change default arrange by

Does anyone know how to change the default arrnage by from
Date to something else permanently?  I want all new
folders to automatically have the new Arrange By, but I
can't find where to change the default to a new default.
0
peter5391 (1)

Peter,

View settings are per folder and generally cannot be set globally.

Thanks,

--
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

"Peter" <peter@kokas.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to change the default arrnage by from
> Date to something else permanently?  I want all new
> folders to automatically have the new Arrange By, but I
> can't find where to change the default to a new default.

0
gregmans (163)

Changing IP subnet information on domain computers
is there a powershell script to change the subnet mask and gateway of some domain computers in one go. We have moved to a new network and i have about 40 servers whose subnet mask need to be changed and I am sure somewhere I read there is a powershell script which can change IP infomation. Can anyone advise. We are running all windows 2003 servers. Take a look here: http://www.powershellpro.com/powershell-tutorial-introduction/powershell-wmi-methods/ Marco "guv" <guv@> wrote in message news:efuDE9CzKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > is there a power...

CHANGING CASE #5
Is there a macro or formula that can be run to change the case of selected cells from lower to higher case letters? thank you for any help here Jerry Both: macro: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper Formula: =UPPER(A1) In article <OWnXQUDOIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "JERRY" <JERRY@HOME> wrote: > Is there a macro or formula that can be run to change the case of selected > cells from lower to higher case letters? > > thank you for any help here > Jerry ...

Changing the Default Activity Time
Hi I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like to reduce this to 5 mins etc depending on the Activity. Michael, You cannot do this in CRM by using the standard tools. You could try and edit the activity aspx page and use some client side scripting to change the picklist value at runtime. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Michael" wrote: > Hi > > I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. > The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like...

Default template management problem
Hi, I'm new to Excel, '03. I've set up a default template, book.xlt, in the xlstart folder, and excel is reading it properly. Now I want to add some macros. Problem is, when I open the VB editor, Insert a Module, then try to save it, the VB editor prompts me to save it as a new file rather than part of book.xlt. If I try to overwrite book.xlt, of course it won't let me because that file is still open in excell; if I try to first close that file the VB editor closes with it. So I'm stuck. Obviously I'm missing something basic. Thanks, p. Pauk Close Excel and workbo...

Change AutoFormat
Hi All, When you choose one of the AutoFormats for your report, can you make changes manually in the properties box? I was trying to change the height of my alternating background but I wasn't able to do it. Is this the "rule" of AutoFormat or is there a not too complicated way to make changes? TIA...appreciate it! ...

Combined bar/Line graph defaults to bar
In Excel 2007 I have a Combined bar/Line graph get it's data from a pivottable. Intermittently, when I change the pivottable filters, the combined bar/Line graph defaults to just a bar graph. I have tried 2 approaches with the same results - 1. Have the graph select each set of data from a range 2. Have the graph point generically at the pivottable and dynamically adjust itself -- Thank You in Advance, Michael Anderson Pivot charts are notorious for resetting their formatting when the table is refreshed or re-pivoted. What you have to do is change each series: right click on th...

Saving Emails and Address Book when changing OS
I am about to upgrade my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I am going to reformat my HD when I do it. How do I save my emails and adress contacts so I can reload them after I reload Outlook? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048601c3bc2f$0a7a2e10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

How to add default and anoymous permissions?
I was playing with my Calendar permissions and removed these. I cannot find any to add them back. Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. TIA...Bob ...

Excel chart data labels showing % change instead of value?
I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2 series. I would like this in a data label over series 2 on the chart, but all I can figure out to do is have the value labeled. Does any one have any suggestions? I'm believe I'm using Excel 2002. You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm "MFritz" <MFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29317BE2-4574-4623-8D5E-A3BA97B3FAE6@microsoft.com... > I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2...

Text Box Defaults
Hi, Im trying to set a text box Default Value to a public variable in my database I have set the Default Value to = MyVariable(60) but all I get is #Name? the variable is a variant and I have checked to see that whats stored in the variable can be entered into the text box. Help! Steve - Land Down Under Steve, Is MyVariable the name of a Function? If so, I would expect it to work as the textbox's Default Value, as long as its syntax is correct. I would suspect that the #Name? error may not be related at all to this Default Value property. It is more likely to be related to the ...

Auto-Fit Text Box as Default
In Publisher, can 1 setup "Best-Fit" in textbox auto-fill as default?? As it stands now, I have to go in and change it "per" document, but would like to have this always on for all my new docs Thank you H wood I don't know a way that you can do that. I am confused by the statement that you have to change it "per" document since it is a change that is made per textbox. The problem with making text boxes best fit by default is that they can't be linked to by other text boxes. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. "Hwood&...

changing paper size #2
I need to change an existing flier created in publisher from letter to legal size. When I try changing the paper size (under printer set up and page set up or change template size) the flier is spread out between two pages. I can only see the two pages in print preview, when I'm working on it I can only see one page. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks -- ln Publisher 2007? When you are finished creating your flyer, File, print, reset your page preferences on this print screen. There is a print preview on this screen, the preview should be correct with no tiling. -- Mary Sauer ...

How do I change the footer bar from count to sum for highlighted .
just changed to office 2007 and can't select a range of cells to immediately show the sum total on the footer stats bar Have you tried right mouse clicking on the status bar and then choosing the function(s) you want to see? 2007 allows multiple functions (e.g. Sum, Avg, Min). "RobEgg" wrote: > just changed to office 2007 and can't select a range of cells to immediately > show the sum total on the footer stats bar ...

Change Tab Without changing focus
Is is possible to change the active tab of a tab control without using ..setfocus? Based on what Machine a users selects in a combo box, I want to change the current tab to reflect the proper machine. This code is called from several different text boxes in their afterupdate event. But when I tab out, it sets the focus to the tab instead of to the next control. I want to change the tab, but then set focus to the next control. Thanks in advance. Change the Value of the tab control to the desired tab page's pageindex value: Me.TabControl.Value = 3 -- ...

Getting default Outlook email address
I'm writing a .NET app which will run on a local workstation where Outlook 2003 is installed. I simply want to get the default email address of the current user. I've figured out how to get a MAPI- style address (OU=etc) but all I want is the plain-jane address (me@here.com). Here's how I get the MAPI address: Dim oApp As New Outlook.Application Dim oNS As Outlook.NameSpace = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Dim oRec As Outlook.Recipient = oNS.CurrentUser Dim sMapiAddressHere As String = oRec.Address Any help is greatly appreciated. To get the SMTP address from an Excha...

Change view mode
Hi, My word 2007 open in Print Layout mode, how to I tell Word 2007 to open in draft mode for every document. SF To force all documents into Draft view, add the following auto macros to your normal.dotm (if you are already using auto macros, just add the lines of code to those macros): Sub AutoOpen() Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100 End Sub Sub AutoNew() Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentag...

Changing Business Units in CRM 3.0
Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most recent edits updated to system of record? On Jun 10, 1:44 am, KEO <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to > change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using > the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most > recent edits ...

How to set default formatting for pictures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I drop a screen capture into Word, it always puts it where I drop it. I guess it is automatically anchoring it. What I would like it to do it put it in at the insertion point, left justified, under the previous line. To get it to do this, I have to double-click each picture, select "Layout", choose Wrapping Style "In line with text" then choose radio "Horizontal Alignment Left", then click button "Advanced", and select Radio "Alignment" in the "Vertical" ...

Unsolicited Commercial Email default filter
I've seen this message in the event viewer. The Unsolicited Commercial Email default filter level has been updated. The new value is 5. The Source is "MSExchangeIS" The Category is "General" The Event ID is 9661 I can't figure out what's generating this message or what effect the 'default filter level' has on my mail system. I've looked at the Global Settings / Message Delivery properties but there are no rules defined there. I am running McAfee GroupShield 6.0 but haven't found any reference to this message within that software. Thanks for...

How to change the service config through program?
Hi, I am trying to change the configuration of the service SQLSERVER AGENT using the API ChangeServiceConfig. In that I am passing a new user name and password as arguments. That API returns successfully and I can change the StartType (AUTOMATIC,DEMAND_START etc) as well. But after that when I try to start the service using the API StartService, it returns the error like "The user doesn't have the permission to log on as a service". Why is this so? How can I change the configuration successfully through the program? When I set the User name and password(which I p...

problem with arrangement of fields in address block
my merge results look like this: "firstname,lastname,address1,city,state,postalcode." I am not able to click in and add spaces or punctuation. the address box formatting seems to be non-existent. Nor does matching fields have any effect on the data. please help me! What version Publisher are you using? What data program are you using for the merge? If you are using Excel have you titled the fields? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jankappes" <jankappes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04E04139-2532-482C-91B2-B657EBA6BF56@microsoft.com.....

Hyperlinking Excel to PPT address changes
Hi Folks! I am inserting a hyperlink in PPT 07 to an Excel file. I am creating the hyperlink address to be in the following format for Excel: Filename.xls#’worksheetname’!A1. I of course am using my own titles and cell referencing. However, when I create this address in the link, save the PPT file, close it, and reopen it, the address in the hyperlink address is changed to just Filename.xls and leaves off the worksheet and cell locations as well. The hyperlink address will not retain that info for some reason. Has anyone ever seen this? I am using PPT and Excel 07 with SP 2. Than...

open Excel formatted differently than the default format
I have a series of CSV files that ned to be converted to XLS and reformatted at the same time. Is there any way to click on the CSV file and have it open into a preformatted XLS spread sheet that can then be saved in the XLS file type? No, but you could create a macro that would open each of your .csv files, format it the way you want, save it (and repeat). Start a new workbook and record a macro when you open one of the CSV files. Continue recording when you format it. Then you can tweak the macro to look more like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim...

Auto colour change in cells?
Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so that entered data will be a differed colour from future days cells? Beemer Hi Beemer! Use Select the range that contains your dates Format > Conditional Formatting Cell value is Greater Than =TODAY() Format button Select format OK OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b3b4a29cbe5f8d39896a0@news.microsoft.com... > Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so > that > entered...

How to change color for worksheet tab?
I remember seeing this question posted before, but couldn't find it now. I have a workbook with a number of groups of worksheets. I would like to color code the tab name. How do I do it? Thanks, pac Hi if you have Excel 2002+ just right-click on the tab and choose 'change color'.If you have an older Excel version: not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany comp wrote: > I remember seeing this question posted before, but couldn't > find it now. > I have a workbook with a number of groups of worksheets. I > would like to color code the tab na...