Changing default for "Save As Type"

I want to save messages with word, dwg. etc. attachments to files on my hard
drive.  when I click "Save As' the default "Save As Type" is "Text Only".
How do I change the default to "Save As Type" to "OUTLOOK MESSAGE FORMAT" so
that the attachments are saved with the text message?

Thanks for any help,

PMAC
0
PMac (4)

Not possibl3e.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"PMAC" <PMAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to save messages with word, dwg. etc. attachments to files on my
>hard
> drive.  when I click "Save As' the default "Save As Type" is "Text Only".
> How do I change the default to "Save As Type" to "OUTLOOK MESSAGE FORMAT"
> so
> that the attachments are saved with the text message?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> PMAC

0
suemvp (4038)

Default "Save as Type" problem
Outlook 2003 - when saving an e-mail message "save as type" defaults to HTML. This unfortunately strips off the attachments. I need to change to Outlook Unicode type as a default, but when changing settings in Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - "Use unicode message format when saving" when ticked on - doesn't seem to make any difference. Default still appears as HTML. Can anyone help Thanks, Georg ...

Changing 'Save As' 'Save as type' default in 2003
I am running Outlook 2003 on WinXP Pro. Is there a way to change the default on Save As - Save as type? My default is HTML, and I would like to change it to Outlook Message Format. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlo...

Changing default for "Save As Type"
I want to save messages with word, dwg. etc. attachments to files on my hard drive. when I click "Save As' the default "Save As Type" is "Text Only". How do I change the default to "Save As Type" to "OUTLOOK MESSAGE FORMAT" so that the attachments are saved with the text message? Thanks for any help, PMAC Not possibl3e. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PMAC" <PMAC@discuss...

restrict the save as type options in an excel workbook
Is there any way within an Excel workbook, to restrict the save as type options in an excel spreadsheet? Particularly, I do not want anyone to be able to change from 2003 workbook to 2007. Thanks Dan hi, Dan ! > Is there any way within an Excel workbook, to restrict the save as type options in an excel spreadsheet? > Particularly, I do not want anyone to be able to change from 2003 workbook to 2007. it is assumed your workbook is already saved as 97/2003 excel version... 1) put this in your workbook code module (ThisWorkbook) Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boole...

Save as type
When I want to save an Excel spreadsheet, I have many options when it comes to "Save as type". What I want to know is what all those options mean? Yes, I know the basic ones, but while some are common sense, others are a mystery. Isn't there a white paper which explains these options in more detail, and when they are used and for what purposes. Thank you. One place... Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types (tab) Another place... http://www.fileinfo.com/ And another... Wikipedia -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Liontamer" &l...

Changing Default settings on "Save as Type"
From: "Gordon Byrne" <gordyjb@yahoo.com> Subject: Changing Default setting on Save as Type Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:32 AM Hi, is there a way to change the default setting for Save as Type when I am saving an email. It defaults to Text only but I would like it to default to Message Format. Thanks for any help. Gordy No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.out...

Save as type #2
Hi how can I set in mail message Save As window by default save as type - Outlook Message Format? br, Tarmo tarts <TarmoR@bcs.ee> wrote: > how can I set in mail message Save As window by default save as type - > Outlook Message Format? You cannot change the default "save as type" value. HTML messages will always have a default of .htm, Rich Text a default of .rtf, and PLain text as .txt. You can, however, just drag the message from the mail folder to a Windows file system folder to have a default .msg. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlo...

Save as type missing types
What would cause the save as type drop down list not to have any options except for *.xls? ...

Save as type
I have installed Outlook 2003. When there is an inbedded picture to save the picture the only type available is bmp. How can I add jpg, gif, etc. to the down drop options? You can create a macro for this (adjust the SaveAsFile location if desired); Sub SaveAttachment() Dim objCurrentItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim colAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Set objCurrentItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Set colAttachments = objCurrentItem.Attachments For Each objAttachment In colAttachments objAttachment.SaveAsFile ("C:...