Certain email not received

Hello to all of you,

One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me.  I'lm using
Outlook 2003.  My customer is also using Outlook 2003.  Since a few
weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003.
However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express.  The puzzling
thing is that all was working fine until the end of may.

I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they
are the same.  I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer
(with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem.  I must admit to
not understanding this problem!

Any idea as to what to try next?

Thanks!

Annie

It's not likely on your end. First thing that comes to mind is have your
customer check her Junk e-mail folder. I have had Outlook "suddenly" decide
that e-mail from someone should now be routed to Junk even after working
fine for a period of time. Don't know what the cause was...I just added that
address to the "Safe" list in Outlook and the problem went away.

Tim

<annie.courchesne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hello to all of you,
>
> One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me.  I'lm using
> Outlook 2003.  My customer is also using Outlook 2003.  Since a few
> weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003.
> However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express.  The puzzling
> thing is that all was working fine until the end of may.
>
> I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they
> are the same.  I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer
> (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem.  I must admit to
> not understanding this problem!
>
> Any idea as to what to try next?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Annie

0
Tim
7/5/2007 8:22:46 PM

--=20
Peter

"Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in message =
> It's not likely on your end. First thing that comes to mind is have =
your=20
> customer check her Junk e-mail folder. I have had Outlook "suddenly" =
decide=20
> that e-mail from someone should now be routed to Junk even after =
working=20
> fine for a period of time. Don't know what the cause was...I just =
added that=20
> address to the "Safe" list in Outlook and the problem went away.
>=20
> Tim
>=20
>=20
> <annie.courchesne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message=20
>> Hello to all of you,
>>
>> One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me.  I'lm using
>> Outlook 2003.  My customer is also using Outlook 2003.  Since a few
>> weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003.
>> However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express.  The puzzling
>> thing is that all was working fine until the end of may.
>>
>> I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they
>> are the same.  I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer
>> (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem.  I must admit to
>> not understanding this problem!
>>
>> Any idea as to what to try next?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Annie
>>=20

0
okf221 (388)
7/5/2007 9:05:05 PM
Tim

The problem is that the email is received at the client end  but with =
Outlook Express. Since Outlook is not receiving it and is installed at =
the clients end but is being received by Outlook Express I suspect that =
this issue rests at the client end by the client having Outlook Express =
installed as their Default email client. They will need to switch the =
Default email client over to Outlook.

Very hard to tell when there is not enough information as how the =
clients set up is set.

--=20
Peter

"Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in message =
> It's not likely on your end. First thing that comes to mind is have =
your=20
> customer check her Junk e-mail folder. I have had Outlook "suddenly" =
decide=20
> that e-mail from someone should now be routed to Junk even after =
working=20
> fine for a period of time. Don't know what the cause was...I just =
added that=20
> address to the "Safe" list in Outlook and the problem went away.
>=20
> Tim
>=20
>=20
> <annie.courchesne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message=20
>> Hello to all of you,
>>
>> One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me.  I'lm using
>> Outlook 2003.  My customer is also using Outlook 2003.  Since a few
>> weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003.
>> However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express.  The puzzling
>> thing is that all was working fine until the end of may.
>>
>> I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they
>> are the same.  I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer
>> (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem.  I must admit to
>> not understanding this problem!
>>
>> Any idea as to what to try next?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Annie
>>=20

0
okf221 (388)
7/5/2007 9:10:02 PM
Peter and Tim,

I had already looked at her Junk mail and that's not the problem.

Peter : I saw that you also reply on my french version of this
email... thanks.  I will indeed check to see which program is used by
default.  Fortunately, I can do all this from the confort of my home
with a VPN connexion to her computer... makes it quite easier to do
some testing!

Do you thing it could be a that Outlook needs to be compacted?

Thanks again!

Annie

"Tim" wrote in message
> It's not likely on your end. First thing that comes to mind is have
> your customer check her Junk e-mail folder. I have had Outlook
> "suddenly" decide that e-mail from someone should now be routed to
> Junk even after working fine for a period of time. Don't know what the
> cause was...I just added that address to the "Safe" list in Outlook
> and the problem went away.

Ah, the benefits of using someone else's Bayesian database for junk mail
filtering.  Every so often Microsoft shoves another spam database as a
Windows update.  The database is obviously not one that you created that
reflects your personal history of experience regarding spam but someone
else's (i.e., a database that Microsoft built, not you).  That means it
is entirely possible that the externally generated Bayesian database has
a set of weighted words or phrases that happens to trigger on what are
good e-mails for you.

