change an icon

I'm using XP Home.  When saving an email in 'Message format' within one of my
files,
the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder icon.  Can I change
the Outlook envelope icon for something else - what choices do I have and how
can I do it so that
the new icon becomes the default icon?
0
Eric1 (389)

> I'm using XP Home.  When saving an email in 'Message format' within
> one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder
> icon.  Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else -
> what choices do I have and how can I do it so that
> the new icon becomes the default icon?

Start - Run - explorer
Tools - Folder Options - File types Tab
Click on MSG and press the Advanced button.
Click on Change Icon...

These icons will be all the Outlook icons you have available.

There's also the icons in C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll,
as well as lots of other possible locations.

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

0
f.h.muffman (751)
4/28/2009 4:25:05 PM
On 4=E6=9C=8828=E6=97=A5, =E4=B8=8B=E5=8D=8811=E6=97=B642=E5=88=86, eric <e=
....@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm using XP Home. =C2=A0When saving an email in 'Message format' within =
one of my
> files,
> the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder icon. =C2=A0Can I=
 change
> the Outlook envelope icon for something else - what choices do I have and=
 how
> can I do it so that
> the new icon becomes the default icon?

Heya, how are you doing recently ? I would like to introduce you a
very good company which I knew. Their company homepage is www.ehermesol.com=
..
They can offer you all kinds of electronical products which you need,
such as motorcycles, laptops, mobile phones, digial cameras, TV LCD ,x
box, ps3, gps, MP3/4, etc. Please take some time to have a look at it,
there must be something you 'd like to purchase.
Their contact email: ehermesol@188.com
                  MSN: ehermesol@hotmail.com
Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company!
Regards
0
ehermesol (3)
4/28/2009 6:10:12 PM
Thank you FHM - will give it a go!

"F.H. Muffman" wrote:

> > I'm using XP Home.  When saving an email in 'Message format' within
> > one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder
> > icon.  Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else -
> > what choices do I have and how can I do it so that
> > the new icon becomes the default icon?
>
> Start - Run - explorer
> Tools - Folder Options - File types Tab
> Click on MSG and press the Advanced button.
> Click on Change Icon...
>
> These icons will be all the Outlook icons you have available.
>
> There's also the icons in C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll,
> as well as lots of other possible locations.
>
> --
> f.h.
> Microsoft Outlook MVP

0
Eric1 (389)
4/29/2009 9:54:03 AM
Hello again FHM  - tried your route and changed the icon - this new icon now
shown in the 'change' dialogue box heading - so change confirmed.  BUT this
has not gone to the icons in customer files - not even after a recent 'save
as' and re-start.  Any ideas why not?
Tks,

"F.H. Muffman" wrote:

> > I'm using XP Home.  When saving an email in 'Message format' within
> > one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder
> > icon.  Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else -
> > what choices do I have and how can I do it so that
> > the new icon becomes the default icon?
>
> Start - Run - explorer
> Tools - Folder Options - File types Tab
> Click on MSG and press the Advanced button.
> Click on Change Icon...
>
> These icons will be all the Outlook icons you have available.
>
> There's also the icons in C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll,
> as well as lots of other possible locations.
>
> --
> f.h.
> Microsoft Outlook MVP

0
Eric1 (389)
4/29/2009 10:38:01 AM
I have no idea why windows won't honor the change. Even deleting the icon
cache won't change it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello again FHM  - tried your route and changed the icon - this new icon
> now
> shown in the 'change' dialogue box heading - so change confirmed.  BUT
> this
> has not gone to the icons in customer files - not even after a recent
> 'save
> as' and re-start.  Any ideas why not?
> Tks,
>
> "F.H. Muffman" wrote:
>
>> > I'm using XP Home.  When saving an email in 'Message format' within
>> > one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard
>> > folder
>> > icon.  Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else -
>> > what choices do I have and how can I do it so that
>> > the new icon becomes the default icon?
>>
>> Start - Run - explorer
>> Tools - Folder Options - File types Tab
>> Click on MSG and press the Advanced button.
>> Click on Change Icon...
>>
>> These icons will be all the Outlook icons you have available.
>>
>> There's also the icons in C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll,
>> as well as lots of other possible locations.
>>
>> --
>> f.h.
>> Microsoft Outlook MVP

0
outlookmvp (5838)

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

how to change permission for public folders?
Hello there! First of all, I must say I'm very grateful for all good things I learned in this newsgroup. Now to my little question: I've installed plain-vanilla Exchange 2003 Server system with Outlook 2002 as clients. I imported users .pst files into their new Exchange-accounts and that works as a charm. But I don't quite understand what to do so that users will be able to share their adress books or contacts (the main reason why they moved from .pst to Exchange). When I mark "public folders" and try to create new item it says that i don't have permission to cre...

