Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail

I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to
select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always
defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select
the other one. How can I change the default list that
shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e-
mail?
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook version?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to
> select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always
> defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select
> the other one. How can I change the default list that
> shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e-
> mail?

0
suemvp (4038)
9/29/2004 1:09:36 AM
Sorry about that - it's Outlook 2002 SP3, operating on
W2000 Professional.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/29/2004 1:12:08 AM
Tools | Address Book, then Tools | Options in the Address Book dialog.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Sorry about that - it's Outlook 2002 SP3, operating on
> W2000 Professional.

>>>I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to
>>> select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always
>>> defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually
> select
>>> the other one. How can I change the default list that
>>> shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e-
>>> mail?

0
suemvp (4038)
9/29/2004 11:16:08 AM
Thank you. I don't think I would have found that on my own.

0
anonymous (74722)

Lists Questions
i have a list that i have 10 different accounts listed in on my form. I have it setup so that i can select multiple options. how do i get this list to show up in the actual table? I had to create this list on the form itself. is there a way to take that list that i made and convert it into a text field when i run a report? and have it display what was selected? Are you trying to put multiple accounts in the same table field? That doesn't seem right. A multi select list box will not return a value if you use it like Me.txtAccount = Me.lstAccountList You have to loop through the Item...

Licensing changes
We have a customer who has downsized their operation and will have significantly fewer users on a MS CRM system. We need to know if it is possible to get the license reassigned to reflect this, so when they purchase upgrades to add-on products they do not have to purchase licensing reflecting the old much larger organization. Thank you for the help. -- Patrick You will need to discuss this with Microsoft to see if they can give you a license key with a smaller number of users. Either way this is a tricky one and only MS can answer ======================= John O'Donnell Microsof...

Receiving e-mail requires
Today for the first time, when I open outlook and attempt to receive e-mail, a dialog box opens. It says to "Enter Network Password" and has my e-mail Server, Username, and Password are listed along with a box to "Save password in your password list". when I click to Save and ok the Box reopens exactly the same, and I haven't been able to receive an e-mail. If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Serve...

how to create a dynamic descending list of months & years
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet whereby in cell A1 I enter in any given Month and Year ("January 2005", formatted as a date), and in cells B1:J1 the previous months and years show up (December 2004; November 2004; October 2004; etc....) If I type in "April 1985", the adjacent cells would read "March 1985; February 1985; January 1985; December 1984; etc... I've thought of a couple laboriuos, crude, potentially faulty ways of doing this, but it seems like there should be an eloquent solution. Very much appreciated!!! Marika :) Can you put the followi...

Why won't Publisher won't let me change the Business Card Option..
I'm trying to print a business card, but for some reason Publisher won't let me change the Business Card Options settings. I want to print Multiple copies per sheet, but it won't budge from One copy per sheet. Why is it doing that, and how can I cirumvent it? siege_b wrote: > I'm trying to print a business card, but for some reason > Publisher won't let me change the Business Card Options > settings. I want to print Multiple copies per sheet, but > it won't budge from One copy per sheet. > > Why is it doing that, and how can I cirumvent it? ===...

Sharing Contacts 10-06-06
How do you view shared contacts in your outlook contacts folder? i am sure this is just a New user stupic question... Thanks! -- Jhenderson_Marketing By shared contacts, do you mean CRM contacts? If so, then clicking CRM > Synchronize should sync the CRM contacts you can see into your Outlook contacts folder. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jhenderson_Marketing" <JhendersonMarketing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F343F867-87E1-4FB9-8F29-6DC0D0829FF6@microsoft.com... > How do...

E-mail Problem
I have an e-mail server running Windows NT4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. When a user of mines attempts to send to one agent out side of the company we receive the below error message. What could be going on. Thanks Reason: Fatal error sending message: No legal recipients Sending message to mdeaton@custard.com -----------------First 8192 bytes of------------------- ------- Unsent message enclosed after this line ------- Received: by exchange.sgic.com from localhost (mail daemon,slmail V5.1); Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:10:11 -0500 Received: from exchange.sgic.com [10.10.10.24] by exchange.sgic.co...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 and Yahoo Mail Download
1 Message on Yahoo Server (Forced Migration by AT&T to Yahoo Mail). Setup deletes messages on server after download. Download into Outlook 2003 SP3. Same message appears in my inbox 2 to 8 times. Same date, time, content, message header. After download, message on server is gone. Mostly with Yahoo groups but also from private individuals. Duplicate emails vary from 2 to 8. OS XP Pro SP3 - Outlook 2003 SP3. One primary mail account (originally with Bellsouth - still uses Bellsouth address) one sub-account (same as primary). Different usernames. Both configured to download fro...

How to change the color of a CProgressCtrl
Howdy, I want to use a progress bar as a simple analog display. But, I would like to be able to change the color (say, to red if the value is out limits) and I haven't seen any way to do this. This should be simple so I must be looking right over it. Any ideas? Frank Perry feperry90@hotmail.com Take a look at the CProgressCtrl::SetBkColor() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Frank Perry" <feperry90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:025a01c39fe9$1b7c6780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Howdy, > > I want to...

