box
to MVP my office is using win2003 server & exchange 2003 sp2 , now i want to try to build a new server to replace it now i build a win2003 ( still haven't add any user ) & exchange 2003 ,i want to user a TAPE driver to restore my old exchange server mail store to new server ( use CA Arcserve backup 11.5 + exchange agent ) but when i choose restore source in tape ,i can't choose any mail box in or just choose the mail store , just can restore all mail store , but it is not work , any one can teach me the step about that thank your very much You cannot restore individu...

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Change profile name
I have Windows 7 and WLM 2009, build 14.0.8089.0726. My email address has changed and I would like to know how to change my profile name to my current email address. I have looked in all the 'obvious' places. Thanks. Profile name as in what shows in the From field when you send a message? Tools | Accounts | Mail Account | Properties | General | Name. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Howdy" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message news:CA70B0A5-98E8-4EE6-8F55-348743EA14CE@microsoft.com... >I have Windows 7...

pulling select names by codes?
Hello, I have a list of 7000 names, addresses etc like below. I would like to pull all the people with their correct address and names with the same code number in H column. How would I do this Thanks Mare A B C D E F G H (code) 4006 TUCKER MARY L PO BOX 6324 LKPORT NH 03247-6324 0 26709 THYNG JOANNA M PO BOX 679 ASHLAND ME 4732 0 16643 MELVIN LEE R 2405 BOSTON POST RD GUILFORD CT 6437 0 17232 CUCCARO MEGAN P 53 MARSHALL RD MERIDEN CT 6450 0 19400 ZURAD JOHN T ...

How to extract month number from month name
I have a workbook that have multiple workshhets in it. The worksheets are called January, February, March ..... (Please note thare are a couple of worksheets which are not month related). Within each month sheet I have a column that has a reference number 01 for Jan, 02 for Feb, 03 for March... At the moment the reference numbers are typed in manually. Is there a way where I can extract the month number from the month name and automatically insert it into the reference number column? Any help would be appreciated. This formula will extract the month name from the sheet tab and calcula...