Cant send urls, pages

Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail.

It is probably something simple but I am not seeing it
~Thank
Michele
0
anonymous (74722)

Katmido <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting
> websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I
> went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail.

Include the URL in a plain text message and it will get through.  Don't send
it as an attachment.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/30/2004 2:25:53 PM
I have the same problem with OL 2000 and using a plain text message does not
solve the problem.  Even with plain text the URL gets "highlighted" as a
link and OL will not send it.  If I stick a space after http and before //
the highlighting disappears and the message goes OK.  Is there a better way
or do I have to continue with this Mickey Mouse fix?

Thanks,

Jay

"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> Katmido <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting
> > websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I
> > went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail.
>
> Include the URL in a plain text message and it will get through.  Don't
send
> it as an attachment.
> --
> Brian Tillman
> Smiths Aerospace
> 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
>
> I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

Limiting results per page
I have a report that has a subreport in the footer. I need the report capped at 28 rows per page because the subreport (rotated 90 degrees with the rotated lable control) is going to get pushed out at 29 rows. Also 28 rows is what we want for the deposit slip. Regardless if we want it or not though sometimes we are going to have more than 28 fields which will wreck the way we want the report to look. How can I either limit the report to 28 rows or better yet make the 29th row start row 1 of next page (keeping in mind though that I need the subreport to not move to the 2nd page)? ...

Tractor Fed label roll gets 3.3 inch feed at end of page? How do.
Once again I begin what seems like a simple project and reality hits me with a two by four on the back of the head. THE ISSUE: Continuous form, custom product and serial number label for our products that feeds a Page Break at the end of the page in letter size page. I’ve used the Label Wizard and I defined the label as continuous, yet after 6 labels that print perfectly, I get a feed of 3.375 inches. I’ve looked everywhere in Access and I cannot find a way to override this automatic feed. THE SOFTWARE: Access 2002 SP3 THE PRINTER: Okidata Microline ML591, Dot Matrix 24 Pin, Rear Tra...

Sending mail #14
I have just decided to give Outlook a try. I have set up the account and am receiving mail. However I am unable to sent mail. It just sits in the outbox and clicking on send doesn't help. I have been using OE and have imported the address book. Any suggestions would be appreciated. what errors does it report in the send/receive dialog? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

i cant reply to all
I just started with Outlook and when i press the "reply to all" button it only adds one e-mail, the first from the list. How can I reply to all e-mails at once? Ana Lu wrote: > I just started with Outlook and when i press the "reply to all" button it > only adds one e-mail, the first from the list. > > How can I reply to all e-mails at once? You cannot reply to all *e-mails*. You can only reply to all *recipients* of one e-mail. ...

Getting rid of "fax" numbers when sending e-mail
I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my "Contacts" folder as my address book. Whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook always asks me to choose which address I want for the contact, and it brings up both the e-mail address and the fax number. So I have to go through an extra step almost every time of choosing which I want. Is there any way to stop it from bringing up the "Fax" number? See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Lee Daum wrote: > I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my > "Contacts" folder as my add...

Home Page of 2005
Noticed that there is no provsion to allow more than two Columns in Money 2005. The Money 2003 interface was better than this. In microsoft.public.money, "Ganesh Raja" <Ganesh Raja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Noticed that there is no provsion to allow more than two Columns in Money >2005. The Money 2003 interface was better than this. 2005 home page is better because I can better control and limit what is displayed. ...

Copy URL to clipboard
I'm in the habit of saving the content of posts which interest me to a file for that purpose. I'm thinking I might be slicker just copying the URL Just one thing though, how long will posts be available to view, is there a time period when older posts can no longer be viewed? How do you guys keep your info organised? Thanks I keep mine disorganized. Some in Notepad text files, some in MS Word text files and some in an Excel file that I use when responding to newsgroup postings. They are in no particular order and as I grow older, my memory of where specific files are gr...

Page Break in Excel 2000 Professional
I have Office 2000 Professional installed. I am unable to move page breaks in Page Break Preview. I have no idea why this is a problem now. I had always been able to adjust the page breaks using Page Break Preview. Why am I having this problem now? I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject. P.S. I'm also having a problem with Word in the same suite. It unexpectedly quits when I open a spanish language document. Anyone have any clues why? Either of these could be the source of your problem. You have two or more sheets grouped. Right-click on a tab to "ungroup" OR ...

Outlook 2003 rules, check messages after sending, not working
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 (from 2000) we are experiencing problem when using rules and sending messages from other applications (a attachment) We have some rules defined that check messages after sending, dependin on certain words in the subject, the message is moved to another folder This works with no problems when sending messages via outlook but whe sending (as attachment) with word, for example, the message does no get moved. This worked with no problems in Outlook 2000. Also still occurs afte SP2 installation. :( Any advice would be appreciated -- rowland -------------------...

CRM 3.0 crm Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router
HI all, i send the email from CRM to other people. but no have any recipient received the mail. i go event viewer check, no have any error msg found. my CRM 3.0 Server is install in computer a, Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router is on another server. what can i do to find out the what cause the email can't send. any help will be greatly apprieated. Hi, When i run Rule Deployment Wizard - and apply the rule to accounts, then i run Rule Deployment Wizard -and verify the rules. all users get the error message "The rule is apply but is not enabled" what does this mean? a...

what's the shortcut key for 'go to next page' ?

