cannot turn on out of office assistant

does anyone know how to get the out of office assistant
to work in outlook 2002?  i have followed all of the
troubleshooting and have downloaded all the available
updates and nothing works.  I would really like to get
this to work before i go on vacation!  please help!!!
0
danil (1)

Are you connected to an Exchange Server?  If not you will not have that
option.

If you're not on Exchange you can emulate it.  See

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830

OL2000: (IMO) How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260987

OL2000: (CW) How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311107

OL2002: How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant

Be aware however, that to emulate the OOOA effectively you have to have your
internet connection always on and you have to leave Outlook always open
while you are away.

"dory" <danil@tds.net> wrote in message
> does anyone know how to get the out of office assistant
> to work in outlook 2002?  i have followed all of the
> troubleshooting and have downloaded all the available
> updates and nothing works.  I would really like to get
> this to work before i go on vacation!  please help!!!

0
cj6178 (257)

ERROR:Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working
I am runing Microsoft Office Professional 2003 on Vista Home Premium. all programs work perfectly (including Outlook) except every time I close Outlook I get the following message. Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Close Program. When I click on Close Program, the error box goes away. Other than the error message upon closing Outlook, the program works fine. I deleted and ...

Try & Buy Office 2008
If you've been waiting for a trial version for Office for Mac 2008, you can now download a copy from Mactopia. More information on international launches will be provided as they are launched. The Office 2008 for Mac Trial is a downloadable, fully functional 30-day trial of Office 2008 for Mac. Unlike the Office 2004 Test Drive, all functionality will be enabled, and reminder pop-ups about the trial will only appear when an application is launched. <http://tinyurl.com/d5cgua> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage H...

Office 2003 #3
does Excel 2003 allow one to edit macros created in Excel 4.0 macro language Hi Randy, > does Excel 2003 allow one to edit macros created in Excel > 4.0 macro language > Yes it does. There is no Help for the XL4 macro language though. You can insert a macrosheet by rightclicking a sheettab and choosing Insert. Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:19:00 +0200, Jan Karel Pieterse <jkpieterse@netscape.net> wrote: >> does Excel 2003 allow one to edit macros created in Excel >> 4.0 macro language >Yes it does. There...

Virtual PC not yet in Office 2004 -- what to do?
Hello, I wonder if anyone has any info that can help... I want to upgrade to Office 2004. But I need VPC and it isn't in the current versions. If I upgrade to Office 2004 now, will there be a way to get the version with VPC when it comes out without paying for the upgrade all over again? Thanks, Gary Robinson http://www.garyrobinson.net ...

Difference between Word startup folder and Office startup folder
I copied a .dot file into the Office 2007 startup folder. When I tried to run the macro from Word 2007 I got a "disabled macros" message. When I moved the file to the Word startup folder, I was able to run the macro without any difficulty. (The .dot file contains a macro that I only use in Word 2007.) Is this a bug? Is there a reason to put a .dot file in the Office startup folder as opposed to the Word startup folder, or vice versa? Thanks. Templates in the Word and Office startup folders are loaded automatically when Word starts, however the Office startup f...

Publisher Assistance Needed
How do I type over text in Publisher? Insert key does not work. ...

Office v.X Error with Network login
I have 3 brand new G5 macs with Panther 10.3.4. I have installed Office v.X and get errors when launching the applications. Sometimes word will quit right after splash screen. Sometimes it will end with an error saying not enough memory or disk space. Excell gives no errors but will not launch. Power Point launches then gives a permission error right after splash screen. Logging in as root or system admin works fine. The main issue is that i am logging into the computers using Active Directory accoutns and authentication. I have tried repairing permissions with no success. any help w...

upgrading from office x to 2004
Hi, I'm upgrading from Office x to Office 2004 and am finding that the installer doesn't import the preferences (autocorrect, auto text, etc.) to 2004. When I look in ~/library/preferences/microsoft I find 2 versions of all the preference files (Powerpoint Settings (10) &Powerpoint Settings (11)). How do I import the previous versions preferences? Thanks Hi mc, For Word--see the discussion on this page: http://word.mvps.org/mac/BackUpPrefs.html Scroll to the bottom for "installing a new version" section, then you'll have to read the discussion at the beginning/m...

