Cannot send from Outlook on laptop

Have been trying to set up Outlook on my new laptop.  I'm sure everything is properly configured for gmail.    When I run the settings self-test, it will do everything but send the test message.  It says my e-mail address field is incorrect, but it isn't.  I've contacted Comcast.  They had no clue.

I'm thinking this may have to do with wireless?  I have a Netgear router.  A secured connection.  But it doesn't even work when I have the laptop docked.

Thoughts?

Kimberly

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
0
Kimberly

If your new laptop is XP try turing off the firewall and testing your email
:)

<Kimberly> wrote in message news:20061010113930krmoekle@gmail.com...
> Have been trying to set up Outlook on my new laptop.  I'm sure everything
> is properly configured for gmail.    When I run the settings self-test, it
> will do everything but send the test message.  It says my e-mail address
> field is incorrect, but it isn't.  I've contacted Comcast.  They had no
> clue.
>
> I'm thinking this may have to do with wireless?  I have a Netgear router.
> A secured connection.  But it doesn't even work when I have the laptop
> docked.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Kimberly

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

0
ebroo (2)
10/10/2006 3:51:11 PM
<Kimberly> wrote in message news:20061010113930krmoekle@gmail.com...
> Have been trying to set up Outlook on my new laptop.  I'm sure everything
> is properly configured for gmail.    When I run the settings self-test, it
> will do everything but send the test message.  It says my e-mail address
> field is incorrect, but it isn't.  I've contacted Comcast.  They had no
> clue.
>
> I'm thinking this may have to do with wireless?  I have a Netgear router.
> A secured connection.  But it doesn't even work when I have the laptop
> docked.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Kimberly

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

The odds are you haven't configured the gmail smtp server as specified at :

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278&topic=1555

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

0
John

Limitation of Outlook Pesonal Folder
Hi Guys, Can you give me a reference where I can find information about limitation of personal Folder of MS Outlook? If its possible that the information was stated the maximum size (GB?) Thanks, Mark Here is a link to an article that talks about the Personal Folder file size limitation for Oultook 97-2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296088. Outlook 2003 has a much larger limitation and here is a link to an article that discusses its limitations, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;830336. I hope this information is helpful. Robe...

Exchange 2003 ESM and Outlook 2003 coexistance on the same client
Is there any convenient way to have Exchange 2003 ESM and Outlook 2003 coexist on the same client. I would like to install ESM on my customer service tech's machines but, as you may know, Exchange and outlook use the same mapi32.dll file. I have found a registry hack that will keep Exchange's mapping the the dll and not let Outlook mapi32.dll checking function overwrite it but it seems to break down every so ofter. For some reason it will be working fine for months, then ESM stops working and I need to reinstall again (possible due to Outlook security updates). Have any of you ...

Outlook 2000 CPU hog
Hope one of the gurus can help me out here. Today all of the sudden I open Outlook and notice that my CPU usage is constantly pegged at 100% and stays there until I close Outlook. Is there a fix for this? TIA. Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP SP2 1.6G Pentium 4 1.5G mem -- marx404 _________________ Oh, I should have checked with Slipstick first. I assume that this is the solution? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1E252CCF-452A-4313-A402-B50C4405580A&displaylang=en -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" <404@404.com> wrote in message news:...

Getting a script error in Outlook 2003 after uninstalling CRM 1.2
I uninstalled the Outlook CRM client from my computer and now whenever I try and complete a task in Outlook the script debugger opens and then gives me an error saying ActiveX could not open object, crmaddin.UIutil Line No2. Any ideas. I do not see any CRM addin in the adin manager Bryan ...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Outlook contacts #16
When I am creating a new email and I click on the "to" box - a list of my contacts pops up. Many of the contacts are duplicated - the reason being that one is for an e-mail address and the other is a fax number. If I try to find out which one I have, by going to "properties" it opens the contact's file giving me all of their info. How can I get only the e-mails for my contacts in this list? And what if the contact has more than one email address? Thanks in advance... Geoffrey Ungar <dejugs@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I am creating a new email and I click...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Removal of Outlook 2000 from XP home Help
I am attempting to remove an unauthorized version of Office 2K from a Win XP home computer. The Removal went fairly normal except that now when accessing any E-Mail client, the Windows installer is attemtping to install something from the Win 2K premium disk. Is there a Registery entry causing this problem? Is there a way to stop this from happening? do you know what it's installing and does it fix it if you give it the disk? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

