Character limit in bcc field?

Hi all,

we're currently trying to email all of the contacts in our database, around
4000 addresses. We do this by copying and pasting all of the addresses into
the BCC field in Outlook. The problem we're having is that not all of the
emails are copying into that field, there seems to be a limit on the field
length.
 Does anyone know how to overcome this limit?

Many thanks for any help,

Gareth.

Don't use Bcc. Instead, use a mail merge to send individual messages, =
which will be more likely to make it through the recipients' spam =
filter.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Gareth Hughes" <gareth.hughes@ccinw.com> wrote in message =
> Hi all,
>=20
> we're currently trying to email all of the contacts in our database, =
around=20
> 4000 addresses. We do this by copying and pasting all of the addresses =
into=20
> the BCC field in Outlook. The problem we're having is that not all of =
the=20
> emails are copying into that field, there seems to be a limit on the =
field=20
> length.
> Does anyone know how to overcome this limit?
>=20
> Many thanks for any help,
>=20
> Gareth.=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Converting special characters
Is it possible to get the sum of cells using numbers entered in feet? I other words...I need to calculate a sum using numbers with the ' & symbol next to the number indicating feet & inches. Is there a special way to do this, or do I need to convert the data t whole numbers? Thank you in advance. : -- calimar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2453 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39022 Assuming you don't have ...

Outlook 2007
I created an email and addressed it to one of my Contacts. When I printed the email, it printed an additional field at the top called "Contacts" with that contact's name. This is not a customized form. Why is this field printing at the bottom of the TO, SUBJECT, and ATTACHMENTS fields in the header as an additional header. Thanks so much! Jean ...

Excel amount field formatting error
Excel 2000 version 9.0.6926 sp-3. My amount is 18.00. I select format-number-currency and my amount becomes $1800.00. Always adding 2 zeroes! It formats correctly if I enter just 18. If my amount is 18.25 it formats it as $1825.00. I've tried several different formats with no success. My computer is an hp pavilion xt926. Can someone please help me?!?! Thank you. Lynn Hi, Lynn. Thanks for providing all the info---most people don't. Go to Tools-->Options, and click the Edit tab. Untick "Fixed Decimal" thingee. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com &q...

Publisher does not suppress blank fields with Catalog Merge...please help
As I originally posted, I need help finding out why Publisher is not suppressing blank lines when I merge to a new (or existing) document. [I tried to reply to the existing post, but google just gave me an error.] The person who replied just referred me to the help file (F1). Well, actually, I have tried the Help file, Microsoft's knowledge base, and newsgroups. That's why I posted here. I cannot find any information as to why it is not suppressing blank fields, and inserting extra lines. Some real constructive help would really be appreciated. I am posting here as a last resort...

message is larger than the current system limit
I am new to Exchage Server administration. I have Exchange 6.5 SP2. I can't get an email out with a 12M attachment. We have to send such a large file about once a year. I have read, and, I believe, followed the instructions of Article 322679. My user account send limit is: 200000 (KB). Golbal Message Delivery Property is "No Limit." I set Default Virtual Server Send Max to 200000, Session Max 300000. Set Connector to send Max 200000. I ran gpupdate /force on server and client. After that, I turned off cached mode on the client; restarted Outlook 2003; Turned Cached Mode b...

Keep quoted numeric characters as text.
Is there any way I can keep Excell from converting double quoted strings of numeric characters to a number when opening a .csv file? I have a column where sometimes the text being imported is something like "001". I need to load it as text '001' instead of as a number 1. If I change the column to text after opening the file, the leading zeros are still missing. In MacXL you can open it directly with Text Import wizard. With WinXL you need to change the extension (say, to .txt) first. Then set the column to Text in the third pane of the wizard. In article <043b...

Deleting Leading Characters
I just exported a file from monarch to excel. Unfortunately, some of th columns have a leading (') in each of the cells. I tried using TRIM, bu it did not work. How can I delete the leading character (')? I have 50 rows with multiple columns : -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26923 try replacing ' with "" -- duan ----------------------------------------------...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007
Hi there, I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc, they are in the correct font of Arial. Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this? Thanks very much. This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

Tasks
I went to a table view for my tasks, went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields" I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks... I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions: Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc... but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display the information of this sort... I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information related to how they "repeat"? Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting th...

Field with running count of records
Hi, I have a query with fields such as date, Item Number and Quantity. I want to create an additional field called Count that will act like an autonumber. It will assign a value of 1 for the first record, 2 for the second number etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks, -- Chuck W There are tons of posts on how to create a "ranking" query. You must have a field or fields that uniquely identify the sort order. If you provided significant table and field names as well as your desired sort order, someone could create the SQL for you if you can't search for and fi...

How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s.
Q : How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s... E.g How i will come to know that i typed more than specified charater, when i am typing in that particular cell Your character to test is in A1 In another cell enter =CODE(A1)>CODE("s"). You will get TRUE or FALSE Or use =IF(CODE(A1)>CODE("s"),"Bigger","Not bigger") -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dharamendra" <Dharamendra @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2427962-5283-43FD-B9B0-5B367EA2470A@microso...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

Grid Pane Field Expressions
Ordinarily, I would put field expression code in the OnFormat_Detail event section. However, if it's possible to build the expression I want directly into a query grid pane while in grid design, I would prefer to do that in the current instance. Current case: I have a field "Title" (happens to be the title of a classical music piece.) and I also have the cataloging system and values in separate fields, CatSystem and CatSystemVal, e.g., "Op.", "78". So, if the current piece has a chronological catalog value, I want the query to return it appended to the title ...

Can you expand/collapse columns based on a reportitem/field values
I have a report that is driven by accounting periods. The columns are 1, 2, 3, Q1, 4, 5, 6, Q2...YTD. Currently when the report opens all that is shown is Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and YTD and the user can expand from there. What I want to happen is, if we are in Q2, I want columns 4,5,6, Q2 to be expanded. So the report should read Q1, 4,5,6, Q2, Q3, Q4, YTD. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Original Stealth, Certainly can. I created the following dataset: SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 1 AS Expr2, 500 AS Expr3 UNION ALL SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 2 AS Expr...

webdings characters and word
hey, im trying to do a mail merge to word and one of the columns on m spreadsheet ive formatted with webdings and a "c" character cos i nee to have a box on the word page, but when i do the mail merge it jus comes up as a "c". if I format the text in word as webdings it gives m a half block kind of thing. any ideas? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Matt In the cell is the letter c. That's it!! It's the Wingdings font that makes it look like the graphic. You'd have to format the mailmerge font to Wingdings for that letter, to get the sa...

Print bcc's on copy of sent message?
If *I* send a message and blind copy someone on it, is there any way to get Outlook to print the bcc recipients? Right now I'm having to handwrite the bcc's on my file copy. Would love it if Outlook would automatically print this. ...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

Upsize AutoNumber field to SQL Server
The Upsizing Wizard Add-In in Access 97 would automatically create an Insert Trigger when upsizing to SQL Server. But when I use the built-in Upsizing Wizard in Access XP (2002), it doesn't seem to create those triggers. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere or will I have to manually create those triggers for my upsized DB? TIA! ...

shortcut condenced character space
i want to condense character space with short key, You can assign a shortcut key to a specific amount of condensation. In the Tools | Customize | Keyboard dialog, select All Commands as the category. In the Commands list, scroll down to Condensed: and type in the desired amount or select it from the dropdown. Then press the desired keyboard shortcut and click Assign. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "imran" <imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AF23718-2357-454C-BD2...

Problem inserting calculated pivot fields into Pivot Table (2007)
Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The field shows in the Field List, but Excel will not let me drag the Calculated field into the Pivot Table areas (other than into the Values area). What am I doing wrong? Hi A calculated item or field, can ONLY be allocated to the data area. It's position within the data area can be modified, but it cannot be moved to any other area -- Regards Roger Govier wamiller36 wrote: > Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The > field shows in the Field List, b...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

::: Outlook 2003 - TaskPad
Hello, Could anyone tell me if the TaskPad has a limited amount of task that can be enter? If no perfect! If yes what is the limit (in number of tasks)? In other words can I enter as many tasks as I wont or not? Many thanks for your help! Have a good day, Jacques infojacques@gmail.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote: > Could anyone tell me if the TaskPad has a limited amount of task that > can be enter? > If no perfect! > If yes what is the limit (in number of tasks)? > In other words can I enter as many tasks as I wont or not? The Tasks folder itself, depending on you...

Can I mask or hide the mobile phone field from the GAL?
Hi all, Is it possible to hide a field - in my situation the mobile phone number field - so that users cannot see this value when looking up a user in the GAL? Thanks! One way to do this is to modify the Display Templates that Outlook uses to display Address Book fields. This may help: http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/how-to-modify-display-template-to-make.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "paoutdoorsman" <paoutdoorsman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...