Change Junk E-mail SCL

I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be
moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?

GC

0
gudjonmar (3)

GauiC <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages
> will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.

Who told you that was possible?

> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL
> level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?

As far as I can tell, there is no "SCL" value in a message that Outlook's
Junk E-mail filter uses.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/17/2007 6:41:45 PM
SCL scores are set on the Exchange server when Exchange Intelligent Message
Filter is configured for use.  You can read more at
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/bb288484.aspx.

HTH

-Brian

"GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be
>moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
> that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?
>
> GC

only if you use exchange server and the admin needs to do it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be
> moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
> that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?
>
> GC

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/18/2007 4:12:38 AM
okok..bad use of words for me, I will try to explain.
I am the exchange admin.
I know that the Exchange server sets the SCL on messages.
I also know that exchange edge server filters the mail based on the SCL and
moves a range of SCL messages to the quarantine mailbox, I currently have it
set to 5, so all messages with a higher or equal value will be moved to the
quarantine mailbox that I have configured.
The Outlook junk mail filter checks this SCL level and uses that to check if
the message belongs to the junk e-mail folder or if it should continue to
the inbox.
There "is" a registry value that is possible to change this number, that is
raise or lower the SCL threshold in Outlook, I just don't remember how I did
this in the past.
When I find this again I will post it here, but if there is anyone there
that remember this, please let me know.

Thanks,
GC

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> only if you use exchange server and the admin needs to do it.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will
>> be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
>> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
>> that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?
>>
>> GC

0
gudjonmar (3)
12/19/2007 12:56:59 AM
outlook does not use scl with the junk filter. there is an exchange store
rule which can use it on mail which gets past the imf gateway.
http://blogs.technet.com/evand/archive/2005/01/31/363935.aspx

You can change the client side scl rating from the ESM. I don't think there
is reg hack for it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> okok..bad use of words for me, I will try to explain.
> I am the exchange admin.
> I know that the Exchange server sets the SCL on messages.
> I also know that exchange edge server filters the mail based on the SCL
> and moves a range of SCL messages to the quarantine mailbox, I currently
> have it set to 5, so all messages with a higher or equal value will be
> moved to the quarantine mailbox that I have configured.
> The Outlook junk mail filter checks this SCL level and uses that to check
> if the message belongs to the junk e-mail folder or if it should continue
> to the inbox.
> There "is" a registry value that is possible to change this number, that
> is raise or lower the SCL threshold in Outlook, I just don't remember how
> I did this in the past.
> When I find this again I will post it here, but if there is anyone there
> that remember this, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> GC
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> only if you use exchange server and the admin needs to do it.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will
>>> be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
>>> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
>>> that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?
>>>
>>> GC

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/19/2007 4:22:13 AM
From Exchange System Manager expand Global Settings and then view the
properties for Message Delivery.  From the Intelligent Message Filtering tab
you can change the SCL values to block and to move to the junk email folder.

See my other post and scroll down to the Documentation section to download
plenty of guides on how to setup and configure IMF.  Also, you may want to
direct any further posts to an Exchange newsgroup.

HTH

-Brian

"GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> okok..bad use of words for me, I will try to explain.
> I am the exchange admin.
> I know that the Exchange server sets the SCL on messages.
> I also know that exchange edge server filters the mail based on the SCL
> and moves a range of SCL messages to the quarantine mailbox, I currently
> have it set to 5, so all messages with a higher or equal value will be
> moved to the quarantine mailbox that I have configured.
> The Outlook junk mail filter checks this SCL level and uses that to check
> if the message belongs to the junk e-mail folder or if it should continue
> to the inbox.
> There "is" a registry value that is possible to change this number, that
> is raise or lower the SCL threshold in Outlook, I just don't remember how
> I did this in the past.
> When I find this again I will post it here, but if there is anyone there
> that remember this, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> GC
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> only if you use exchange server and the admin needs to do it.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will
>>> be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
>>> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
>>> that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?
>>>
>>> GC

"GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The Outlook junk mail filter checks this SCL level and uses that to check
> if the message belongs to the junk e-mail folder or if it should continue
> to the inbox.

My understanding is Exchange server IMF decides where to deliver the
message.

> There "is" a registry value that is possible to change this number, that
> is raise or lower the SCL threshold in Outlook, I just don't remember how
> I did this in the past.

Never heard of it. I've heard of a way to "show" SCL value in Outlook but I
guess that's not what you're asking for.
Suppose you can lower/raise SCL, what would you do that for? Wouldn't it be
easier to set it once on the server?

> When I find this again I will post it here, but if there is anyone there
> that remember this, please let me know.

I'll be here waiting for your memory to come back :-)

> Thanks,
> GC
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> only if you use exchange server and the admin needs to do it.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will
>>> be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
>>> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
>>> that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?
>>>
>>> GC

0
John
12/20/2007 12:52:58 AM
Ok, I figured this out.
Actually this is not a registry hack as I thought I remembered, but it is a
command in powershell using the SCLJunkThreshold.

This link explains it:
http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/exchange-2007-content-filter-how-to_07.html

"GauiC" <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be
>moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook.
> Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level
> that is filtered to junk E-mail folder?
>
> GC

0
gudjonmar (3)

Scatter Plot: Change X-Axis Date
I am plotting a Variable [ ] against Time [MM/DD/YY HH:MM] in a Scatter Plot (NOT LINE PLOT). Say I want to change the x-axis labels as such: Min = 02/17/09 06:00; Max = 02/18/09 06:00; Major Unit = 1:00. It used to be that you would type those numbers in the respective sections of the "format axis" window, but it appears that '07 Excel does not allow this?? Is there a workaround, or do I seriously have to go back to calculating the actual number (ie..Min = 39861.25; Max = 39862.25)? I'm going to be pretty annoyed if they "engineered" that feature out of...

OWA 2003 Change Password Issues
I am working with: Windows 2003 Standard SP1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 I have recently installed the above products on a new server and the install went great. No errors, no issues. All is working well except for the change password function in OWA. I turned on the change password feature and it appeared as it should. The first thing I noticed is that when I selected the change password button, the domain would not be automatically populated like it should and I could not change my password. Everything I found on the Internet pointed me toward hot fix 833734. I contacted Micros...

programtically change an Embedded picture of a command button
I'd like to prgramatically change the Embeded picture of a command button. I don't want to use a linked picture because the application is portable and I don't want to have to copy the image along with the .mdb Anyone have sample code for this? Have an invisible CommandButton of the same size with the required image embedded, then use the PictureData property. Me.cmd1.PictureData = Me.cmd2.PictureData should do it. -Jon "TADropik" <tom@sportmutt.com> wrote in message news:0BBECB0B-06BB-42D4-8FA4-7B0565E84E7E@microsoft.com... > I'd like t...

Send To/Mail Recipient, Send button does not work.
I am stumped. I am using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro machine. When I right-click a file and select "send to - mail recipient", everything functions normally. A message window pops up with the file I right-clicked attached and a breif message automatically inserted in the body of the e-mail. However, when I add any valid e-mail address and click send, nothing happens. When I hover the mouse over the send button, it highlights like it should, and when I click it, it depresses like it shoud, but nothing happens. The window stays open, and the message never gets sent. Sending a mess...

can not receive mail from hotmail.com
I can no longer receive email from anyone using hotmail.com. I used to be able to receive it, up until possibly a month or so ago. I can send mail to them. I have added them to safe senders list, safe sender domain, changed security settings etc. Does anyone know what I need to do? It does not send them to the junk folder. I just never receive it. The sender has no knowledge that I didn't receive it either. Any help would be appreciated. "Deb" <brunnerdeb@roadrunner.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u$hQHf9pKHA.1556@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... &...

Unable to send emails via Windows Live Mail
Hi, i have been using windows live mail for a while now and have never been able to send anything from one of my email accounts, I have logged onto this particulay email account as webmail and am able to send that way, but it is very inconvenient. thi error message i keep getting is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'testing' Server: 'smtp.iprimus.com.au' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 i have read through several other posts and tried changing the port numbers as suggested...

Problem with mail merge on a 4 sided publisher document
I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. One side has all of the text and the other is for addressing/labels. I am trying to mail merge the recipients for the labels. Everything seems fine until I print preview...and all 4 images have the same person. Is there any way to edit the card so each page prints 4 different names instead of the same name 4 times? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks Cherry T <Cherry T@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. > O...

Media Player 11 Changes Media Icons On All My Media Files
I just loaded MP11 and suddenly realized the icons on all my media files had been changed to some icon I did not recognize. The Media application icon is as it should be but files I am use to looking at have changed. It is possible to revert this back or do I need to just roll back to MP10 Media File Icon before: ****************** Media File after upgrade to MP7: begin 666 1WinMedia 7 file Icon Before.jpeg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0```0`!``#_VP!#``$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$! M`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0'_ MVP!#`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0...

Junk Mail Folder #2
I am not sure if I should ask in Outlook or Exchange group, so I will ask in both. We have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server, IMF is NOT installed. Our clients use Outlook 2003. I tried disabling Junk Mail folder using a GPO. Outlook displays the red X indicating it is indeed disabled. Problem: Mail still goes into the junk mail folder. How do I stop this. I already took out the GPO that disabled it and tried setting it at the client level, but that doesn't change the behavior. I looked everywhere for a reason for this, but absolutely no articles discussing the problem. ...

importare messaggi e rubrica
Ciao ragazzi scusate l'ignoranza. Dovrei importare su un account di posta outlook express la rubrica e i messaggi di un altro account di posta outlook. Il problema � che non so come si fa. Grazie a tutti anticipatamente andrea Un uccellino mi ha detto che "Andrea" invece di visitare www.inzona.com ha scritto... > Ciao ragazzi > scusate l'ignoranza. > Dovrei importare su un account di posta outlook express la rubrica e i > messaggi di un altro account di posta outlook. > Il problema � che non so come si fa. > Grazie a tutti anticipatamente > andrea Leg...

Please help!! I cannot change the Date and Time of my laptop (XP)
As soon as I double click on the time displayed on the right corner (or right click "adjust date and time") the small date time windows pops up for a fraction of a second, and then closes itself. Same is with the task manager!! :( Please Help As Soon As Possible. Thanks -- Kabiraaa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kabiraaa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/230270.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1344853.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 02:08:31 -0500, Ka...

push mail with Exchange sp2
hi, is there a procedure that explain how to implement this functionality ? I found nothing on technet or other sites explaining step by step this (mobiles devices configuration ans supported, management on the server, etc) Anyone any idea ? dezaer <fox.box@laposte.net> wrote: >is there a procedure that explain how to implement this functionality ? >I found nothing on technet or other sites explaining step by step this >(mobiles devices configuration ans supported, management on the server, etc) >Anyone any idea ? Until you're running Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Mes...

Large e-mail attachment
I tried to send an e-mail with a large attachment and found out that I would not be able to because my e-mail server does not allow for large attachments - When trying to delete the e-mail form my outbox - it says that I cannot delete it because the e-mail has already started transmission. Does anyone know how I delete this half-transmitted e-mail from my outbox? I was hung up like that once and had to call the server/isp and they removed it. >-----Original Message----- >I tried to send an e-mail with a large attachment and found out that I would not be able to because my e-mail se...

Changing Photos in a Image Object
I have named a file path and file location in VB to locate a particular photo. As the user selects different items from a droplist the file path and name change. In the change event on that droplist I need to know how to call the load event for the Image object. So far I have tried: Image1.Picture = LoadPicture(PictureFileName1) - Where PictureFileName is my path and file name as well as hard coding to Image1.Picture = LoadPicture("e:\monthlyreport\Photo1.bmp") I don't understand the correct syntax to change the picture file. Please help. Thank you! Hi Troubled...

Why does the word REG change to Rag when typed into a cell?
When typing the word REG (my name) in caps anywhere in an Excel worksheet, it automatically switches to the word Rag. This also happens when I open a new worksheet. This 'correction' has been placed in your Autocorrect list Open Autocorrect and delete the item In XL 2003 use Tools | Autocorrect In Xl 2007 Office button (the pretty circle) \ Excel Options (at bottom of dialog) | Proofing (left tab list) \ Autocorrect button in top part of dialog best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "Reg" <Reg@discussions.mic...

Pie Chart Changes Size After Applying Data Labels
I highlight the data and create my pie chart but after it is created and then I go to format the data series and add the % and label names, my pie chart changes sizes. How can I avoid this or how can i change it back to the size i want? Thanks, Randy ...

How to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account
Hi Folks, I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to a hotmail or network solutions account. Please advise as to how to do this. Thanks, Dougf On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Folks, > >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to >a hotmail or network solutions account. > >Please advise as to how to do this. >Thanks, Dougf If you want to have mail delivered to both places: Create a mail enabled AD contact. Go to the delivery options button on ...

Inbox rules and mail-loop
Hi there Enviroment: Windows 2003 AD, Exchange 2003, 30.000 users How is it possible to get an dentral overview of the "Inbox Rules" that my users has set using their Outlook 2003 / OWA 2003 ? 3. Parts utility? Many users have created a forwarding rule in their OWA to non-existing email adresses - and then its starts a mail loop which starts killing the server. I know that i globally can disable the "Allow forwarding to the internet" and "Automatic replies" - but how can i i do that only on a group og users - or on a per-server instead, any idears? Best regar...

GST Change July 1
Is it as simple as changing the value in the sales tax field to 6 from 7? What about all prior transactions or running reports, will they reflect the appropriate tax value based on the date they were entered? ...

Change the follow up date for multiple emails
Hi All, I have a group of 14 emails with follow-up dates set for today. I can't get to them today. Can I change their follow-up dates to tomorrow as a group, or do I need to do it one by one? Thanks, Michele ...

Why did the color scheme in my brochure change?
When I opened my brochure project, the color scheme (?) was changed. The document was yellow and the photos were a sepia tone. The brochure was created in B&W and was saved that way. Now, the color is changed and I can't get it back to a B&W document when I try to select the B&W color bar in the Color Scheme tool bar. What happened and how do I correct this? CWise <CWise@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I opened my brochure project, the color scheme (?) was changed. > The document was yellow and the photos were a sepia to...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Change admin account for Delivery Status Notificaiton?
Some how a test account our consultant setup is now the sender of our Delivery Status Notificaiton reports. How/where can I change this? This account is also a Exchange Full Administrator (inherited) whatever that means so I'm afriad to delete the account. Thanks! ...

added FltRegisterFilter to the WDK kbdFilter example..get linker e
hello, i have built and have successfuly installed and used the sample mini filter keyboard driver from the WDK samples. i have modified the DriverEntry function to call FltRegisterFilter....and i get a linker error....'unresolved external symbol _FltRegisterFilter@12'. i am sure this function lives in fltMgr.lib, and i have used dumpbin.exe on this lib file and i have seen FltRegisterFilter in there. so, i have tried two things, both of which have had no effect: 1) in the SOURCES file (which is called from the MAKEFILE) i have added the line: LIBRARIES=C:\Win...

Change Measurement units
Is there any way I can change the measurement units, so that when I open a new document it is inches instead of cm. I'm using Publisher 2002 Thanks in advance Tools | Options | General -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "RK" <rkelseyca@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bfp2s6$nj$1@nntp-stjh-01-01.rogers.nf.net... > Is there any way I can change the measurement units, so that when I op...