Cannot send "group" email using outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 had been working okay, then went kablewy.  WhenI try to send a
"group" email "unexpected error occured" (Microsoft Word window) pops up and
email will not send.  This group has been working for 3 years.  I do use a
pop3 sever.  I can send individual emails.  Please help if possible.
0
dpease (10)

We have no idea what you mean by "group." There is no Outlook term to that
effect. State clearly what you are doing, what happens when you try, and the
steps you used to make Outlook got "kablewy." Outlook does not do that all
by itself, you know.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2003 had been working okay, then went kablewy.  WhenI try to send
> "group" email "unexpected error occured" (Microsoft Word window) pops up
> and
> email will not send.  This group has been working for 3 years.  I do use a
> pop3 sever.  I can send individual emails.  Please help if possible.

0
russval1 (2100)
1/7/2008 2:18:23 AM
Thanks for the reply.  I don't know what happened.  Since I started using
Vista, all sort of strange things have happened.  I send a newsletter each
week.  I have been using the same distribution list for a long time.  When I
sent Thursday night, a little pop up came up--the top of the square had
Microsoft Word and the box said unexpected error occured.  The email would
not go out.  I can go in the contacts list and select each person and send
the eamil that way.  Just can't send using the distribution list.  Does that
make sense?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> We have no idea what you mean by "group." There is no Outlook term to that
> effect. State clearly what you are doing, what happens when you try, and the
> steps you used to make Outlook got "kablewy." Outlook does not do that all
> by itself, you know.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook 2003 had been working okay, then went kablewy.  WhenI try to send
> > "group" email "unexpected error occured" (Microsoft Word window) pops up
> > and
> > email will not send.  This group has been working for 3 years.  I do use a
> > pop3 sever.  I can send individual emails.  Please help if possible.

0
dpease (10)
1/7/2008 2:50:00 AM
Slowly but surely little tidbits of relevant information are starting to
trickle in. So somewhere along the line you changed your entire OS? Might
want to include how you did so and how you migrated your Outlook data when
you did. You appear to have corrupted your DL's by doing so incorrectly.
--
> Thanks for the reply.  I don't know what happened.  Since I started using
> Vista, all sort of strange things have happened.  I send a newsletter each
> week.  I have been using the same distribution list for a long time.  When
> sent Thursday night, a little pop up came up--the top of the square had
> Microsoft Word and the box said unexpected error occured.  The email would
> not go out.  I can go in the contacts list and select each person and send
> the eamil that way.  Just can't send using the distribution list.  Does
> that
> make sense?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> We have no idea what you mean by "group." There is no Outlook term to
>> that
>> effect. State clearly what you are doing, what happens when you try, and
>> the
>> steps you used to make Outlook got "kablewy." Outlook does not do that
>> all
>> by itself, you know.
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Outlook 2003 had been working okay, then went kablewy.  WhenI try to
>> > send
>> > "group" email "unexpected error occured" (Microsoft Word window) pops
>> > up
>> > and
>> > email will not send.  This group has been working for 3 years.  I do
>> > use a
>> > pop3 sever.  I can send individual emails.  Please help if possible.

0
russval1 (2100)
1/7/2008 11:52:58 AM
My old xp computer crashed.  I was able to download most files.  I installed
my Office 2003 suite on the lap top (Vista).  It has been working fine.  The
only problem I really had was outlook would not filter junk emails and word
would not print drawn lines and some graphics.  I could live with that.  The
only thing done reciently--I installed Norton 360.  Guess what-- the junk
email started filtering.  Still problems with a few graphics and drawn lines.
 But the distribution list quit working.  Do I need to do something I don't
know about?
"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Slowly but surely little tidbits of relevant information are starting to
> trickle in. So somewhere along the line you changed your entire OS? Might
> want to include how you did so and how you migrated your Outlook data when
> you did. You appear to have corrupted your DL's by doing so incorrectly.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply.  I don't know what happened.  Since I started using
> > Vista, all sort of strange things have happened.  I send a newsletter each
> > week.  I have been using the same distribution list for a long time.  When
> > sent Thursday night, a little pop up came up--the top of the square had
> > Microsoft Word and the box said unexpected error occured.  The email would
> > not go out.  I can go in the contacts list and select each person and send
> > the eamil that way.  Just can't send using the distribution list.  Does
> > that
> > make sense?
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> We have no idea what you mean by "group." There is no Outlook term to
> >> that
> >> effect. State clearly what you are doing, what happens when you try, and
> >> the
> >> steps you used to make Outlook got "kablewy." Outlook does not do that
> >> all
> >> by itself, you know.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dpease (10)
1/8/2008 9:16:02 PM
What I asked you was how you migrated your data to the new installation. I
suspect you did so incorrectly and trashed your DL's. For example, importing
your data would lose DL's and other data.
--

> My old xp computer crashed.  I was able to download most files.  I
> installed
> my Office 2003 suite on the lap top (Vista).  It has been working fine.
> The
> only problem I really had was outlook would not filter junk emails and
> word
> would not print drawn lines and some graphics.  I could live with that.
> The
> only thing done reciently--I installed Norton 360.  Guess what-- the junk
> email started filtering.  Still problems with a few graphics and drawn
> lines.
> But the distribution list quit working.  Do I need to do something I don't
> know about?
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Slowly but surely little tidbits of relevant information are starting to
>> trickle in. So somewhere along the line you changed your entire OS? Might
>> want to include how you did so and how you migrated your Outlook data
>> when
>> you did. You appear to have corrupted your DL's by doing so incorrectly.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the reply.  I don't know what happened.  Since I started
>> > using
>> > Vista, all sort of strange things have happened.  I send a newsletter
>> > each
>> > week.  I have been using the same distribution list for a long time.
>> > When
>> > sent Thursday night, a little pop up came up--the top of the square had
>> > Microsoft Word and the box said unexpected error occured.  The email
>> > would
>> > not go out.  I can go in the contacts list and select each person and
>> > send
>> > the eamil that way.  Just can't send using the distribution list.  Does
>> > that
>> > make sense?

0
russval1 (2100)
1/8/2008 11:21:01 PM
Sorry I didn't understand.  I  did not migrate or import any outlook data to
the new computer.  I manually typed the DL in.  It was working fine.  I've
been using it for about 3 months on this computer.  That you for being
patient with me.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> What I asked you was how you migrated your data to the new installation. I
> suspect you did so incorrectly and trashed your DL's. For example, importing
> your data would lose DL's and other data.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > My old xp computer crashed.  I was able to download most files.  I
> > installed
> > my Office 2003 suite on the lap top (Vista).  It has been working fine.
> > The
> > only problem I really had was outlook would not filter junk emails and
> > word
> > would not print drawn lines and some graphics.  I could live with that.
> > The
> > only thing done reciently--I installed Norton 360.  Guess what-- the junk
> > email started filtering.  Still problems with a few graphics and drawn
> > lines.
> > But the distribution list quit working.  Do I need to do something I don't
> > know about?
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Slowly but surely little tidbits of relevant information are starting to
> >> trickle in. So somewhere along the line you changed your entire OS? Might
> >> want to include how you did so and how you migrated your Outlook data
> >> when
> >> you did. You appear to have corrupted your DL's by doing so incorrectly.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dpease (10)
1/9/2008 1:41:01 AM
Oh, come on. You said this group had been working fine for 3 years. Vista
has not been out for 3 years. Reconcile the incompatible information you are
posting.
--
> Sorry I didn't understand.  I  did not migrate or import any outlook data
> the new computer.  I manually typed the DL in.  It was working fine.  I've
> been using it for about 3 months on this computer.  That you for being
> patient with me.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> What I asked you was how you migrated your data to the new installation.
>> suspect you did so incorrectly and trashed your DL's. For example,
>> importing
>> your data would lose DL's and other data.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > My old xp computer crashed.  I was able to download most files.  I
>> > installed
>> > my Office 2003 suite on the lap top (Vista).  It has been working fine.
>> > The
>> > only problem I really had was outlook would not filter junk emails and
>> > word
>> > would not print drawn lines and some graphics.  I could live with that.
>> > The
>> > only thing done reciently--I installed Norton 360.  Guess what-- the
>> > junk
>> > email started filtering.  Still problems with a few graphics and drawn
>> > lines.
>> > But the distribution list quit working.  Do I need to do something I
>> > don't
>> > know about?

0
russval1 (2100)
1/9/2008 3:13:15 AM
Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I've used it for three years on XP  only 3
months on Vista.  I installed the Office 2003 manually on the Vista computer.
 I did not import any files to Vista.  I manually put in my contact and
distribution lists in the outlook address book.  It worked. I haven't done
anything different.  Thursday 2 weeks ago I sent the newsletter using the
distribution group I always have.  Went with no problem. This past Thursday I
did as I always do.  When I hit send I got the error.  The newsletter is a
PDF attachment, but the error says it's a Word error.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Oh, come on. You said this group had been working fine for 3 years. Vista
> has not been out for 3 years. Reconcile the incompatible information you are
> posting.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry I didn't understand.  I  did not migrate or import any outlook data
> > the new computer.  I manually typed the DL in.  It was working fine.  I've
> > been using it for about 3 months on this computer.  That you for being
> > patient with me.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> What I asked you was how you migrated your data to the new installation.
> >> suspect you did so incorrectly and trashed your DL's. For example,
> >> importing
> >> your data would lose DL's and other data.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dpease (10)
1/9/2008 5:30:01 AM
State the error precisely. Make sure you do NOT scan email with your AV.
Clarify how you moved your data. There is no such thing as an address book
in Outlook. Are you saying you manually recreated every single Contact and
DL in your Contacts Folder?
--
> Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I've used it for three years on XP  only
> 3
> months on Vista.  I installed the Office 2003 manually on the Vista
> computer.
> I did not import any files to Vista.  I manually put in my contact and
> distribution lists in the outlook address book.  It worked. I haven't done
> anything different.  Thursday 2 weeks ago I sent the newsletter using the
> distribution group I always have.  Went with no problem. This past
> Thursday I
> did as I always do.  When I hit send I got the error.  The newsletter is a
> PDF attachment, but the error says it's a Word error.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Oh, come on. You said this group had been working fine for 3 years. Vista
>> has not been out for 3 years. Reconcile the incompatible information you
>> are
>> posting.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry I didn't understand.  I  did not migrate or import any outlook
>> > data
>> > the new computer.  I manually typed the DL in.  It was working fine.
>> > I've
>> > been using it for about 3 months on this computer.  That you for being
>> > patient with me.

