Cannot Start Reminder Service

I keep getting an error message upon starting Outlook2000 in WinXP..."Cannot
start the reminder service.  Unable to show reminders."  Any suggestions?
Thanks. Joel

0
jleslie (7)

Try starting Outlook with the /resetfolders switch.

Start, Run dialog:

outlook.exe /resetfolders

Press Enter and make sure to leave a space before the switch.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Joel Leslie" <jleslie@ieee.org> wrote in message
>I keep getting an error message upon starting Outlook2000 in
>WinXP..."Cannot start the reminder service.  Unable to show reminders."
>Any suggestions? Thanks. Joel

0
kenslovak (742)
2/15/2005 10:19:56 PM
Did that, and it did not solve the  problem.  Thanks Joel

0
jleslie (7)
2/15/2005 10:40:13 PM
Thanks, but this did not solve the problem.  Joel

0
jleslie (7)
2/15/2005 11:28:26 PM
Joel Leslie <jleslie@ieee.org> wrote:

> I keep getting an error message upon starting Outlook2000 in
> WinXP..."Cannot start the reminder service.  Unable to show
> reminders."  Any suggestions? Thanks. Joel

Try starting Outlook with the /CleanReminders switch.
--
Brian Tillman
0

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

> Did that, and it did not solve the  problem.  Thanks Joel

0
kenslovak (742)

Multiple logins at Schwab
It appears that I can only enter one login into Money for any online service. We have two separate accounts (two different logins) at Schwab. Is there another way to allow money to login to Schwab twice? Just create a new Account, call it Schwab2 or something. You can then enter different user name and password. I do this for several institutions. "steveb" <steveb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E6143CF-8A8E-4AC3-82DC-783A8533710A@microsoft.com... > It appears that I can only enter one login into Money for any online > service. > We have two se...

Resource Group In Service Activity
Hi, In the Services->Service Activity page, i need "Resource Group" in "Type" list. And when I choose resource group, Can I list resource groups in "View List"? Any suggestion? or how can i do something like this? Thanks for your helps. ...

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

start up exel errors
When I start up Exel - it automatically opens up all the word documents accessed that day. It then shows an errror and a bunch of jarble. I have to close out all the woorksheets. I cannot find the setting to change this. I just want it to open to a new worksheet. In Tools Options General -- make sure that there is nothing in the box next to At Start up, open all files in ... "mel-cad" <mel-cad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967DA120-B00D-41C1-8CD8-293CA789132B@microsoft.com... : When I start up Exel - it automatically opens up all the word documents : ac...

Sa start failure
Would the total size of Info Stores (priv and pub) is now 18+ gb on E2k3 standard... Would being over the 16Gb limit stop the SA from starting ? TIA Its 16GB limit per Store limit. What is the event id associated with the SA not starting? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "_M_" <here@gone.com> wrote in message news:erQsKXRRFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Would the total size of Info Stores (priv and pub) is now 18+ gb on E2k3 > standard... Would being over the 16Gb limit stop the SA from starting ? > > TIA...

Trouble accessing web service from behind ISA
Hello all, I am developing an application that accesses a hosted web service, and I am developing it in a network that is behind ISA 2004. I was wondering if there are any other special properties I need to set in my code, other than the proxy-server address, to get this application to connect to the remote server; or if there are properties that need to be set on the ISA server itself to allow my application through? Below is a sample of the code if it helps: Dim ws As New localhost.WebServiceName ws.Url = "http://www.URLofWebService.asmx" Dim prox...

Workflow Services stops every few hours
I have a few workflows running against the case entities but the service just stop every few hours. I did restart all by going to the control panel but there must be a reason why it is doing that.... any idea ? ...

Can't add a service
I'm trying to create a service. I name the rule. Add a selection rule and a resource. I then save and exit. When I go back to the Service, first I get a message saying that the record is unavailable or I don't have permission. I close the msg box and look at the resoureces tab. The selection rule is gone. And I can't add another one. I don't understand. version is 3.0.5300.0 Thanks in advance Mitch ...

Outlook and Service Pack3
I installed Service Pack 3 last week, since then I have a few users getting the same message when they create a new mail message (using Word as the editor) Here is the message " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpexted, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for" then you have the opton to select 1 minute or longer. Please advise how to elemeintate this message, we do not exepect this to be a virus and it is safe e-mail messages. Teresa <anonymous@discussions...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

Outlook 2003
Every time I get back to the office after being away for a while, my screen gets barraged with appointment reminders when I launch Outlook. It�s an annoyance; I�m never interested in what�s occurred in the past, just what�s upcoming. Is there any way to suppress these? Thanks, A_C turn off reminders - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www....

sql service pack 4
is dynamics 6.0, great plains 7.5 and great plains 8.0 will work or supported on ms sql sp4? I have tried all with no issues, in fact they also seem to do fine on Yukon (SQL 2005) "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B7CCC43-6AD8-4BB4-944E-1EB972D08DB7@microsoft.com... > is dynamics 6.0, great plains 7.5 and great plains 8.0 will work or > supported > on ms sql sp4? > > ...

Outlook 2003 in Terminal Services #2
Hi, We have a central server that users access via Terminal Services. One of the applications used is Outlook 2003. Now, the problem is when I write an email and check for spelling (F7) spell check works fine. If I try to send with auto spell check, I get the following... ------------------------------------------------------------------- The spelling check was unsuccesful. Do you want to send anyway? ------------------------------------------------------------------- This happens if Microsoft Word is selected to edit email messages. Any ideas anyone please? Thanks Nicholas ...

How do I stop Outlook from auto starting (auto loading) when my c.
How do I stop Outlook from auto starting (auto loading) when my computer sterts up?? Delete the shortcut from your Windows startup folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jason <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | How do I stop Outlook from auto starting (auto loading) when my | computer sterts up?? ...

Event Viewer Service Control Manager Error
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. I have most everything stopped for performance, I don't know if this is needed for a 2nd computer that shares this internet connection via a router, not wireless. My printer is shared but not usually on or used by the other computer. How can I stop this error? The Telephony service relies on two services, Plug and Play an...

Forms
I am trying to modify an existing form that I have created but whenever I try to "Design a Form", I get an Expression Service error stating that the Expression Service did not start and the form could not be opened. I have run the Detect and Repair, removed\reinstalled Outlook and removed\reinstalled Office 2003 and I still have not been able to resolve this issue so I was hoping someone may have some ideas to resolving this. Thanks! Geoff ...

Service Calendar 06-24-07
Is there a way way to tweak the view to hide off (non business hours) from view? Globally? These off hours just add clutter to the schedule. -- Steve ...

GP workflow approval system through Blackberry service
Hi All, I am going to implement GP Workflow for Purchase Orders, but before going for this, I just want to confirm that, Is Workflow can be handle or used through Blackberry service, because in our company all our management using blackberry for emails. Thanks in advance. Regards, SMA From what I can tell, I don't think the Blackberry devices will work. If you use InfoPath to design forms, then Blackberries can be used. But, with the GP workflow, I don't believe you're going to be able to use the Blackberries. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sma"...

Microsoft crm server requires indexing service to be configured an
Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message above. Clicking OK returns us to the desktop... anyone got any ideas? Regards Colin Foster "Colin Foster" <ColinFoster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0852AD02-E88F-416F-8618-85AB2799E40E@microsoft.com... > Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server > running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message > above. Clicking OK returns us to the d...

Internet Explorer 8 slow with Active Directory Federation Services
I have the ADFS scenarios depicted on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779508(WS.10).aspx in the two sections both titled "Authenticating the user". When it comes to the steps 3 and 6 in the picture of the first "Authenticating the user" section and steps 5 and 7 in the picture of the second "Authenticating the user" section Internet explorer 8 causes 100% CPU load on one thread. The time it takes is proportional to the single thread processing power of the client CPU. On "old" clients it lasts so long that the requests fail...

Start Menu
Morning, Can anyone tell me how to turn off the adaptive menus on the start menu. I am running XP SP3, classic mode. To clarify I have already turned off these menus in all applications its just on the Start Menu that I am having the issue. Thanks in advance Mike "Miketsw" <Miketsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CFC5DCD-26F0-407C-A11C-C319F44C6927@microsoft.com... > Morning, > > Can anyone tell me how to turn off the adaptive menus on the start > menu. I > am running XP SP3, classic mode. > > To clarify I ha...

Wanted: Double Clicking an .xls file's icon starts a new instance of Excel
If Excel is already running when I double click the icon for an .xls file, it opens the file as a new window in the existing instance of Excel. I would like to change the file type for .xls files (Explorer: Tools/Folder Options/File Types/choose .xls/Advanced) so that a new instance of Excel would be created. Thanks for any help! This may help (or hurt). If you open files by double clicking on them in windows explorer.... You could try: Tools|options|General tab|Ignore other applications (check it) Then double click on the workbook in windows explorer. And be aware that turning t...

Missing Delete Option when Right-Clicking in Start/Programs
A friend told me he has some programs appearing in his program listings on the Start menu that are not installed and he would like to remove these references. I told him to select Start/Programs, find the program, do a right-click, and select Delete (which works for me). He said he does not have the Delete option when doing this. How can the Delete option be reinstated there? you might try right clicking on the start button which will take you to the physical folders where the icon files is stored. if you still can't delete them via the explore, then perhaps it is the ...

Duplicate messages each time I start Outlook
I am using a pop3 mail server and Leaving a copy of the email on the server so I can access it elsewhere. Outlook 2003 duplicates the messages and I have run all the patched Post sp. Anyone? Are you getting all the messages that were left on the server each time you start Outlook, or just some of them? How many POP3 accounts do you have? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Keith Henderson" <keithatdvsolutions.teevee> wrote in message news:#1g6TRasEHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... ...

My Office application cannot start because Office is already being used #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We ran into this limitation, so we did the uninstall from one laptop using the MS Office uninstall application. We then bought a whole new version (as required) of Office 2008 (home version). Installed that on the laptop that we did the original uninstall on. It has a new product key, new serial number, etc. - but it still says that the other laptop is using a version that is now deleted from the same machine. What files can you delete - or what process is there - to reset the license check so that the new insta...