Change the default Charset

Hello,

Outlook is defaulting to iso-8859-1 as a default character set. Is it
possible to change this to US-ASCII?

Also, I don't know if it is related, but I have trying to send some
javascript in my signature (corny I know) and it looks fine in the preview,
but never works once the email has arrived at a client (either internally or
externally). The message is in HTML format.

Cheers

0
cqmman (14)

What version of Outlook are you using?  Have you tried resetting the
language under tools->options->Mail format->fonts->international?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

CQMMAN <cqmman@yahoo.co.uk> asked:

| Hello,
|
| Outlook is defaulting to iso-8859-1 as a default character set. Is it
| possible to change this to US-ASCII?
|
| Also, I don't know if it is related, but I have trying to send some
| javascript in my signature (corny I know) and it looks fine in the
| preview, but never works once the email has arrived at a client
| (either internally or externally). The message is in HTML format.
|
| Cheers

0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/1/2003 12:40:41 AM
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> What version of Outlook are you using?  Have you tried resetting the
> language under tools->options->Mail format->fonts->international?
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook 2000 SR-1. Yep. Looked at that. Western European is the only one
that looks close, but that is different from US-ASCII I presume?

Cheers

0
cqmman (14)

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility
I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document (compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems to be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever is blocking me from using many functions? tools/protection/unprotect sheet "Me" wrote: > I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by > other people. One of them chan...

how do I set default font size in Excel comments?
as title - I want deafult font size to be 12 not 8. I am on XP SP1 / Excel2003, but right click / set auto defaults does nothing; in help, about comments shows nothing; troubleshoot comments shows nothing; other help unhelpful. To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font use...

finding the results of changing 4 variables
Hi, I'm working on a 10 year financial forecasting model for an investment fund. The end result is to calculate the IRR. There are 4 variable inputs I would like to change, and observe how the IRR changes as those inputs change. In other words, I would like to play with changing two different fees, the fund size, and the expected return, and see how changing those impacts the IRR. Is there a way to do this on one sheet without manually changing all these inputs? I think Scenario or Data Tables might do it, but I'm not sure. Thank you. You might try this template...

Paste links, changed filename
I have created 3 exel 97 Files. Each File has approx 30 sheets. One of them is a source file. The other 2 use file1 data using paste link(paste special). At some stage I have changed the names of the files and now when I open them it asks the usual question " do you want to update linked information", Iclick "yes" ~ then the computer wants me to select the source file. Before, it just started straight into the file I wanted ~ how can i resolve this( with as little effort as possible)? Try hitting no, then do Edit / Links / Change Source, save the workbook and hopef...

"Change Credit Details" button does not appear
I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the "Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' settings. In microsoft.public.money, mar11974 wrote: >I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the >"Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' >settings. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281109/en-us helps. I've no idea if it helped the original poster, but it seems I have the same issue, and it didn't help me. I'm ...

Track changes in Opportunities in History??
We are getting ready to implement CRM(for the second time), and we want to make sure that we can track changes in an opportunity in the history. I figure that SQL tracks these changes, and we want a tab that will show us who made changes and when. Sounds like you need an audit log created for opportunity. You can use a postcallout to achieve it if you like to write code, otherwise there's 3rd party tool for audit log like c360. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 11:06 am, rhalljr <spam2005acco...@yahoo.com> wrote: > We are getting ready to implement C...

Change height of row
Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a way to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up with a pre-printed form. Hi i think the limit is 1 pixel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam MacT" <Pam MacT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CCAE9073-80C5-47B1-B103-7834241AF34B@microsoft.com... > Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a > way > to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up > with a pre-printed form. ...

Changing Resource and fields on a subform
I have a subform with fields on it that are present when i first open the form. But when I click on a status button, I'd like the subform to change the fields that are present. For instance when i first open the fields are formid, lastname, firstname, subject, date, range But when i click on formstatus button, i'd like the fields to show: formid, subject, range, product I know how to use recordsource to change the recordsource, but then the fields that I am not using show up as #name? How do I get the subform to change field names so that the fields I am not using, doesn't show ...

How do you change the default folder
How do you change the default folder of where Outlook saves attachments from the temp folder to the users My documents? Melinda ...

Estimating Savings When The Interest Rate Changes Based Upon Savings Amount
I want to design a spreadsheet where I can enter in my estimated savings per year, and it will output my estimated returns, at current interest rates, at the age of 65. The issue arises because the interest rate changes at various savings levels. The details are: $0 - $50000, r=.01 $50001 - $100000, r=.015 $100001 - $125000, r = .0228 $125001 - $150000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .01 $150001 - $200000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .015 $200001 - $225000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .0228 $225001 - $250000, r for t...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Changing name from Arabic to English
I, m registering all new recruitment employees so always I'm writing the employee name by Arabic and English. So there is any code to change automatically the person name for Arabic to English ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

How do you turn off "Save a copy/Overwrite changes" dialog box
Hello Guys, I have created a (password to open) workbook using Excel 2003 SP1 on a shared network drive which when I try to save by using Ctrl S or clicking the Save icon gives me an irritating dialog box which asks: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do?" -Save a copy -Overwrite changes Please can someone tell me how to deactivate this annoying dialog box as I have been unsuccesful so far in my efforts :confused: Many thanks in advance Nick -- Nicko -----------------------------...

Detecting changes on form
Hi I have a form which has several sub forms. I need to check when anything on a form is changed including on any of the sub forms. Would it be enough to check the AfetrUpdate of the main form or do I need to check AfterUpdate of each sub form too, or do something else? Many Thanks Regards Why would you use the AfterUpdate Event to detect change (in data)??? I think the more appropriate Event would be the Form_Dirty Event and you need to use the Dirty Event of the main Form (for changes on the main Form) and the Subform (for changes in the Subform). -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Change sheet number in formula
Is there a way to do the following. I have a sheet with a formula that reference to another sheet. I need to pull a number from the same cell in every sheet. I want to do a summary of some sheets using the formula... =+'Sheet1'!A1 =+'Sheet2'!A1 Instead of hard coding the sheet number in the above formula, is there a way to reference a sheet number from another cell.?? ie Cell A1 = Sheet1" Cell A2 = "Sheet2" Then have another cell that pulls from A1 =+'CellA1'!A1 Very difficult to explain.... hope that made some sense... Thanks ** Post...

change the size of Font for reading incoming mail
hi, buddies. I'd like to change the Font with incoming email in my outlook2003. my operation is in the following. click options on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Setup tab, click Fonts. So I change the Font in this items:"When composing and reading plain text" but I can't find the font to take any change when I read incoming email. What my question is how I can change the Font size in the incoming email. thanks is the incoming mail plain text and the change isn't working or is the incoming mail html? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Default numeric value
I am creating a spreadsheet dealing with dollars. There are several formulas that I have created using percentages. One particular formula multiplies a percent in one cell by the $ value in another. If I have no $ value in the cell the formula uses a '1' instead of what I would expect '0'. How can I set up my sheet so that if a cell is blank the default value will be '0'? Would help to see your formula, but: =if(isblank(a1),"",a1*b1) ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "thomson" <thomson@discussions.microsof...

Need help changing cell value when another value changes
I have this code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = ("$D$5") Then If Range("$Q$9").Value <> "CA" Then Range("$N$32").Value = "Out of State" Else: Range("$N$32").Value = "In-State" End If End If End Sub I want the value in cell N32 to change based on what I have in cell Q when I enter data into cell D5 and press enter. It only works after I click on cell D5 (after changing d5 and pressin enter) What am i missing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You ...

Permission for account change
Dear Friends I have my domain as abc.com I have another domain xyz.com for which i have created a separate account for the users so that they can send the email with both the domain by using from filed. i have one user user1 who is facing problem i have created userxyz for with the default email address of xyz.com domain but i am facing strange problem as the permission of sending email is reseting. Kindly suggest what can be the problem. best regards Niitmalad What version of Exchange and how/where exactly it is resetting? Niitmalad wrote: > Dear Friends > > I have...

Edit Find defaults to rows
Hi, Am looking for a way to change the default Edit-Find by rows and formulas to bu columns and values. Help text advises that columnar searches are more efficient; there MUST be a way to select that as default. Help, please. TIA Ken. Put this in the workbook_open event of your personal.xls: Private Sub Workbook_Open() On Error Resume Next n = Cells.Find("XYZ", searchorder:=xlByColumns).Row End Sub It will find nothing, but it will "set" the default finds to search by columns. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Ken Schmidt" <kenschm@cs.com> wr...

How do I change mailbox owner in AD?
How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? T. The mailbox is linked to the user account. You can grant an additional user(s) "owner" access by granting Full Mailbox access on the Exchange Advanced Tab of the user properties. Glen "Thomas Houseman" <thomashouseman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZwMptUxEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? > > T. > > Verify that you have mailbox retention enabled. ( right-click mailbox store/properties/limits). This is extremely Important! ...

Icons changed in Favorites since update
Just updated windows latest update - and now the icons in my favorites have changed to a "square with a star" - at least 80% are like this - what happened. Thanks for anyhelp ...

Problem changing user password
Sbs2003 with updated service packs. I am the administrator, and am having problems changing my personal user password. Attempting to change password using Server management gives the following error from active directory. =93windows cannot complete the password change for =93user name=94 because: Access is denied. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... What happens if you try to change it from the ctrl+alt+del interface? <emptybottlechicago@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b7a26a5e-671d-4735-9648-1e298c5c0cfd@o8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > S...