Cant use word as e-mail editor

If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options,
I get following message: "This form requires Word as your
e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be
found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor
instead."
I de- and re-installed Office XP complete but issue is
still occuring.
0
anonymous (74722)

If you open Word, normally, does it run?

0
anonymous (74722)

Cannot download attachments using OWA
Exchange Server 2003 w/SP1 on Windows Server 2003 I have one user who is cannot save or view attachments via OWA. She experiences this problem using her Windows XP SP2 laptop at work or at home as well as on her machine at home. The attachment works fine when she opens the email via Outlook 2003. The error she gets when she tries to save the attachment is: "Internet Explorer cannot download Dept Reports.doc?attach=1 from mail.mydomain.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later....

how to set up e-mail in Outlook.
I have been trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook. The help section says that there is an option under the tools menu to set up an e-mail account, but it's not on my computer. Yes, I'm sure! Can anyone help me? Or is Outlook just the poorly made sequel to MS word? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes....

Should I Upgrade from 2000 to 2004 so I can use Pocket Money?
I currently use MS Money 2000 standard with no problems. I also have an iPaq 1945 that I'd like to use Pocket Money with, but can't since I'm using 2000 on the desktop. I have a paid copy of 2004 standard (came with new PC). Is it worth upgrading (converting the .mny file, having my bank 'upgrade' my profile to use online banking, etc.) to 2004 just so I can use Pocket Money and sync with my iPaq, which has Windows Mobile 2003? Any opinions? Is Pocket Money + desktop Money worth the hassle? Or, is Quicken + Pocket Quicken a better combination? I'd really l...

Setup Outlook Rule to use Import --will not work when sending email from Adobe
Hello, Can anyone please help me figure out why an Import box will not automatically pop up whenever we 'cc' our document management program straight from Adobe? We have set up a Rule in Outlook to automatically open the Import so we can index our document into the right category by using the cc. However.... Some of the user's computers will not work with Adobe in having this box automatically open like it does if they were sending from Outlook. I have tried in vain to find where the changed setting is but to no avail. Why will Adobe not work with Outlook (or vice versa) in...

GP editor looking at wrong server
Recently we moved our AD environment from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003. When I open AD Users & Computers it shows it as being on our W2K3 server. I installed Group Policy MC . When I edit an object, GP editor looks like it is editing objects on our W2K server. How do I fix this? Thanks, Don Don, This is a Dynamics GP (as in Great Plains, not Group Policy) forum. However, to confirm you are editing objects on your Win2K server, shut down the Win2K server or bring it offline for a few minutes and attempt to edit again in the GP editor. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

error while sending mail to external accounts
hello, I'm trying to send mail from Exchange 2003 Server account, to hotmail. And its not working. Does any one have a clue, what do i need to do in this regards. Thanks, Sam. What errors/NDRs do you get? Provide the exact message. Does this happen for all outbound mail? Sam wrote: > hello, > I'm trying to send mail from Exchange 2003 Server account, to > hotmail. And its not working. > Does any one have a clue, what do i need to do in this regards. > > Thanks, > > Sam. this error occurs for all the out bound messages. And i get an automated rep...

turning a report into an html page using 2007
I'm using access 2007, does anyone know how to turn a report into an html page where all my subreports and clickable buttons would be active ...

how to save incoming mail in TRUE csv format
I have a script in Outlook 2007 that automatically saves incoming emails to a folder as a txt. Simply changing my code to olCSV does not comma separate the values. How can i convert this to a csv format? Is it possible? Obviously I'm a real newbie. Thanks in Advance or all/any help! here's my code: Sub saveemail(myItem As Outlook.MailItem) myItem.SaveAs "c:\mail\" & myItem.Subject & ".txt", olTXT End Sub Matt Outlook has no native ability to turn text into a csv file. If you want to do more than save the message as a .txt file, you...

