cant send some emails - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F)

I have had this problem with outlook in both Office xp and 2003.

Sometimes it simply wont send the odd email, sends others and leaves ones it
doesnt like in the outbox.

Sometimes if I create a new email and copy the contents it will send it -
sometimes not.

How do I fix this problem?

Task XXXX - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)
e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive
this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider
(ISP).  The server responded: 554 mail server permanently rejected message
(#5.3.0)'

Thanks
Mark

0
news7455 (4)

Mark

I went throug that yesterday. Sent messages were going to Outbox. Here is what I did to fix the problem. Go to Control Panel, open "Mail". Select "Properties." Delete and re-enter your information. Don't overlook the password (that was my problem). Select "Connection" and check Incoming (POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) listings are correct. Select "Advanced" and see that your Port Server for Incoming (POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) are correct. Mine are 25 and 110. Close. Go to your mail program and send a test email. If you have configured properly, test email will not go to the Outbox.  If It does, go back to Control Panel, Mail, delete all your settings and re-enter them. Then send another test email That should do it

duxinar
Co-Conspirator of Make the World A Better Place

     ----- Scious wrote: ----

     I have had this problem with outlook in both Office xp and 2003

     Sometimes it simply wont send the odd email, sends others and leaves ones i
     doesnt like in the outbox

     Sometimes if I create a new email and copy the contents it will send it
     sometimes not

     How do I fix this problem

     Task XXXX - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP
     e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receiv
     this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provide
     (ISP).  The server responded: 554 mail server permanently rejected messag
     (#5.3.0)

     Thank
     Mar

0
anonymous (74722)
3/5/2004 7:11:06 AM
This has not made any difference

Just to clarify the problem - it sends some emails and then the odd one it
wont send.  It is still sending and receiving email while refusing to send
some other emails.

Mark

"duxinaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mark,
>
> I went throug that yesterday. Sent messages were going to Outbox. Here is
what I did to fix the problem. Go to Control Panel, open "Mail". Select
"Properties." Delete and re-enter your information. Don't overlook the
password (that was my problem). Select "Connection" and check Incoming
(POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) listings are correct. Select "Advanced" and see
that your Port Server for Incoming (POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) are correct.
Mine are 25 and 110. Close. Go to your mail program and send a test email.
If you have configured properly, test email will not go to the Outbox.  If
It does, go back to Control Panel, Mail, delete all your settings and
re-enter them. Then send another test email That should do it.

> duxinaro
> Co-Conspirator of Make the World A Better Place
>
>      ----- Scious wrote: -----
>
>      I have had this problem with outlook in both Office xp and 2003.
>
>      Sometimes it simply wont send the odd email, sends others and leaves
ones it
>      doesnt like in the outbox.
>
>      Sometimes if I create a new email and copy the contents it will send
it -
>      sometimes not.
>
>      How do I fix this problem?
>

>      Task XXXX - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing
(SMTP)
>      e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to
receive
>      this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service
provider
>      (ISP).  The server responded: 554 mail server permanently rejected
message
>      (#5.3.0)'
>

>      Thanks
>      Mark

0
news7455 (4)
3/5/2004 10:28:55 AM
Mark

Do you have multiple e-mail addresses? Did you recheck Properties for each address. I just had a  message revert back to the Outbox and I know my settings in Properties are OK. I then re-clicked "Send Receive" and the message was sent. I see from reading a few posts that others are experiencing similar problems in Outlook 2003 and other Outlook programs. I have multiple e-mail accounts with different POP3 and SMTP settings. My question is why is the "Send" being selective about certain messages. Perhaps a MVP can enlighten us both. Curious, isn't it

duxinar
Co-Conspirator of Make the World a Better Plac

0
anonymous (74722)
3/5/2004 12:41:06 PM
For some reason, the server to which you're trying to submit the message
doesn't like the message.  Could you turn on diagnostic logging in your
Outlook 2003 (see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post
the OPMLog.log file (preferably as an attachment) after you get this error?
I'm not sure that it will provide more information, but there's a chance.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Scious" <news@scious1.com> wrote in message
> I have had this problem with outlook in both Office xp and 2003.
>
> Sometimes it simply wont send the odd email, sends others and leaves ones
it
> doesnt like in the outbox.
>
> Sometimes if I create a new email and copy the contents it will send it -
> sometimes not.
>
> How do I fix this problem?
>

> Task XXXX - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)
> e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive
> this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service
provider
> (ISP).  The server responded: 554 mail server permanently rejected message
> (#5.3.0)'
>

> Thanks
> Mark

0
stephenson (1246)

Wfica32.exe Error
Hi Has anyone seen a Wfica32.exe error, when working with Great Plains in Citrix environment. I did explore the Citrix web site and noticed that this error is certainly related with Citrix but couldnt get a further lead on how we cant prevent it. Strangely enough there are more than 50 users accessing Great Plains through Citrix and the error occurs only for a single user (as far as I know). This error just shuts down Great Plains abruptly and citrix session hangs as well. Any help / idea will be appreciated. Regards Samit Sounds like a problem with the ICA client on the users PC. Since ...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Crash on 'Send"

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

DNS Error on Exchange

error 0x800cc0f

Incoming email slow to come in

error on upgrade: ID 4386

Distrebution List to send as internal user
I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails sales@mydomain.com it should... Distribute it to the sales team. Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com Any ideas? Thanks Peretz Stern wrote: > I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails > sales@mydomain.com it should... > > Distribute it to the sales team. > Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com > > Any ideas? Thanks If someone outside your office sends mail to a DL, it will be from the original sender. I can't think of any way around...

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...