cannot send or reply to a certain email address

I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their
email.  I can receive email from them.  I have deleted
their contact info and re-entered.  I have tried emailing
without using contact, just typing address in.  I can,
however, get on my email server and send/reply to them
just fine.  Error is that their email is not a valid
email address.  Thanks for your help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure
there isn't any extra characters in it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"claudia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their
> email.  I can receive email from them.  I have deleted
> their contact info and re-entered.  I have tried emailing
> without using contact, just typing address in.  I can,
> however, get on my email server and send/reply to them
> just fine.  Error is that their email is not a valid
> email address.  Thanks for your help!

0
monkey1 (121)

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

Exchange e-mail address attributes?
Hi! :-) I'm writing a script to find all a users e-mail addresses (to get rid of old sub domains) but I'm not sure I'm looking in all the available attributes... A list of these would be perfect! I'm also interested in updated lists of ad and exchange attributes. I've got some xls files but they're old and only have text descriptions of very few of the attributes. Thanks a million!!! :-) /Sofia The main mail attributes for exchange are mail targetaddress proxyaddresses If you don't actually need a script, but just need a list of smtp addresses try this ...

Conditional Formatting for a certain month
Having a bit of an issue at the moment, ive got the Cell for instance A1 Which contains 04-Jan-06 Basically Im after some conditional formatting to say if the month is January, then make the cell blue. Which will then lead to me making the other cells different colours depending on their month, but again, it has to be in this format (DD-MM-YY) Thanks for any help, muchly apreciated Assuming a properly formatted date, formula is =if(month(a1)=1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Advo" <max_mischief@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1158151582....

Cannot receive incoming internet eMail
Hi, all: I ahve a win2003 network, with Exchange 2003 running. The DC was down for about a week, so the email was not working, either. When the DC came back, email started working, partially. Now I can send email to outside, but I cannot receive any email at all. Any idea?? Thanks! From an outside connection, say your home computer, can you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange Server? Check your Event Viewer on the Exchange Server for any Errors. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

some emails not coming through since going to exchange, no details on why
Have a user that got 2 daily emails. One from a partner of ours that was an automatic email sent, with a status of things. Has an attachment that is a .docr The other is a daily list of canadian exchange rate. No attachments. He no longer recieves these emails and ht doesn't get any emails explaining why. Any idea's? Reply Check your SMTP protocol logs - are these emails getting to your server at all? Are you receiving other emails from outside on that email address? Other addresses? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Text Wrapping and received Emails
I have received an email that has lines in it longer than the page width and dont wrap. I have tried help and searching here but cant find a way to have outlook automatically word wrap incoming messages to fit the text to the window any ideas please? Cheers JD Are you sure this is a Plain Text e-mail? These should be wrapped automatically for Outlook 2002 and 2003. HTML messages will be displayed in the way got formatted. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Sorry, I attached this reply by mistake to orig post
Please disregard this reply, it attached to my orig post by mistake. Still looking forward to an actual reply John ...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

Outlook Hangs when checking email addreses with directory service
I'm using Outlook 2000 service pack 3 in Internet Mail Only configuration Outlook hangs about 75% of the time when looking up an e-mail address in the university of bristol directory service however outlook express can look up an address successfully in the directory service 100% of the time and both outlook and outlook express have the directory account settings exactly the same. I would ask for help from the university's computing service but Outlook is currently unsupported by them. Any ideas why it hangs? Thanks James ...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

Spam sent from outside to our internal users, from our internal users addresses!!! E2k
I've seent this problem alot, but it hasn't haunted me for a while until today. Getting messages frmo users@mydomain.com, to users@mydomain.com. Using Exchange 2000, SP3 (+post fixes), on a W2k Sp4 box. I have the SMTP server settings to only allow to 10.x subnets to relay. This works if someone tries to relay to outside of us... but someone can send from any address to our domain, and I can't find any white papers that address this. I've checked 'Perform Reverse DNS on incoming messages", but this doesn't solve the problem. There has to be a way to specify that y...

can send but not reply mail in outlook 2003
Hi there, I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? Thanks Malcolm "ms" <keppeltt@d1.com.sg> wrote in news:#tT#qAv9EHA.2568 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > Hi there, > I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in > outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? > > Thanks > Malcolm > > > What happens when you try? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr...

Spoofed address?
Hi, I have a user getting tons of NDR's as a result of what we believe is a spammer spoofing his address. Is there anything I can do to help this guy? Thanks, Dan On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:43:01 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > I have a user getting tons of NDR's as a result of what we believe is a >spammer spoofing his address. Is there anything I can do to help this guy? >Thanks, >Dan What are you using for Anti-SPAM software? We have a GREAT anti spam service named Postini. The problem is that if I tell it to block NDR's ...

outlook web access
Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" in the top left corner. The same thing happens when I open a new message. Any ideas? Amy "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA46A8B-3116-4850-BE0F-AB2B9590F20A@microsoft.com... > Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I > attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" > in > the top left corner. The same t...

Signature to replys
Also, I got the signature stuff of course to work, But It only shows in my "composing messages". It doesnt show when I reply and all??? How do I set that? It only has in the box to "dont add to my forwars" and thats not checked. Are you reading either of your two other posts - they've both been answered? If you "got the signature stuff of course to work", then why are you asking again? The settings are at Tools - Options - Signatures. "asiankelsey" <asiankelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8225083...

Looking for help...I can't send e-mail using CRM web client
I'm having a problem with trying to send e-mails vie the CRM web client. When I try to send the e-mail I get a pop-up with the message in bold "Unexpected Error" "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". I've checked the event logs, no errors are showing up in either my CRM server or my exchange server. I'm lost, new to CRM. Any help or ideas is appreciated. Thanks, You could try to add pre-windows2000 account to the administrator group on the exchange server. Some time that helps "Marty" wrote:...

Greetings, I have a user that has multiple mailboxes in different Outlook profiles. One of her accounts just recently started acting up. When she tries to send an e-mail from she receive the following message: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=DOMAIN:SERVER The wierd thing is that she does not receive this DNR in the same account she is sending the e-mail to. The DNR comes in through a different account. My theory is that she is sending an e-mail out from Profile1 and the actual mess...

I can't send or receive email
I have a new computer with Windows XP & Microsoft Office for Small Business. I have never tried to use my email account until today. For security reasons, I first installed Norton Internet security. I then configured my email account. Everything seems to be working in the programs except for the fact that I can't send or receive email. Do you have any solutions? First disable Norton completely, and try a send/receive. Then get back to us. "Arnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067e01c3a5c2$78970ef0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I hav...

Send To and pdf and Outlook 2007 and Server 2008 and SQL 2005
Hi all, I am having trouble with simply sending pdf documents from the screen layout window for any report generated in GP. I can however send a txt report via email using the Send To functionality. The button is active as is the option to select either Txt or Pdf but the new message window that normally opens up for you to insert a mail address (with the respective attachment) simply does not open. My client is using Outlook 2007, the server is on Server 2008 running SQL 2005 SP3. We get the same issue from all clients as well - the clients are on Windows XP or Visat combination. ...