Cannot open this Item Error message

Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my
Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders
because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is
located I can open it with no problems.

Bartlomiej...@gmail.com wrote:
> Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my
> Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders
> because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is
> located I can open it with no problems. I have Outlook 2003

What version of Outlook and what environment (POP3, Exchange)? Do you use a
PST? If so, what size is it?
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Bartlomiejpol@gmail.com" wrote:

> Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my
> Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders
> because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is
> located I can open it with no problems.

0
KOrland1 (1012)

Windows users cannot open attachments created in Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I "upgraded" [HA!] from Office 2004 to Office 2008 in January. I soon discovered that Windows users could not open Word files I created (regardless of whether I saved them as .doc or .docx, and regardless of their ability to open .docx files.) I don't remember how I fixed the problem, and it's happening in Excel too. I wasted several hours trying to find a fix and I can't. Mac users can open the .xls file I sent, but Windows users can't. I had no trouble uploading the files to a Windows network d...

Messages Show as Unread
Running SBS2000 with Exchange. In a Public Folder, the messages won't allow their status to be changed. The trick is that some show up read, some show up unread. Even though the option to change their status shows up, selecting it has no effect. Is this an Outlook thing? (Outlook 2002) Thank you. What permissions do the viewers of the PFs have on the PFs? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and find...

Automatically opening in compatibility mode
I created a new .dotx file in word 2007. When I go to use it in word 2007, it automatically opens in compatibility mode which makes the active x control features like drop downs not work. How can I make it open without being in compatibility mode? Compatibility mode is for Word 97-2003 templates and documents, only. I suspect what you are seeing is files opening in *Design* mode. You can turn it off by clicking the button on the Developer tab, but note that macro security forces Design mode. Rather than reducing the security level, I'd advise against using ActiveX con...

Microsoft outlook open
When I try to open Outlook (Office 2007)(via start menu) I get a dialog box saying 'cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open Outlook window'. I do not get a program restore option when I try to use 'Microsoft office tools" as I don't get the 'application recovery' option showing. Thanks Ian Did Outlook ever open? Can you open it using the command line option - start->run->outlook.exe /safe? Note the space after the .exe and before the / -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Data Migration Framework Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to migrate object: crmActivityUnknownError 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- <a...

Moving outlook items
As I have Outlook 97 and Outlook Express 6, I'm using OE as my default mail handler. However, I have a fair number of emails stored in Outlook to which I have to refer from time to time. Is there any way to move them so that I can open them in OE and thus not have to use Outlook at all? Also: when clicking on an email link (xxx@ somethingorother), my Windows treats Outlook as the default mail handler and opens a new message in outlook. Any way I can change this? Any help appreciated Nick On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:05:41 +0100, "Nick Drew" <spam@nickdrew.com> wrote: >...

Out of office assistant error message
If i try to open my out of office assistant, I get an error message stating that it can not be opened due to a unspecified error. After closing this window another message comes up and says that "system resources are critically low" which is not the case. What can I do to remedy this problem. Thanks TK ...

bad image error message
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002. One of my users just started getting this error message: The application or DLL c:\winnt\system32\Inetcomm.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. He can't send or receive any e-mail in outlook. I have removed and re-installed Office XP, tried to run the repair feature, and researched the knowledge base with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rudy ...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy.
When I try to copy and paste a table from Excel into Word I am getting the error "can't empty clipboard" appears after hitting the copy function...This has happened a couple of times but only after extended use of the program. When I pull up the clipboard there is nothing on it at all...I opened the clipboard on every program I have running to see if its full somewhere else but it isn't. ...

RMS SO 2.0 Manager
On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5 minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity. When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at all. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution? I've already tried r...

Drawers pops open on Credit Cards
Hello, Im using Star SP100 printers and using the Windows drivers in which I have the Open Drawer 1 option selected. Unfortunatelly, the drawer pops open on all payment types and the client wants the drawers to pop open only on Cash. I hope I dont have to get OPOS drawers..... Any ideas? Thank you in advance. Manager | Database | Tender types , uncheck pop cash drawer for all tender types you don't want the drawer to open for. Craig "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4852B778-69A3-4A0A-886D-1872F2A9A98A@microsoft.com... > Hello, ...

Excel menus are locked when opening an XLS file using IE
A financial website (www.investors.com) is publishing daily an Excel spreadsheet. When I click on the link, Internet Explorer asks me whether I want to save the file or open the file. When I choose "Open" the Excel file shows up nicely in my browser ... the IE menus change to Excel menus. Problem: I can only use the File menu choices; the other menus are LOCKED. Why? I'm using Office XP on Windows 2000 Professional. At work I'm using Office 2002 and things work fine. Is this an Office XP issue, or is ther somewhere a setting that I have to teak? Any help is mu...

