cannot send or reply to a certain email address

I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their
email.  I can receive email from them.  I have deleted
their contact info and re-entered.  I have tried emailing
without using contact, just typing address in.  I can,
however, get on my email server and send/reply to them
just fine.  Error is that their email is not a valid
email address.  Thanks for your help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure
there isn't any extra characters in it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"claudia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their
> email.  I can receive email from them.  I have deleted
> their contact info and re-entered.  I have tried emailing
> without using contact, just typing address in.  I can,
> however, get on my email server and send/reply to them
> just fine.  Error is that their email is not a valid
> email address.  Thanks for your help!

0
monkey1 (121)

Teachers/Admin reading emails?
Hi I'm trying to come up with an easy way as an admin and also as a teacher to read children's email.; I don't want to do this because I'm nasty, I need to do it to check the system is not being abused. I've had a look at adding user accounts to my admin outlook but if I do that I get a message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location". What am I doing wrong? Thanks XYZ wrote: > I'm trying to come up with an easy way as an admin and also as a > teacher to read children's email.; I ...

Problem with MS CRM Token in sending email from comaigne.
Hello, I have a problem with executing campaigns in MS CRM. I added a marketing list to campaigns activities and sending mail merge email to all my clients. Emails which were sending from mail merge (use word) do not have a MS CRM token in their subject. So answers are not automatically linked to campaign activity. In my MS CRM system settings dialog box I set option email tracking for enabled and I don’t have problem with sending email form MS CRM. Any suggestions? Thx for your help. ...

emailing personified messages
I need to send out emails to my customers from my home computer. Though the taxt I send is the same, I need each email to look individual in the sense that it is adresses to a particular address, without showing other adresses. How do I automate this? OL help>mail merge "aa" <A@aa.com> wrote in message news:eUNV%23afFHHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I need to send out emails to my customers from my home computer. > Though the taxt I send is the same, I need each email to look individual in > the sense that it is adresses to a particular address, without sho...

Bounced email capture.
Is there a way to capture bounce emails? Sorry, forgot to add that this is for Exchange 2003. "Boobatron" wrote: > Is there a way to capture bounce emails? Hi Sure it is possible, you have afew options you can either create a catchall SMTP Event sync, or use a product called MailBasketMD from TurboGeeks, see the links below: MS Document CatchAll SMTP mailbox EventSync http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324021 MailbasketMD from Turbo Geeks http://turbogeeks.com/products/mailbasket.asp There is also a pre made SMTP Event Sync script you could use http:...

A2007 SP2 sending pdf attachment to email comes out portrait
I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason. Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it should. What is happening here? "JimfromIndy" <jim.shaffer@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 5a7f94a8-d164-4564-b063-4b141c67765...

How do I set up a repeating weekly email in outlook?
I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to perform this action? DDPARTIN1;707494 Wrote: > I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a > reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to > perform this action? Outlook does not have a built-in means of doing this. There are two possible solutions. 1. Write a script that sends the message using VBScript. Schedule it to run using Windo...

How to write a VBA code to select certain rows based on certain conditions
I need help to write part of a VBA code in Excel. I am trying to do calculations on rows that meeting certain requirements, but I do not know how to established that in VBA. I know that if I use the worksheet itself, I can do something like SUMIF() function. But, when I put the same function in the VBA editor, it returns error. A simple version of my data: Group No Member No Amount spent 1 1 10 1 2 3 1 3 4 2 1 6 2 2 1 3 1 12 ...

Outlook has stopped sending messages
I am running XP and Outlook 2007. Following an automatic installation of system software, it appears that Outlook has stopped sending messages from the Outbox. Upon checking the accounts under "Tools" I chose "repair" and the connection was checked but yielded the following message: "An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available". This is not the first time this has happened. The first time this happened I inserted the Outlook 2007 CD and selected "Repair" and it seemed to fix the problem. Now, however, repairing from the CD doe...

Email invoices w/ Money small business
I would like to email my invoices as html or Doc. How do I do this. Emailing the txt of an invoice lookes terrible. Any sugestions? ...

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold
Hi, I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i not rare that I omit some addresses. Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process? Thanx in advanc -- frenchbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927 View this thread: http://w...

Large emails
Hi At the moment our emails are routed through a seperate server that has software installed on it that allows us to queue up large attachments and send them out of office hours. I have E2K SP3, I am going to migrate to E2K3 shortly and was hoping and wondering that E2K3 had this functionality built into it. Thanks Bob You can simply create an smtp connector and specify that. Not required to route through another server. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "bob smythe" <bob@aol.com> wrote in message news:O01PFKSvFHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx...

Junk Email & Blocked Senders List
If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically add the sender to the Blocked Senders List? Or do I really have to right click every single spammer and choose "Add to Blocked Senders List?" Using Outlook 2003. Thanks. rju166 <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote: > If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically > add the sender to the Blocked Senders List? Nope. There's nothing special about moving an itrem into the Junk E-mail folder. > Or do I really have to > right click every single spammer and choose "A...

Contacts not available as address book
I've just transferred my data files from a W98 PC to a new stand-alone WXP PC (by temporarily installing the old hard drive in the new PC and copying all the data files over to a separate folder in the new hard drive). I then copied outlook.pst (all 212MB) to C:\Documents and Settings\Maurice\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (where it has transmogrified itself down to 135MB). The old version of Outlook was 2000, the new version is 2002. Almost everything I have tried so far works fine, except for the following problem. When I try to use the address book, I g...

Additional Exchange Mailbox downloads emails again everyday

Can I cut and paste email messages into a cell and it only show when I click on the cell?
Thanks Colin Colin, I don't believe that you can do that. You could paste the email messages to another sheet and then use a hyperlink to goto it or use a vba form solution. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand Please do not forget to rate this reply. "colincurious@hotmail.com" wrote: > Thanks > Colin > > Hi Colin, You could use a Worksheet SelectionChange event procedure to render the contents of certain cells invisible unless the cell is the active cell. For Example, this results in A1, B1 and G4 only being visible on the sheet (still...

How can I make the default send account more dynamic?
Not sure if dynamic is the word, but here is my dilemma: My wife and I both have email accounts. Mine is the default. :-) She will sometimes forget to use the "send using" function (which I am sure I would also do) and ends up sending messages from me, I get the replies etc. So I am trying to figure out a way around this. Is there any type of add-in that would always prompt? I am running XP Pro and could setup a different profile for her and make her the default user for that profile, but then we lose (I assume) the ability to share the same Outlook file as our calendar and con...

bounce back reply-to
When a delegate sends an email and that email is bounced back it does not send it to the reply-to address.. Instead it goes to the sender .... so if I send out an email on someone's behalf ... if the email is bounced back, I want it to come in my mailbox .... which is set as the reply to... how can I do this ..... TIA - SS Use Send As, not Send on Behalf Of, then. Assign Send As rights on the server (but note that this will grant the delegate *full access* to the other person's mailbox....) then remove the send on behalf of rights you set in Outlook. Shardool Karnik wrote: >...

One addresses shared to many people
I need to setup a single email address like "marketing@abc.com" to be sent to many different people. I have originally setup a public folder and had the emails go into this which they could goto and view. THis was not what they wanted. They want the email to appear in their window. Meaning they did not want to brows to a different location. They wanted the window to pop up when new mailed arrived. If there a way I can route this "marketing@abc.com" account to multiple peoples inboxes or at least have multiple inboxes opened? Is there a better way to set thi...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim #2
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. you can only add one at a time. BTW - blocking senders is a poor way to manage spam, especially since there is a limit of about 2000 addresses on the blocked and safe lists combined. -- Diane...

Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows
I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it out. I have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. I have just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and viruses etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the following error. An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ 5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message ', Port:...

Aarrgghh!!! Can send external mail but not receive it
My customer has one Exchange Server with 2 domains - I'll call them 'companyA.co.uk' and 'companyB.net'. The users for CompanyA are the same people as the users for CompanyB. There is a requirement for these users to send and receive email (they use Outlook) from both their 'companyA.co.uk' and their 'companyB.net' addresses. I acheived this by configuring 2 user accounts per user in Active Directory and then giving one user full control of the other, and by giving one user permissions to view/send as etc on behalf of the other. This worked fine for over...

Search and Send replies not working
I'm using the web based version of this group. For several months, i have found that when I search for something, I don't get all the hits that are available. It's not that I've typed something in wrong. I've tested this a number of ways. I complained about this sometime back and was told to use the web-based news reader. That doesn't seem to work much better. It's very frustrating and time consuming. But I do find this group to be valuable. Can something be done? I also find that when I post a question and check 'Notify me of replies...

Extension need beyond "Split a street address apart"
This group provided a pair of very quick and neat solutions to the splitting of an address, i,.e 123 Adams St. the 123 in one cell and the Adams St in another. (Currently using the first posted solution). Some of my addresses now fell into the PO BOX and APO formats. In addition to using the solutions (post below dtd 3/19 in this group), how might I put,add to what I now have, PO Box 45 in the same column as the Adams St? Also APO AE (military base addresses)? Thank You! Wayne On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:03:32 GMT, "WGD" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote: >This...

Email of a queue has to be a CRM User?
Hi, I have created several queues related to the various products we are provided support. I am now testing the email functionalities (a customer is sending to the helpdesk address related to a product). The email is received in exchange but does not reach the queue. The account which is associated with the email address of the queue has the CRMEmailEnabled attribute, the SELF : Associated External Account checked, FULL Mailbox Access and has been disabled.... Does CRM requires to register the account associated with the email address of the queue (not the owner of the queue) to be a ...

Can't Disable Send/Receive Progress Box
I cannot disable the "Send/Receive Progress" box in Outlook 2000. I put a check in the "Don't show this dialog box during send/receive" option, but it does not take effect. So each time I send/receive mail, I have to take action to close this dialog box. This is a real pain. I have two mail accounts; one is a POP3 account, the other is an HTTP account. I've tried disabling one account or the other, to no avail. Now I am hoping that someone can provide a solution, even if it means editing the registry. Your help will be greatly appreciated. ...