Automatically changing the range in a graph
I constantly add data to a spreadsheet and I want to only graph the last 24 data points with out constantly cahnging the graph range. How do I do this? Jon Peltier has instructions for a dynamic chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoLast12 Bret Davis wrote: > I constantly add data to a spreadsheet and I want to only graph the last 24 > data points with out constantly cahnging the graph range. How do I do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

allow change font while password pretected.
Hi all I have this sub below that I use, It works very well apart from one small thing. I would like to have a password in it. Also I need to be able to change the font colour and make bold etc. I have tryed adding it to the sub but it wont work, as the sub is now it works but users can go to the protection in tools and unprotect. If I add a password to the sheet I cant use the macro. Please help Regards Chris Sub InsertRowsSASDeck() Dim ar As Long If Selection.Interior.ColorIndex <> 36 _ Or Selection.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Unprotect ar ...

Change (reverse) scale axis
How can you change the direction of the numbers on the page scale. In other words, the scales are on the left and the top of the page. The left scale starts at zero on the bottom of the page and counts up. The scale on the top of the page starts at zero on the left side of the page and counts to the right. How do you change it so that the scale starts on the right and counts to the left? Thanks. You can't. The best you can do is move the zero point. Pause your mouse over the crosshairs in the ruler at the top-right for a tooltip on how to do this. So you could put the origin ...

Auto Format Change
Re Excel 2002. I have a colleague in accounts. She has a spreadsheet of bank details. She formats her sort codes to text (an example is 20-40-70) and then saves as a CSV file. When she then opens the CSV file, some of the sort codes have changed to dates (example 20/05/2016). It doesn't affect all the sort codes so what can she do? I believe I have just solved it! I have advised her to not format to text, just leave as general and this seems to do the trick. "DM" wrote: > Re Excel 2002. > > I have a colleague in accounts. She has a spreadsheet of bank deta...

Changing the default page size in visio2002
Hi all, I have set up a template for a series of flowcharts, which includes a foreground page, a background page and a specific stencil. I set the page size to A4 in the page properties (for both foreground and background pages) for the printer paper size and made the drawing "same as printer paper" size. Next time I created a new document from the template, the foreground, background and stencil are as expected, but the page size has returned to 'Letter'. Is there any way to make the default page size 'A4' and make it stick? I would have preferred something like i...

Money 2003 download desktop icons
Yes, I have a suggestion. Simply delete them and stop whining!!!! ...

changing disk quota via powershell
Good day, I need to change all the disk quota entries on a disk to increase the limit of the amount of space allocated in the quota. There are a few hundred users and changing them all manually is a nuisance. I found out how to print out the limits using a piece of script: get-wmiobject -class "Win32_DiskQuota" -namespace "root\CIMV2" -computername "." | foreach { write-host "Quota Limit: " $_.Limit} There isn't an equivalent set-wmiobject or anything I can see which will set the limit value so I really can't see how to do thi...

Formatting changed when received by version 97
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook XP. I am using Outlook XP with SP2 installed and using Word as my email editor. My problem is that when my emails are received by a 2000 or XP version of Outlook, all text is displayed correctly, but when a version 97 receives my mail then the font is changing mid sentence and extra blank lines are being added. The whole email look a complete mess. I know 97 only uses text and not HTML so something must be wrong with the way 97 removes the HTML tags. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix? TIA Mark It is not so much that Outlook 97 does not ...

Changing username using the registry.
I'm trying to figure out how to change a users -username- for Exce using the registry. I'm needing to change username's of people withou disturbing them -like anyone wants to know this- Any help will be greatly appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10
How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from utility --> Inventory on release 10.0??? Inventory Tile, then from the desktop Utilities->Adjust Cost Or Microsoft Dynamics GP->Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Adjust Costs -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mohamed Salah" wrote: > How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from > utility ...

Changing Case
Is it possible, as it is in Word, to use one button to switch the case of text (e.g. from Uppercase to Lowercase) within an excel document? I'm no professional, so sorry if this sounds a silly question. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks. There is nothing built into Excel to change the case of text. That would require a macro. I'm sure a Google search would turn up plenty if you want to go that way. Or look at the thread started in this NG 23 minutes before your post ("Change Text Case") for an example by Chip Pearson. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

calculating in a changing range
I am trying to find a maximum value in a range that will be changing (in starting position, and length). Here is an example, this is cells A1 to A13: 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 I want to find the max between zero points (In this case, there would be one max, and it would be 4). The number of zero points and the number of cells between them will change. Anyone have some idea of how to go about this, or anything to even get me started? Thank you! -- gkaste ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gkaste's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

Sort on Tab Change
Is there a way to trigger sorting of a column, when I change tabs? I have a dataset that I use for input and a different tab which is a leaderboard. I want to sort the leaderboard by high score every time I change to that tab. I currently have a macro button I click to sort by high score, then I have to click the leadboard tab. I'd obviously like to click the leaderboard tab and have the data sorted by high score. Just attempting to combine 2 steps. step 1 - Sort input form by highscore step 2 - open the leaderboard tab Thanks, Jeff right-click the ...