Office Home & Student install on 2nd computer
I'm on the road and want to install the 2nd of my 3 licenses on my new laptop. My wife has emailed me the license key #. How do I download the software/Where do I enter the license key? You do not download the software. You need to use the same install media that you used on your 1st install. You will enter the key when you start the install from the original media -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "ghostman" <ghostman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Office 2003 and Windows 7 12-27-09
Can anyone tell me if Office 2003 will work with Windows 7 64bit ? Thanks ...

Remove part of Office 2007
Is it possible to remove Outlook 2007 from Office 2007 without doing a complete uninstall, reinstall? I'm not sure what to do at the screen which appears if you select Add or Remove Features and then Continue. A reinstall would put you back to current, unless you did a custom installation, which would bring you back to what you see now Locate Outlook, on the current screen, and select unavailable/run from disk "ChrisSDB" <ChrisSDB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3030ACF3-DA19-4C4B-BA5F-4D0EE8059FAE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to rem...

2 problems with Office XP Outlook
Hi >Hope someone can help with 2 problems, both related to >Outlook 2002. Firstly, there are two users on our >computer and we've found that when one has logged off, >the other user has to restart to be able to connect to >their e-mail server (pop3 and smtp). Trying to download e- >mail without restarting causes an error stating that >the "e-mail server could not be found" or "could not >connect to e-mail server". After restarting, e-mail can >be downloaded without problems. >Second....starting Outlook for the first time after &g...

Problem after uninstalling Office 2004 test drive
After unistalling Office 2004 test drive, double clicking on office = files no=20 longer automatically open the appropriate office application. Does = anyone=20 know how to fix this, short of reistalling Office v.x? In article <211101c48d77$a73c5470$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After unistalling Office 2004 test drive, double clicking on office files no > longer automatically open the appropriate office application. Does anyone > know how to fix this, short of reistalling Office v.x? Have you tried standard OS X ...

Microsoft Office 2004 WEB COMPONENT
Hi, Will Microsoft OFFICE 2004 have the WEB COMPONENT Tool for SAFARI or INTERNET EXPLORER? Bye. In article <4002DCAE.C4F567EA@prova.com>, prova <prova@prova.com> wrote: > Will Microsoft OFFICE 2004 have the WEB COMPONENT Tool for SAFARI or > INTERNET EXPLORER? That hasn't been announced yet. However, since the Windows Office Web Component uses ActiveX technology, which doesn't work on Macs, I suspect it won't. ...

Unable to install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack
Error Found: Code 490. Windows Update encountered an unknown error. -- Need Help. What does the Office compatibility pack have to do with Windows Mail? -- -- "Lim" <lim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAFCDC83-E22A-4A65-968F-4C50CA6A6FFE@microsoft.com... > Error Found: Code 490. Windows Update encountered an unknown error. > -- > Need Help. The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the=20 Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that question in the Windows Update = newsgroup: http://www...

how do I access office xp media/clip art in publisher 2003
installed office system 2003 all editions and can not access clip art or office xp media files. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions? If you have the media disk from Office XP, insert it and run it, the Organizer has its own setup. Run all from my computer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "griffin" <griffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BEB65A1-27A6-493D-8346-6ADD620C8BE7@microsoft.com... > installed office system 2003 all editions and can not access clip art or > office xp ...

Problem registering Office 2004 online
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3213371467_276299 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I can�t register Office 2004 for Mac online because it doesn�t seem to accept the Product ID that was provided when I installed the package. The format the registration process seems to want is according to example �12345-XXX-7654321-98765� and I assume the XXX�s are expected to be alphabetic (?) but those characters in my Product ID are numer...

