Change Calendar Time Zone gets stuck

Hi,

I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps
getting stuck.  This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en

I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere in
the middle of updating 2300 appointments.

We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully
patched.  Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003).

Many thanks in advance,

Matthew

Did you use the official DST patch?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Matthew" <mappleNOSPAMPLEASE@inch.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps
> getting stuck.  This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en
>
> I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere in
> the middle of updating 2300 appointments.
>
> We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully
> patched.  Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003).
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Matthew

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/13/2007 6:51:55 PM
I used what I downloaded from Microsoft, so I assume it was official.

Here's more information, which hopefully will yield the solution.  This user
shares her calendar with another user.  The other user's computer had not
been automatically updating itself, it hadn't even gotten the OS DST patch.
Now it's updating itself.  I'm thinking that maybe this problem was caused
by the calendar being accessed by/shared with an unpatched computer.

I will post back the results, either way.

Thanks!!

Matthew

> Did you use the official DST patch?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Matthew" <mappleNOSPAMPLEASE@inch.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps
>> getting stuck.  This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en
>>
>> I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere
>> in the middle of updating 2300 appointments.
>>
>> We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully
>> patched.  Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003).
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>
>> Matthew

Sadly, updating the other user's computer had no effect on this problem.

I download the tool, run it, and it hangs at this window that says:

Finding appointments to update in 'Mailbox - Alice'
1523 of 2334 items updated.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

Matthew

>I used what I downloaded from Microsoft, so I assume it was official.
>
> Here's more information, which hopefully will yield the solution.  This
> user shares her calendar with another user.  The other user's computer had
> not been automatically updating itself, it hadn't even gotten the OS DST
> patch. Now it's updating itself.  I'm thinking that maybe this problem was
> caused by the calendar being accessed by/shared with an unpatched
> computer.
>
> I will post back the results, either way.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Matthew
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Did you use the official DST patch?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Matthew" <mappleNOSPAMPLEASE@inch.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps
>>> getting stuck.  This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here:
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en
>>>
>>> I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere
>>> in the middle of updating 2300 appointments.
>>>
>>> We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully
>>> patched.  Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003).
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Matthew

How do I change row height to 16.0? I get choice of 15.6 (26 Pix.
In an excel sheet I need the row heights to be 16.0. I select the rows and go to Format, Row, Height and type 16.0. When I check the row height it will be 16.2. I can take the cursor and try to change an individual row height and it will let me choose 15.6 (26 Pixels) or 16.2 (27 Pixels). I have changed the screen resolution and it did not help and I have tried to change print resolution but am only given 600dpi as a choice. Hi AFAIK 1 pixel is the smallest increment you can use. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jlloyd" <jlloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

Administration Time
We are currently evaluating whether or not to move to an internal mail server, Exchange 2007. We currently have pop accounts hosted by Web.com and have had several service interruptions over the past few months. How much administration time should be allocated to support 75 users per week, month, year? Just something to figure in for the total cost of operations. On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:06:03 -0700, Elliott <Elliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are currently evaluating whether or not to move to an internal mail >server, Exchange 2007. We currently have pop accounts h...

Calculate the number of seconds between two times
I need to calculate how many seconds are between two times, e.g. 8:08 AM start time and 8:44 AM stop time so I can use the result in a formula. The start and stop times are in neighboring columns. The formula would be result= number of counts / (Stop time-Start time) in seconds to give me a result in counts/second. On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:24:01 -0700, Budda Belly <Budda Belly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to calculate how many seconds are between two times, e.g. 8:08 AM >start time and 8:44 AM stop time so I can use the result in a formula. > >Th...

How to sort multiple sheets (which have same format) at one time?
I have a workbook with multiple sheets which have the same format. I need to sort all in the same manner. How can this be done. I noticed that the sort function is not available when selecting/grouping multiple sheets. I'm going to take you at your word and make a few assumptions. Taking you at your word: ALL sheets in the workbook need to be sorted. Assumptions: only 1 column is used to determine the sort order, and the sort is to be in ascending order. The following code will do that, and allows you to define which columns are included in the sort, and which column ...

RSS Feed of Exchange Resource Calendar...
Has anyone heard of, or figured out a way to produce an RSS feed from a resource calendar? We are looking to use this as a feed to our Digital Signage solution. Thank you in advance! Brad -- Bradley Johnson Systems Engineer Parallel Technologies Minneapolis, MN ...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

Change Contract Status
Hello, My CRM implementation does not change automatically the Contract Status from Active to Expired or from Invoiced to Active when the Contract End Date or, respectively, the Contract Start Date comes. This was happening also in the 1.2 version and now the same happens in 3.0 version. Any ideas? Thank you, Elena ...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

HAVING / Where time count / excluding any instance
Greetings this almost New Year's Eve, I have a set of data with open and close dates (for one person). I want to calculate the duration the person was open. But I can't do [close] - [open] because some of the closures are errors--you can identify an error if the next open date is the next month. For example, 5/16/2000 closures is an error--because reopened 6/27/2000. So really, I want to subtract 1/1/2000 date from final closure of that period--which is 4/25/02 Open Close 2/15/1990 4/20/1992 8/1/1995 11/12/1995 1/1/2000 5/16/2000 6/27/2000 12/7/2001 1/4/2002 4/...

How to get a development copy?
My company is a Microsoft partner, and we'd like to get a development copy of Dynamics GP. Unfortunately it isn't offered in the Action Pack. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get a copy of it? Thanks Hi there, There are a few options to get a "development" copy: 1. Get an MSDN subscription. All of the Dynamics products are included in that and you also get the SDK's for each, service pack, and additional development resources. This is probably your best bet. or 2. Sign an return an SPA and commit to becoming certified in Dynamics GP and you will recei...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Outbound messages got out of the IMC Queue and don't get their destination.
Hi My platform : Windows NT 4.0 sp6 Exchange Server 5.5 sp4 I will appreciate anyone who can give a solution to this problems : when our users sent e-mail out the company, I mean Internet those messeges never reach their destination. I monitor the IMC's queue and every messages got out of the queue, I found not error in the event viewer, neither I received a returned error from those messages, All I can say is that those messages desapear. Javier How is your IMS setup to deliver email? DNS, or SmartHost Click the 'Connections' tab and verify valid settings are in place ...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

how can you change a "bitmap" to a jpeg??
After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to JPEGS? "TRM" <TRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C091D7-377B-4F2F-A7BF-84794BC84F38@microsoft.com... > After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to > JPEGS? Get XnView or IrfanView. Both are free. Then use Save As and select the format. -- _________________________________________________________________ ******** Post replies to newsgroup - Share with others ******** Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to Subject. _________________...

sbs 2008 under Updates, "change the software update settings" crashes console
Running SBS 2008 SP2, fresh install with just a couple users, I noticed that under Security, Updates, in the Tasks window there is a "Change the software update settings". When I click this link, the "Software Update Settings" window appears for a split second then the SBS Console crashes saying "Windows SBS 2008 Console has stopped working" with these details: Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: console.exe Problem Signature 02: 6.0.5601.8497 Problem Signature 03: 4a612b8b...

Finding Time of idle remote sessions(RDP) in windows XP
Hi, Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in windows XP using powershell. Please help! Hi Rajeev, Plain TS or XenApp\Citrix? Martin "Rajeev" <s.rajeev3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4c8b150-79ff-4f0b-8d90-a13118c8eeda@z4g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in > windows XP using powershell. > > Please help! Its plain TS, using RDP In that case you should use Win32_LogonSession class and filter LogonType 10: http://msdn.microsoft....

Can I Invite a Public Calendar on an Email?
I would like to be able to add an appointment to my personal calendar and invite the public calendar too to get that appointment into the public calendar. I have read that this is possible because all public folders have an email address, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Thanks! right click on the pf calendar and choose properties - there is an option to add the calendar to your address book. you can also guess at the address - many times the folder name is the email alias - if its longer than 8 characters, try the first 8. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

shared calendar issue
We are using Outlook 2007. One of our users has read/write access to her manager's calendar. When she books a meeting from her manager's calendar, she always gets a message saying "this appointment already exists in calendar server". The appointment then goes into her managers' calendar but she does not get notificationthat the appointment has been emailed to attendees (it doesn't go in her sent box). Any help appreciated, -- Michelle ...

Domino and Exchange 2003 SMTP How do you run both at the same time ?
Currently my company is migrating from Lotus Notes (ver 5.010) to Exchange 2003 Server. I had the mx record for our domain changed to add the new exchange server and the priority is set the same as the notes server. I set it up this way because I was told that e-mail would check both servers and would go to the server which the user had an e-mail account on. I was trying to make migration easier by being able to move people to the new server in small groups instead of causing mass confusion and un-controlled anger at their favorite MIS guy... What happens is the exchange server sends a bounc...

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...