How do I change the color in a graph?
I want to highlight two columns (out of about 15) by making them a different color than the other 13 columns. I have done everything and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?? Hi, To manually change the colour select the columns and then click the specific column you want to format. Once the single column is selected bring up the format dialog by either double clicking it or pressing CTRL+1. On the pattern tab change the area colour. Repeat procress for the other column. If the columns to be coloured vary with the data the have a look at Jon's explanation of how to make conditional...

Changing the font color in an Excel footer
How can I change the font color in my custom footer? I can change other font attributes, but not the color. What am I missing? You're not missing a thing. With XL2002 and later, you can put a picture into the footer. If you have static custom text, you could use a graphic instead. In article <1AB2BF73-D216-49B4-9E47-AD79F5E09912@microsoft.com>, "Laura at Chelsea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change the font color in my custom footer? I can change other font > attributes, but not the color. What am I missing? Thanks JE ! ...

Change Fiscal Periods #2
Using GP 9 and the fiscal year ends 10/31. Changing the Fiscal year to a calendar year starting 1/1/08. What is the best way to handle in GP and are there any potential issues with doing this? Thanks You have two options. 1. If the current year started 11/1, you can extend it two months and have a 14 month year ending 12/31/2008. If the current year is named 2008, this is your best option. 2. If you cant do that and MUST restart a fiscal year 1/1/2008, then first shorten the current year to 2 months and create a new year. If the current year being shortened is named 2008, you...

Change calender design
Hi, I'm trying to make a calender for cristmaspresents but i'm not doing so well. I chose a pre-fab calender design in Publisher and now I can´t make my changes applyed for every month Please pardon my english I'm from Denmark and not used to write in english /Kiki Kiki what version of Publisher are you using? What are you trying to change every month? -- Whooups forgot to tell I'm using Office Publisher 2003 on XP Hi I would like to change the design to fit in larger pictures, but when I change the size of the calendarpart and ask to change the dates (in order to...

Web Query How do I change columns of the MSN Stock quotes table?
I want to add the opening price to the web query MSN Moneycentral Investor Stock Quotes. How can I adjust which columns are included in this table If you are talking about the MSN Money Stock Quotes that appears on the data menu, if you select that option, then Help, you'll get to a web page that has another link entitled MSN Stock Quote Function Reference (or something similar). It lists the information that's available and explains the syntax of the formulas. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:13:07 -0700, "BKM24" <BKM24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to add the...

Protection from format changes allowing form to be filled in
I have a questionnaire matrix to be filled in by others. I would like to protect the form from changes in format. However, others should be able to fill in the form by choosing from drop down list and/or writing in cells. The way I have been trying is: tools, protection, protect sheet, insert password, ok. Tried variations with contents, objects, scenarios boxes all ticked/partically ticked/blank. However, in all cases, the sheet becomes read only and does not allow to be filled in. Thank you for your help. Unprotect the worksheet (if you have it protected). Select the cells that the users ...

Changing the Width of Bars in a Horizontal bar Graph
Hi, I cannot seem to figure out who to change the width of each bar in a horizontal bar graph. Can someone please advise me as to how I could do this. Thanks in advance :) Double click the plotted series and in the resulting dialog box select the Options tab. In there adjust the 'Gap Width' value. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <E50AE3D4-394B-4561-8C72-023334E656AC@microsoft.com>, Ott1 @discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, I cannot seem to figure out w...

cell formula to change value by one
excel 2003 in ( I9 ) there is a value 1000 I want to be be able to + 1 on close can anyone help Hi Alan This will do it... Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Range("i9").Value = Range("i9").Value + 1 End Sub If you don't know where to place it.select the small XL icon to the left of the File menu on top, right click select View Code. that should bring you to the VBA editor in the Workbook Event module. Just paste the macro on the big white page. HTH Cimjet "Alan R" <mastergasfitter@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:fdc3a5b1-5da...

Shortcut to change window fails
In Mac Office 2004, I can cycle through open windows with COMMAND+` (the unshifted ~ tilde key). This works in Entourage and Word, but recently it's stopped working after a while in Word, but resumes working after I quit and restart Word. Any ideas why it quits working? Office Help says COMMAND+F6 switches windows, but I've gotten used to COMMAND+tilde. I don't know where I learned that, but I can do it with one hand and prefer switching that way. Thanks. Hmm, a mystery. Go into Tools | Customize, Keyboard, select Window in the left column, find Next Window (or Prev Window) in...

how to enable a GP user to add/remove/change other users??
We have a GP 2010 user who wants to add, remove, modify users, including which companies they can see. For now I'm forced to give her sa access, which is not good... How can I modify this user account so she can add/remove/modify users and configure which companies they can work on?? She already has PowerUser privileges but this is apparently not sufficient. Then I can change the sa password and keep that account safe... Thank you, Tom Follow these steps to enable POWERUSER to add/modify users: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/04/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-pow= eruser-role.html ...