Changing sent from email address

My outlook email account displays the wrong address in sent messages. This
means that replies keep getting sent back to sender. Can't find how to change
to display correct email address.
0
Rusty75 (1)

Type of email account? Have you looked in tools, accounts? It's usually
entered in the acct settings. Note that a few ISPs will force the usage of
the address assigned to the account logging in - preventing you from using a
different address to send using their server.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Rusty75" <Rusty75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My outlook email account displays the wrong address in sent messages. This
> means that replies keep getting sent back to sender. Can't find how to
> change
> to display correct email address.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How to make return address labels in Publisher?
Can you do the title above in Publisher? Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you interested in? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DBCD56-027A-406F-B9D1-3EF45B8E33C0@microsoft.com... > Can you do the title above in Publisher? Thank you. I use the 2.5" x 1" size. it is a standard Avery Label size. "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you > interested in? > > > -- > Don > Van...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Track Changes items look different on two computers

view email maximised
I've just upgraded to OE v6. When I double-click on an email to read it, the window returned is too small to be useful. How do I get maximised windows automatically when reading emails ? Cheers. ...

Attachments in e-mail sent to many users
Hello All I am trying to find out how to send an e-mail attachment to a lot of different contacts in CRM 3.0. We were told there was a way but the instructions don't work. The e-mail goes to all the receipents but no attachment is every sent. Can someone please give me directions on how this is done. -- Thanks ...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Outlook 2000 won't delete emails
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" It says, helpfully. It leaves emails still sitting in the Inbox that I want to consign to the delete box. Oddly enough, if I go to another folder and delete something there, it will sometimes work - and then even allow me to delete a message or two from the Inbox before reverting to the error message. I've removed Outlook and re-installed it, with no improvement. No idea why this problem has arisen - it was fine till yesterday and I've not altered anything in the meantime. Any ideas? ...

how do i verify my e-mail address?
PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? And by verify you mean? "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Send an email to yourself? If it leaves your outbox and later on arrives in your inbox, everthing should be OK? Hope that answers your question. "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Start a...

can't find how to confirm e mail address
i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address Outlook can't really help in that effort. What provider are you using for your email? "newcomer" <newcomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C58BB8B-64E8-4F62-B223-54D946846A9A@microsoft.com... >i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address ...

Editing emails
Hi there We recently moved to Outlook 2003 and not only can you edit the subject line, but if you right click on the message and select Edit Message you can edit the message. This replaces what was originally sent to you. We would like to disable this feature before users accidentally discover it. Can it be disabled? Thanks in advance. Kylie B All versions of Outlook have always worked this way -- as do other mail = programs. Once the user receives the message, it's theirs to do with as = they wish. If you want to restrict that, you would need to add a layer = of message security...

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

Plain Text email unreadable
I previously used WinXP & O2K3. Recently I reloaded my machine with Vista & O2K3. New installation, not upgrade. Ever since the switch, emails from one specific sender are being received and are unreadable. The emails are in plain text and the header is readable but the body of the emails are garbage. I have viewed the emails via webmail and they look fine. when I open outlook and download the messages into my local PST they are unreadable. I am using the same version of O2K3 and can't figure this out. I am able to receive plain text emails from other senders ...

Email rules.
Hello, I added an second email account in my smtp setting as secondary and created a rule in my outlook to forward emails received to this second SMPT to a group of users. This work fine but it will be better to have this done by the Exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to do this at the Exchange server level? and not from outlook so if my outlook is not open it will still forward those emails. Thanks. You could create a Distribution List and assign it that smtp email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------------------------------...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

mouse point changes to paper with bent edge when selecting workshe
Having problems with Excel 2003. It will work fine for awhile then start acting strange. This started a couple of weeks ago. If you click on a worksheet tab, the mouse pointer changes. It has a piece of paper with one edge folded down. Once this happens, we can not get it to change back. If you scroll out of the excel sheet, this paper turns into a black circle with a line through it. The only way to get out of excel is to go into task manager and end task. This brings up a message that you cannot exit excel. Eventually you do get prompted to end excel as it is not res...

lost emails #4
None of my emails in my inbox are being saved. Once I close out of a message and open the next they are being automatically deleted. How do I stop this? Also, I'm assuming the ones I've lost so far are gone for good??? Sounds like your View setting has been set at "Unread Messages". Go to View on the top bar and tick "Messages". Should do the trick and you should get all your emails 'back' Lee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bf701c3d6c5$68a4d480$a301280a@phx.gbl... > None of my emails in my inbox are being saved. ...

Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent
Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent cell ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a7b8ab80-b31f-40cf-8e15-61852a054bd8&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc This is not p...

How to change decimal separators when importing text (csv) files?
I have a problem importing text files into Excel 2007. I'm currently working on a German version of Excel 2007 running on a German version of Windows XP Pro. Whenever I try to import data from a text file (csv), every number with a decimal separator is recognized as text. This clearly is because of the decimal separators. The csv files use points to separate decimals, whereas this German Windows is used to separate decimals using commas. Although the text import wizard allows me to select what type of decimal and thousands separators are to be used, the separators are always reset to th...

Help! Large emails vanished!
Environment: Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard I am investigating the frequent disappearance of emails for some users. The Message Tracking Centre shows that the message was received. However, I could not found the email in the users' mailbox. Checked that no auto-rule are enabled. Checked Exchange Email Journaling - no such emails. Yet, the message tracking centre shows that there such email exists. I think it's not the sender/subject of the emails as the user could receive other emails from the same sender and subject title. The common factor tha...

Cannot get working password change functionality in OWA
I've got Password change button and set up SSL with SelfSSL tool from IIS 6.0 resource kit, tested SSL with SSL Diagnostic tool. SSL seems working: when I assigned it to complete Exchange web site it works fine https://testsrv/exchange But when I click on Change Password buttonI am getting: The page cannot be foun The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar o...

email broken up into multiple attached text files on emails with multiple images
Hi There, I am encountering a fairly annoying problem with emails I am receiving with Outlook 2003 and that that have been sent from a Macintosh using the latest version of AppleMail. The emails have multiple image attachements (all coming though fine, although not in line which is how they have been sent) but the text of the email is broken up into text files that are attached. The first section of text in the email (ie before the first image) comes through fine, but the text after the first image in in an attachment, then the text after the second image is in another, seperate at...

Changing dates with a macro
I have a list of 7 dates, any Monday - Sunday, and I want to write a macro, that when run, will change the first date to 7 days in the future, and then have all the other dates respond to the change in the first date. I have taken an unused cell, and added 7 to the first date, but when i copy, or drag to the original cell, it either gives a #REF or the other cells wont respond. I write my macros by stepping through the processes. I don't know enough to actually write one using the visual basic language. A B C 1 8/30 Mon 2 +A1+1 =A2 ...

merge email outlook 2003
Help, I am trying to complete an email merge. Everything goes great until sending - I can only 25 about 25 messages then Outlook 'freezes' and send me an error message: "Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?S2 4.5.3 No more transactions allowed.'" My Internet Server says they are not the problem in fact I have a 'business account' and should have a fairly large message limit (certainly extremely larger than my currant project). ...

don't want to print headers of email
If I receive an email from somebody that is sent to say 100+people. When I go to print that email, I get 2/3 of a page with the header information (to, from, subject, etc). Is there anyway to turn off or suppress the printing of headers of an email in Outlook to save ink/paper? Thanks, Darren ...