Change reply-to address in outlook 2003 exchange cllient

How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in
outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a client to
an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile.

Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client?

Thx
John

0
lenz4 (6)

John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote:

> How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in
> outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a
> client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile.
>
> Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client?

You set it in Active Directory.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

John

> John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in
>> outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a
>> client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile.
>>
>> Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client?
>
> You set it in Active Directory.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
lenz4 (6)
12/12/2007 2:27:33 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I went to the AD entry for this account and added a
SMTP E-mail Address (tab) for lenz4@mindspring.com. Applied it and set as
primary. However, it still goes out with the internal exchange reply-to.
When I re-open the AD account, I see the SMTP address for the exchange
address is restored as primary.

How do I set the ISP address as primary and have it stick?

Thx

> John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in
>> outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a
>> client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile.
>>
>> Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client?
>
> You set it in Active Directory.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
lenz4 (6)
12/12/2007 4:42:07 PM
John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I went to the AD entry for this account and
> added a SMTP E-mail Address (tab) for lenz4@mindspring.com. Applied
> it and set as primary. However, it still goes out with the internal
> exchange reply-to. When I re-open the AD account, I see the SMTP
> address for the exchange address is restored as primary.
>
> How do I set the ISP address as primary and have it stick?

I'd ask in microsoft.public.exchange.admin
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

"John Lenz" <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Brian,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I went to the AD entry for this account and added a
> SMTP E-mail Address (tab) for lenz4@mindspring.com. Applied it and set as
> primary. However, it still goes out with the internal exchange reply-to.
> When I re-open the AD account, I see the SMTP address for the exchange
> address is restored as primary.
>
> How do I set the ISP address as primary and have it stick?
>
> Thx
>
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >> How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in
> >> outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a
> >> client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile.
> >>
> >> Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client?
> >
> > You set it in Active Directory.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
hhh6225 (363)
12/12/2007 7:16:53 PM
Solve one - create another

This worked to set the reply address to my ISP of lenz4@mindspring.com.

However, I get eMail from mindspring (AKA EarthLink) via the SMTP connector
in exchange. When I set the reply address to mindspring as primary and
cleared the check box, I stopped receiving any incoming mail from EarthLink.
I verified this by a 2 part test of a send to my mindspring account. On - no
mail, off - get mail.

Any thoughts as to where to go on this would be appreciated.

Thx

John
"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> On the "E-mail Addressees" tab in Active Directory, uncheck the
> "Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy" checkbox.
> This adjusts the primary address in response to your recipient policy
> which
> usually is to use the "Alias" field on the Exchange General tab.  With it
> unchecked, you can set the address you want as primary and have the
> setting
> "stick".
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "John Lenz" <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Brian,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. I went to the AD entry for this account and added a
>> SMTP E-mail Address (tab) for lenz4@mindspring.com. Applied it and set as
>> primary. However, it still goes out with the internal exchange reply-to.
>> When I re-open the AD account, I see the SMTP address for the exchange
>> address is restored as primary.
>>
>> How do I set the ISP address as primary and have it stick?
>>
>> Thx
>>
>> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > You set it in Active Directory.
>> > --
>> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
lenz4 (6)

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Address book updating...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

New Disk storage

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Exchange update problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Automatic Email Reply
I am going out of town and would like to have an automatic email replied to all emails that are sent to me. I know this can be done, but I just can not remember how to do it. Basically what it is, is when an email comes into my address my outlook will automatically send them an email back saying what ever I want it to. Can anyone help me????????????? Thank you What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com...

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph