Change default attachment directory

Hi

Whenever I try to send an attachment from OE 2003 it always opens the
c:\my documents folder by default and never remembers the last
directory I used to send an attachment. Is there anyway to change the
default directory for sending an attachment?
0
blah5928 (43)

FRx Changing Fiscal Years
Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have to update to complete this change? You may need to rename the .G32 files in the FRx Sysdata directory, which will rebuild...

How can I set/change the description of a mailbox store?
Hi: How can I set/change the description of a mailbox store in Exchange 2003 Ent? Also in the System Manager>Tools>Mailbox Recovery Centre, you can search for a mailbox store it is the place I saw there is description for it. I tried right click to the mailbox store, it only gives me renaming... Also how can I search mailbox store in AD? Since in the Mailbox Recovery Centre: the search type says: 'user and object' however, in AD, I can't find the type 'object' Have you considered using the 'Details' field? Right click Mailsitore | Properties | Details O...

Cost changes on one inserted project in master project
Project Server (PS) 2007 SP2 MSO I have a master project (MP) with several inserted projects. The MP is not stored on PS. It was built by inserting projects from PS and breaking each link. Calculate is set to manual. I open the MP which has all inserted projects collasped. I expand one and the cost changes (turns blue) in the one above it (still collasped). I calculate and it turns back to the number it was. Why? These are inserted projects, none of them roll into another. Also, often a number turns blue but there is no change. I have taken it to the 13th decimal (in e...

attachment options
When attaching a file in outlook 2003, how do I change if it shows the attachment as an icon in the body of the message that I am creating, or in a field right below the subject line. I have a users pc that is stuck w/ it going into the body, and it's causing some issues. G'Day Aaron, Put simply, it will show in the message body for RTF format messages, and in the message header for TEXT and HTML formats. See: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010447701033 for quite a good explanation. The specific page is: http://office.microsoft.com/training/trai...

attach template to exisitng document
I have a custome template that I want to use the specific macros, styles, etc. In Word 2003, I would go to tools>templates and add-ins> then click on the attach button. How do I do this in Word 2007? thanks! -- Pam Click Office button | Word Options | Add-Ins category. In the Manage list, choose "Templates," and then click Go. Alternatively, you could display the Developer tab (Office button | Word Options, Popular category) and click the Document Template button on that tab. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Pam" <Pam@discussions.m...

Outlook attachment extractor
Does an add-on exist for Outlook, which extracts attachments and places a link to the file on the hard drive? I have found a few add-ons with this extraction theme; but they extract attachments to a specific folder. My attachments are generally saved in the appropriate folders under categories. Thus some attachments do not need to be re-saved in another folder. This deficiency provokes me to review all extracted attachments and move them to the appropriate folders. This process wastes time when an application could be smart enough to do it. I have browsed the huge add-on selection at http://w...

Can I change the toolbar icon dynamically ?
Hi, I need to change icon of my toolbar dynamically. I mean as per the state of the application, i need to change the icon. Like, I have a button on toolbar for checking mails. And I also have autocheck functionality. Now, when application is checking the mails, i need to show stop icon over there (on the same place). And after finishing checking, i need to show the normal check icon at that position. Can anybody let me know how can I achieve this using MFC ?? Regards, Jigar Mehta Jigar Mehta wrote: > Hi, > > I need to change icon of my toolbar dynamically. I mean as per the >...

Changing Prices for next year?
On my form I have a list box attached to a price table that puts in the price when I select a certain sized purchased by the dealer. I am running a query that adds up how much we grossed. But now in 07 we are increasing prices how do I change prices in the table with out affecting last years numbers? Do I need to make a 07 table and have it so I select which price table to use on the form when the dealer purchases one?...

Deleting attachments from emails in Outlook 2003
This question has been asked before in this forum, but there was no satisfactory answer. Can anyone help please? I am using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP system. I receive an email with attachments. I open the email and, on the Attachments line, I right click an attachment. On the pulldown menu that is presented, however, I cannot click Remove because it is greyed out, and therefore I cannot delete the attachment. Why is Remove greyed out? What do I have to do to activate the function? PS. I cannot see anything obvious in Tools > Options > Security that might help. Do you actu...

New directory being used after database closed
Hello all, I have a strange problem. I wrote a process that loops through a folder, grabs text files one-by-one and imports them into tables in my database. Before I start looping, I make a subdirectory so that after I use each file (before moving on to the next one) I can move the file into it to avoid using it again at a later date. I move the file using an object and the movefile method. Anyway, my problem starts after I close the database. I exit the database normally and when I go out to the subdirectory and try to do anything with it, it tells me that the folder is currently in use...

Open file to a "default" worksheet
I have a workbook with several worksheets (Example: Summary, Data 1, Data 2, Data 3, etc.). While the file may have been saved at any time after referencing any of the worksheets, I need to ensure that whoever the next user is, the file opens to a specific worksheet (Summary) as I want them to always see this sheet first. Any suggestions on how to make this work? Thanks for your help. right click the excel icon just to the left of file on the menu toolbar>view code> in the left window select workbook> in the right window select beforeclose or beforesave or workbook open and...

Changing the Regarding field in a case created by EmailToCase
I've got c360's EmailToCase set up to create cases when a new email comes in from an already established Contact. My question: is there a way to change the regarding field from the created case to an Account/ Right now, I have ETC set up to link to the Contact, but what I would like to do is have the newly created case have the Account in the Regarding field. (thereby linking the email in the case to the Contact *and* the Account.). Thanks! nasu ...

Preventing changes to received messages
Outlook allows me to modify a received message's body and subject field. So if Bob sends me an email, I can open it, change the body's content, save it, and it looks like that's how I received it. Then if I print or forward it, it looks like Bob sent me something he in reality didn't. Is there a way to disable that? Can the integrity of a received message be protected? Can this be done without digital signitures? Hi, I do not think that is possible !!! Sorry for that . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in mes...

Change rows to columns for similar records
Hi - am trying to change rows to columns for similar records. How do I do that? e.g. Staff A Cellular No. XXXXX Staff A Office No. XXXX Staff B Cellular No. XXXXX Staff B Office No. XXXXX Wld like for it be in the following row Staff Cellular No Office No A XXXXX XXXXX B XXXXX XXXXXX Do advise. Thanks. one way would be Would be to set up your "heading" as such Cell Phone Staff A 1 2 Staff B 3 4 Then assuming that Staff A is in B8 Staff B is in B9 Cell is in C7 Phone is in D7 In cell c8 enter ...

Default Mail Application
I'm frustrated beyond belief here... I just recently formatted my PC and upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. After reinstalling my windows live programs, I'm noticing that regardless of whatever application is set as my default mail application, when I click on the button in the main messenger window which shows me how many emails I have, it will *always* bring me to the windows live website. I want it to use live mail, but it will not do so. just as a point of clarification - it was working fine before I reinstalled Windows and Windows Li...

Track Changes problem in Excel 2007
I have excel workbooks created in Excel 2003 that I exchange with others, some of whom have Excel 2007. With some (but not all) of those users, the track changes function comes back corrupted, with the changes noted for the wrong cells. My users add rows, sort and filter the worksheet (along with making corrections to the data). Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea how it can be fixed? I don't ever have this problem with users who use pre-2007 Excel. Thanks so much ...

Owa 2003 & attachments
Hello, we have installed Exchange 2003 on new hardware with Windows 2003. We have the problem, that users cannot attach documents via OWA. Using attachments via Owa ia enabled, but if they choose an attachment and want to upload this the information store stops unexpectly. Why ? Hi, Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304307. -- Niclas Holmkvist Microsoft Exchange Support --- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "AS" <AS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47BF00CF-DA90-465F-B279-EA39D33BF3DB@...

Outbox won't send email with attachment or let me delete it
Have a large email attachment that is stuck in my outbox in Outlook 2007. I cannot delete it either. Restarted the computer, that doesn't help. All other emails are now very slow to send. Any suggestions? File > Work Offline and then try to delete it. Or you can open the email in your Outbox, close it, and then try to delete it. "Peacockgirl" <Peacockgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C208D01F-A8BE-4F8F-A8F6-0670585A0FBE@microsoft.com... > Have a large email attachment that is stuck in my outbox in Outlook 2007. I > cannot delete ...

change start page number #2
This is just killing me! I'm trying to edit a file I did a year ago, and I can't remember how to change the document's first page number. In other words, I have two publisher documents that need to be linked together. The first is 30 pages long, so I want the second to begin page numbering with page 31. I currently have it starting at 35, but I can't figure out how to change it. Pleeeeease help. Thank you. tools/options/general/ start pub with page.... -- "Display tolerance & kindness to those with less knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS someone ...

Change BG color in Wordpad instance
Greetings all, I have a powershell script which generates rich text file (.rtf) reports that contain a lot of detailed data which needs to be examined carefully over long periods. This could be done in greater comfort if the background color of the WordPad instance in which the report is displayed could be changed to black (or whatever color I choose) from the default white. # This paragraph is optional reading; skip if low on time or patience... In seeking a solution, I happened upon the help file for the Add-Type command (I'm using Powershell V2 (CTP3)) and found example 5 p...

animation change color defaluts PP 2007
I'm using animation to change color of text (on click change the color to "my custom red") in my presentation and would like to change the default font color of "blue" and the speed "medium" to "my custom red" and "very fast". In that I'm making several hunded animation changes it would be super helpful if I could change the default color to my choices and avoid several clicks to get the settings I need. There's no way to change the default it's "hard wired" You might be able to write or get written a m...

Default file folder when inserting attachments Outlook 2007
Using Outlook 2007. When inserting attachments, the default file folder it opens to is My Documents. Is it possible to replace this file folder with one of my choosing? Thanks and have a great day! Donna I know the File location will always be the last place you went to. IE: If the last time you open a document in word was my documents the next time you go to open something it should be at the my documents folder to start. There may be a registry fix to adjust this, but I am not sure unfortunally and would not recommend it. What you might be interested in doing...

Changing AP Coding
Is it possible to change (correct) G/L coding of an A/P transaction once is is posted and paid? Thank you all in advance! No. Do a journal entry to correct the G/L part of the entry. -- Lyle U Todd wrote: > Is it possible to change (correct) G/L coding of an A/P transaction > once is is posted and paid? > > Thank you all in advance! Thank you. I was hoping there was a way. It would be much cleaner in the G/L if it would show as an A/P transaction. Todd "Lyle U" wrote: > No. > > Do a journal entry to correct the G/L part of the entry. > > --...

New OE download keeps removing attachments
PLEASE - can someone help me? I got an e-mail form Microsoft saying a new download was available to update my Outlook Express from 5.5 (?) to 6.0 - I clicked to download and have been upset ever since. EVERY e-mail with an attachment comes with the attachment removed and a message saying 'OE has removed.......yada yada yada' These attachments are important to my business - I NEED THEM desperately. I have looked everywhere I can think of to try to downgrade the security level or to return to the old outlook that i had and can't figure out how to do that. Can you help...

Counting changes in fill colors for cells
I am a fairly new user to Excel and need to know if a cell fill color can be used to count as a quanity Depending on what you mean... See XL help for conditional formatting and/or see Chip Pearson's pag on subject of color and UDF (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm), though the latter might b a bit too much for an XL beginner ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This would have been a reply from the newsgroup. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...