Customizing the "Details:" list for an entity?
I've created my own custom entities as an alternative to the default Product and Opportunity Product entities. This is because the whole price-list model doesn't fit my organization at all, and I can't seem to remove those attributes/relationships. So now, the Details: list for an Opportunity looks like this: Details: - Information - Products - Relationships - Sales Process - Activities - History - My Custom Opportunity Products Questions: 1) How do I rename that last entry, which is the relationship to my custom entity? 2) How do I move it up in the list? 3) How do I rem...

Restoring a single mail message with Ex 2003
I am trying to restore a single mail message with Exchange 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 This works for most users ok, but one user so far it failed - he got the following email: " VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers has activated the mailbox receiving this message. After verifying that all other mailbox contents have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, please contact your system administrator or refer to the job history for job <Restore 00015>." and then the job to restoe the message completed 100% but the email didnt appear in the users...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...

Ending balance changes???
Why does my ending balance change every time I change my time period? Your time period of what? <elias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cd4e01c4393d$5cf69a30$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why does my ending balance change every time I change my > time period? Ok: I mean that every time I change the time period in cash flow, the chart changes [it either shifts up or down]. So, whenever I try to change my 'Time Period' to 'Next 3 months' or 'Year to date', my ending balance changes. Is this correct??... >-----Original Message----- >Yo...

Change OWA FBA's logon page
All, We are running Exchange 2003 with a Front-End/Back-End configuration. This works fine. SSL in configured. I want to change to FBA (Forms Based Authentication). However, we were informed to modify the default page so that users DO NOT see the "Client" and "Security" options, but pass 'Premium' and 'Public or shared computer' parameters. Does anyone know how to do this? Since I am not a programmer/developer step by step instruction would be helpful. I am sure multiple files require a change. Thank you. ...

E-commerce add in?
I have a customer who is looking to implement RMS as well they are going to put some items in on there website. Is there a good/reccomended shopping cart site that would allow them to integrate the store and virtual store together. I have never done anything on the web side of things so I am looking for some info. Thanks. Zack Anderson ...

Create list to choose from
Hi, I'm just trying to create a short pulldown list in a spreadsheet. Instead of having to retype repetitve selections for this spreadsheet that gets used a lot, I'd like to create a pulldown list, but I'm not sure which kind of list to choose and I'm not sure how to enter the list. Can anyone help. Thanks a bunch. Diana Hi Dianah i'ld go with data / validation check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html cheers JulieD "Dianah" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OLWdR3GWEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx....

Global Adress list not updating
Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating when users are added or deleted in Active directory. I have clicked on "Update Now" under Recipient Update Service In Exchange System Manager. This does not update the list. Any ideas anyone? Which version of Exchange? Which version of Windows? Which version of Outlook? E "Brendon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3c42e$bb8ee630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating > when users are added or deleted in Active direct...

e-mail signatures
When I edit my signature for outgoing e-mials there is a button for "advanced edit" that takes me into Word. I added a .bmp file for my logo and it looks great in the Word editor and even back in Outlook in the Signature picker window. But the results of the actual signature in an outgoing e-mail are not the same. For example it double spaces all the lines of my signature where I had them single spaced. Any ideas? Edit the signature again. Go to the end of each line and click DELETE to remove the hard Carriage Return. Hold the Shift key and click the enter key to insert a ...

Prevent Outlook from being default?
Hi All, I have a notebook computer that has a PocketPC synching to it. On this notebook, I installed Outlook to get to my corporate server for synching contacts, notes, etc. I use OE for all my email on this notebook, and after every sync Outlook takes over the default email program role. Is there a way to prevent Outlook from trying to become the default email program? Thanks in advance for any help! Jerry Jerry Dubuke <jdubuke@not.gpdservices.com> wrote: > Is there a way to prevent Outlook from trying to become the default > email program? Which version of Outlook? it is o...

Change Name of Command Button
How can I change the name of a command button to text entered in cell a1? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477556 try this highlight the cell edit-copy right click commandbutton while in design mode click <properties> highlight name now edit -pastespecial hit enter toggle design mode "comotoman" <comotoman.1x5sih_1129741514.3488@excelforum-nospam.com&g...

new e-mail
need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need From your mail server. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7B39132-E6F9-45E7-ADDA-DA234D0A023C@microsoft.com... > need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need Do you have an existing email addres...

Script for changing users date format
Hi, Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? Thanks, Sophie Hi Sophie, Have you look into using workflow to update the data format field fo the users? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 16, 6:27=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? > > Thanks, > Sophie Hi Darren, Thanks for getting back to me. I can't find anywhere in the workflow an option to change the date format? Thanks, Sophie &qu...

combobox list in userform
Hi How do I compile the list for a combobox? Where do I put it? -- robzrob You put it in code. When the form initializes, use either the AddItem method or the List property to set the rows. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "robzrob" wrote: > Hi > > How do I compile the list for a combobox? Where do I put it? > -- > robzrob ...

Deleted items
I'd like for my deleted items to be listed in date order when deleted rather than the date they were originally received. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d66c023f-3eed-461f-bfa3-01769e...