I didn't bother upgrading to OL2003.  No bang for the buck and I have
better anti-spam solutions than what Microsoft stuck in OL2003.  Isn't
there a way in OL2003 to mark a mail that got shoved into the Junk
folder as "not spam" to remove or reduce the weighting of the trigger
words so that future similar mails don't get similar identified as spam
(i.e., doesn't the user get an option to unmark a mail as spam and
unweight the database)?

Also, maybe the OP should check the Blocked Senders list.

0
no626 (84)
7/6/2007 1:02:33 AM
Annie

Compacting has nothing to do with this. First check what I asked and let =
me know. After we can see what else is the next step.

--=20
Peter

"AnnieCMA" <annie.courchesne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message =
Peter and Tim,

I had already looked at her Junk mail and that's not the problem.

Peter : I saw that you also reply on my french version of this
email... thanks.  I will indeed check to see which program is used by
default.  Fortunately, I can do all this from the confort of my home
with a VPN connexion to her computer... makes it quite easier to do
some testing!

Do you thing it could be a that Outlook needs to be compacted?

Thanks again!

Annie

On 5 juil, 17:10, "Peter Foldes" <o...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Tim
>
> The problem is that the email is received at the client end  but with =
Outlook Express. Since Outlook is not receiving it and is installed at =
the clients end but is being received by Outlook Express I suspect that =
this issue rests at the client end by the client having Outlook Express =
installed as their Default email client. They will need to switch the =

> Very hard to tell when there is not enough information as how the =
clients set up is set.

> --
> Peter

> "Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in =
messagenews:D40A417A-009D-46FE-A93F-9B88C58AB2BD@microsoft.com...
> > It's not likely on your end. First thing that comes to mind is have =
your
> > customer check her Junk e-mail folder. I have had Outlook "suddenly" =
decide
> > that e-mail from someone should now be routed to Junk even after =
working
> > fine for a period of time. Don't know what the cause was...I just =
added that
> > address to the "Safe" list in Outlook and the problem went away.
>
> > Tim
>
> > <annie.courche...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> >> Hello to all of you,
>
> >> One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me.  I'lm using
> >> Outlook 2003.  My customer is also using Outlook 2003.  Since a few
> >> weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003.
> >> However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express.  The puzzling
> >> thing is that all was working fine until the end of may.
>
> >> I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and =
they
> >> are the same.  I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer
> >> (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem.  I must admit =
> >> not understanding this problem!
>
> >> Any idea as to what to try next?
>
> >> Thanks!
>
> >> Annie- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

0
okf221 (388)
7/6/2007 2:49:11 AM
Also, check the rules.

One other thing to check is if OE is set to delete email from the server
then Outlook would not be able to get the message

--

Neil

"Vanguard" <no@mail.invalid> wrote in message
> "Tim" wrote in message
>> It's not likely on your end. First thing that comes to mind is have your
>> customer check her Junk e-mail folder. I have had Outlook "suddenly"
>> decide that e-mail from someone should now be routed to Junk even after
>> working fine for a period of time. Don't know what the cause was...I just
>> added that address to the "Safe" list in Outlook and the problem went
>> away.
>

> Ah, the benefits of using someone else's Bayesian database for junk mail
> filtering.  Every so often Microsoft shoves another spam database as a
> Windows update.  The database is obviously not one that you created that
> reflects your personal history of experience regarding spam but someone
> else's (i.e., a database that Microsoft built, not you).  That means it is
> entirely possible that the externally generated Bayesian database has a
> set of weighted words or phrases that happens to trigger on what are good
> e-mails for you.
>
> I didn't bother upgrading to OL2003.  No bang for the buck and I have
> better anti-spam solutions than what Microsoft stuck in OL2003.  Isn't
> there a way in OL2003 to mark a mail that got shoved into the Junk folder
> as "not spam" to remove or reduce the weighting of the trigger words so
> that future similar mails don't get similar identified as spam (i.e.,
> doesn't the user get an option to unmark a mail as spam and unweight the
> database)?
>
> Also, maybe the OP should check the Blocked Senders list.

0
neil154ABCD1 (116)

Email Merge???
Since Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel can be used together to do a "Mail Merge" can Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel be used to do an "Email Merge"??? Of course. There's no other way to do a merge to email. -- Russ Valentine "Ksean" <Ksean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFEFB1F1-9AA2-4975-A82F-6AD44B3F3DE4@microsoft.com... > Since Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel can be used together to do a > "Mail > Merge" can Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel be used to do an "Email > Merge&qu...

