Cannot view email

HI,

     I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have
exchange server running from another server. I cannot open
any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled
and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services
in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to
view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook
freezes.

What can I do next

,Gates
0
anonymous (74722)

Repeated Emails
I have an exchange server 2003 (as part of small business server 2003) which on the whole works fine. The Server is set to receive emails directly (ie not using the pop3 connector) All Mail flows in without any problem. But if emails are addresses to 3 or 4 people within the company (either in the To or the CC) each person receives the email 3 or 4 times. Can anyone please tell me why? Many thanks Jay we have seen many times dublicated e-mails for some of the users, where others wont experince dublication. Main reason for dublicated e-mails is outlook rules, so did you check to see i...

Help -- I can send out email
I am able to receive all in-house email and internet email but I cannot send out internet email == cannot reply to clients.. AAGHH.. Can someone help me. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? Do you get errors when you try to send? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Mary AK" <business@gcae.com> wrote in message news:010f01c34648$15421db0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am able to receive all in-house email and internet email > bu...

not receiving email
I have not been receiving email from my Exchange server for 12 hours now....I checked my connections and their OK. I checked my "space" and there is plenty. I can send emails via my Outlook client through the Exchange server...but I don't get messages I sent myself through my yahoo account. I have never had a problem of this nature and am unsure about what to do.....HELP!!!!! sportsbyholly@yahoo.com (Tom) wrote in news:3bad11cf.0401271331.25e91dc8 @posting.google.com: > I have not been receiving email from my Exchange server for 12 hours > now....I checked my connections ...

About using CDO to send email within Excel
Hello Excel Experts: Urgent help is required from you IT guys. I need to send emails silently within Excel using VBA, and the following code doesn't work for me (the code is found from PaulSadowski.com): Sub Mail_Small_Text_CDO() Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim strbody As String Dim Flds As Variant Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message") Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults Set Flds = iConf.Fields With Flds .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/conf...

unable to open email links
I am unable to open links in the emails that I receive within MS Outllok 2000. Please help ??? Xplorer <info@mdrsolutions.co.za> wrote: > I am unable to open links in the emails that I receive within MS > Outllok 2000. What happens when you try? Have your reset the web browser registry settings? In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings. -- Brian Tillman Are these links to files or websites? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our desti...

Using multiple pc's with email account
Hi, Has anyone got help for the following: I would like to setup 3 computers with outlook, using the same email account. If someone send us a email, it must show on all 3 computers...ok that is the easy part, got that figured out. Now say one of the users reply to a email, is there a way of letting the other 2 outlook users know that that specific email has been answered/read? Ok, so just to clarify, the idea is that if one user replied to an certain mail, the other users must know that they don't have to reply. Using outlook 2007, Win XP. thanks for any help! -- Derick "Deri...

Duplicate emails in Exchange 2003
Hi, One of my users (out of 30) is getting occassional duplicate messages from KNOWN recipients - they come in usually at the same time, or maybe 1 minute difference (but not always)...and the message has a legitimate subject and body. We use Exchange 2003 on Win2003 using Outlook 2002 client and we do NOT use PST for email storage. Any idea? Should I run an offline defrag will that help?? Any tools I can run to see if her mailbox is bad?? Thanks. Dale We have an open call with Microsoft. I will let you know how it goes....if they can figure it out! "Dale" wrote: &g...

Need to block emails based on content
Following the latest virus/worm, my Exchange server is overrun with CIA/FBI/"I've a new email address" type of emails. I already have IMF installed but this tool is not maintained and updated well. I am looking for a good solution to block emails based on their content and send them to the Junk folders. Something that would work hand in hand with IMF or in concurrence with IMF would be nice. Thanks a bunch! In news:43947528$0$3765$39cecf19@news.twtelecom.net, Nicolas Verhaeghe - White Echo <nospam_nicolas@whiteecho.com_nospam> typed: > Following the latest ...

Outlook 2000 Client not automatically receiving emails
I have 2 users on my network that, for whatever reason, cannot have emails pop directly into their inbox They have to click on an old email and then the new ones appear. Send/receive does not bring up the new emails either, only when they click on an old email. These are both XP Pro SP2 machines and the firewalls are disabled. Any ideas on what is causing this, is there a way to force outlook to refresh itself with Exchange? Thanks in advance Dale Sounds like something is blocking the UDP packet that notifies outlook when a new message has hit the mailbox. I would look for another fir...

create distribution list from email
I am trying to use addresses in an email to create distribution list. The addresses in the email have the display name format [lastname, firstname] and when I paste them into the distribution list address window it seems to interpret the comma in the display name as a delimiter. The display names are all separated by semi-colons but it rejects even a single address with this display format. Is there any way I can extract both the display name and email address (or even just the email address) to form a distribution list? Or to clip it into Word or Excel? (When I try to clip them in...

Backup your Outlook Email to Gmail
Using the new IMAP feature of Gmail, you can backup your Outlook PST file to Gmail quite easily. http://www.labnol.org/internet/email/export-outlook-email-to-gmail-pst-backup/1938/ Cheers. ...

