Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail

I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to
select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always
defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select
the other one. How can I change the default list that
shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e-
mail?
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook version?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to
> select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always
> defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select
> the other one. How can I change the default list that
> shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e-
> mail?

0
suemvp (4038)
9/29/2004 1:09:36 AM
Sorry about that - it's Outlook 2002 SP3, operating on
W2000 Professional.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/29/2004 1:12:08 AM
Tools | Address Book, then Tools | Options in the Address Book dialog.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Sorry about that - it's Outlook 2002 SP3, operating on
> W2000 Professional.

>>>I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to
>>> select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always
>>> defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually
> select
>>> the other one. How can I change the default list that
>>> shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e-
>>> mail?

0
suemvp (4038)
9/29/2004 11:16:08 AM
Thank you. I don't think I would have found that on my own.

0
anonymous (74722)

Change case of text
How do you change text from lowercase to uppercase text? The format painter won't do it and the font options do not include uppercase. Thanks for help. You need a macro if you want to change case in the same cell See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here are some Macro's for changing text cells in the selection Sub Uppercase_macro() Dim selectie As Range Dim cel As Range On Error Resume Next Set selectie = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _ .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeCon...

can another person recieve copies of my e-mails without me know
can another peson rig my outlook to recieve a copy of incoming and outgoing e-mails from my computer without me knowing? Are you in a corporate environment? Or is this on your personal pc? Nikki Peterson "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC861439-B55C-4652-9201-3B4307A74E88@microsoft.com... > can another peson rig my outlook to recieve a copy of incoming and > outgoing > e-mails from my computer without me knowing? depends on your type of account, also whether this is a home PC "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Cannot send or receive mail
I keep getting the message that my username or password is incorrect. Problem exists on mobile and notebook. Internet is up. Comcast is the host. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Max200g" <Max200g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19F59EC1-BF62-4296-980B-52F4A239F36D@microsoft.com... >I keep getting the message that my username or password is inc...

Sending e-mails
When I send e-mail to addresses at yahoo or aol the System Administrator returns as unable to send. I am trying to use Outlook. What is the exact error message you're getting? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Maggy1234" wrote: > When I send e-mail to addresses at yahoo or aol the System Administrator > returns as unable to send. I am trying to use Outlook. It says that I am not permitted to send e-mails to the yahoo domain or a...

Global Contacts List Issues.
Does anyone know how to synchronize the Global Address List with a users Contacts list? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks. Daryl http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm might be helpful. "darylakagod" <darylakagod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAE59B3-7A70-46A6-8E19-93A533C7E1C1@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to synchronize the Global Address List with a users > Contacts list? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks. > > Daryl ...

Do i *need* a mailbox to create a forwardable e-mail address
I would liek to create an address like burfl-admin@mycompany.com which get's forwarded to joe@mycompany.com.... until joe goes on vacation or someone else gets the job of administrering burfls. Do I need to create a burfl mailbox from which all mail get's forwarded? or is there a more lightweight way of doing that? Can it be done with just a contact? Thanks, Steve -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:58:23 -0400, "Stephen M" <smeier07nospam@champlaintelephone.com> wrote: >I would liek to create an addr...

Default Vaules
Hi all, I've created a boolean Contact field called BoardMember. The default value is displayed as Yes (1), but when I create a new record the value gets set to No (0) automatically. I actually don't want new Contacts to get set to Board Members by default, so it is doing what I want, but not what it should be doing according to the default setting. Also, when I use the Customisations to change the default setting to NO (and save the customisations), if I go back to check it, it has gone back to NO - i.e. it's not holding the change (I've even tried changing it and iisreset/Pub...

Error when attempting to change Owner CRM 4.0
I have CRM 4.0 (recently upgraded from 3.0) Now when I try to change owners of an Account or Contact I get an error message "Invalid Argument" and I can't change the owner. I am the administrator and I can't even change it to myself. Thanks in advance for any help. Sounds like the deployment has developed a problem during your upgrade. Your first point in trying to look into the issue is to check the Application Event Log on the CRM Server - this should give further information on why the error is occurring. If you post the Message either on this board, or as a Suppor...

LDAP distribution list in Outlook
Hello and happy new year, Has anyone ever make LDAP distribution list which are visible in Outlook ? I can see LDAP contacts (InetOrgPerson) but not distribution lists (GroupOfNames). If you have an experience feedback, thank you to share it with me. I cant resolve this problem since 5 days ... ;) Thanks you Julien LESTEL jlestel....@gmail.com ...

Importing Access DB into Excel changes my calculated fields in Exc
I currently have an Excel worksheet that imports data from MSAccess. I have calulated fields built into this Excel sheet that calculates info from the results that are returned. When I refreshed this new year, less data is returned and the calculated fields where there is no data returned are showing #REF!. How do I keep the calculated fields static so they don't try to change when new data is brought in and some fields are now blank? See example below. The calculated fields are Variance and Pct Change Columns Year Month Dollars1 Dollars2 Dollars3 Total Variance...

Mail store when mounted crashes Exchange
When we try to mount one of out Mail Stores is it crashes the Information Store service and throws all users out of Outlook. We have identified one Large Mailbox store as the one that crashes Exchange when we mount it. A new Mail store was created and the mailboxes migrated, this worked for a while but the problem recurred. Is there a way to identify whether this is a corrupt mailbox without trial and error moving mailboxes from one store to another and testing whether it crashes the mailbox? Could this issues be causes by mail store being too large? Is there a theoretical maximim size for ...

Unsubscribe from a different e-mail address ?
Hello people, To be able to hande unsubscription from different e-mail addresses than the one the initial e-mail went to (and therefor cannot be handeled succesfully), I want to add an "unsusubscribe <original e-mail address>" link in the outgoing mail. I tried to define this as a link: "mailto:administrator@mydomain.com?subject=unsubscribe {!Contact : E-mail;}" But this does not work - it gives me the text "unsubscribe {!Contact : E-mail;}" when I click the link in the mail. Suggestions anybody ? Many thanks in advance ! Mav. I'm by no mean...

Recover Deleted/Erased Mail
I reinstalled Outlook only to find that all my previously downloaded email has been deleted. My Inbox was empty. Is there a way to recover the old email. "Kwame G." <anemawk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0dac01c361cf$1ca36260$a001280a@phx.gbl > I reinstalled Outlook only to find that all my previously > downloaded email has been deleted. My Inbox was empty. Is > there a way to recover the old email. Do a search for .pst files. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, r...

Contact list as Address Book Question
Windows XP Outlook 2002 I use my Contact list as my Address Book. when I view my Contact list it shows the peoples names like I wish, "Last, First" But, when I create a new e-mail and hit the To button to show the name list for addressing, it shows all the contact names "First, Last" I have looked all over and cannot find how to change this. any ideas? Gary........... Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <...

Diacritics by default.Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP3
If I open a new workbook and for example, type decor in a cell, Excel adds a diacritic over the e, thus d�cor. I don't want this to happen (it happens with many words) I can't see a setting anywhere which turns it on or off. We do use Excel on this PC to import text files which do have diacritics and are needed in the resulting sheets, and maybe it is remembering some setting triggered by the import. Any one have any suggestions? IanB go to TOOLS OPTIONS SPELLINGS AUOTCORRET Options UNCHECK REPLACE TEXT as you type OR Delete the Decor entry from there...

print a long list with 2 columns
I have one long column of data. Is there some way to have it print out in 2 "columns" per page? Like in Word, if I have a long list, I can set it to have 2 columns to accomplish this. Any similar Excel features? Bucky, have a look here for a way to do it, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm If you're not familiar with macro's, see "Getting Started with Macro and User Defined Functions": here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups...

How do I advise my address book that my e-mail address has changed
I am changing my server and therefore my e-maill address. What is the easiest method to advise everyone in my address book about the change? Tell them using whatever communication method you prefer. -- Russ Valentine "TKM" <TKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:127E7D77-A52A-49FE-8998-2421A1D6624F@microsoft.com... >I am changing my server and therefore my e-maill address. What is the >easiest > method to advise everyone in my address book about the change? "TKM" <TKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12...

Send Internet Mail
I am trying to configure some users to not allow them send internet mail (just send mail to internal accounts in Exchange organization). I follow the instructions described on Sending Internet Mail of link (I just tried to one user, not a group of users): http://www.amset.info/exchange/restrict-internetmail.asp but it is not working, is there anything else I should do? Thanks in advance for your reply. Regards, Paulo Moura On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 05:57:02 -0700, Paulo Moura <PauloMoura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to configure some users to not allow them send ...

mail drop service
How do I create a mail drop service? In the event my primary mail server goes down, once up, I can retrieve all the email using a exchangePOP3 service or other to pull the email from the mail drop account and deliver it the the correct recipients? - What you need is a backup SMTP relay that holds your mail when your primary MX goes down. - Your ISP can provide this, or look at other hosting companies. - EasyDNS is one such, they host your DNS (an excellent service, btw) and provide backup MX as part of the package. The DNS only service includes backup mail, costs about 20 bucks a year....

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

How do I set my sent items folder so that it doesn't delete mails.
Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it up so that it never delete any of the sent items. Thanks, -Ajay "Ajay Patel" <Ajay Patel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16684B53-C258-4A87-A5D6-23EB256C1E5F@microsoft.com... > Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it > up > so that it never delete any of the sent items. > How do you mean "deletes" them? are you using mcafee? I understand it will clean up old mail for users. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with C...

Outlook 2007-exchange issue..inbox doesn't show new mails when offline!
Hi I have outlook 2007 (Beta 2) installed and I connect to my office exchange server(2003) as well. Incoming mails from internet get routed to my local pst. Mails from exchange server keep sitting in my exchange mailbox-inbox, which I manually copy to my pst inbox (as is a known issue with Beta 2). Yesterday, for the first time I downloaded mails from home. Outlook downloaded all mails and the unread mail count increased....however, it just wouldn't show the new mails received. All it showed was my earlier mails downloaded while I was still connected to exchange server. Now I came to wo...

Print Contacts
Is there a way of printing a list of headers only in contacts and not all the address, tel#, fax info with it? TIA Geoff ...

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager installation Failure
Hi All, Helping a friend via Logmein. He had Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Beta on the computer and uninstalled it himself. I am unable to install Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager in Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS. Outlook 2007 installs, but fails to add Mail Icon to the Control Panel, even after creating a new USER Id. Computer is Spyware clean. Business Contact Manager fails to install. Suggestions? -- thecreator ...

Change Title Caption
Hello, How do I change the title caption to add in some value (eg Po number) to the title bar? ...