"you don't have appropriate permissions..." when click on Send/Receive
Outlook 2003. One of my users is getting the following error message when he clicks on the Send/Receive button: "You don't have appropriate permissions to perform this operation." He has two e-mail accounts set up (as we all do). One is an IMAP setup to the University e-mail server. The other is an Exchange Server account to a server in our local college domain. He can select the Inbox of either account, and then do Send/Receive ..."This folder" without error. Furthermore, the periodic Send/Receive on both boxes works without errors. If he attempts to select S...

multiple page banner
Does MS Publisher allow to make banners that are 'double' wide. The ONLY thing I can see is the pages can ONLY be put serially. That is wether in portrait or landscape, the pages in the banner join to extend the length. I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double rowed (2 pages wide). BQ Super_BQ <Super_BQ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double > rowed (2 pages wide). You will want to use a custom page size - set the height to the height of two pages min...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Unable to send message
When trying to send a message to a certain email address get this error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 22 Sent: 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Ron Home' on 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Water Office;l=WATER_NT2-041201134322Z-92 Any help would be great, Ron T. On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:10:25 -0500, "Ron T." <rtuell@haverhillwater.com> wrote: >When trying to send a message to a certain email address ge...

position of chart on page moves when outline expands
Hi, I have two charts I have made to the right of a budget table. The top chart is positioned near the top of the page, the second, a smaller summary chart is just under the first one. Problem is, the Budget table is an expandable outline that can expand by dozens of rows. When in expanded mode, the second chart moves way down off the visible page and is only viewable by scrolling, unless I collapse the outline again. The first chart is anchored at the top where little expansion takes place, thus little movement. Is there any way I can prevent this second chart from moving down when ...

Outlook not sending messages
Hello there I am having an issue with Outlook XP and what happens is when I create a new message and send it, it will go to the Outbox and wait there. It will send as soon as I click on the Outbox itself or another folder within outlook today. Any ideas why it doesnt just go to the recipient right away? Thanks for any help provided. wieck Are you using exchange server? your firewall is causing problems with NAT. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vi...

Printing only ONE PAGE of a mutltiple page email
How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an answer. Candy Candy wrote: > How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I > can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an > answer. > > Candy > Candy, I use Outlook 2002, an when I File/Print, a dialog comes up that lets me select the printer, how many copies, and which pages to print. I'd select page 1 to 1 and say OK. If I just click the print butt...

Autoflow, columns and multiple pages
I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow into the columns but link the columns together for multiple pages? Or is that even possible? Thanks in advance! MV >-----Original Message----- >I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to >figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 >columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow int...

Currently no help is associated with this page.
I use Excel 2003 on Vista. A couple of days ago, I was getting this response to many helps such as F1; Search VLOOKUP; Click VLOOKUP. The problem went when I rebooted and tried again. I am hit again by this problem. I googled without finding anything. The problem seems to be with access to "local" help; Internet help is still found. Again, a reboot cured the immediate problem. I googled again and got 2 hits. Neither went anywhere effective. I would appreciate an explanation and a less destructive fix. Thanks! -- Walter Briscoe Some versions of Excel allow you to enabl...

Aute Send E-mail on Outllok 2003
I have Outlook2003. Is there a way for me to setup outlook to automatically send out an e-mail? For example: I need for outlook to automatically send out an e-mail to my my personal e-mail on the 1st of every month to reminding me to e-mail my CEO the monthly report for the last month. I do not want to setup a reoccurring calendar reminder, i need an e-mail... Thank you for any assistance... -- ::YoungAdmin AtreyuLohan:: ::YoungAdmin:: <ljorge@icnships.com> wrote: > I have Outlook2003. Is there a way for me to setup outlook to > automatically send out an e-mail? With ...

Will not send but will reply..
I have Outlook2000 ...and I have a strange issue. I can recieve emails and reply to emails but I cannot send a new email? What happens when you try? Any error messages? If so, what are they (exact text please)? Also, what kind of mail account are you using...POP3/SMTP? IMAP? Other? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1672f15a.0402211238.2022f074@posting.google.com, J.C. wrote: > I have Outlook2000 ...and I have a strange issue. I can recieve ...

Issue with Insert Safari URL's v1.0.1 or My Web Page
This message is for Barry Wainwright: I have sent you two email and I suspect my ISP (att.yahoo) trashed them due to your personal domain name for email. Please send me a message to arkay at qsl.net and I will try to reply with the message that ATT trashed. ===== I have been using your Insert Safari URLs v1.0.1 with Entourage 2008 12.2.3 under OSX 10.6.2 for some time and works great until I quote my personal web page. I may have an html error in my web page header and would appreciate your comments. The format that looks correct when it goes out via Entourage but is hos...

Invalid page fault excel 97, win98
Hi, I have a workbook which is a database with entries via a vb form. It crashes when I make an entry, it seems to have something to do with the data on the sheet, if I load an old backup it works fine, then if i cut and paste records from the new sheet into the old one it then starts to crash in the same way when I then start to add records. Any ideas what may be causing this? Many thanks, Rick ...

How many millimeters in creation mode versus page mode?
If the left margin is 10 millimiters on page mode of a report, what would be the number of millimeters in creation mode from the left side of the sheet on 0 (zero)? We need to fill up a government form (US Letter size). Thank you. "Telesphore" <PleaseNoSpam@NoSpam.net> wrote > If the left margin is 10 millimiters on page mode > of a report, what would be the number of millimeters > in creation mode from the left side of the sheet > on 0 (zero)? I don't understand what you mean by "what would be the number of millimeters in crea...