http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B3B824DC-3C9B-4B1B-8EF3-611B6CAA6941@microsoft.com...
> Hi I hope somebody may be able to help im new to outlook and now I cant
> start
> outlook message says cannot open your default email folders pst file its
> too
> large as I cannot open outlook I cannot delete old folders

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4359 (20090822) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
bens1 (1425)
8/23/2009 6:42:57 AM
Your PST file is oversized. Microsoft Outlook 2002 and earlier
versions limit the size of Personal Folders (PST) file to 2GB.
Whenever the PST file reaches or exceeds that limit, you will not be
able to open or load it any more, or you cannot add any new data to
it. This is called oversized PST file problem. More detailed
information can be found at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problems/2gb-pst.htm

You can use Advanced Outlook Repair to solve the problem, by either
converting it into Outlook 2003 format ( http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problems/convert-2gb-pst.htm
), or splitting it into smaller pieces ( http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problems/split-2gb-pst.htm
)

http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ contains the detailed information about