Exchange 5.5 Mail Looping in MTA
I have an Exchange 5.5 sp4 Organization with multiple sites. Recently I've noticed e-mails with large attachments (over 2MB) have been looping in the MTA. These are e-mails moving between sites over X.400 connectors. They will transfer back and forth between two sites and never be delivered. Small e-mails without attachments are still delivered. The size restriction on all servers involved is 15MB and none of the e-mails exceed this. Anybody seen or heard of anything like this before? Thanks. Kevin ...

How to save "versions" of a Word document?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel In Word 2004 I could save "versions" of a single document, but that feature is missing from Word 2008. (In fact, when I go to save those older documents in the new format, it erases all the older versions of the document.) How can I save versions of my documents in Word 2008? Do I need to create separate document files for each one? Yes - save the individual versions as separate files. MS dropped the Versions "feature" on both the Mac & the PC because of it's unfailing tendency to corrupt fil...

Adding a highlight color to commented text in Word 2007
When I receive documents from other people, they have comments attached to large sections of text. Frequently, I want to be able to use the highlight feature to identify specific passages for other reference. Unfortunately, once text has been "commented" the highlight color remains invisible unless/until the comment is deleted. This is really, REALLY annoying. I've googled with as many different word combinations I can think of. But the results never address my specific inquiry. [I already know how to add a comment and I already know how to highlight, thanks. 8) ] ...

Word file Prints with huge lower border
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a 200 page document ready to be shipped to print. Although "Letter" is selected in Page layout, the display seems to be A4 and the .pdf has large right(extra 2") and bottom margins(extra 2"). This is an international project, so multiple files have been combined. Have updated all printer drivers and tried different printers. Not sure what to do next. It sound like you've been using Track Changes and/or Comments in the document which have not yet been resolve...

Outlook 2002, Earthlink DSL & Yahoo! Mail Plus
I'm using Outlook 2002. I have Earthlink DSL and a Yahoo! Mail Plus account. I'm able to configure Outlook 2002 to send and recieve e-mail via Earthlink mail, but not with Yahoo!. I've set the outbound server to mail.earthlink.net and the inbound server to pop.mail.yahoo.com. With this I can send e-mail, but I can't recieve it. Everytime Outlook tries to logon to the inbound mail server, it fails. I've checked and rechecked the username and password and that's not the problem. The authentication setup is wrong. Earthlink (and others) will not send mail via a...

Exchange not getting mail from webform.
This should be a fun one. I have 2 servers, a SBS 2003 standard and a Debian web server on "my" internal network. I have a php web form that is a contacts page for the external site. So, if you go to www.client.com/contact_us.php you are routed inside the firewall to the Debian box. From there you fill out the form and click submit. At this point everything should work fine. I have created a zone internally for client.com so that they can get to thier website from the inside and mac laptop users can use entourage when in the office. If the recipiant of the webform is user@c...

DIRECT MAIL BROCHURES
I'M LOOKING FOR A TEMPLATE FOR A ONE-PAGE SELF MAILER. PLEASE EMAIL TO VDAVIS@LITHIA.COM THANKS. Typical lazy person to ignorant to get off their lazy butt. Hopefully all the spammers will harvest your e-mail address. You must be fifty grapes short of a bunch!!! - UNBELIEVABLE the trash that manages to find their way here. (1) Lower your caps please. (2) We don't generally send private responses. (3) If you gave us a few details about what you're looking for, we may be able to help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GINNYZ" <GINNYZ@discuss...

Use Outlook With SQL Server 7!
I have recently installed MS-Outloook 2000 in my Win 2000 Professional system. I want Outlook to be the default mail client so that I can send mails from SQL Server 7 but when I start Outlook for the 1st time after installing it, I am facing problems. As soon as I start Outlook, the 1st step gives 2 options to select from -Microsoft Exchange Server & Internet Email.Since I want to use Outlook solely for sending mails from SQL Server, I select the former. The next step prompts me to enter the MS-Exchange Server & the Mailbox. This is where I am getting stuck. What do I enter as the MS-...