Disappearing email #2
Dear Jeff, I'm apologize if I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't see the item(s) on the View menu which determines whether or not all messages are displayed... Steve >-----Original Message----- >Go to the View menu and make sure that you're view is set to view all >messages. ...

Email address validation
It seems that in CRM 3.0 I am forced to enter a proper email address in any email address field. This imposed by the application. We have situations where emails bounce or contacts do not actually have an email address. Our technical support folks are under business rules to secure an email address when they are servicing a contact. Therefore, any case worked in a given month is checked to see if the email address was obtained. In cases where mails bounce or there is no email address, their convention is to enter "bounce" or "no email" in the email address field. In...

importing email to a new computer
Hi, I'm trying to move a substantial amount of emails from a PC to my new lap top. As the size of the email folder is larger than one CDROM I can only copy specific files at a time. However, when I try to import these files, the program does not recognize them. Any hints on how simply to move my emails from one computer to another? Best, Cameron Outlook or Outlook Express? Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot Outlook Express: Backing Up, Recovering and Restoring OE5/6 Files a...

Outlook 2003 email problem
:confused: I have recently uprated my system and have Office 2003. I cannot get outlook 2003 to accept e mails. Previouly I had outlook express with btinternet and this worked fine. When I first loaded the system up at a friends home it all worked including recieving e-mails. Now it will not recieve them. I've sent test messages and have no errors up when they go but they do not come back. I can see them by logging onto the BT site and accessing them from there. My internet connection works fine, it is just as if outlook is ignoring any messages. The internet conection is through a dial ...

Tracking email messages
Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all incoming/outgoing email messages. How can we set this up with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages stored in one mailbox. Thank you Create it and they will come. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173 On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:49:29 -0700, "Michael" <mjimenez@genesis-consulting.net> wrote: >Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all >incoming/outgoing email messages. How can we set this up >with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages >stored ...

Problem with resolution of CRM contact emails
Hi, Our system seems to have a problem with contact email addresses. When Outlook autofills CRM contact emails it sometimes does not resolve the email, only the contact name. I'm finding it difficult to replicate this problem, but some of te CRM users have definitely experienced it. Has anyone met this scenario before? (and does anyone know what to do about it???) Thanks! Tom ...

Deleting an outbox email without opening Outlook.
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2002. There is an email that seems to be stuck in my outbox and has been sent 54 times to the recipient! If I try to delete the email from the outbox I get an error message saying that it is unable to delete and please restart outlook to rectify the problem. This doesn't help at all. Once Outlook is restarted the sending process will start all over again. Is there a way that I can delete the email without opening Outlook so that when I start the program next time there is nothing in the outbox. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Sonars UK. ...

Choose which email address to send from (2003 in Exchange Mode)
I am running Exchange 2003 which is handling multiple domains. So my clients are running Outlook 2003 and a few users have an email address from more than one domain that they recieve from. Besides changing the primary smtp address in AD U&C is there a way to select in outlook which email address or domain to send from? In the mail message window, have the user select the account from the Accounts dropdown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Saving Emails and Address Book when changing OS
I am about to upgrade my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I am going to reformat my HD when I do it. How do I save my emails and adress contacts so I can reload them after I reload Outlook? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048601c3bc2f$0a7a2e10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Can mark unread email as "read"
My Outlook 2000 mailbox (connecting to a Exchange 5.5 Server) displays two unread mail items, but all items have been read. Marking all items as read does not unmark them. Any ideas? Doesn't help. The unread message shows up and cannot be marked "read". "Cris Spencer" <Outlooktech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#12FBGjUDHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > View, current view, Unread messages? > > > "Spin" <spin@spin.com> wrote in message > news:bfpipi$hpdjh$1@ID-156865.news.uni-berlin.de... > > My Outlook 2000 mailbox ...

Route email from second exchange server
I'm not sure if this is possible but any help would be appreciated. I am in the process of migrating Exchange from one server to another and would like to test the second server before taking the first one offline. I plan on following the steps outlined in KB822931 but I'm curious if I can have both servers coexist for some time just in case something goes wrong. Here is my current setup. Server1 OS: Standard 2003 (Upgraded from SBS using transition pack), Exchange 2003 SP2 Server2 OS: Standard 2003, Exchange 2003 SP2 Server2 has AD (replicated from server1), DHCP, DNS. W...

automate email from MS Access
I have email addresses in an Access table that i want to drop into a "to" field of a a new message - can i automate this? CAn i also do it for an email i have saved as draft or canned message? Hi Adam As long as you can display the address in a text box on a form there's no problems. Have a look at this post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/d027ec1c58326b5a/f4e7f6921bed3101?lnk=st&q=#f4e7f6921bed3101 -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Adam" wrote: > I have email addresses in an Access table that i want to drop in...

