Change the order in which Internet email accounts are checked

Hi all,

The closest thing I can find in the help file says:

In the Address Book, click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts.

Click the Directory Service tab.

Click Set Order.

Click a directory service, and then click Move Up or Move Down.

Seems simple enough, except that I want to change the order in which MAIL
accounts are checked (I don't even know what these "directory services" are)
and the "Set Order" button always seems to be grayed out when I click the
"Mail" tab. Any suggestions?

Outlook 2000, on Win98.

Thanks,
John Nasta

0
email7442 (8)

Responding to my own post....

I'd still like to know if there is a way to do this, but it seems like I
have my problem solved for the interim. I have a couple of forwarding
addresses, and of course Outlook attempts to reply on the account in which
the message was received. It was checking an account that I rarely use
first, and I constantly had to click "Options" and then change the account
before sending. I circumvented the problem by un-checking the "include this
account when checking mail or synchronizing" tab on the forwarding addresses
so that my mail will be checked via the main account.

Still, if anybody knows how to change the order, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,
John Nasta

"John Nasta" <email@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> The closest thing I can find in the help file says:
>
> In the Address Book, click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts.
>
> Click the Directory Service tab.
>
> Click Set Order.
>
> Click a directory service, and then click Move Up or Move Down.
>
> Seems simple enough, except that I want to change the order in which MAIL
> accounts are checked (I don't even know what these "directory services"
are)
> and the "Set Order" button always seems to be grayed out when I click the
> "Mail" tab. Any suggestions?
>
> Outlook 2000, on Win98.
>
> Thanks,
> John Nasta

0
email7442 (8)

Junk Mail Filter
Environment: WinXP, Outlook 2003, both SP2/fully patched. Symptom: Some messages are incorrectly identified as Junk, even after both the Sender and the Sender's Domain have been added to the Safe Sender's list. This is verified by reviewing the Safe Senders list. The entries are not on the Blocked Senders list. One is an English language message from Germany. The ..DE domain is permitted, and confirmed on the International tab of Junk E-mail options. The protection level option is set to, Low. One of the messages is a Microsoft newsletter... Questions: 1. Why? 2. What...

modfied EFT payables check
Hello: In version 8.0, does the issue with having to use the modified EFT check to print for EFT checks and regular payables checks for EFTs and checks that print in one batch still happen? (I know this was an issue in 7.5 ,but I want to know if the issue is still there in 8.0). I know that if you have both a modified check and modified EFT check that you have to give security access to both. And, I know that if you modify one it modifies the other. But, when setting up EFT, do you have to even have a modified EFT check if you have a modified payables check? Can you just have EFT ...

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

Send an email until all steps done
To complete an order, I need to code the following steps one by one. 1) update order table, tOrder 2) update customer order history table, tCustomer 3) update shipment table, tShip 4) send an confirfation email The problem is sometime due to unknown reason, after step 2), program can not finish step 3) and 4). Since tOrder and tCustomer table was updated, how to back to their data before update? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1 On Feb 3, 3:05=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uw...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

how to route messages using the internet and not the VPN c
Hi, we are currently in the process of evaluating exchange 2003 in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each office, so each office also had it's own MX record no problem that way..BUT now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is the US is holding the Primary dns MX record for the company the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are located in. when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail server, it's routing itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn connection, becasu...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

Sorting Colums into alphabetical order
I'm trying to sort 50 columns into alphabetical order. The first column contains a name and each column has a formula, How do I arrange the columns into order and make sure all the info in the columns moves with the names? TIA tox Save first--just in case this doesn't work! If you select your range (last row of headers plus all the rows of details) and all the columns in the range you want sorted, then excel should handle it nicely. Sometimes you can get lucky and excel will guess the correct range to sort. I've always felt better by selecting my range first and not letting ...

Send a personal email to a group of people
I am using the trial version of Send Personally (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/) with Outlook. Is there a freeware alternatiev for this? Thanks Mail merge with Word can send personal messages to several selected contacts. Z -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:41610591$0$118$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am using the trial version of Send Personally &...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

out of office to internet
We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out of office responses for internet from System Manager. any idea is appreciated.. In ESM, under Global Settings/Internet Message Formats. kazi wrote: > We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out > of office responses for internet from System Manager. > > any idea is appreciated.. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQ...

paying purchase orders with credit cards
I think it would be great to have the ability to pay for a purchase order purchase with a credit card upon the entry of the invoice. This would be whether doing a shipment/invoice receipt or enter/match invoices. Without this functionality, the best suggestion I can give a customer is to enter/match the invoice and then enter a manual payment of a credit card type and apply the payment to the invoice. It is a two-step process that could be consolidated into one with the addition of this feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

Mapping Associated Entities when Converting a Lead to an Account
I have a Lead record that, over time, has had one or more items from a custom entity (Many-to-1 relationship) associated with it. (This is somewhat akin to multiple Contacts associated to a single Account record.) When I convert the Lead to an Account, I would like those associated records to also be associated with the newly-created Account record. Is this possible? Something similar is happening when creating a quote from an Opportunity. In this situation, the associated product items are associated with the new quote. So, I'm hoping that it can be done in other situations....

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Stop delivery from an account
How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain from being delivered to someone inside our domain? An employee who is currently suspended has been communicating with someone inside our organization and I'm concerned what may go out. What version of Exchange? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Chris Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OkKkTBAAGHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain fr...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

Why are checks printing incorrect amounts? Please help.
When I print a Payables check batch, several invoices within the batch are printing incorrectly as $0.00 amount, even though it should be paying off a certain amount. The problem seems to be with invoices that are applied to credit memos. Say I have an invoice for $500 and I apply a credit memo of $80 to the invoice, when I go back to pay the invoice, it should pay $420, but instead it shows $0.00 under amount paid column of check stub. Does anyone know why this is occuring? By the way, I am using MICR check printing. ...

How to enable 'Fulfillment Order / Invoice' Setup in SOP Setup
Hi All Any one can help me How to enable 'Fulfillment Order / Invoice' Setup in SOP Setup (GP10 SP3). In the SOP setup window Sales Document Setup button show only this Quote Order Back Order Invoice Return But I checked in the Fabrikam Company SOP Setup window Sales Document Setup button shows Quote Order Back Order Fulfillment Order/Invoice Return Nizham ...

Stationery in email as attachment
Please help. Whenever I try to send an email using stationery, the mail goes thru as a jpeg attachment and there is no stationery visible. I have gone thru email options, setting html and choosing send pictures with email. . . nothing seems to work. Can you assist? Thank you. Hi Carol, Does this problem happen with email sent to just a few people, or everyone? Mail received by a non-HTML client will receive the background as an attachment that appears in the middle of your message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 195468.KB.EN-US OL2000: Working wi...