cannot save email password

in setting up outlook i can enter the password and save
it. however every time i exit outlook and logon again i
have to re-enter the password.

Any idea ?
0
microt1 (1)

I'm not sure which version you are running, so I can't
give you specifics, but here is the general idea.  For
instance, in outlook 2003, select tools, email accounts,
view or change.  Then select your mail account from the
pop up and select change.  There is an option in your
mail account setup to enter your password.  Be sure to
click the "remember my password" button.

It's similar in outlook 98 and outlook 2000 and outlook
express but the interface is slightly different.  You
have to figure out how to get to your mail server setup
dialogue and check remember my password.

Regards,
Shawn

0
sdfox_74 (1)
5/24/2004 5:05:57 PM
If click on remember still doesn't work,

On systems, Outlook or Outlook Express will not remember the e-mail
password,
which would then need to be entered in each time.

To solve the problem:

  1.. Open Registry Editor
  2.. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft
  3.. Right Click Protected Storage System Provider
  4.. Choose the Permissions option
  5.. Click the Advanced box near the bottom right hand corner. This should
open another box, Towards the bottom of this box there should be two tick
boxes, make sure that both of them are ticked. Click Apply, another box will
open Click Yes, then Click OK and OK again.
  6.. Left Click the + next to Protected Storage System Provider and Delete
any sub folder in this tree. (Right clicking and choose the delete option or
press the delete key and choosing yes to delete)
  7.. Shutdown and Restart Computer.

--
Bob Cerelli
http://www.onecomputerguy.com

<sdfox_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure which version you are running, so I can't
> give you specifics, but here is the general idea.  For
> instance, in outlook 2003, select tools, email accounts,
> view or change.  Then select your mail account from the
> pop up and select change.  There is an option in your
> mail account setup to enter your password.  Be sure to
> click the "remember my password" button.
>
> It's similar in outlook 98 and outlook 2000 and outlook
> express but the interface is slightly different.  You
> have to figure out how to get to your mail server setup
> dialogue and check remember my password.
>
> Regards,
> Shawn

0
bobc2673 (12)

Recovery of lost emails
Hi i just recently reformated my computer to the extent where no files were lost. my isp said that the emails recived through outlook express 6 should still be on my computer ready to be imported but i seem to having trouble finding those lost emails. my os is windows xp and i have outlook express 6 stang <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi i just recently reformated my computer to the extent > where no files were lost. my isp said that the emails > recived through outlook express 6 should still be on my > computer ready to be imported but i seem to hav...

Opening Email Program in IE8
When I try to open my email program with the envelope icon on my IE8 toolbar I get the error message: cannot perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed. This was working fine and suddenly stopped. How can I correct? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Also state your default Mail Client (e.g., Outlook Express; Windows Mail; Outlook; Thunderbird; Windows Live Mail; Yahoo Mail). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA...

Changing the "reply to" on emails
I have several support reps who monitor a queue for customer support requests and then reply to the customer using a CRM email activity. We want any customer reply to our email to be sent to the email address asssociated with the queue. Currently, the emails we send via the CRM use the support rep's email address for the "sent from" and "reply to" addresses. The problem is that when the customer replies to that email, the reply is sent to the support rep's outlook vs back into the support queue. The support rep could be on vacation, etc. I tried settin...

money password #4
I backed up money to a cd shortly before my computer crashed. I reinstalled Money 2001 on a new computer and went to restore my money and it won't let me...says I need a password. Never set a password up and it won't let me get my info. How do I restore around this password request when there is no password. This password request usually means that your Money file was written by a version later than the one you have installed. Are you sure you didn't have e.g. M2004 trial or similar on your PC? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see ht...

Outlook 2007 Auto open email from known sender
There are a few people in my contact list with whom I need to keep in constant contact. A nice feature would be, for those individuals I trust, to automatically open email on my desktop, or at least to make the auto-notification window persistent. Thanks, Jeff ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

FYI on Chk'ing "Change Hotmail Password Every X Days"
I made the mistake of changing my Live Password and then checking the box for changing it again every X days. I have Hotmail going to Outlook. Time flies & All of a sudden I'd get a Hotmail Password Request Box REPEATEDLY popping-up whenever the Outlook Send/Receive was going. After hours of scratching my head the "Your (Hotmail) Password Has Expired" box Finally surfaced, and after creating a new one all the pop-ups stopped. Use this Change-Password feature with the above possibility in mind. FYI Thanks for sharing - we're seeing a lot a issues with outl...

Email not coming to Inbox without refreshing screen
I am required to leave Outlook open on my desktop in order for my wireless sync application to work with my PDA, but no email comes into my Inbox unless the screen is manually refreshed - any way I can change that? I have Outlook 2000 and am connected to an exchange server. Thanks for any suggestions. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815052/en-us=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, deddlem asked: | I am re...

Can't recieve and keeps asking for username and password?
I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there. Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i never saw before. Can someone help me -- Sharae Schneider Is it an email account prompt or a prompt to sign o...

Incoming emails
Hi all, we are installing MS CRM and we have problems about incoming emails. We understand that there is a way in which incoming emails of a sales representative enters directly to his workplace email folder. This is an option of the options window. We Typed CRMEmailEnabled in the Exchange Custom Attribute of exchange in the user. If the sales representative receives an email it enters to the inbox instead of the workplace email folder and we have to promote it manually. We are confused, can the sales representative receive an email directly to MS CRM?? or it is mandatory to promote it?? ...

Can I Save My Relationship
What if you could recapture your ex lovers mind, heart and soul?...Wipe the slate clean? Turn back time? Even if you feel right now that your situation is too far gone=85too screwed up =85or just plain too darn complicated? You already know how hard it is to just even wake up and roll out of bed in the morning. You leave your radio off on your way to work because every song is a painful reminder of him. You can't even bear to eat at the same restaurants you took her to. And if that isn't bad enough, you have to cope with the loss of friends and family that are on their side. Did you...

email size is 2 or 3 times larger than original size
the original email document in publisher is 64 k before sending , after sending , the receiver of the email gets a file thats 146k in size, without using the signature in outlook, or sometimes it doubles, triples etc, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Auto cc to spesified email address
Dear The Expert, when users send email, then it automatically cc to spesified email address.. ie. when user1@mydomain.com send email.. the copy of email also sent to BossOfUser1@mydomain.com is it possible? .. please advise If this is to monitor user email activity I find it easier to give manager of User X rights to open User X's mailbox and view what is being sent, received..... If this is for incoming messages in their exchange account you can set messages to be copied to the managers mailbox under delivery options. If anyone knows a better way I am all ears. "Wina...

Website email related problem
Our website is on the same internal network and shares the same domain name as our Exchange 2003 server (Win 2003 server environment). PROBLEM: if a website user clicks on an email (ex: mailto:info@vipclubber.com) using the same domain email address from the site domain, the email does not go through to the mailbox where it was originally sent. I am not sure if it is a DNS, Mail Server or alias problem. What should be done to ensure a successful delivery of any related email funstion from the website to the correct mailbox that shares the same domain? Please help! ...

secure password authentication TLS
hi everybody, my exh2003 frontend and backend system front end in dmz (legal ip) backend internal ip for basic authentication no problem at all, can send and receive email.. from internal and external client.(pop3) using OE i want to setup secure password autentication internal client (OE) can retrieve email but external client cannot.. error from outlook "unable to logon the server using Secure Password Authentication.." diferent setting on OE betwen internal OE and external OE on the incoming mail pop3 i dont want external client know my backend exch external OE = incoming ma...

Excel 2003 crashing on saving
One of the PCs in the office has a problem where it excel crashes upon saving large spreadsheets (anything above about 50mb) , however size shouldn't be an issue as that PC has 1gb of RAM. The same spreadsheet works fine on other PCs , and it happens on the problem machine no matter who's using it. Re-installing office makes no difference and smaller spreadsheets work fine. It puts an error in the event log , (ID 1000) Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.5612.0, stamp 3f39ff9d, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.5612.0, stamp 3f39ff9d, debug? 0, fault address 0x0007e7ae....

Using Mail Merge to create email broadcast?
I'm trying to use publisher to create a personalized email message for a list of clients. I see an option to print the results of the merge, how do I send these as HTML via email. Thanks ...

Email templates or stanard replies
I receive email questions from customers, a lot of the emails could have standard replays. Is there a way i can store standard replays, then when i click reply i can then just insert the standard. If anyone could give me some ways of stroring standard replays to questions Thanks Simon wrote: > I receive email questions from customers, a lot of the emails could > have standard replays. Is there a way i can store standard replays, > then when i click reply i can then just insert the standard. > > If anyone could give me some ways of stroring standard replays to > questions &...

only save record when command button clicked
I have a form with numerous data entry fields on it. I only want the record to be saved when the saved command button is clicked to prevent partial record data from being saved. I can't use required entry because some fields need to stay empty. How would I do this? It must be easy but I just can't find how to do this. Thanks so much You don't really need a commaqnd button. Instead use the BeforeUpdate event of your form to cancel the save if the fields you want to save aren't filled. If you do want to save on a command button, you will need to unbind your form fro...

sending email at a certain time

eMail pane columns conundrum
Just a few minutes ago, something changed about my eMail view pane (not reading pane). Now all my various folders show only two columns. one is 'view:????' depending on the view I have selected and the other is 'Oldest on top' or 'newest...' depending on which I select. To get my original view with columns. I have to go to 'Tools>Options>Other tab>Advanced Options Button'. Then, without changing anything at all, I 'OK' my way out and 'Voile!!' Everything is back to normal. But change to a different Folder and it's not right an...

Not everyone can resolve emails, but I can!
Of the 10 people in my business, only I can resolve "red" emails to contacts or accounts. I have no problems, but no one else can resolve any emails. I'm advised that his could be to do with some IE setting, or pop-up blocker or anti-spyware, as the process is largely handled by local code. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Mike ...

How do I set up Outlook 2007 to work with AOL (my email provider)
AOL is my email service provider. I do not want to give up my email address @aol.com. Is there any way to set up Outlook 2007 so that all my mail (except deleted items) is available on both programs? chorn <chorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > AOL is my email service provider. I do not want to give up my email address > @aol.com. Is there any way to set up Outlook 2007 so that all my mail > (except deleted items) is available on both programs? http://postmaster.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/imap/ -- Adam Bailey | Chic...

trying to email with publisher
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

Password protecting certain worksheets in a file
How do I set passwords to protect just certain worksheets in a file? If you mean worksheet passwords, one way: Public Sub ProtectSomeButNotAll() Const sPWORD As String = "drowwsap" Dim vSheets As Variant Dim i As Long vSheets = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5") For i = LBound(vSheets) To UBound(vSheets) Worksheets(vSheets(i)).Protect sPWORD Next i End Sub In article <071001c53487$7cdd3bb0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...