Best solution for email groups across 2 domains?
Hi, In our organisation we have 2 domains in the same forest with a 2 way trust. We have two physical sites (A and B) which are wan linked and are about a mile apart. We have been mainly using site A and recently users and moving to site B as the company grows - so we are migrating users to site B (which is quite easy and proven to work ok so far). Now the problem we are having is with email lists. A member of domain B cannot be a member of an email group in Domain A and vice versa? I believe this is by design? What is the best way around this. In short we have a department that ...

Assign email from queue to group of users using workflow
Here is what I am trying to do: 1. Email comes into queue (customer service) 2. Workflow assigns email to personal queue of a representative based on either round-robin or whoever has least in their personal queue. I cant seem to figure out either and was looking for a bit of a nudge in the right direction. ...

Outlook 2007 says 'no email program associated'
I have just updated from Windows 7 RC to released version; trying to install Office 2007 Enterprise. Outlook starts but gives me the following error message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I thought Outlook was the email program?? It will not allow me to set up an email account (the Email Setup panel appears but nothing happens when I click the Email accounts button) On 3/1/2010 4:56 PM, lorie wrote:...

How do I convert email addresses to clickable links? #2
I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable links to email. -- Rick Wetzel Rick, Highlight the range you wish to add email addresses to, then, switch to your VBE environment by pressing Alt-F11 and go to Immediate Pane by pressing Control-G and enter the following command for each rng in selection:rng.hyperlinks.add rng,"mailto:" & rng:next http://HelpExcel "Rick Wetzel" wrote: > I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable > links to email. > -- > Rick Wetzel ...

old email addresses replaced by new will not allow owa access
Hello all, We have changed our email format from first initial last@XXX.com with firstname.lastname@XXX.com I went to remove the old email address for my account. once I did that I was not able to access OWA. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. How do you log on to OWA? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rollin West" <Rollin West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF891802-5928-4E91-9F64-1AC93EB6E45A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > We have changed our ema...

Outlook 2002 For Email
I am unable to manage email through Outlook 2002. I have added my email address properly (selecting tools, add email account, etc.). My settings - user name, logon, POP, SMTP are correctly inserted. When I send the "test message" return "messages" indicate everything should work fine. I even receive a test message from Microsoft on the web-based version of my email (SBC Global). However, when I go into Outlook and attempt to send an email message, nothing happens. The screen remains visible. The messages I have attempted to send remain in my "drafts&quo...

Way to restrict emails sent to large DL's to send after hours?
We've got a bandwidth issue at one of our larger offices that needs either a local Exchange Server or more bandwidth as emails sent with attachments to DL's that encompase all the users in that office (150+) brings their PC's to a grinding halt as all the users PC's have Outlook displaying it's trying to connect to the Exchange Server. Emails sent to those same DL's without attachments do not have this effect. Until I can get a local server installed or the bandwidth issue resolved we would like to restrict when emails can be sent to large DL's but the only...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

Problem with Outlook and Comcast Email Synchronization
Hi! The following is a chat I had with a Comcast rep about my problem: Patrick > Thank you for contacting Comcast. This is Patrick K. Patrick > How may I help you? Robin > Hi Patrick Robin > I have had problems with linking my Outlook 2000 with my Comcast email account Patrick > Are you unabel to send, receive, or both? Robin > I have tried using the FAQs and still does not work Robin > Both Robin > I get error messages Robin > A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. (Account: 'mail@comcast.net', POP3 Server: 'mail.co...

Publisher document in email breaks up
I created a publisher document. Some images, text boxes, word art, etc. I email, in body of email, email preview. All looks good. When recipient gets message it looks like a puzzle all messed up. blocks, borders, pieces of pictures not making any sense. ...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

Getting default Outlook email address
I'm writing a .NET app which will run on a local workstation where Outlook 2003 is installed. I simply want to get the default email address of the current user. I've figured out how to get a MAPI- style address (OU=etc) but all I want is the plain-jane address (me@here.com). Here's how I get the MAPI address: Dim oApp As New Outlook.Application Dim oNS As Outlook.NameSpace = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Dim oRec As Outlook.Recipient = oNS.CurrentUser Dim sMapiAddressHere As String = oRec.Address Any help is greatly appreciated. To get the SMTP address from an Excha...