Missing mail from folders
After reading mails , these are stored in Documents under sender's name. Lately these disappear from therein. There is no task schedule to do this, no settings have been changed, there is no trojan. The set up is the same as in Out.Exp. , that never happened there, but in Live mail it does . Any clues anyone ? I assume that after reading the emails, you have moved the messages in a storage folder. WLMail offers various standard 'viewing' options, which include: Show all messages Hide read messages Hide read or ignored messages You can also create any number ...

Node(s) for Loding Credit Card info using eConnect?
We use the "Payables Transaction Entry" & "Payables Transaction Entry Distribution" screens to load Credit Card data. We can get the data in a spreadsheet and wish to load them directly using eConnect. Can someone point me to the node or nodes for loading this Credit Card data into GP 9.0 using eConnect? DavidM: If you are looking to populate credit card type of information on a payment right on the invoice - you would look at these fields in the taPMTransactionInsert procedure: @I_vCRCRDAMT - the credit card amount @I_vCCAMPYNM - the credit card payment number...

Copy and Paste a formula as Values in a fixed Range as a loop statement using VBA
I have 3 work sheets i.e. a "Summary" sheet, a "Phase1" and a "Phase2" sheet The Phase1 and Phase2 sheets are a result of certain parameters that are entered separately for each of the Phases that produces the results in them. All the 3 sheets have fixed ranges and they are A2:AC151, the dates are within the range C3:AC150 for each Phase. All the 3 sheets have the same structure something like this A B C D E SAP NO CostCenter Dec-03 Jan-04 Feb-04 422100 DTF-Office 60,000 186,000 174,000 422140 DTF-Office 40,000 124,000 116,000...

Cannot Download Hotmail e-mail onto Entourage
Hi, Does anyone know how to download Hotmail onto Entourage. I'm new to the ways of the Mac, so I'm at a loss. Everytime I try to download it, I keep getting the message that says that it cannot download the folders - Error 1500. Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks, Nigel Hi Nigel, In Entourage X there are two ways to approach this depending upon how you like to organize your stuff. One way is to create an entirely different identity (I suggest this one). From the "Entourage" menu choose "Switch Identity" (or press Option+Apple+Q) In the "Entourage...

Exchange 5 & Outlook 2003
Hello -- I hope you can help with this problem I've just started having at a small site. The server is NT 4, running Exchange 5, service packs applied. Emails are received via POP3 and placed into the users' exchange mailbox. Recently we upgraded the workstations from Office 2k to 2003. Everyone likes the new Outlook, but it's giving some serious problems. The main problem is quite a few messages (maybe 5%) show up in Outlook with either a blank 'From' in the main screen or no internal text when you open the message, or both. As an example, we may get an email that sho...

Deleting zeros when mail merge
I have a SS that I am attempting to mail merge into Word to create labels. When I do the beginning zeros on the zip codes are deleted, no matter what way I format them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I saved this post from Debra Dalgleish (and someday I'm gonna use mailmerge!): ============== In Word, after you have inserted the Merge fields, press Alt+F9, to view the field codes. In the field code for the Zip Code, you can add a switch to format the number. For example: { MERGEFIELD "Zip" \# "00000" } Press Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes, t...

Sending HTML e-mails
Hi, I created an HTML page with images and I'd like to send it as a page within the body of the e-mail. According to the online help I'm supposed to put the page in the address bar and then in Actions click on send page as e-mail but that option isn't in the Actions toolbar. Is there another way to do this? See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In n...

Gen Question: when to use a Child Workflow?
HI, I am new to workflows, about 10 under my belt. I am setting up a few new ones; 3 different things I want to happen when an Opportunity is Won. Should I set these up as Parent/chilren, or just set up 3 different Workflows based on the Opportunity status changing? What is the advantage to using Parent/Child workflows and can you give me an example of when I should do that? Thanks! -- Laura Barber <If I have helped you in some way, please click ''Yes'' on the post. Thanks!> Just wanted to add details: When opportunity is won I want: 1. New case added to syste...

Upgrading OutlookXP to Outlook 2003 Using GPO
I'm trying to get every client on my network on the same version of Outlook and I'd like to know the most efficient method for upgrading to 2003. I have a logon script setup and although it works, I don't think it is the most effective way. Tips? ...