Change Reading Pane and Arrange by Groups DEFAULT

I'm frequently creating new folders in OL2003 SP2, and each new folder is -
by default - created with Reading Pane turned on, and Arrange by Groups
turned on.

I don't want either.  Is there some way for me to change the default so I
don't have to manualy change it every time?

customize the default view - http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"T. Wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm frequently creating new folders in OL2003 SP2, and each new folder
> is - by default - created with Reading Pane turned on, and Arrange by
> Groups turned on.
>
> I don't want either.  Is there some way for me to change the default so I
> don't have to manualy change it every time?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Not able to send to group email
I am tryin to send an email to a certain group account but I receive the error message "Article rejected! There are no subscribers to the list. (Users.lst file yet to be created.)". I have never seen this before, please help Trina <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am tryin to send an email to a certain group account > but I receive the error message "Article rejected! There > are no subscribers to the list. (Users.lst file yet to be > created.)". I have never seen this before, please help What is your definition of a "group"?...

Request a read receipt
Message Options: "Request a read receipt for this message" How this feature works? Does it only works with Exchange Server or can use it with my Hotmail account and request a read receipt from a AOL account? I ran a test and didn't work. Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's pretty sketchy with other clients. Obviously it works best wit other Outlook users. I don't think I've ever seen it work when sent t an...

file can not be open, read or write in visual studio 2005
I am trying to transfer my visual c++ 6 to visual studio 2005. every thing seems fine, but I can not open,read and write any file in my program. they are either not avaliable or unaccessible. Please, Save me! Haowei Song Can you be more specific? Are you getting compile errors, or runtime errors (specific codes/output)? -- http://www.peterRitchie.com/ Microsoft MVP, Visual Development - C# "Songhw@gmail.com" wrote: > I am trying to transfer my visual c++ 6 to visual studio 2005. every > thing seems fine, but I can not open,read and write any file in my > program. th...

Excel change case add in
Ever found difficult to change case of text in Microsoft Excel, just try this free, easy to use, add in http://exceltemplates.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsoft-excel-change-case.html You can change case to lower, upper and proper case. Hmmm... It doesn't look like you fixed any of the bugs in your add-in that I posted in http://tinyurl.com/2vpfzm http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/msg/5592293bc0 7a6818 In article <1192184033.054817.254560@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, "Mr.Cricket" <prabhuraaman@gmail.com> wrote: > Ever found diff...

Change Encoding when Reading a message, viewing picture inside the message
Hi, Until recently I've been using Outlook Express, however, I now have PDA and would like to synch everything with my PC. ActiveSynch does no support Outlook express, so - I am trying to convert to Outlook now Here are two things that I can get over with: 1. In Outlook express when reading a message, and it doesnot appea correctly - I could go to View/Encoding and select the right encodin for this message. With Outlook - this has moved to Format, and i DISABLED. So - the question is - how to change the encoding? 2. With Outlook Express, If someone sends me pictures as attachment, co...

Change regarding fields
Is it possible to change a regarding field after it has been assigned to an email? I have tried to do this but with no luck. Only way to do this is as follows: Create 2 manual rules using workflow manager. 1st one to change the email activity status to open and another one to close the email. Use the open one first, change the regarding then use the close manual rule. "Kevin Wilson" wrote: > Is it possible to change a regarding field after it has been assigned to an > email? > I have tried to do this but with no luck. > > > ------=_NextPart_0001_2BD69...

Change Date Format in Excel 2002 Footers
is there a way to automatically set up a workbook so that all worksheets ahve a date footer "DD MMMM, YY" rather than the current default "DD/MM/YY". I am aware of KB article 213742 and have created a work around. However I am looking for a more automatic process that will also cover inserted worksheets. Thanks Barry S Barry, You could try this code in the ThisWorkbbok code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "dd mmmm, yy") End With End Sub This will apply to...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ? #4
wiyh regards to Andys solution above, how does tis work exactly? is i positive;negative;blank in the fields? i.e. General;General;"Non Planned" would put general if positive or negative values in the cel and none planned if the cell is blank? just trying to work out how it works -- neowo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27412 The format sections are for, Positive ; Negative ; Zero ; ...

