Change of recipient/sender display name

Hi All,

Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role)

Outlook client :- 2003, 2007

We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange
2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address,
each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example,
display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is
fin_manager@hdemea.com

I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according
to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts
list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email address of
fin_manager@hdemea.com, with default reciepient name, but when we
receieve the email from this email address, the display should re-match
and show our standard display name rather than it default one.

Is the setting need to be done on exchange GAL or outlook client side?
Please advise

Please feel free to comment.

Many thanks and very appreciate it.

--
listlow

Recipient Policy Not Working #4
Running Exchange 2003 (SP2), recipient policy is not stamping email addresses on new mailboxes created (in User's AD properties, under email tab, there are no addresses (smtp, fax,etc). Any advice appreciated. You can generally get good event information by turning up the logging for MSExchangeAL on the server running RUS to Maximum. If that doesn't get you anywhere, have a read of this excellent 3 part guide on troubleshooting RUS by Bill Long. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx Tony www.activedir.org "PCKC" wrote: > Running Exchange 2003 (...

"Server Recipients" gives an error
I have a Mixed Mode 5.5 setup with several 2000 and one exchange 2003 server. If I select the exchange 2003 server in MS Exchange 5.5 Admin and click on that servers "Server Recipients", I recieve this message. The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object Microsoft Exchage Address Book ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. hmmm...I can see items in this container in my Exchange admin program with no problem...where are you looking at this? on a server? or on a workstation? were you ever able to...

Worksheet Changes
Hi All, HYCH Have a worksheet that has data in the range A5:I105, would like cell a2 to show a date that any of this data has changed, was thinking of using a worksheet change_Event to manage this but not sure of how to go about setting this up, have used the simple change event for a single selection i.e A1 or B4 but not with a range area. Any help would be Great Steve A bit more explanation along with layout and what desired output looks like. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Steve" <instructorf@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

Money 2002
Can missing Form 140 Schedule C line names be added? If so, how? ...

Customise doesn't keep changes.
Hi!! I have Money 2005... I would like to customise some report in order to avoid some categories in reports. I did it for "Spending by Categories" report.. I ommited some and it worked great, howevver, when I return to home the report still show the categories I ommited and when I go to the report waht I customised is gone. Is there a bug in this? Can I create new report from nothing at all? or from a template? In microsoft.public.money, Marcell wrote: >Hi!! >I have Money 2005... I would like to customise some report in order to avoid >some categories in reports....

RE: MSCRMDeletionService -- change frequency...
i am trying to modify the frequency for the MSCRMDeletionService...there is a registry value in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\ key named DSRunInterval. one of our servers has this value as a REG_SZ (string) value while another server has it as a DWORD (number) value ; does anyone have an idea what format this value should be? and also is it based on seconds? thanks! sunish ...

changing the delimiter while saving as txt file
Dear Experts, is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. Thanks in advance Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:845d01c48520$92fc1c20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear Experts, > > is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab > characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. > > Thanks in advance And some more links... Maybe you can steal some cod...

OWA Change password option
I've read through your various postings and articles, relating to OWA change password option under a front-end / back-end 2003 SP2 senario. Please can you clarify the following steps I need to follow: 1) Create a new Iisadmpwd virtual directory in IIS on the frontend server. 2) Run the OWAADMIN tool, and select enable password feature on both the front-end and back-end servers. Can you clarify if by using the OWAADMIN tool, that I won't have to manually edit the registry on both servers as the tool will take care of this for me? Can you also clarify, which services (if a...

deleting names
Is there a way to delete a person name/e-mail address from the to: bar? When i start to put a persons name in the to: box there are different names that i don't want anymore. where or how can i get rid of them. i am using Outlook 2003 You're talking about the auto-fill? Simply scroll to the entry you don't wish to have anymore and delete it. You can either right-click on the entry and choose delete or scroll to the entry and press the delete key on your keyboard. "cleaners" <cleaners@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0718EB4B-B027-40...

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Changing Functional Currency #3
Hi There is a live company ABC. We created the new company XYZ then I restore the live company database ABC to the newly created company XYZ by following the KB article 871973. Then we delete the all the transaction in XYZ company because we need the same company setup and masters with that we added required additional master data. The problem we are facing is we need to change the functional currency in XYZ company. How can we do this? Any one can help us Regards Nizham I don't believe you can change the functional in XYZ since there were transactions. Howabout creating a 123 com...

displaying dates in UK format
I didn't write the original database and my knowledge of database design is not good enough to duplicate the work already done. With a variety of computers running Windows98 and/or XP, using Access2003, I cannot get dates to display on my forms in UK format (i.e. dd/mm/yyyy or even d/m/yy). The computers in use all have the short date format set to dd/mm/yyyy in regional settings. I have read through http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html and tried the formatting suggested there and it didn't work for me. I added it to "Lost focus" and "OnExit" and ...

Incorrect Currency Displayed
When exporting data from a VB application to an Excel spreadsheet I am finding that the wrong currency symbol is displayed. OS used is XP. The XP regional settings and language are set for UK. When the data is exported the display for the currency data on the spreadsheet is a $ rather than £. When I try to format the cells in excel to set the currency symbol the dialog box displayed shows that the currency symbol for the cells is £ but no matter what I do when I close the dialog box the currency symbol on the spreadsheet is still a $ symbol. HELP! Thanks, Maxy Maxy, Tr...

Changed relationship; records no longer linked
I have a Corporates table holding details of company customers. I have a CorpContacts table holding details of our contact persons at those companies. Originally I had a relationship (one to many) between Corporates.CorpName and CorpContacts.CorpName. I had a Corporates form which contained a CorpContacts subform displaying the contact persons' details. All working fine. But if we updated the name of the company i.e. Corporates.CorpName, the link was lost and the contact persons were no longer displayed. So I introduced new fields in each table ("CorpID"), i.e. some...

Changing OLAP Pivot Table Connection Source
I have numerous spreadsheets that have pivot tables pointing to an OLAP Cube via a connection string. Is there an easy way (either automated or manual) to change the connection string to point to a new version of the OLAP Cube? I can edit the connection properties and navigate to the new .odc connection file, but get an error saying "The OLAP provider returned an unexpected number of dimensions." ...

Official name of the File Selection Part of CFileDialog
I want to know the official name of the file selection portion of the CFileDialog. I also want to know how this is implemented, is there a special kind of ListBox that can do multiple columns? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:Kw%3h.10768$IC.9812@newsfe21.lga... >I want to know the official name of the file selection portion of the >CFileDialog. I also want to know how this is implemented, is there a >special kind of ListBox that can do multiple columns? List-View http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/list...

in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?
When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the background color of cells that are selected? Thanks. Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it. I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help some. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely >tell whic...

Display different outgoing mail domain
We have purchased a domain name that we would like to use for our email. ie we use Stargate as a mail provider, but we want our outgoing mail to show person@companydomain.com instead of person@stargate.net. You could do this in previous versions of Outlook (tell it how to display outgoing email address), but I can't figure out how to do this in 2002 Outlook. Does anyone know if this can be done? ...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

CFtpFileFind::FindNextFile() can't get the correct file name.
Once I want to get file from HP-UX by FTP. I use MFC CFtpFileFind to find the files under a specified directory in HP-UX, but the return value of CFtpFileFind::GetFileName () is not the correct file name, it includes time (sometimes and date) ahead, such as: 19:30 Mydemofile001.txt 19:35 Mydemofile002.txt but the real file name existed are only Mydemofile001.txt and Mydemofile002.txt. Is there any problem in the low level encapsulated by MFC for FTP list files? Could anyone give me some advice? Thank you. ...

IE8 displays page cannot be displayed...
I am writing a WEB Service that is using Negotiate protocol with the MS api AcceptSecurityContext. If the browser is not logged into the domain but a group and tries to access the service the browser will respond with a WWW-Negotiate header passing a token to the service. However the browser will return a Page Cannot be displayed if the output of the AcceptSecurityContext returned a SEC_I_CONTINUE_NEEDED and the output buffer is sent back. I would have expected the browser to prompt for credentials or make a new request and choose another option when the cycle repeats. If this is...

how can I change the a,b,c, column headers in excel to names
I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated You can only show A,B,C...,IV or numbers: 1,2,3,...,256 But you could put your names in Row 1 and then select A1, then select A2 and click on Window|Freeze panes. espray wrote: > > I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, > etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated -- Dave Peterson ...

Vendor Changed Names and Need to reassociate items with new Vendor
We have a situation were a couple of Vendors have changed names through acquisitions and we need to create a new Vendor ID for these vendors. What we would like to do is copy the items we have associated with the old vendor to the new vendor so we do not have to recreate all the items again. Is there a way to create a new vendor ID and copy the items linked with an existing vendor ID to the new vendor? Thanks JTT Great Plains has a tool called Professional Services Tool, contact them. The tool is not free. It will do exactly what you are looking for. "JTT" wrote: > We ...