changing format in replies

Whenever I reply to an email the default message format is
plain text.  It's a pain having to switch to HTML or rich
text every single time.  I don't know how to make HTML or
rich text my default format for replying to emails.  Any
help would be appreciated.  btw, I'm using MS Outlook XP
(not express) and Word XP to compose emails.  Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook always replys in the format of the original message. Note that the
sender might be sending in Plain Text for a reason. Changing it to a less
compatible/supported format is not a nice thing to do then.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Peter J." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I reply to an email the default message format is
> plain text.  It's a pain having to switch to HTML or rich
> text every single time.  I don't know how to make HTML or
> rich text my default format for replying to emails.  Any
> help would be appreciated.  btw, I'm using MS Outlook XP
> (not express) and Word XP to compose emails.  Thanks

0
Roady
8/26/2004 8:30:27 AM
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:13:37 -0700, "Peter J."

>Whenever I reply to an email the default message format is
>plain text.  It's a pain having to switch to HTML or rich
>text every single time.  I don't know how to make HTML or
>rich text my default format for replying to emails.  Any
>help would be appreciated.  btw, I'm using MS Outlook XP
>(not express) and Word XP to compose emails.  Thanks

Outlook uses the original message's format when replying by default. If you
want to change it, you have to do so manually.

Just as an aside, it is not good etiquette to reply to a plain text message
in anything other than plain text. Many people do not want to receive HTML
messages and, therefore, always send in plain text. It's a hint.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
News Client (Text): Fort´┐Ż Agent 2.0   www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2   www.newsrover.com

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility
I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document (compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems to be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever is blocking me from using many functions? tools/protection/unprotect sheet "Me" wrote: > I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by > other people. One of them chan...

Format all comments made now and in future to be size 14
How do you format all comments made, in all workbooks, to be 14 Times New Roman? How do you do it before, not after... Check out the below by Debra Dalgleish http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "annc5411" wrote: > How do you format all comments made, in all workbooks, to be 14 Times New > Roman? How do you do it before, not after... ...

finding the results of changing 4 variables
Hi, I'm working on a 10 year financial forecasting model for an investment fund. The end result is to calculate the IRR. There are 4 variable inputs I would like to change, and observe how the IRR changes as those inputs change. In other words, I would like to play with changing two different fees, the fund size, and the expected return, and see how changing those impacts the IRR. Is there a way to do this on one sheet without manually changing all these inputs? I think Scenario or Data Tables might do it, but I'm not sure. Thank you. You might try this template...

How do you stop text size increasing in email replies?
I am a new Outlook user and finding it rather frustrating that every time I reply to an email and whenever the recipient responds to me, the text size in each email going back in the email trail gets larger and larger. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? ...

Paste links, changed filename
I have created 3 exel 97 Files. Each File has approx 30 sheets. One of them is a source file. The other 2 use file1 data using paste link(paste special). At some stage I have changed the names of the files and now when I open them it asks the usual question " do you want to update linked information", Iclick "yes" ~ then the computer wants me to select the source file. Before, it just started straight into the file I wanted ~ how can i resolve this( with as little effort as possible)? Try hitting no, then do Edit / Links / Change Source, save the workbook and hopef...

"Change Credit Details" button does not appear
I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the "Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' settings. In microsoft.public.money, mar11974 wrote: >I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the >"Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' >settings. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281109/en-us helps. I've no idea if it helped the original poster, but it seems I have the same issue, and it didn't help me. I'm ...

create a rule to automatially move an email to an archive folder after replying?
any ideas? <chadsadam@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5ed75444-ca18-442a-ba7a-5b3148e64743@b29g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > any ideas? No you can't. What you can do is to move the email to the Archive folder before reading (though why you should want to archive immediately I don't know) and use a Search Folder in Favorite Folders pane.... ...

Track changes in Opportunities in History??
We are getting ready to implement CRM(for the second time), and we want to make sure that we can track changes in an opportunity in the history. I figure that SQL tracks these changes, and we want a tab that will show us who made changes and when. Sounds like you need an audit log created for opportunity. You can use a postcallout to achieve it if you like to write code, otherwise there's 3rd party tool for audit log like c360. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 11:06 am, rhalljr <spam2005acco...@yahoo.com> wrote: > We are getting ready to implement C...

Change height of row
Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a way to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up with a pre-printed form. Hi i think the limit is 1 pixel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam MacT" <Pam MacT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CCAE9073-80C5-47B1-B103-7834241AF34B@microsoft.com... > Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a > way > to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up > with a pre-printed form. ...

