Changing mind about sending message

How does one cancel a sent message?  I changed my mind
about one that I sent and now I want to cancel it.  I can
do this with Internet Explorer, but can't seem to find
the option in Outlook Express.

Thanks.

Shari
0
anonymous (74722)

Next time, post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them.  This
group supports Outlook from the MIcrosoft Office suite - Outlook Express is
a part of Internet Explorer.

AFAIK,  Outlook Express does not have support for message recall and only
Outlook when using an Exchange server has a somewhat flaky message recall
function.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Merry_ShariDancing
asked:

| How does one cancel a sent message?  I changed my mind
| about one that I sent and now I want to cancel it.  I can
| do this with Internet Explorer, but can't seem to find
| the option in Outlook Express.
|
| Thanks.
|
| Shari

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Problem to send multi language subject line email in 1 Outlook
I found that besides english , I can only send email with subject line contains 1 kind of non-unicode language It is fine and display very well to include different language in the body. But I cannot send 1 email with japanese subject line, and then another one with chinese subject line. It only allow subject line with 1 kind of non-unicode language based on setting of default non-unicode language in Reglional and Language setting in control panel. Is there any way I can send email with different language subject line (not in same email. just one by one in different language)? My ...

Adding text to all outgoing messages...
I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How can i do this ? Carlos for your text (assuming you are usaing exchange)... http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.aspx?pid=ME&lid=en They provide a free version that does disclaimers. "Carlos Mendes" wrote: > I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How > can i do this ? > > Carlos > check this vbs sample http://www.aloaha.com/article/eventsink.html "Carlos Mendes" <cjmendes@confetil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:51esu09sh1tpfl4usbfbht083cq970...

Keep mail icon only for messages in inbox ???
Hello all, I running Outlook 2002 (XP Home) and SpamBayes. SpamBayes is an anti-spam filter that automatically removes messages as they arrive if they are deemed to be spam. (I also have Spam Bayes set up to mark these messages once moved to the Spam folder as read) Right now I get the new mail icon in my taskbar (the envelope icon) when any new mail arrives (no matter if it's a real message and stays in my inbox or a spam message that is moved to my spam folder). Is there a way I can set things up so I'll only get the new mail icon for "real" mail that remains in my inbox?...

Can't send attachments #11
Ever since I upgraded to WinXP(home) I can no longer send attachments of any size. SP2 installed. I'm using Outlook 2000. I keep getting "a timeout occured while communicating with server (error number 0X800ccc19). I am not on a network and have turned off my virus scan. I can send plain email fine. Any ideas appreciated. ...

changing component quantities in a manufacturing order
I am new to GP 9 Manufacturing and am having trouble figuring out how to change the quantities issued to a MO. I have components that have lot numbers and my BOM consists of theoretical component quanitities. I need to be able to change the quantities to actual cosumed for the MO when the job is done, and be able to close the MO. My components cannot be backflushed. Does anyone have any information that might help me? The manuals for manufacturing don't help much. I keep getting stuck in the Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry window and keep going around and around. T...

When I type 100 EXCEL changes it to 10. Why?
When I type numbers into my EXCEL sheets it reduces the number by 1 number. I have changed the format of the cell multiple times in an effort to correct it and nothing seems to work. I will type 20 and EXCEL will show 2. I changed the number of decimal places and it still shows 2. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? select Tools - Options. On the Edit tab make sure the Fixed Decimal option is not ticked. Nick "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFCCB8E5-FB61-4FD9-A3EA-C362CDC22C92@microsoft.com... > When I type numbers into my...

Outlook 2002 errors message
Can anyone tell me why my Outook, although working fine, but after sending/receiving email I get an error message: Folder Inbox Synchronizing Headers reported error 0x80070057 Thanks I am looking here because I am getting the same problem. I wonder do you use comcast, did you set up and download email via http based as I had prior to setting up my Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me why my Outook, although working fine, >but after sending/receiving email I get an error message: > >Folder Inbox Synchronizing Headers reported error >0x80070057 ...

How to change default paragraph setting in Outlook 03 email?
I'm trying to get the paragraph setting in Outlook 03, which is currently defaulted to "Auto" changed to zero. How can I change this default? ...

outlook closes when trying to send email
Can't send any emails, either new ones or replying to an email, can only forward emails. Any ideas. "Rod Potter" <maestr2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:P6ydnWgnO5yFmn_bnZ2dnUVZ_tKinZ2d@comcast.com... > Can't send any emails, either new ones or replying to an email, can only > forward emails. Any ideas. > Which Outlook version (Help -> About)? Do you have the same problem if you run Outlook in safe mode? Open the Start menu and choose Run. Type 'outlook /safe' (without quotes) in the Open field and press OK. HTH, Ronald Nissley Rod ...

Wrror when trying to send invoice to CutePDF writer.
Why Money Small Business 2005 error every time I try to send an invoice to CutePDF writer? It says not enough memory, but I have plenty of memory. 2GB should be more than enough. Quickbooks doesn't have a problem with it at all. Isd there some setting I'm missing? In microsoft.public.money, Bash wrote: >Why Money Small Business 2005 error every time I try to send an invoice to >CutePDF writer? It says not enough memory, but I have plenty of memory. 2GB >should be more than enough. Quickbooks doesn't have a problem with it at all. >Isd there some setting I'm ...