Cannot send email from 2007 docs
window comes back saying cannot log on the microsoft exchange to access your address book. Doug Robbins replied that registry may need updating - mine is set as he described this applies both the .pdf and xps docs I'm using 2007 set for using. doc and xls - as lots of my recipients cannot open 2007 default docs Is this the reason, if not any ideas please -- dcsrowans "dcsrowans" <dcsrowans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD35E7BA-ABC2-4C55-AC5F-0E53DDA812FB@microsoft.com... > window comes back saying cannot log on the microsoft e...

crm 3 email template, date & time
how can I add the current (system) date & time to a crm 3 email template? ...

Can you copy email addresses in to new column out of Hyperlink column
I had been using Excel worksheet as my contacts manager. It contains columns last name, first name, addr, tel, and Email address(as hyperlink). I am trying to import this data into outlook. Unfortunaltey Outlook requires email addresses as text field and Hyperlink field. Any clue, how I can copy addresses out of hyperlinks through full column into new column with email address as Text only P Dear PM Try this... Select and copy the entire column of hyperlinked email addresses, then in your new column paste special, values. this should hopefully do the trick. Hope this helps Paul Fal...

VB5 MAPI trying to send an Email with Outlook
I have a VB5 pgm that uses MAPI to send emails to customers. Everything works fine when "Outlook Express" is installed on my XP computer. When I replaced Outlook Express with "Outlook 2002", it appears that my pgm sends emails out just fine, but when I click Outlook I get an error message "System Administrator: None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient." What is wrong and how can I fix this? Thanks for your help, Dennis Permissions, maybe? I'm only answering this post because no one else has, in the hope that I might ...

associate an email address with an email account?
ol03. i have several email accounts, which i use for different purposes. is there any way to associate a particular address with a particular account. so that, when i send email to person Y, it automatically goes through account Z? rather than having to remember to change the account manually? No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jeffrey" <astro46@excite.com> wrote in message news:HcMQd.31140$by5.8324@newssvr19.news...

Email display names in Outlook 2000 SR-1
I send email to a single recepient or multiple recepients that are listed in my contacts folder. When the message is addressed, I'd prefer the name in the To: field shows the name of the person, not their complete email address. Is this a view setting in the contact or the address book? Is this related to a resolved or unresolved name setting? I'm trying to prevent the full email address from being displayed to protect from spam when forwarded and viewed by non-Outlook recepients. It is related to the Display Name, which you can only access and change manually in Corp/Workgr...

Entourage 2004 duplicate emails, won't delete
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3340830994_4274895 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I'm running Entourage 2004, am set up using IMAP folders and I have an issue that shows up like this: 1.) many of the email messages I receive come in only partially, or as broken envelopes, no matter what size the emails are. 2.) Many emails will show up as 2 or more copies. Most of my email comes in as duplicates or more. ...

forwarding filtered email
Does anyone know how to automatically forward filtered email from my Inbox to another account when I travel? I can use Rules to automatically forward all email but there doesn't appear to be an option to limit the forwarding to just the Inbox. Thanks for any assistance yoy can provide. ...

Two notifications appear for one new email
Can anyone identify why I get two email notification alerts when only one new email arrives? Using MS Outlook 2000 on WinXP machine Thanks. Maybe I solved my own problem...I turned off email notifications, rebooted, and turned it on later. So far so good... Still happening...two email icons display in the system tray as well. And sometimes after reading the new email, one of them disappears while the other remains displayed in the system tray...any ideas? ...

Repetitive Assignment Update email Notification to all resources instead of the updated ones.
We are facing this issue on the project server, The software config of the same is Microsoft Project Server 2007 Version 12.0.0.4518, Project Professional 2007 & SQL 2005 sp3 9.00.4035 When we create a new project and assign task to resources (from project professional 2007) and later save and publish, the assigned resources get an email notification of their task and even they can view the same on the PWA site. Also the project is successfully saved and published on the Project Server. However when we open that project again in Project professional 2007 and add or edit any...

email #71
How can I check my email on Microsoft Outlook when I am traveling? If you have Outlook on Laptop, use your ISP Roaming service (If available) or use wireless network such as T-mobile Hotspot, or Free Broadband network service from Hotel (If available) or find free hotspot (If available). otherwise you need tell detailed info, what do you have and what do you want to do. "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF92C5E-4992-4BEF-9EFB-1194084E26BC@microsoft.com... > How can I check my email on Microsoft Outlook when I am traveling? ...

view image in email
I am using Outlook 2007 as my email account and find that I cannot open pictures sent in emails. I only get emails from trusted sources as my email address has been kept to few people. I have tried several options including the use of the "Tools", "Customise" tag with various settings but to no avail. I still just get the box with the red X in top left hand corner and no right click option to view the image. Does anyone have any ideas. Thank you "Stewart" <him@invalid.supanet.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23UsxuPxuKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05....

Email Addresses Policy, CCMail, X400, MS..
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C46401.DFA7FD90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am wondering if I can delete CCMail, x400 and MS from my recipient = policy? I am running an exchange 2003 organization not yet in native = mode but there are no ex5.5 systems and no plans for any.. Also could = anyone explain what these additional addresses do? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C46401.DFA7FD90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pri...

Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation