Cannot send from Windows shortcut or Acrobat

Using Office/Outlook 2003, winxp sp1. Ever since I
installed Office 2003 (and I use Outlook 2003 with pop3
email accounts from my website hosting provider), I can't
right click a file and "Send To a Mail Recipient"
anymore. Nothing happens. I get the same problem in
Acrobat 6.0 Professional. It won't let me send a pdf file
when viewing it from the file menu like it use to.

In both cases, I use to have these capabilities when
office xp, or even office 2000 was installed.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Windows shortcut prompt for parameters
Can anyone remember the syntax for getting a Windows shortcut or a command prompt to prompt the user for a parameter? It's something I haven't done for years - possibly decades... In fact, it's been so long that I've been told it's been removed from Windows and that I'll have to use a batch file instead. That seems absurd - surely it's not the case? In dos type doskey /? and you might find something in there, although I doubt it. There is not much you can do anymore as we used to do in ms-dos. Frank "InvisibleDuncan" <InvisibleDun...

Setting Windows Live Mail
:I have Vista and it came with WM. I could not get my server to connect. I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect. I have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times. I have the correct username and password. I keep getting an error 815: The broadband network connection could not be established on your computer because the remote server is not responding. This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service Name: field for this connections. please contact your ISP and inquire about the correct valued for this field and ...

When sending meeting request automatically shows as accepted in calendar
Outlook 2003 when I set up a meeting request and send it to a certain person it autmatically comes up in my calendar as accepted immediately after the request is sent. If I check with the person that I sent it to it does not show up on their calendar and is still in the inbox waiting for a response accepted, declined, ect... This only happens when I send to one particular person. I tested on other users and machines to this same person and do not have the problem. It appears it is only on this one persons computer/email account. Any suggestions on how to fix would be great. &...

STOP 0xF7 SR.SYS BSOD copying Internet Shortcut(s)
I have repeatedly experienced STOP 0x000000F7 in sr.sys "A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer" while attempting to copy a set of Internet Shortcuts to a USB drive using the XCOPY command. I infer that there is something wrong with the file name by default when shortcuts to http://www.likewise.com/index.php are added to IE Favorites. I have been able to work around the problem by simply renaming the shortcut. System is running XP SP3, AFAIK with all known production security patches. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? See the following http://aumha.o...

Sending reports
After customising the settings for Account Transactions, I then wish to send them to a friend via email. I click on Send and then Mail Recipient and it all works fine. However, the amounts are displayed on my screen (within Money) with 2 decimal places, but the amounts on his computer (in Notepad) are shown with 4; ie �20 shows in Money as 20.00 but in Notepad as 20.0000. Interestingly, the dates headings are show as 'Month ended dd/mm/yyyy' but individual transaction dates are in the format yyyy-mm-dd. Are there some settings within Money I need to change for this to work sl...

How do I print to (send) from Word to OneNote?
How do I add to "Print to" the comand "Send to OneNote"? I am using Word 2007 and OneNote 2003. ...

why can't i send e-mails from outlook?
says there is problem with my in-mail server and ougoing mail server. both servers are entered correctly. POP3 for incoming and SMTP outgoing. still does not work. any ideas? Nope - no useful information from you = no useful response from us. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, katy "buff"" <katy "buff asked: | says there is problem with my in-mail server a...

you only have to redraw the window now
sorry, i�ve forgotten the last step. To redraw the window without a infite loop place the following code in your OnSelChange-function of the listbox: TransparentListControl.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); TransparentListControl.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); Dont know what exactly you are trying to do. If you simply want to redraw a window, use Invalidate/UpdateWindow to achieve it. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Global Field to a window
Hi, I am trying to add a global field to a windows, namely SOP_Entry, and the field is ORIGINAL DOCUMENT NUMBER. But the system doesn't allow me to edd these fields to the window. The AutoLinkTable property of the WIndow is set to none, and cannot be changed Please advice, on how to add a global field in this case Thanks in advance Sajid Saeed You would need to either use Dexterity to create an alternate window or use VBA to populate a local field with this value from the table. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions...

A question about window management in windows.
We know the message loop: while(GetMessage(...)) { TraslateMessage(...); DispatchMessage(..); } I'm very curious about "DispatchMessage(..)" which is implemented in User32.dll. 1) Is this API a blocked call? How the call goes internally? 2) Is there a "window manager" component in windows? Is it a user or kernel component? 3) Where can I find the details about window management in windows? Thanks=A3=A1=A3=A1=A3=A1 lostlander schrieb: > We know the message loop: > > while(GetMessage(...)) > { > TraslateMessage(...); > Dispa...

why arent my messages sending?? they go to outbox??
why arent my messages sending?? they go to outbox?? can any one give me some ideas please? You first. Post your Outlook version, mail account type, and what Send/Receive settings you specified for the account in question. You will then be able to answer your own question instead of trying to make others read your mind. -- Russ Valentine "jason" <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6412680-0516-4BD7-ACA7-DFEF89EAC99A@microsoft.com... > why arent my messages sending?? they go to outbox?? can any one give me > some > ideas please?...

Windows 7 Appearance.
I personally think that there should be an option of having more than one color for your Windows appearance (the display windows) It would be nice to see the ability to have three or two colors on display windows (like a rainbow effect) so that users can have a more friendly theme and it gives them more options to play with the display. An example would be to release a Windows 7 Aero theme with two tone colors or a rainbow transparency color that could give users the ability to edit the colors used and have there own unique themes. Perhaps this could be implemented into Wind...

Windows 2008 R2 Agent Deployment
I just installed DPM 2007 SP1 on a server hosting Windows Server 2008 R2. All appears to be working on the server. When i try to deploy agents using DPM to my workstations, on the browse list i see many systems, but do not see any which are running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to deploy agents to Windows 2008 R2 servers using DPM. How can i go about installing the agents on these systems. Thanksm, Mike Can you please follow the manual agent installation path? Please find the required steps at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870935.aspx Than...

Sending emails using multiple sigs and POP accounts
Hi, I'm having a problem using multiple POP email accounts in Outlook Express. I have sig files set up for each and if I'm replying to a message it uses the correct corresponding email address to send from and the correct sig file. However, If I'm sending a new email it always uses my default email rather than the email of the folder I have set up (using rules) for the mail to go to. Is there any way to be able to highlight a folder and have it use a particular email to send from? I've done this with IMAP just fine but not POP. Help? Thanks!! Kristin Suggest you s...

Send/Receive
Does anyone know how to update the Exchange so that Outlook automatically does the send/receive in the individual mailboxes? I am having problems with the users and them sending email and the messages sitting in their mailboxes. Any help provided would be appreciated. Unless Outlook is working in Offline mode, this shouldn't be an issue. If the issue is mail being sent and then "appearing" to sit in the outbox, but then disappears as soon as you click on a different folder, then you have an issue with UDP packets being blocked between the server and clients. -- Ben Win...

Outlook 2003, outbox won't send
outlook 2003, xp sp2, all updates, 5 computers total. All of them throughout the day have all kinds of trouble sending out emails. after the users click send, they are moved to the outbox where they remain for sometimes 10-15-20 minutes, half the time they never send at all. other times I have to close outlook, restart, send/receive, and they send. if that doesn't work, sometimes i can go to the outbox, double click the messages, and hit 'send' again and they will leave the outbox and send successfully. we don't have any of these plugins installed; http://www.slipstick.com/pro...

Outlook 2003/XP: How do I remove error windows each time prog star
Windows XP / Outlook 2003 Error Message #1: Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 with CD icon "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003' disk and click OK. Use source: Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003" 1st got this message after CD was inserted to recover partial file STDP11N. Recovered STDP11N, however, still receiving pop up window with error message each time outlook opens. Had to reinstall Microsoft Office Small...

Won't open from windows.
Whenever I attempt to use the SEND TO Mail Recipient on the right click menu, i.e., to send a file or send an url from I.E. Tools, Mail and News I get an error report pop-up referenced to Outlook 2000 and the mail message for outlook 2000 wont open. I have all Office updates up to date. It works only if Outlook 2000 is already running. ...

Problems sending attachments
Hello and thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. I have an Exchange 2000 SP3 server I support for a customer which is having problems sending mail with attachments to at least one domain. In my test scenario, I send a message from the mailbox on the server. If it contains an attachment (I have only tried this with one particular Excel spreadsheet but users report problems with other types of files as well) the attachment will appear to arrive in the destination mailbox but will be corrupted (it seems as if something is truncating it - it's quite a bit smaller at the recieving end...

Can't remove "send message" toolbar
I have an excel file that I use frequently. I sent it as an e-mail, and saved the file when den with it. Now when I open it, it has several lines under the usual toolbars dealing with "sending e-mail" ie Send this sheet, to, cc, subject etc. I've looked all over and can't seem to be able to toggle this feature on or off. The file itself works fine, and I assume this is a toolbar feature to allow for quick e-mailing, but would like to remove it. Answered my own question. You click on the e-mail icon in the standard toolbar to remove it. "Scott" wrote:...

Splitters in wizards and MDI child windows
Hi, apologies for the long post! I'm trying to write an application that uses split window views onto documents, both in normal MFC child windows and on wizard pages. Unfortunately, its all becoming rather messy and I'm sure there must be a better way to do it. The design (although its not really worthy of the term!) - I have 3 very similar document classes, CBM_SC_Doc, CBM_ML_Doc and CBM_SD_Doc; all derived from a CBMDocument base class. - For use in MDI child windows, I have CMDIChildSCFrame, CMDIChildMLFrame and CMDIChildSDFrame; all derived from a CMDIChildFrame base cla...

unexpected error when sending email
I have been unable to send email to other user at all. I've set-up the CRM with the MSDN Subscriber set version 1.2 international english Every email sent from the CRM client returns the error unexpected error ...

Switchboard is always covering other windows that open
I've created a switchboard. It constantly remains on top. Any other report, table, etc opens behind it. I've never had this happen with a switchboard before. Any ideas how to fix this? I've checked properties & such ... haven't had any luck. On the Other tab in Properties, set Pop Up to No. -- HTH CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! "SCS" <SCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8290F332-B29E-4C9D-8CA8-15D8F7568179@microsoft.com... &...

MFC Extention DLL can't create a Dialog window from own resource
Hi there. I have MFC Extention DLL which has own CDialog derived class and resource associated with it. In another application I'm trying to create this dialog by exported function of the DLL. Unfortunately in my live project this trick doesn't work. But when I created thin test project using same DevEnv (VC++ 6 SP6) it is working just fine. When I run that exported function in my live project I get Debug Assertion in afxwin1.inl line 22. void CreateCitrixWindow() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetAppModuleState()); Sheet_Citrix* pCitrix = new Sheet_Citrix(); pCitrix->DoModal(); ...

Sending Email From Exchange server 2000
Hi , My mail server is behind the router So I forward Port no 25 and Port no 110 for SMTP and POP3 (TCP and UDP port) but Now i can receive email form outside like yahoo/hotmail but i can not send email thru my mail server .If you can send me some solution regarding this tht will be great.. Biswajit De biswajit_de@hotmail.com Hello Biswajit, Thank you for your post. Unfortunately I will need a little more information: 1. Can you browse the internet from this box? 2. What happens when you try to send email? 3. What version of Exchange is this? Let me know, and I will see if I can reso...