Query Groups in Exchange 2003
Hi Folks, I have just been watching a Webcast from Microsoft on Exchange Server 2k3 and i have a question with regards to the new feature Query Groups. Is a Query group a distribution group? Can users see the Query group and mail it thorugh Outlook? Thanks for your help Regards Neil More info: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822897 On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:01:06 -0700, "Mr P" <Mr P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Folks, > >I have just been watching a Webcast from Microsoft on Exchange Server 2k3 >and i have a question with regards to the new feat...

Navigation Pane 01-13-08
I read that you can minimize tha navigation pane by selecting F11, but is there a way when an object such as a query is opened the navigation pane auto hides? "Timothy Stinson" <TimothyStinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D9DED2-8245-425C-A763-FF6F27B5EE7B@microsoft.com... >I read that you can minimize tha navigation pane by selecting F11, but is > there a way when an object such as a query is opened the navigation pane > auto > hides? I'm not aware of any way to do this if the query is opened using the out-of-the-box Access UI. You...

Fixed Duration Task Changes Duration
I am scheduling a manufacturing shop. I enter eack task as a Fixed Duration (Not Effort Driven-Unchecked). Why when I do a Level Resources are some of my durations changing.Not all but some. They would go from as example 3 hours to 35 hours. These are tasks that have one resource. This appears to be a bug that never got fixed in Project 2003. Has anyone ever experienced this same problem? And if so has it been fixed in later versions. This is a huge problem. Also, this is a master project with several sub-projects in it. All tasks are "AS Late As Possible" and the sub-...

Need help! Message--MEMORY COULD NOT BE READ
I need a little help with this macro. It updates the spreadsheet to the next week and has been working fine for about 6 months,but now when I try to run it I recieve this error; The instruction at "0x300f8a40" referenced memory at "0x000001ac". The memory could not be "read". Below is the code for the macro. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sub update() ' ' test Macro ' Macro recorded 1/7/04 by keenem ' ' ActiveSheet.Select ActiveSheet.Copy Before:=Sheets(1) Range("M10:M58").Select Selection.Copy Range("D10:D58").S...

Changing Fiscal Periods
I know it's said this can't be done. We had our fiscal period always starting on 1/1 and now it's been changed. I know we're not the only company on Earth that has had this problem. Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks, John Yes, there's a way to update it. Just go to OrganizationBase table in the MSCRM database, change the FiscalSettingUpdated field from 1 to 0, then you can go into CRM and update your fiscal year setting. Hope this helps. WARNING: This is not support by Microsoft,Do it at your own Risk Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 8,...

permissions?
Hi, I have a public folder calendar (exchange server 2003 sp2) i have two mail lists with 250 users each. it does not let me add the groups. is there an easier way then one by one. (i also have the groups as security groups). we use outlook 2003. Thanks in advance. What happens when you try? what is the full error message? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly new...

Changing Domain wide networkID
Hello We are changing our network ID from 192.168.1.x to 10.1.30.x due to a merger. We have several checklists for this. Is there anything in exchange 2003 that could cause problems? we have removed all references to IP based filtering. Thanks C In news:OrOM%23Rw4GHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, CNews <Ciava@nospam.net> typed: > Hello > We are changing our network ID from 192.168.1.x to 10.1.30.x due to a > merger. We have several checklists for this. > Is there anything in exchange 2003 that could cause problems? we > have removed all references to IP based ...

Preview Pane & Viruses
I remember being told some time ago that using the preview pane on an email with a virus was safe in that if it happened to be a virus that triggered on opening the email vs. opening the attachment, it wouldn't load. I know you can set the pane to mark the email as read when you preview it, but does is that actually the equivalent of opening it & thus propagating the virus? Cynthia <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I remember being told some time ago that using the preview > pane on an email with a virus was safe in that if it > happened to be a vir...