Outlook 2002 and IMAP
Outlook Express automatically places the sent message into the IMAP folder on the remote server. This is OK. Outlook 2002 does not seem to do that and instead posts it into the Sent Items in the local personal folders. Not good when one is out of the office and the Pocket PC cannot access "sent" mail on the IMAP server. Any clues ? There does not seem an easy way to specify the default folder for storing sent mail when IMAP is used. LH In message <<042101c3a3e7$e5eea120$a401280a@phx.gbl>> "Louis Hissink" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> did ...

Outlook 2003 #217
When my hard disk (W2K) crashed I had saved my .pst file on another partition. When I re-installed Outlook 2003, applied the SP1a patch, and setup me email, etc. I know have 3 choices of contracts to choose from, from the dropdown box. The first 2 give an error, when I type in a name to send an email to, where as the 3rd choice (and they are all named contacts), allows me to see my list of contact email addresses. How can I correct this? I would like to clean this up by just having one Contact choice, whereas the list of my contacts would appear when I choose send mail to option. ...

How do I export .dba calendar files from a Palm Treo to Outlook?
Chapura won't do it. Something about a problem with calendar files. ...

Outlook #175
At one time I could send mail "on behalf of..." However, now I can't remember how to do that. Nvermind - I figured it out. >-----Original Message----- >At one time I could send mail "on behalf of..." However, >now I can't remember how to do that. >. > ...

Outlook Security Settings #2
I am trying to use Outlook security settings. I have installed the settings precisely as described on the MS site and the settings work perfectly for me and one or two others but not for the rest of my defined group. We are using Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 and Outlook XP. I cannot find any debugging or logging info anywhere and am a little stuck as to what to do next. Can anyone offer any ideas??? jON ...

Outlook Express blocking some attachments
My boss is sending me perfectly safe attachments, usually graphics, and Express blocks them so I can't open while letting through other attachments in the same email. What can I do to fix this? Thanks! Tools->Options->Security. I have lost count, but this must be close the 100,000th repeat of the same question. Next time, try google. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find so...

Outlook Express address bk. from Mac to Outlook PC ?? Help
I am trying to export the address bk from my Outlook Express (Mac OS 9.2) to a form that my Outlook PC (Windows XP) can read and use. Any thoughts on what procedure to follow. When I export from the Mac it just saves it as a "Simple text" file - no much good for what I want to do. Any thoughts??? ...

Outlook Resolution
Bet you can't fix this. When I open Outlook the resolution changes to 480x680 from 1024x728 when I exit it returns to normal resolution: What I have tried so far: Made sure under compatibility mode 480x680 was not selected Outlook repair - complete. Uninstall/re-install rebuild outlook profile remove registry entries What I can do: open outlook normally on a different user account without the resolution changes to my screen. I do not want to re-build a new profile for this end user. This problem is driving me nuts... -- --jack You're probably right that we can't fix it,...

Outlook 2003 #208
While in Outlook 2003, I would like my auto select use my contact list as a default address book. My goal is to use the auto complete (auto suggest) when typing in address's etc. I have the auto select checked in the preferences although nothing comes up or auto fills the name and email etc. Thanks. TEC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While in Outlook 2003, I would like my auto select use my > contact list as a default address book. My goal is to use > the auto complete (auto suggest) when typing in > address's etc. I have the auto select c...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...