Office Mac 11.3.2
Has anyone else had issues with Entourage unexpectidly closing/crashig after installing the recent update? I know I have. In article <1166722181.404590.320310@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, iLexMail@gmail.com wrote: > Has anyone else had issues with Entourage unexpectidly closing/crashig > after installing the recent update? I know I have. No problems.... everything seems to be working perfect. On 12/21/06 9:29 AM, in article 1166722181.404590.320310@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "iLexMail@gmail.com" <iLexMail@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone else had issues w...

Unable to open excel 2007 file in excel 2002 despite having installed compatibility pack for office 2007
Hi I have installed office compatibility pack for office 2007. However, every time I try to open an xlsx file, I get unrecognized format error in Excel 2002. I can open docx without an issue. It appears to be that the problem is related specifically to excel 2007. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP, Office XP SP3, compatibility pack without an iota of difference Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance Hi CW Is SP3 installed? Microsoft Excel 2002 with Service Pack 3 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "CW" <cw@nospam.com> wrote in mes...

Office 2008 hanging under OS 10.6 SL
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have run the up daters for office 2008. There are no duplicate font issues. All disk permissions have been repaired. No matter which office program I open it hangs on the opening splash screen. Here is the log report: Date/Time: 2009-09-11 12:02:18 -0500 OS Version: 10.6.1 (Build 10B504) Architecture: x86_64 Report Version: 6 Command: Word Path: /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word Version: 12.2.0 (12.2.0) Build Version: 0 Project Name: (null) Source Version: 90605...

OWA 2003 Asks for Office 2000 CD
I have clients that are accessing OWA 2003 and when they go to respond or forward a message it will prompt them to insert the office 2000 CD. I have read the articles about the client registry settings that can be made or just tell them to use the CD. But this will not work with 150+ people accessing OWA from all over the country and they do not have access to the CD. These are normal users not admins. What can be done from the server side to solve this? ...

Install Access 07 when Office 03 installed?
HI - I cannot find a place on the MS site to ask this question, so I am desperately asking it here. My apologies to this board. I have Office SB 03 on Win XP sp 2. Can I purcahse Access 07 and installl it successfully AND continue to use the Office 03 prodcuts successfully. I don't want any problems with the products conflicting. I need Office to work! Where do I ask this question? Thank you very much in advance. Differring versions of both Office & their components can usually be installed without problems, excepting outlook The only problem is usually with shorcuts, or ...

I cannot load Lotus 123 files with my Excell Office 2003
My Excel program says "cannot load 123 files". What is wrong? Excel doesn't read .123 files. Can you go back to lotus and save to a common fileformat? Dudley wrote: > > My Excel program says "cannot load 123 files". What is wrong? -- Dave Peterson Unfortunately, nothing is wrong--Excel cannot open 123 files. You can try a Google search for file converters, or you can use 123 to convert the files into Excel format, if you have 123. -- tj "Dudley" wrote: > My Excel program says "cannot load 123 files". What is wrong? ...

Excel problem turned into Update problem
Ok I'll try to explain this to you guys. First one user here was using office 2000 so I upgraded him to office XP. One thing he has to do is copy photo's that are in excel sheets into adobe photoshop. It used to work fine with office 2000 but now with switching to office XP when he copies the picture out of excel and puts it into adobe the picture looks terible all blury and just doesn't look nice. So i thought i'll go get all of the updates for office XP. So I put SP1 on and tried it and it did the same thing. Second I put SP2 on and now he can't open anything ...

Office Legalities
Could someone direct me to a link on this website that tells me the legalities of loading MS Office 98 for Macintosh at home as well as in the office. Is it legal for someone who has Office 98 loaded on their Mac at work to take that same licensed copy and load it on their home machine? For instance, if a project you are working on needs to be finished at home, is it legal to load that same copy on your home Mac? Thanks. Jessi <jrhine@reimanpub.com> wrote: > Could someone direct me to a link on this website that tells me the > legalities of loading MS Office 98 for Macin...