Changing the color of a group folder

In Outlook 2003 when you create a New Folder, can you change the color of
that folder? Also, can you change what it looks like? I maybe over looking
something that is so easy to do.

Thanks

0
msn6818 (1)

You can't use colors on folders....but I'm not sure what you mean by
changing what it looks like. What is it you're trying to do?

Howard wrote:
> In Outlook 2003 when you create a New Folder, can you change the
> color of that folder? Also, can you change what it looks like? I
> maybe over looking something that is so easy to do.
>
> Thanks

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2003 -- miscellaneous issues, mainly with Offline Folders
Outlook 2003 seems to really dislike Offline folder synchronization if a user receives any virus infected emails (ie. if something has NetSky in it) -- is there a way to prevent the synchs from erroring? They use NAV for Exchange and it should be protecting them so I don't think that's a concern. ...

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

Changing which database Business Portal points to
If I install Business Portal 2.5 (GP) and point it to our Great Plains development server with an old Dynamics database, once we decide to take it live, how do I go back and point it to the live Great Plains server? Is this something that can only be done during the installation? Let me preface my response by saying I only have experience with BP 3.0.... In BP 3.0 several tables are created in the Dynamics database to support the various BP functions. Unless you plan to move or copy those tables you will probably have to reinstall BP 2.5 in order to have them created. Our attempt to cop...

Sync of folders between WLM and Hotmail
I have folders in WLM that do not appear in Hotmail. Does it make a difference where I created them (WLM or Hotmail)? An e-mail in a WLM folder appears in my Inbox folder in Hotmail. How do I synchronize my folders? Is your Hotmail account(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) set up as an = http or pop3 account (Right click account in the left hand pane/Properties/Server tab) If Pop3, folders created in WLM are present only in WLM and folders = created in Hotmail web UI are only present in the web UI If http, folders created in one place are present in both after = synchroniza...

Sub Folders
Hi Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, also to loop until no sub folder is found. C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. Create Post array Post(0) = Sundays Post Post(1) = Mondays Post Post(2) = Tuesdays Post something like this, can you help? regards Ron On 24/11/2009 09:52, LondonLad wrote: > Hi > Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, > also to loop until no sub folder is found. > > C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. > ...

pantone colors #2
Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. Find doesn't do it. B I don't think Publisher has all the Pantone colors. There are close equivalents. Not the same of course... C=0 M=53 Y=100 K=0 R=252 G=115 B=35 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob Wright" <mmpdallas@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23N1wilmHJHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. > Find doesn't do it. > B Guess you are right, not all there. Weird. Close equivalents ...

pivot table -repeating "months or days" after grouping
I have data that includes the month, day, hour, min. When I run th pivot table function to reduce the data to hourly I need the date t repeat in the date column. Example: 9/19/2002 0:00 2.7 9/19/2002 0:10 3.7 9/19/2002 0:20 3.8 9/19/2002 0:30 4.6 9/19/2002 0:40 4.8 9/19/2002 0:50 4.8 9/19/2002 1:00 5.6 9/19/2002 1:10 5.2 What I get when I group the Pivot table: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - - 1 AM 3.7 - - 2 AM 3.8 - - 3 AM 4.6 - - 4 AM 4.8 What I want is: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - 19-Sep 1 AM 3.7...

Changing Titles by a formula
From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to another sheet. I only need to change the office and date per each title. Is thier a way to do that making the office and date a formula in another cell? example of title ABC Comp, Office 38L Sales as of 6/07/2004 I need to only keep changeing the 38L and date. Any suggestions----Thanks Say Office # is in Column 'C' in cell A1: ="ABC Comp, Office "&C1&" Sales as of "&Today() ----- Heather wrote: ----- From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to ...

"Move to folder" icons unlabeled
Using the "Move to Folder" command, the icons displayed are missing their names/labels. I've used this feature for years, but I just purchased a new copy/license of Outlook and installed it on a new PC with Windows 7.0, and it is giving this problem. Nothing happens if I right-click the icons displayed, and I've searched in vain for help in the MS support forums as well as the Microsoft site. Thanks in advance for your solution(s)!! ...

selectively download folders from isp
I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I have mulitple folders on that account. I was wondering if there was a way to only download what is in my yahoo inbox and not in my yahoo bulk folder. Hi Moose I you take a look at your preferences in yahoo mail - http://mail.yahoo.com you have the option to send bulk mail to your pop3 client. As easy as that. Chris "MOOSE" <MOOSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA4254F-0DB3-47BD-AC3F-D34AFD4ADEC5@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I hav...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...

