Changing default Appointment Time from 30 minutes?

Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30
minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003.
0
kpsm99 (1)

Stephen Morgan <kpsm99@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30
> minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003.

Do you mean by "default appointment time" to be the time Outlook gives you
between the start and end times when you create a new appointment?  I
believe 30 minutes is the minimum unless the slot for the appointment is
preselected.  If you are in the Day view, if you right-click on an empty
area of the calendar and choose Other Settings, then adjust the "TIme scale"
drop-down to 60 minutes, then the default interval for a new appointment
will be one hour, but adjusting the time scale to any value less that 30
minutes will still give a 30 minute minimum between the start and end times
for a new appointment unless you first select the interval before creating
the new appointment.  Thus, if you set the time scale to five minutes and
select any five minute range on the Day calendar, creating a new appointment
will show a five minute difference between the default start and end times.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Changing color of a range of cells dending up on a value in anothr
Hi, I need to change the color of a range of cell, depending up on the value in another cell. I am using Excel 2003. And it allows me to give only 3 conditions when using conditional format. But I have 7 differnt conditions. Thanks in advance for any help. Srajes. Unless you move to XL2007, you will need to use VBA. Here are some sites that will help http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-conditional-formatting-limit.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm Alternatively, there is an add-in here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- Steve "Srajes&qu...

Changing the default folder when inserting files.
Does anybody know how to change the default folder Outlook opens when inserting files? I have already tried the registry with no luck. Thanks. you can change the default folder - use the places bar to select the folder you want. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Disabled "auto reply"
Howdy all. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. We're running an Exchange 2003 server using Outlook clients internally and OWA for remote access. POP is disabled for remote access. I've checked the Global Settings -->IMF settings in the ESM and confirmed that "allow out of office replies" and "allow automatic replies" are deselected. I've checked the rules within Outlook and confirmed that no rules exist. However, I'm still seeing auto replies being sent to Internet accounts (not from within the network when connecting via Outlook)...

How do I change the "Project Type" in "law Firm Financial Analys..
he "Lawfirm Financial Analysis Worksheet" currently has only attorney related "Projects Types," e.g., bankruptcy, forming corporations, amublence chasing. I'd like to modify the worksheet so it would fit other professions, i.e., engineering, consulting, and the like. Are these worksheets, including the law firm financial analysis worksheet, modifyable? If you download the worksheet: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/TC011406201033.aspx you should be able to modify it. Clear the existing project types, and replace them with the ones you need. seanac...

New workbook/sheet defaults
I'm using Excel 2003 and have put two files Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in the startup folder whose path is specified in: Tools|Options|General|At startup open all files in: Sheet.xlt works fine for adding new sheets and Book.xlt works fine for new workbooks created by clicking the New icon on the Standard toolbar, but not if I create it using File|New then select Blank Workbook from the New Workbook task pane or if I click Templates|On My Computer then select Workbook. How do I have these actions use the Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt files that I've created for the purpose? JF. I would p...

where is the default directory of excel macros ?
where is the default directory of excel macros stored in my h drive? Hi there Im not sure if this is the correct directory but i found a one called macros in my excel diretory. D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Macros I think you will need to change yours to h: Mally "excel macros" wrote: > where is the default directory of excel macros stored in my h drive? Macros are stored in workbooks. If you said to put the macros in your Personal.XLS file, that file is in a directory named XLSTART. On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:59:03 -0800, excel macros <excel macros@discussi...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

default NTFS permissions on system partition : everyone group in or out
When setting up a new server, is the Everyone group going to have full control to the C: drive (system partition) by default? This is a big problem when people who are not part of the domain can connect to C$ (if they know what they're doing). Can anyone think of a single good reason why Everyone should be allowed full access to the C: drive? (When we took the Everyone group out on the Exchange2k server, we ran into instant problems - users called to say that they had lost their connection to the server.) Thanks in advance. That is not true. NTFS permissions may be set to give ever...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

logging date & time of data entry for individual cell
I'd like to log the time & date that content was entered into a (formerly empty) cell. When any data is manually entered into cell A1, the then-current time & date goes into cell B1 (and henceforth doesn't change). When data is entered into A2, the then-current time & date goes into cell B2. Once data has been entered into a cell, it will not be edited again. Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this? Thanks! Julz Put the following macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set r = Range("A:A") If Intersec...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

Excel: Open Recent Files

Formula
Have a simple idea that is giving me fits. Have a worksheet with numberic data and labels in rows and columns. Below each column I use a simple SUM() function which works fine, until I disturb a row of data. By disturb, what I mean is that if I move the top row of data down to the bottom of the array, highlight the entire data area, move that area up one row, I lose the correct references in the SUM() function. I'm just moving the data area, not the row containing my SUM() functions - that stays put. IOW, the SUM() function is in row 12, the data area extends from row 1 through ...

Excel page format changes

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

How can I change dollar sybbol to euro symbol?
If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "zwerver" <zwerver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1821DD41-E29A-4034-9A2E-9DCB5AB6B4BD@micros...

Running macros for different cells at the same time
Hi all, Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the sam time? If so how do I go about setting it up? Cheers Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the same > time? If so how do I go about setting it up? > > Cheers > > Michael > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes it is possible to run different m...

Charts and "global" changes
Hello all, I'm actually working in Microsoft Access97, which uses MSGraph 2000 for charting, so I thought this was really a "charting" question... not an Access question. I have an XY scatter chart (using just points... no X or Y error bars or lines) all laid out just fine, but I have a couple of questions that would make my work a lot easier. When the data first displayed on the chart, every data point had a different "style"... circles, triangles, x's, etc... I had to go into every one individually and change them to a black dot at size 3. Isn...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Outlook locks up all the time
This is a shot in the dark. Ever since getting my new Thinkpad with Windows XP, Outlook has never seemed to work properly. I've run diagnostics on my machine and nothing comes up as a problem. I've installed a spyware program because after talking to IBM tech support, they suggested I try that. I also talked to another support tech, who suggested I reinstall Windows completely. I'm not a real technical person. Won't a re-install wipe out my files? Most of the time that I use Outlook for my email, it slows down and eventually locks up. When I restart my computer,...

Publisher defaults
Is there a way to change the document defaults for (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I would like to have the zoom defaulted to 100% and they hyphenation defaulted to "off." Tools, language, hyphenation The Zoom cannot be defaulted. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Rebecca" <rebecca.bogorad@kpchr.org> wrote in message news:09a401c34d4e$a7fed730$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the document defaults for > (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I > would like to have the ...

How to change description on taskbar?
This may sound trivial, but we have about 25 companies set up in Great Plains, and sometimes I am in several of them at once. Is there a way to change the verbiage on the taskbar button so I can tell which "instance" is for each company? I've tried setting up new shortcuts, but that doesn't work. It appears that the words: "Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains" are hard-coded... is there a way to change these words? Have a look at Omni Tools from Winthrop http://www.winthropdc.com/products.html The Omni Notify module allows you to add the Company name...