Changing Resource and fields on a subform
I have a subform with fields on it that are present when i first open the form. But when I click on a status button, I'd like the subform to change the fields that are present. For instance when i first open the fields are formid, lastname, firstname, subject, date, range But when i click on formstatus button, i'd like the fields to show: formid, subject, range, product I know how to use recordsource to change the recordsource, but then the fields that I am not using show up as #name? How do I get the subform to change field names so that the fields I am not using, doesn't show ...

convert PDF to other vector file format?
Is there any free conversion tool to convert a PDF file into a vector-based file format that can be imported and displayed in publisher? Is there any reason a tool like that has not or cannot be made? I wanted to ask why publisher cannot import PDF format directly but that may be asking too much. The images and text can be extracted from pdf files with another program. Would that do it? -- Don Vancouver, USA "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:unygw1$9EHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any free conversion tool to convert a PDF file into a v...

How do you change the default folder
How do you change the default folder of where Outlook saves attachments from the temp folder to the users My documents? Melinda ...

Calculation / Format Error
I'm using this formula in cell AE69 =IF(AL69="NO","",AE68*(AM69/100)) When the logic is true I want the cell value to be zero, but show as blank. When this cell is summed up with others, a #VALUE! is returned. I am assuming excel is seeing this cell as text and thus returning an error. I have tried adjusting the formula to: =IF(AL69="NO","0",AE68*(AM69/100)) I have selected the accounting formating for AE69 with the "£" symbol. However, instead of getting the £ symbol to the left and a dash representing z...

Estimating Savings When The Interest Rate Changes Based Upon Savings Amount
I want to design a spreadsheet where I can enter in my estimated savings per year, and it will output my estimated returns, at current interest rates, at the age of 65. The issue arises because the interest rate changes at various savings levels. The details are: $0 - $50000, r=.01 $50001 - $100000, r=.015 $100001 - $125000, r = .0228 $125001 - $150000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .01 $150001 - $200000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .015 $200001 - $225000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .0228 $225001 - $250000, r for t...

Saving Formatting in Pivot Tables
When I changed formatting in a pivot table, it returns to the default format when I make a change or close the file. Generally, in formats like font size, column width, etc. Is there a way to save/retain format changes in pivot tables? Thank you. right click in the table and go to the bottom to select "table options". It's there. >-----Original Message----- >When I changed formatting in a pivot table, it returns to >the default format when I make a change or close the >file. Generally, in formats like font size, column >width, etc. Is there a way to...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Editing Item Information in a grid format
Does anyone know of clean way, have an add in, or link to Excel or Access, that allows a person to edit item data file in a spreadsheet, or grid style format? You can kind of do it with Access, but you continually get a "The data was added to the database but the data won't be displayed in the form because it doesn't satisfy the criteria in the underlying record source", when you update the line, and then the line disappears. Nathan, I wouldn't recommend changing data outside of RMS, but if you're really determined; http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

restrict "reply" and "reply to all" to distribution lists
Is that anyway to restrict "reply" and "reply to all" to distribution lists? You can restrict emails being sent to these lists but not "reply" and "reply to all". This could cause a nasty "mail storm"! Comments? and it frequently does just that...all you can do is restrict who can send to the list...and smack people on the wrists with a ruler who use "reply to all"... "strattman" <strattman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7ECE4D9-6FE8-4DAE-B6C4-8A0568433FBA@microsoft.com... > Is that anyway ...

Changing name from Arabic to English
I, m registering all new recruitment employees so always I'm writing the employee name by Arabic and English. So there is any code to change automatically the person name for Arabic to English ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

How do you turn off "Save a copy/Overwrite changes" dialog box
Hello Guys, I have created a (password to open) workbook using Excel 2003 SP1 on a shared network drive which when I try to save by using Ctrl S or clicking the Save icon gives me an irritating dialog box which asks: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do?" -Save a copy -Overwrite changes Please can someone tell me how to deactivate this annoying dialog box as I have been unsuccesful so far in my efforts :confused: Many thanks in advance Nick -- Nicko -----------------------------...

Detecting changes on form
Hi I have a form which has several sub forms. I need to check when anything on a form is changed including on any of the sub forms. Would it be enough to check the AfetrUpdate of the main form or do I need to check AfterUpdate of each sub form too, or do something else? Many Thanks Regards Why would you use the AfterUpdate Event to detect change (in data)??? I think the more appropriate Event would be the Form_Dirty Event and you need to use the Dirty Event of the main Form (for changes on the main Form) and the Subform (for changes in the Subform). -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Change sheet number in formula
Is there a way to do the following. I have a sheet with a formula that reference to another sheet. I need to pull a number from the same cell in every sheet. I want to do a summary of some sheets using the formula... =+'Sheet1'!A1 =+'Sheet2'!A1 Instead of hard coding the sheet number in the above formula, is there a way to reference a sheet number from another cell.?? ie Cell A1 = Sheet1" Cell A2 = "Sheet2" Then have another cell that pulls from A1 =+'CellA1'!A1 Very difficult to explain.... hope that made some sense... Thanks ** Post...