0
russval1 (2100)
1/9/2008 11:43:38 AM
In Microsoft Outlook 2003 If you go to tools the first thing listed in the
pull down menu is "address book" .   Yes I manually  recreated every single
contact in the "contacts" menu in the address book. Then I moved the contacts
to the respective DL.  I "saved and closed" when I finished.  I do not scan
my outgoing email with my AV.  I thought I stated the error precisely.  I'll
try again:  when I creat a DL email and hit send, a pop up screen titled
"Microsoft Office Word" has a yellow exclamation triangle and the words "An
unexpected error has occured" I hit the OK box and the email does not send.
I don't know how to copy a screen. If I did, I would send it to you.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> State the error precisely. Make sure you do NOT scan email with your AV.
> Clarify how you moved your data. There is no such thing as an address book
> in Outlook. Are you saying you manually recreated every single Contact and
> DL in your Contacts Folder?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I've used it for three years on XP  only
> > 3
> > months on Vista.  I installed the Office 2003 manually on the Vista
> > computer.
> > I did not import any files to Vista.  I manually put in my contact and
> > distribution lists in the outlook address book.  It worked. I haven't done
> > anything different.  Thursday 2 weeks ago I sent the newsletter using the
> > distribution group I always have.  Went with no problem. This past
> > Thursday I
> > did as I always do.  When I hit send I got the error.  The newsletter is a
> > PDF attachment, but the error says it's a Word error.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, come on. You said this group had been working fine for 3 years. Vista
> >> has not been out for 3 years. Reconcile the incompatible information you
> >> are
> >> posting.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dpease (10)
1/9/2008 9:46:10 PM
There's your problem, then. In fact there is no address book in Outlook. The
address book is simply a view of your Contacts Folder and should never be
used to enter or edit Contact data.
Create all Outlook data in the Contacts Folder if you want it to be valid
and usable.
--
> In Microsoft Outlook 2003 If you go to tools the first thing listed in the
> pull down menu is "address book" .   Yes I manually  recreated every
> single
> contact in the "contacts" menu in the address book. Then I moved the
> contacts
> to the respective DL.  I "saved and closed" when I finished.  I do not
> scan
> my outgoing email with my AV.  I thought I stated the error precisely.
> I'll
> try again:  when I creat a DL email and hit send, a pop up screen titled
> "Microsoft Office Word" has a yellow exclamation triangle and the words
> "An
> unexpected error has occured" I hit the OK box and the email does not
> send.
> I don't know how to copy a screen. If I did, I would send it to you.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> State the error precisely. Make sure you do NOT scan email with your AV.
>> Clarify how you moved your data. There is no such thing as an address
>> book
>> in Outlook. Are you saying you manually recreated every single Contact
>> and
>> DL in your Contacts Folder?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I've used it for three years on XP
>> > only
>> > 3
>> > months on Vista.  I installed the Office 2003 manually on the Vista
>> > computer.
>> > I did not import any files to Vista.  I manually put in my contact and
>> > distribution lists in the outlook address book.  It worked. I haven't
>> > done
>> > anything different.  Thursday 2 weeks ago I sent the newsletter using
>> > the
>> > distribution group I always have.  Went with no problem. This past
>> > Thursday I
>> > did as I always do.  When I hit send I got the error.  The newsletter
>> > is a
>> > PDF attachment, but the error says it's a Word error.

0
russval1 (2100)
1/9/2008 10:36:10 PM
dpease <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> In Microsoft Outlook 2003 If you go to tools the first thing listed
> in the pull down menu is "address book" .   Yes I manually  recreated
> every single contact in the "contacts" menu in the address book.

Never try to manipulate your contacts using the Address Book interface.  It
simply doesn't work.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/9/2008 10:44:20 PM
Thank you very much.  Sorry it took so long for me to convey to you what was
going on..

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> There's your problem, then. In fact there is no address book in Outlook. The
> address book is simply a view of your Contacts Folder and should never be
> used to enter or edit Contact data.
> Create all Outlook data in the Contacts Folder if you want it to be valid
> and usable.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Microsoft Outlook 2003 If you go to tools the first thing listed in the
> > pull down menu is "address book" .   Yes I manually  recreated every
> > single
> > contact in the "contacts" menu in the address book. Then I moved the
> > contacts
> > to the respective DL.  I "saved and closed" when I finished.  I do not
> > scan
> > my outgoing email with my AV.  I thought I stated the error precisely.
> > I'll
> > try again:  when I creat a DL email and hit send, a pop up screen titled
> > "Microsoft Office Word" has a yellow exclamation triangle and the words
> > "An
> > unexpected error has occured" I hit the OK box and the email does not
> > send.
> > I don't know how to copy a screen. If I did, I would send it to you.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> State the error precisely. Make sure you do NOT scan email with your AV.
> >> Clarify how you moved your data. There is no such thing as an address
> >> book
> >> in Outlook. Are you saying you manually recreated every single Contact
> >> and
> >> DL in your Contacts Folder?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dpease (10)
1/9/2008 11:14:27 PM
Okay, excuse me for being stupid, but where do you go to put in contact
inforamtion?  Am I not looking in the rght place?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> dpease <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > In Microsoft Outlook 2003 If you go to tools the first thing listed
> > in the pull down menu is "address book" .   Yes I manually  recreated
> > every single contact in the "contacts" menu in the address book.
>
> Never try to manipulate your contacts using the Address Book interface.  It
> simply doesn't work.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
dpease (10)
1/10/2008 9:40:03 PM
First I want to thank you for your help.  Please, Please excuse me for having
a brain fart.  I just forgot all about the file menu.  I'm sorry to take up
so much of your time.  I'll go back and do it right I hope. Again Thanks. If
it doesn't work this time, I'll holler again.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> There's your problem, then. In fact there is no address book in Outlook. The
> address book is simply a view of your Contacts Folder and should never be
> used to enter or edit Contact data.
> Create all Outlook data in the Contacts Folder if you want it to be valid
> and usable.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Microsoft Outlook 2003 If you go to tools the first thing listed in the
> > pull down menu is "address book" .   Yes I manually  recreated every
> > single
> > contact in the "contacts" menu in the address book. Then I moved the
> > contacts
> > to the respective DL.  I "saved and closed" when I finished.  I do not
> > scan
> > my outgoing email with my AV.  I thought I stated the error precisely.
> > I'll
> > try again:  when I creat a DL email and hit send, a pop up screen titled
> > "Microsoft Office Word" has a yellow exclamation triangle and the words
> > "An
> > unexpected error has occured" I hit the OK box and the email does not
> > send.
> > I don't know how to copy a screen. If I did, I would send it to you.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> State the error precisely. Make sure you do NOT scan email with your AV.
> >> Clarify how you moved your data. There is no such thing as an address
> >> book
> >> in Outlook. Are you saying you manually recreated every single Contact
> >> and
> >> DL in your Contacts Folder?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "dpease" <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dpease (10)
1/10/2008 9:48:02 PM
dpease <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Okay, excuse me for being stupid, but where do you go to put in
> contact inforamtion?  Am I not looking in the rght place?

Manipulate contact data in the Contacts folder.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> dpease <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay, excuse me for being stupid, but where do you go to put in
> > contact inforamtion?  Am I not looking in the rght place?
>
> Manipulate contact data in the Contacts folder.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
dpease (10)
1/14/2008 7:23:00 PM
dpease <dpease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Sorry we couldn't get it straiht.

Yea, me too.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Users ability to Manage Groups

Actions to groups of tasks
Is there any way, or am I missing the obvious, to deal with multiple tasks in ones queue or list. As an example, I have a new release of my product, 1 task is to prepare the packages and 1 task is to ship them. If I have 100 customers, can I mass mark the tasks as finished or will have to open 200 dialogs and mark completed when the job is done? The only thing that I seem to be able to do to multiple tasks is delete them? Anyone? Jim Ball jball@XXXaccu-med.com remove the XXX to send an email you may be able to do this with a sql data update or create a solution in code to do thi...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

Grouping and Headers
I want to group on two fields that are a Yes/No answer. I get it to show on the report as two sections. However, when I add a header for each of the groupings it show me both headers over both sections. How do I get a header for each section? One is Board of Directors and the other is Participant's Council Members. Currently shows board members participants councils board name1 board name2 etc. board members partcipants councils participants name1 participants name2 etc. Thanks Grouping within a report is hierarchical. Rows are returned by each...

A word of thanks to Dick Watson and others who help in this group
Your FAQs located at http://umpmfaq.info/index.htm helped me solve a problem I've had since July 06. Kudos to you and the others who continuously donate their time and efforts to solving Money problems of the masses. Thanks for the feedback to all of us who try to help. "Will Lester" <wlsnoops@remove.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:45D55E8D.637F1575@remove.yahoo.com... > Your FAQs located at http://umpmfaq.info/index.htm helped me solve a > problem I've had since July 06. Kudos to you and the others who > continuously donate their time and efforts to s...

Start new page number at each group
How do I start a new page number at each group? For example, I have 5 offices - SF, LA, VA, NJ, NY. For SF, I want to show 1 of 10. Then when it gets to LA, I want to show 1 of 20. Thanks in advance. Take a look at the following link: http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0013.htm Glenn. "jhicsupt" wrote: > How do I start a new page number at each group? > > For example, I have 5 offices - SF, LA, VA, NJ, NY. > > For SF, I want to show 1 of 10. Then when it gets to LA, I want to show 1 > of 20. > > Thanks in advance. ...

calculate difference means when groups have different (n)
I need to run a test for a diference between means when the groups have different numbers (n). Please post to newsgroups or remove the pound sign in return address. Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:05:33 -0700 from Oscar <L3214@hotmail.com>: > I need to run a test for a diference between means when the groups have > different numbers (n). Please post to newsgroups or remove the pound sign > in return address. Enable the Analysis Toolpak and Analysis Toolpak -VBA in Tools | Add- ins. (If they're not listed there, you'll run the Office installer to make them available.) T...

Mortgage (P+I+T+I) categories grouped for reports???
Hi. In MS Money 2006 I split my mortgage transaction down into 4 categories: Mortgage - Principal Mortgage - Interest Mortgage - Taxes Mortgage - Insurance I would like for my total mortgage payment to show up in reports like the "Spending by Category" on the Money Home Page or in my Budget. I would also like to do the same thing for my paycheck. I want to be able to get the detail level, but want the total transaction amount to show up on reports. Does this make any sense? Is this possible? Here's how Money intends to solve this: 1) Create a Loan Account to model t...

Re: Disbale RSS Feeds Folder in Outlook 2007 with Group Policy
hi! I want to remove as well the Folder from the panel to reduce the number of folders. any way to do it? thanks, Nicolas. Window VISTA Home Premium SP1- Office 2007 "broonie27" wrote: > You're correct I am. So do you know how to remove existing RSS folders within > a user's mail stores in Exchange. I've had a look at Managed Default Folders > in Exchange but they are more about retention time than actually removing the > folders entirely. > > Also, do you know if after I have disabled RSS feeds with Group policy > whether alrea...

Dynamic Charts with sub-groups?
I frequently create dynamic charts via look-up tables using Excel 2007. I want to create dynamic charts capable of displaying results for different types of sub-groups without having blanks or zeros appearing in the chart. As an example, I want to create a dynamic chart that charts 4 age groups or 2 gender groups (but the gender chart cannot have any blanks or zero/NA fills). I have to think there's a way around it but my Excel skills aren't that advanced. ...

Protected cells and grouping
I have a spreadsheet that I am using grouping to expend and compress associated lrows of date. Within the group I want to protect some rows. However, I find that when I set this up the grouping no longer functions. Is there a way to set this up so I continue to expand or compress the group and still protect some of the rows of data within the group? Thanks, --Jim Have you thought of using a userform with mutitabs etc to view the sheet.? http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "JimS" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that I am using grouping to expend and compress > asso...

Group Calendar from MSCRM Addons
does anyone have any experience with this add on product from MSCRM Addons? Thanks, Lloyd Lloyd, I found what you referred to at http://www.mtccrm.com/mall/more.asp?fmmore=10287 The pics are for 1.2, but I have a customer that wants this...so I am planning to test this to see how it works. I will post my results when complete. Scott "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8639E9C6-28B9-4EE7-A14F-2F6E85BB4033@microsoft.com... > does anyone have any experience with this add on product from MSCRM > Addons? > > Thanks, Lloyd ...

Sheet protection and "Group and Outline"
I have a worksheet with 3 big tables on it that looks good in Outline view (Showing only the 3 total rows). The sheet is full of equations that needs to be protected. If I protect the sheet, the user will not be able to expand/collapse the Outline view. Is there a way to protect the sheet AND allow the user to collapse/expand the Group and Outline view? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfac...

Grouping on protected worksheets
I want to protect the cells in my worksheet, but when I do I am no longer able to collapse or expand grouped items (rows/columns). Any ideas on how to protect my formulas but not disable grouping functionality? If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True '.EnableAutoFilter = True 'If .FilterMode Then...

how-to change the default grey font for Read Group Headers?
Hi, In the Inbox view settings I see an option to change the 'unread' group header font/color but I cannot see how to change the 'read' group header font/color. I find the default grey to be difficult to read on my monitor and I'd really like to change it. Does anyone have a nifty trick for doing this? Thanks in advance. A little more information: The default font color is light blue for 'read' message groups. I was seeing grey due to a custom desktop style. I went through the list of 'advanced' options in the them settings but none seemed to contr...

Group By Desing View
I am running a query that I created in design view. I am linking a number of tables together to get the result that I need. There are about ten fields in the querry but I only need to display the values of two fields: 'Account' and 'Value'. There are multiple Values for each Account so I am trying to sum the Values and Group By Account. On the Design view in the Total I choose Sum for the Value field and Group By for the Account field. But it does not group anything. It diplsays all entries that the query produces. Is this becuase I have other non-displayed...

Grouping and Outlining
I have a spreadsheet set-up to allow operations personnel to enter units of production for a month and calculate the monthly sales value of the production. In addition I have a life to prior month calculation in front of that and a total column at the back end. To look something like this: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q 1 Unit Contracted LTD May-04 Mar-04 Apr-04 May-04 Jun-04 Jul-04 Total Complete 2 Item Cost Units Qualitity Value Qualitity Value Qualitity Value Qualitity Value Qualitity Value Qualitity Value Qualitity Value 3 Widget 1 5.5 10 5 27.5 1 5.5 1 5.5 3 16...

In Excel
In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of cells) remain visible? Much line using the "Outside Borders" command? Thanks JBESr JB Using the drawing toolbar, select the oval icon and draw the oval over the numbers required. Format the autoshape, Colors and Lines, Fill color to No Fill. Tony >-----Original Message----- >In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. >around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of >cells) remain visi...

Groups
From the Forms toolbar, I have placed a Group Box, and two Option Buttons. I don't understand how to group these items. When I right click on one of these items, "Grouping" appears on the list, and under the Grouping list appears "Group", "Ungroup" and "Regroup"...but they are all dimmed. How do I group these three items? Thanks, Bernie Bernie They should not need grouping? That option is dimmed because it is applicable to shape and picture objects not controls. If you place the group button on the sheet/form first followed by the option b...

Is there a way to use stsadm to determine the owner of the sharepoint groups on a site?
I've tried using stsadm -o enumgroups -url http://site/ but all I get are the group names. What I'm looking for is a list of group names and group owners. I know that I could go to the gui and look at each group, but I was hoping to find a "batch" type solution that I could then more quickly search for users that are no longer a part of the site. If you can write code, look at the SPGroup Class: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spgroup.aspx On Apr 29, 10:11=A0am, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'...

Refreshing Group Schedule
Dear Outlook XP / 2002 Users, Does anyone have a script or trick available to refresh a saved Group Schedule? These schedules work out great except that when someone leaves or a new person is hired, they don't automatically get removed or added to a Group Schedule. Has anyone come up with a method/macro/tip for automatically doing this? Thanks! Kevin ...

Can you Roll-Up Work Totals by Resource Group?
'ello newby apologies if this has been answered before Is there a way to have separate roll-up totals for different resource groups? Scenario - I have 2 teams working on a project, my team and a group from my Client. Ideally i'd like to have my gantt chart show 3 columns: 1. total Work 2. Work by my Team and 3. Work by the Client Team. Doable? TIA! Mikey, The Gantt Chart is a view of tasks; whereas you are asking for a view of resources. They are different. Try this: Menu: View/Resource Usage. Then Menu: Project/Group by ..., pick Resource Group (whi...

Group Contact Mailing List
I want to create a new contract group. Instructions say to open Windows Contacts. On the toolbar click "New Contact Group". Well, guess what. The only things on the toolbar are FILE, EDIT, VIEW, TOOLS HELP. I've checked the sub-titles under each of them and there is no sub-heading for New Contact Group. What am I missing. Any help, greatly appreciated. Ellin Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Butt...

distribution group #7
Do you have to establish an email address for distribution groups so they will show up in the GAL? If you do how do you keep the mailbox from filling up with emails? A DL is NOT a mailbox. Its just a group membership. "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message news:%239vdMysPGHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Do you have to establish an email address for distribution groups so they > will show up in the GAL? If you do how do you keep the mailbox from > filling up with emails? > On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:10:34 -0600, "Brandon" <whocares@yo...

Option Group 01-29-08
I have a query with a field from an option group. 1=Internal, 2=Client. Now in my query how do I have it return the text Internal and Client instead of 1 and 2. The field name is RequestedBy. I think this should be fairly easy, but I have never used it before. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Take a look at the IIF() function in Access HELP. You could add a new field in your query and use something like (untested): NewField: IIF([RequestedBy] = 1, "Internal", "Client") Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "ladybug via Access...