Change Row/Column Height & Width
I know I should be able to automatically set a row height to the max necessary by hovering the cursor between the 2 rows I want to adjust and double-clicking, but sometimes this doesn't always work. Why is that that - do I need to adjust a setting? And is there any way to set it so that if text is added or deleted the row height would change automatically so thatthe text fit appropriately? Set the row format to Autofit and cells to Wrap Text Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:14:04 -0700, DaveL <DaveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know I should be ...

Changing Functional Currency #4
Try to change the functional currency to Z-CNY. ERROR = Activity for this currency already exist. Finance made 2 GL transactions. Can we remove the transactions (Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Remove History) or (File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data ) then change the functional currency? Which tables should I remove history or clear data. Can someone on the board help us? regards, Once you process a transaction, you are stuck with the functional currency. I have not seen a table fix for this problem on the board. Consider creating a new database an...

Deleting Folders
Hi, I have all my accounts synchronised. I have inadvertently deleted a folder with many sub-folders under my local folders. Does anyone know if I can retrieve and how? Appreciate any help. This info. is very important. In case of Exchange; Tools-> Recover Deleted Items... In case of a pst; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Change default "SaveAs" to *.msg rather than *.html
Hi!, Using Outlook 03, I regularly need to save emails and prefer to save as *.msg so the attachments are contained within the one file. How can you change the default SaveAs command to Save as Type in a *.msg format (rather than *.html) so the type is already *.msg without having to use the pull down? Thank you Troy Outlook provides no way to change that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TroyB" <boeky72@hotmail.com>...

change column name from letters to numbers?
I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing some of the contents to a printed spec. Each numbered field in the spec corresponds to a column in the work sheet. I'd like to change the column headers from letters to numbers. Is that possible? Tools-->Options, General tab. Check the R1C1 Reference Style. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Jerry" <jerry@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OoyPef$eFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing ...

2003 Public folders disappear on clients then reappear
Dear all, I have noticed that public folders will for no reason drop of users clients and the reappear without any intervention. Eventvwr shows no errors just one warning 5008 to indicate a log file was deleted which seems fine. Oh and we have exchange 2003 standard SP1. Recently sorted out some AD problems and now all dc's seem to be replicating correctly with no errors or warnings. I have recently updated RUS pointing it to correct DC as it was pointing to a server that had been demoted following AD troubles. So I'm lost as why this happens any ideas or suggestions greatly r...

Outlook Folder Security
I have the following Outlook 2002 security questions: Is there a way to assign Outlook Folder Permission via a third party application? We want to let the service desk assign permission to user's calendars without giving them the rights to view the mailbox. We are looking for an application that runs as a service with elevated permission or an outlook profile. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools for tools to help = with this. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsof...

Changing of range (Address) to (Cell)
Hi people I have encounter a problem with the use of range From a recorded macro, it's listed this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2,A24:M28"), PlotBy:=xlRow And I edit it to this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2," & Cells(StartX, StartY), Cells(LastX, LastY)), PlotBy:=xlRow And obviously VBA compiler won't let me go this easily, it happen to give an "evil-comment" on my source range, May i know how can i solve this Thank You Hi Kaiyang, Try this, assuming the...

junk folder
> How do you turn off the Junk process. I have my own filter. ...

Net change and percentage of change
Hi, I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whether it is positive or negative and the percentage of the increase or decrease. The difference is not a problem. The problem lies in calculating the percentage. I don't how to do that. Can someone tell me? Thanks, Richard =(B1-A1)/B1 "Richard" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old > price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whethe...

Tool to Create High-Color Icons
Can anyone recommend a good tool for creating high-color icons for my projects. I have Corel Photo-Paint. It's pretty powerful but I can't do very good shading by hand. Aren't there some tools out there that will render 3D shading? Thanks for any suggestions. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com I would recommend XaraX (www.xara.com). You can produce nice shaded stuff like on the page: http://www.terra-informatica.org/htmlayout/ You should save (export) you images as PNGs (with or without alpha channel) and use 2DIB.exe (http://www.terra-in...