changing all email column names at once

I've been using outlook for about 2 months and I like to have the e-mail
account name as one of the columns. Unfortunately I have a ton of folders and
it looks to me like I have to change each folder individually. Is this true?

Thanks
0
CDog1 (3)

Try making a new View that you then apply to each folder.

--
Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting

When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if
applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also
include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details.
Be sure to put a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and
the full details in the body of your post.

see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity:
www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps

www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm
"C-Dog" <CDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been using outlook for about 2 months and I like to have the e-mail
> account name as one of the columns. Unfortunately I have a ton of folders
and
> it looks to me like I have to change each folder individually. Is this
true?

> Thanks

0
judy (62)

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?
I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen You mean Checkboxes? You can use a helper cell: =if(a1=true,"Yes","No") Then hide that linkedcell (if you want). Gldenboy2 wrote: > > I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it > returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that > it returns Yes for checked and No for un...

Reply To CRM emails not capture
Ok here's the scenario Step A - send out an email using SFO's CRM email - recipient gets email message - CRM creates email activity in History Step B - recipient sends back a reply from message - email comes into SFO/inbox (yes GUID number is in subject line) - CRM creates email activity in History Step C - send back a reply to recipient using "reply" in Outlook (it works if I go into CRM, serach for activity and use reply in web pages) - email is sent to recipient - NO activity is created (even though message threat was created originally in CRM and it still has trackin...

How to change The height of the Split Window in a frame?
Hi: Every one, I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, Now i want to hide one of them, Or change the height of the window to 0, How to do,? Thanks Hi Jerry, Check SetRowInfo() and RecalcLayout() Normand "Jerry" <tghu@163.net> a �crit dans le message de news: eCW9GVIoEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: > Every one, > I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, > Now i want to hide one of them, > Or change the height of the window to 0, > How to do,? > Thanks > > > ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

How to add Yahoo Email POP?
Dear All, I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN. I would like to add Yahoo POP email account? I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help. But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors. Pls help. CONFIGURATION =========== POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client ============================= Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages? If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and a new outgoing (SMTP) mail server. Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

Windows Explorer Columns
Hi, The 'Date Modified' column doesn't appear on any of my folders. I add it, and when i browse away from that folder and return to it, it's disappeared again. How do i get every folder to show that column by default? Thanks, Albert A known Vista annoyance, already solved in Windows7. There're several solutions invlving Registry edit which sets your Template for a specific filetype to what you want, not to MS default - if you Google or Bing for it it should showuo in search results. Sorry I don't have exact URL at hand. it i I know it's f...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Code to read email from Outlook
Anyone have code to read incoming email messages from ONE email address, or experience with the functionality in Access2007 to do this process. I have an upcoming project that will require this and I haven't looked into this area. Example: emails that are sent to support@blah.com are added to a table in the database (everytime the user presses a button or a timer starts a process). The "body" of the email goes into one field and the "from" email address goes into another field. Thanks, Mark ...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Track Changes Query
Hi I wonder if someone could help me please with a problem that's been baffling for a few weeks now. I am trying to create a query, which in turn feeds a report, that shows tracked changes. I have previously posted on this forum and got some great advice that's really helped me along but I'm really struggling with the query to extract the data. I am relatively new to Access in particular VBA but I am willing to learn. What I would like to do is to use a date parameter to extract those fields with an updated time stamp within a given time period, which in turn I can sho...

Incrementing named cells
Merry Christmas everyone!!! Was wondering if any of you can help me with this. I have a financial model that currently has numerous named cells in the format of XXX_03 ( the 03 is to denote 2003 ) but I am making 2004 projection and therefore am wondering if there was an easy way to sort of copy and paste the names into a new column and automically renaming cells by an increment of 1 to XXX_04. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you Justin See one answer 1 minute later -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Justin" <jsim_hba2003@hot...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

Change size of name box
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to change the size of the name box ? And how do you do it = ? Some of my range's names are to long to fit in the actual name box. Thanks in Advance, and may all of you have a healthy 2004 Gilbert ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HT...

changed time and date and messed up appointments
Hi I recently went to UK from Australia, then to italy, I must have changed the time zones, and now my appointments are all over the place, Is there a way of getting them back to original times and dates. for the future is there a better way of handling time zones. i also use a pocket pc where i probably changed zones as well. thanks tim See the following MSKB article for a workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197480 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mes...

New Email addresses
I am looking for a way to change all of my users email addresses to use one standard naming convention. Currently we have a wide mix of formats. I would like to settle on firstname.lastname@domain.com Is there a tool or utility that I can use to force a change and make the new ones the default address as well as keeping the original address. thanks LDIFDE will do this. You could also add the new address to your recipient policy and force it to run, but that might have side effects you don't like. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!...

Row/column grid lines
Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column Cheers Stuart. Hi Stuart, You need to use a fill color. Format>cells>pattern, pick the color closest to the background color. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD88DAF-4CDD-4D04-8E9E-A50D9A319672@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column. > > Cheers Stuart. Stuart, You can't remove the grid lines from a single row or column. Grid lin...

Cannot get email users email to go to isp email. It goes to exchange server instead.
We are using SBS2003 with EXCH2003. We have branch offices. If I put the branch office in SBS2003 as a user and send an email to the user (i.e. user@user.com) it ends up on the server and never gets sent to the branch office user. I'm using the pop3 connector to connect to our mail provider to send and receive mail. I was wondering if there's a way to bypass the server and have the email go directly to the user at our providers server. The reason why I put the branch office user on the server so that we can have the user in our Global Access List when do a mass email. Please advise. ...

Duplicate email from POP3
We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently, one of the employees receives the same email twiceat the same time. Are there guide line for trouble shooting? Open Received: headers of those messages and compare times. Hop, after times start to differ, will be the one that duplicated message. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the > POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently,...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i.
I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on same spreadsheet. Can anyone help? Spent way to long trying to figure out correct formula. =A30*80% assuming totals in A30 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect Landscaping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ACF893B-54DF-4EE4-A931-3BB5FA365821@microsoft.com... > I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 2...

Disable Fax choice in Email
When I compose and email I like to just type the persons name and move on. If it is an infrequent contact and I have a Fax number for them Outlook asks if I want to use that or the email. Is there a way to disable the fax choice when sending emails? Jeff I think if you add alphabetic characters to their fax number (like FAX) it'll remove it as a choice "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message news:1126803312.620431.139920@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I compose and email I like to just type the persons name and move > on. > If it is ...

Some emails do not pop from my gmail account
I am using Total Access Emailer to send email messages. It uses a local smtp server on my computer. I am sending test messages to my gmail accounts, some of the mails are then being pop'd to my outlook 2007, but others are not. For example, I sent 3 examples of one mail & report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, and all 3 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of another report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, only 1 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of the third report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, non pop'd to o...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...