Highlight changes in all-links spreadsheet
Hi I have 12 pages with code to highlight/colour changes made ========================================================= Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 8 End Sub ================================================ I then have to *copy/paste special - all links* from each of the 12 pages into another page to have a total overview. Is it possible to have a code to highlight/colour the changes made in the overview page when a change is made to any of the 12 pages? Martin...

Any advantage to using MDE over groups/passwords/hide db window/allowbypasskey?
I've secured my database with user-level security and groups. I've hidden the DB window, turned off toolbars and shortcut keys, and set the "AllowBypassKey" property so they can't hold down "shift" during startup (I can toggle this setting in a form only I have access to). I don't see an advantage to using a ".mde" now. I've been through the app as a client and can't find a way to get to the code or designs... After layering on all this security, is there a reason to also go with .mde? Thanks > > After layering on all this sec...

Changing CStatic cursors
Hello, I am fairly new to MFC programming but not windows. I have worked on = server end code and straight win32 API coding a lot. So this may seem = like a real novice question to most people. Anyway, I have derived a class from CStatic and called it CStaticText to = override OnEraseBackground so I could have my static controls on a = dialog paint the correct background color because the dialog and = controls have a creamed color instead of the default dialog color. I = have also changed some of their fonts, etc by handling the OnCtlColor = for the dialog and changing the DC attributes. ...

Default Attachment
Is it possible to modify the Outlook Email Template? I know I can add a signature to all of my new emails, but I would like to add an attachment (a font file) to all of my emails. Could someone tell me if this is possible (and how to do it) tia Terry Holland ...

Public profile change
I need to change how other people see my e-mail. I went to Tools-Windows messenger-Options In Public there was EditProfile button, when I clicked it said it needs to install Add-Ins, which i did and rebooted too. Now I am clicking EditProfile and it is searching for the webpage which is 'unavailable" Please, help. Thanks TIA ...

Question on changing risk category
In Money 2004, if I go to Investing/Portfolio, and Group by Risk, I see my investments grouped into Less risky than the market, same, more, and unknown. Is there a way to change these, based on my own analysis of the investments? More importantly, I can categorize the "Unknown risk" mutual funds if it would let me - how could I do that? Thanks ...

Change Formatting of Comments on Cells
I want to change the formatting of comments on cells in a pre-existing worksheet. Right now, the formatting is: Tahoma 8pt. bold font I want to change it to: Arial 10pt. (not bold) font 1.How would I change this information for the entire worksheet or spreadsheet? (I have changed the formatting on some comments, but not all of them. I am interested in uniform readable comment formatting. Even if I can apply a marco to increase all comments font size to 10 pts., I would be very happy.) 2. What is the way to change this formatting for the default new spreadsheet template? Thank you ...

default printer
ISTR that in Word 2003 just clicking the print icon on the toolbar would print using the default (or most recently used?) printer. Now I'm using 2007. Still under XP. I have a QA bar with printer icon but it just brings up the printer dialog box. Is there a way to have quick-print, without having to keep selecting the printer if you're just using the same one, as there used to be? bj Perhaps you have customized the QAT? It would seem you must have because Quick Print is the default QAT button; to get a button that opens the Print dialog, you would have to have added...

Policy to set calender access to read?
I have a policy that users should give other users read access to their calendars to ensure easier group scheduling. How can I implement this policy on my Exchange 2003 users to do this automatically? Olav On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:19:20 +0200, "Olav Tollefsen" <x@y.com> wrote: >I have a policy that users should give other users read access to their >calendars to ensure easier group scheduling. > >How can I implement this policy on my Exchange 2003 users to do this >automatically? > >Olav > Tis might be the way you want to go. http://hellomate....