Outlook not saving messages in Sent Items when forwarding
My outlook (Windows XP)will not keep the checkmark in the box for sen items as its default. How do we make this happen ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy'
Hi there. Anyone know what this means? I'm trying to access my crm accounts from within outlook. Have run the Sales for Outlook 1.2, install went fine We have installed crmserver on port 82, have SharePoint on port 80, Project Server on 81. Should the homepage (in properties of MicrosoftCRM within outlook) Thanks Roger Hi Roger, You should not install sales for outlook on the same machine as crm server. This won't work, even not when you use different ports. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Roger Reid" wrote: > Hi there. > > Anyone ...

changing fonts on a report
I have text that I added to a report via the label control. I can't seem to change the font on this text. I have tried to highlight it and right click but it doesn't do anything. I do not see a Font option under Format. Where should I be looking? Thanks so much! with the report in Design View; you should be able to right click on the label control and go to 'Properties' - in that list are the font controls -- NTC "Selby" wrote: > I have text that I added to a report via the label control. I can't seem to > change the font on this text. I ha...

outlook express importing messages
I recently got a new computer with Outlook Express 6 on it. I want to be able to import my mail messages from my OE5. There is not an option to import from OE5, only Outlook, OE4 and OE6. I have tried all 3 option and nothing imports. What is the problem? I confirmed that my export is good and I do have data. Thanks for any help! In article <0a7601c3bf5c$d72a83d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |I recently got a new computer with Outlook Express 6 on |it. I want to be able to import my mail messages from my |OE5. There is not an option to ...

OWA 2K3 Change Password Notification Stopped Working
Hi Guys - I've been at this problem for a few months now... I'm at a total lost can anyone help. When users log into OWA they get a page that basically says: Internet Service Manager for Internet Information Server 6.0 Your password will expire soon. Do you want to change it now? Access default document or select another document. Donavan Do you want to disable password changes through OWA? Use adsutil.vbs script in \inetpub\adminscripts: adsutil.vbs set w3svc/passwordchangeflags 2 More info on enabling/disabling Change Password: Implementing the Change Password feature with ...

Excel & changes to "and"
Excel 2003 Why "&" sign is changed in names to "and" text, while "and" may be in different languages...? It happens instantly after I entering & in text cell. Excel sheet language is US English. While keybaord layote is set to Scandinavian. Can't find and conversion table to edit or to disable. Any suggestions how to fix this Excel bug? Thanks It sounds more like someone added an entry to the autocorrect list. Try: Tools|Autocorrect Options|Autocorrect tab And remove the entry for the ampersand (&). rina wrote: > > Excel 2003 &...

Importing a Qif file. Address change?
Every week I import a QIF file full of checks into Money 2003 that I generate in a database program I use. It seems to work fine except that when a client's address changes in my database, Money won't accept the new address. It prints the old address and the only way I can change the address is to edit the client's information in Money by hand before I print. I would like to be able to change the settings in Money to accept the incoming address on the checks, overwriting the current address in the account. Is that possible, or do I have to change the address twice? Any help ...

Tool bar changed in Excel
I am running Office 2003 and I can't open any Excel files. I receive an OSS macro error and the toolbar has changed. On the tool bar in Excel I have: Paint / Setup / WJC_Help / Chart Data / OSS When I click any of the above I get the following massage: THIS PATCH PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vender to verify that this is a valid windows installed patch package. I tried reinstalling and also updating the Microsoft Installer as per the kb article I found but no luck. Any help ...

Error Message
This is more of an irritation than a serious problem. I recently purchased a new computer and used a program called "AlohaBob PC Relocator" to transfer all my files, including program files, from my old Windows 98 computer to my new Windows XP computer. Now when I open any Excel file, or just open Excel from the program menu, I get the following error message: 'C:\Program Files\Add-ins\addinmgr.xla' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used...

Why are my sent messages not showing in the sent folder?
Messages I have sent over the past 10 hours are not showing in the sent folder. The only one that is showing is to a Skype contact ...

New Messages in In Book are deleting on theri own.
Can someone please help me. New messages to my inbox seem to delete on their own. I open the inbox see the messages in the Today's message but when I try to open they seem to delete. Any answers will be appreciated. Elcid Check your view settings to make sure you haven't inadvertently selected Unread Messages. If this is selected, messages will seem to disappear when they're marked read. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ...

DBA Job Transition / Change
After working for years as a DBA for my company I would like to transition to another position within the corporation. The company has a large IT department, however I'm not sure what I can transition to being a DBA. I'd like to hear from other DBA's out there that have transitioned to other jobs within or outside their company and if they successfully made the transition. What did you transition to? What IT jobs would a DBA qualify? Thank you very much in advance!! -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com ...

Tasks: changing categories by drag and drop?
I am heavily using categories to organize my to-do list and so I have defined a view that is grouped by categories. What I like very much is that when one can change categories by dragging an item from one category to the other. However, that operation *adds* the new category and so the item henceforth is displayed in both categories. Is there a way to change that behavior so that it actually changes, i.e. *replaces* the category? I tried with misc. modifier keys (the usual suspects: Shift/Control/Alt plus combinations) and searched the options, but nothing regarding this subject. Mayb...

Changing Row and Column colors
Is it possible to change the default color of the Row and Column headings (A,B,C ...., 1,2,3 ...)? hooper, You can change the font style/size etc by going to Format | Style | Modify...and changing the Normal style. However, it also changes the font used in the worksheet. You can change the color by right-clicking the desktop and choosing... Appearance (tab) | Advanced (button) | Item (3D objects) However, I doubt if you will like the results. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "hooper" <tgegan55@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hnbTd.21751$Tt.20355@fed1read05... > Is i...

Is there a history of changes to an object?
My color formatting disappeared when I closed and reopened my document. Is there a history of all changes made to an object, so that I can revert to a previous version? In news:C9E26DBC-8D97-4B6C-A38F-183A806BB934@microsoft.com, donnalee <donnalee@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: || My color formatting disappeared when I closed and reopened my || document. Is there a history of all changes made to an object, so || that I can revert to a previous version? Unfortunately, there is no history of changes after the publication has been closed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP ...