changing columns in the select names dialog box

Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server.

1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the
"select columns" dialog box?

2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a column
to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have
removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to
appear again?

Many thanks.

Jeff

1) No.=20

2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure =
out. Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left =
side of the column you slid to the left. You should see a solid vertical =
line with two little arrows pointing right and left. (Don't click yet!) =
Now move the mouse pointer a few pixels toward the right. The pointer =
should change into a double vertical line with the two little arrows. At =
that point, click and drag right to uncover the hidden column.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"J Miller" <jmiller@*nospam*pcsdps.org> wrote in message =
> Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server.
>=20
> 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in =
the=20
> "select columns" dialog box?
>=20
> 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a =
column=20
> to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have=20
> removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the =
columns to=20
> appear again?
>=20
> Many thanks.
>=20
>=20
> Jeff=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
10/27/2006 8:09:36 PM
1) Any idea if this will ever become an option?

2) Well I'll be...I would have never noticed that!  Thanks!!

Jeff

1) No.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"J Miller" <jmiller@*nospam*pcsdps.org> wrote in message
> Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server.
>
> 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the
> "select columns" dialog box?
>
> 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a
> column
> to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have
> removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to
> appear again?
>
> Many thanks.
>

> Jeff

Re adding different columns, try right-clicking in one of the column
headings, and select FIELD CHOOSER - click and drag the column name to the
title bar in the position you want the new column to be.

You can also reposition the columns by left-clicking the column title and
dragging it to the position you want.  Be careful you don't drop it outside
the row the column names are on, or it will removed altogether.

:-)

> 1) Any idea if this will ever become an option?
>
> 2) Well I'll be...I would have never noticed that!  Thanks!!
>

> Jeff
>

> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> 1) No.
>
> 2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure out.
> Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left side of
> the column you slid to the left. You should see a solid vertical line with
> two little arrows pointing right and left. (Don't click yet!) Now move the
> mouse pointer a few pixels toward the right. The pointer should change
> into a double vertical line with the two little arrows. At that point,
> click and drag right to uncover the hidden column.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>   Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>     http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
>   and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> "J Miller" <jmiller@*nospam*pcsdps.org> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server.
>>
>> 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in
>> the
>> "select columns" dialog box?
>>
>> 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a
>> column
>> to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have
>> removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns
>> appear again?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>

>> Jeff

0
b1_1950 (10)
10/27/2006 10:33:29 PM
b1's instructions work for an Outlook table view, but they don't apply =
to the Select Names dialog box.

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"b1" <b1_1950@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> Re adding different columns, try right-clicking in one of the column=20
> headings, and select FIELD CHOOSER - click and drag the column name to =
the=20
> title bar in the position you want the new column to be.
>=20
> You can also reposition the columns by left-clicking the column title =
and=20
> dragging it to the position you want.  Be careful you don't drop it =
outside=20
> the row the column names are on, or it will removed altogether.

0
suemvp (4038)

Expand Abbreviations For State Names
I am looking for a macro that converts US Post Office abreviations for State Names into plain English. If one is available please advise. Thank you, Questor JLatham I pasted your user defined function as a Macro in my worksheet as follows … Sub ConvertFromUSPS() --> this is the name I gave the MACRO Function ReturnPostalRegion(Abbreviation _ As String) As String 'returns full postal region name given 'the standard 2-letter USPS abbreviation 'call with either a literal abbreviation 'or with a reference to a cell containing 'a recognize...

make a distribution list from a named category(in contact list)
I've created a category name from certain contacts...can I use that category name to directly create a distribution list? What happens now is when I'm adding to the dist. list, the contact list shows up, but the category "field" doesn't show up in the list, so its hard to remember which contact is in which category. Thanks -David If you are using categories, why be redundant and use a DL? Drag the category to your inbox and your distribution is set. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

join columns, keep both values
I have a multicolumn database with text entries. I want to join the cells in Col. B with the cells in Col.C and keep all the text. For instance, B3 may be "1N", C3 may be "4W". I want the combined column to read "1N 4W". How do I do this?!? TNX. -- FourPenny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ FourPenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23864 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375062 Try this: =B3&" "&C3 -->"1N 4W&q...

Resizing controls in a dialog
Hi there, I build an application with different dialogs which can be resized by the user. When this happens, I use OnSize to give new dimensions and positions to the controls in the dialog. I measure the window and put the controls to a special ratio of the whole screen; snippet: GetClientRect(&crClientRect); // complete window ...... cx = (iBorderHor * 4); cy = iBorderHor; sx = crClientRect.Height() - (crObject2Rect.Height() * 6); sy = (crClientRect.Width() / 4) - (iBorderHor); m_BrowseTree.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, cy, cx, sy, sx, 0); .... This ...

How do I change default font for all new comments in Office 2003?
I just installed Office 2003 and transfered excel files from the older version. The comments that I had created before I moved to 2003 look fine in the default font (Tahoma); however, when I try to insert a new comment, the same font (same size, same formatting) the text looks virtually unreadable. I changed font in some comments and they look much better, but it is extremely inefficient to try to change font in every new comment I insert, so I thought maybe there is a way to do it on a default basis. Or maybe I somehow could change something to make Tahoma appear readable. Please, assi...

Idetnifying repeats in a column
Can anyone help? If I have a column of 10 digit numbers, is there a function which can identify when a number is repeated e.g. A B 1 Number Repeat? 2 1234567890 Yes 3 2345678901 No 4 3456789012 No 5 1234567890 Yes 6 4567890123 No So I need a function entered in column B which searches down the entire column A to look for an identical number and if it finds one, it puts ...

How to select nodes where text is not empty?

dropdownlist two columns
Hi, I want a dropdown list that refers to two (hidden) columns. Column being an ID-number, column B being the description. Eventually I need the ID-number in the cell with the dropdownlist, bu the user needs the description to decide. Via Data-Validation I can only refer to one column. or not? thanks, spoef -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html look for Data Validation "Columns" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I want a dropdown list that refers to two (hidden) columns....

His Name is "LORD Almighty" not god! Look for urself
Open our eyes and ears Jesus Christ is Lord ...

Insuficient Key Column Information
Hi, When I try create a new button on my POS touch screen SO Manager (version 2.0) returns an error message "Insuficient Key Column Information" and refuses to allow a new button to be created. Can anyone interpret this message for me and let me know how to fix it so I can create a new button. The new button is a standard button, not a custom one. I just want to put the reprint button on my custom buttons menu. Thanks Dan Levin ...

reset contact names display in outlook reading pane
Over time, due to inefficiencies on my part as well some company changes have made the name display in the reading pane and other places quite messy. For example, my company renamed a division so people who were once Smith, John (north division) are now Smith, John (professional division) and those I accidentally accepted from incoming emails as Mary Jones for the display, I would prefer to display as Jones, Mary. I may have compounded the problem because I do use the contacts as my default due to the fact I have many external customers and our company is extremely la...

dimmed text colour changes in poerpoint viewer
The grey dimmed colour changes to pale green on powerpoint viewer when dimmed. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I haven't heard of that before. Can you give us some more details so we can try to recreate the problem? What version are you using? What version is the Viewer? What file type are you saving as? What is the exact animation? What colour scheme/Theme are you using? Is the text colour following the scheme/theme or has it been directly formatted? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Yatko&...

Naming a Chart
Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states that naming an object requires selecting the object (such as a chart), typing the new name in the Name Box, and pressing Enter. This does work for a shape but not a chart. When I select a chart and attempt to enter anything in the Name Box, any entry is not enabled and therefore nothing happens. How can I assign a name to a chart??? Hold the Shift key (or the Ctrl key), and click on the chart to select it. Then, type a name in the Name Box, and press the Enter key. William Bartusek wrote: > Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states tha...

CRM Cluster Nodes cannot reference virtual name
We have an installation with CRM two clustered nodes using Windows 2003 NLB Nodes: CRM01, CRM02 Virtual Name: CRM Apart from standard CRM implementation, we use CRM assemblies, both for workflows but also for pre/post-callouts Users PC's can access the system using http://crm:5000 (the virtual name) and NLB correctly balances the load between the two nodes The problems start when trying to access CRM from the web server nodes. Using http://crm01:5000 works without requiring username/password (integrated authentication) Using http://crm02:5000 works as above Using http://crm:5000 works giv...

How to change the view at "View Duplicates" form?
Please help on how to change the view at "View Duplicates" form? we want to add more columns on this view. But I cannot find this view at SavedQueryBase table. Thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

Last Name, First Name extract
Column A has names in it. The format is Last Name, Space First Name. How do I extract the names so they appear in the same column or another column in this format. First Name space Last Name. Thank You in advance. Tony If exactly as described =MID(A1,FIND(", ",A1)+2,99)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(", ",A1)-1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB9787B-25FC-4DD4-97B3-F77746E34E3E@microsoft.com... > Column A has names in it. The format is Last Name, Space First Name. How do I > extract the...

Using a named range in a chart
Can a named range be used in a chart for one of the series? I have tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. For instance, i have a name _Date_rng defined (using Insert...Name...Define) as "data!$A$2:$A$60". In a chart (XY scatterplot), for one series, i define the X values as _Date_rng. Excel formats this as ={"_Date_rng"}. However, the chart is now blank, it draws with the axes, but no data is plotted. But, when i put the range directly in the chart "Source Data...Series" tab as "data!$A$2:$A$60", it plots the data correctly. So, is it po...

How to correctly use the SELECT DISTINCT predicate in MS Access?
I am getting syntax errors when trying to use the SELECT DISTINCT predicate in my query. Has anyone had any success getting this to work properly, and if so, what is the correct syntax. I have tried to work with this for three days now and have had no success in using this. Any help would be appreciated. I use it quite frequently when I don't have a lookup table for some aspect of an application or database. A little better explaination of what you are trying to do would help. Maybe include the SQL statement along with a description of your table structure look like. What fie...

Comment box
When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way t get rid of this so that the box is completely empty -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi tghcogo! Tools > Options > General Delete the existing User Name, and type a new entry OK Be aware that this is an Office setting and will impact upon other Office programs. You might want to change it back before exiting Excel. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "tghcogo >" <<tghcogo.18puzz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

Mail Header file with local machine name
We are using exchange 2003 with smart hosts enabled. We are having a problem with some mail servers not accepting our email because they are looking at the header file and seeing that the mail is coming from servername.domain.local. Of course that isn't the FQDN. How do I change that in exchange 2003 or do I have to change the computer name. I don't want to have to change the computer name. I think the remote servers are doing a reverse lookup on the IP address of your mail server - just make`sure the public ip has a ptr record to a fqdn. "josh" <josh@discussion...

I need to change the owner of a task from "unknown" to my name
I want to change the "owner" of a task from "unknown" to my name. I am the only user on this PC. "Manuel Roman" wrote: > I want to change the "owner" of a task from "unknown" to my name. > I am the only user on this PC. sorry, new to this... I don't have an answer, but am thrilled to find your question. have spent hours trying to figure this out & no luck so far. please respond if you have found it. "Manuel Roman" wrote: > I want to change the "owner" of a task from "unknown" to my ...

Employees who change passwords on my system?
How do I get my passwords set so eployee's quit hacking my site? From: UncIe Fester Cryptic Illusions wrote: > How do I get my passwords set so eployee's quit hacking my site? > > > > > > > > From: UncIe Fester Dear UncIe Fester, Have the 'eployees' come into the office and then cut their hands off. If they were physically present, they'd be 'inployees' and you'd have more granular control over their actions. MowGreen ================ * -343-* FDNY Never Forgotten ================ bant...

when i select dont update I get #REF!
When I select dont update sheet, previous version should my figures. With 2k3 figure change to #REF! I'm puzzled, how do i prevent this from happening? xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors. Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Maybe it'll work ok for you. mmollat wrote: > > When I select dont update sheet, previous...

Changing Customer address ID
We need to update Customer Addresses ID(Cards >> Sales >>Addresses). We have searched for tool in Professional Tool Library. This option is also not available in CRG Changer. Is there any tool available to change the customer address IDs? We are planning to write scripts to update data in case no tool is available We use address ID in extender and SOP orders. We are all planning to update data in SOP tables (Open, Work, and Historical) and tables storing extender data. Is there any other place we need to update? Jove, I wrote a query a while a back that would allow you to find...

Change items from Services to Flat Fees
"A user entered items as item type of Services instead of Flat Fees. Do these items need to be deleted and re-entered or can these just be changed in the table? [IV00101.ITEMTYPE to 6]" this is the problem: These item classes were set us to be Flat Fee, but when the items were entered they were changed to Services. It was decided (as far as I know) that these items should be Flat Fee but we can't change items from Services to Flat Fee once saved- so instead of having user delete and re-enter all the items, I was hoping I could just change one field in the tables. ...