Reset Autofilter when opening a workbook
Hi all, Is it possible to reset the autofilter when opening (or closing) a workbook. The problem is: Row C must stay the autofilter. (and the sheet is password protected) Does someone has an anser for this problem? Thank you. Berry If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True '.EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True If .FilterMod...

Filtering Messages To Receive Only From Your Contacts?
Anyone know how to create a filter list that you will only accept mail from people on your contact list in Outlook and/or Outlook Express. I just dont understand why is it that Hotmail and Yahoo mail can do this seamlessly. I have tried to mess around with the filter settings, but with no luck. Even if you get mail from people on your list to your box and the rest goes to the trash bin like hotmail would be great. Thx Rob Outlook 2002 has this built into Rules Wizard. In earlier versions, = you'd have to add each contact to the rules individually.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Out...

Money 2004
Suddenly whenever I try to run Money 2004 (standard) I get a C++ Runtime error message that the application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way and that I should the application's (ie. MSMoney) support team for more information. I have made no changes to the system that I am aware of and have re-installed Money, uninstalled and re-installed it, run the repair utility on the data file, and tried to open the sample data file after re-installation. I have also performed a hard disk test and have up-to-date virus and spyware programs running at all times. Help gre...

add items to a contact
I would like to know if it were possible (and how, maybe with a plugin) to add items to a contact in outlook 2003. In concrete, as I have seen in Agilix Gobinder 2005 or Tabletplanner, in a contact one can add persons (spouse, sons, assistants, etc) and then add to each of them items (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). In the calendar view, these family celebration dates appear so one would be able to recall them. Gobinder and Tabletplannet can sync with Outlook , but unfortunatly, these added items have no counterpart in outlook, so they are missed in outlook. Any help, please? Jaume You...

Sendmail brings up funky error message
I have hosting on Godaddy, I am using sendmail component in my script, I am getting this error message: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc6a. The server response was 451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html at the SmtpMail.Send(Mail); line: Mail.Body = "Company: " + Request.Form["company"] + "\nFirst Name: " + Request.Form["firstname"] + "\nLast Name: " + Request.Form["surname"] + "\nCategory: " + Request.Form["category"] + "\n ...

Occasional blank messages in Outlook 2007
I have Norton Internet Security on my laptop with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Only on that laptop do I find that every third or every other newer email message suddenly comes up blank when I start outlook. What may be causing this and how can it be fixed? Thanks! -- Craig Salt Lake City A lot of modern Antivirus products will scan your e-mail for you as it's received (and sometimes sent too). On the surface of it this seems like a good idea but in practice it often causes problems with Outlook such as blank messages, missing attachments, stalls and hangs and other ...

How to trace a slow message?
I have one user that is complaining about messages taking a significant amount of time(24 hrs) to deliver. The message all have legal attachments, which consists of several doc files adding up to under 2 MB worth of data (1.6 MB max). Our Exchange server has no restrictions set for e-mail attachments that I know of. I've been trying to test the situation out but can't duplicate the problem. There are two main message originators that work in different companies(so different sending servers). My user has trouble receiving this e-mail from either sender. I've tried t...

error opening up SOP Short History Invoice Form
Trying to use the SOP Short History Invoice Form instead of the blank one, but each time I selected it I get an error. "Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is not loaded" I'm on GP 8.00g44. Pete, Make sure you are not looking for a mdified report. someone might have modified the SOP Short History Invoice Form and given you acces to it. If you do not have the modifed report dictionary locally, or have permisions to see it on a shared drive, you will recieve this message. If your company is running Manufacturing for Great Plains, check to see i...

Outlook is not recognizing a Sent Items Folder
When I try to send messages to people, it never gets sent. Instead it stays in my Outbox. This is because Outlook XP is not recognizing a Sent Items folder or it is not there. Please help me to fix Outlook. Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296192 "Robin Arora" <robinarora@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2e5d01c37514$018d77b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send messages to people, it never gets > se...

Office for Mac apps will not open
After one year of use my Office for Mac applications will not open. Error message cites "not enough memory" but Apple confirms memory is fine. Any ideas? No, but there is an Office for Mac forum in these communities, called office.public.mac. Perhaps someone there can help-- -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E25F410-5DA4-4E86-9D46-C491818B2FF4@microsoft.com... > After one year of use my Office for Mac applications will not open. Error >...

Error messages and disabled 2000 Access dbs when opening them in 2007 Access
Just installed the upgrade from Professional 2000 to Professional 2007. Am not happy with the results - especially Access. I posted the following complaint about Access on the microsoft.public.office.misc and was told I needed to post it in an Access group. Not sure this is the right group. 2007 Access will not open any of my 2000 Access databases without a stream of error messages first and then will not allow me in through the switchboard without enabling it for only **1** session!! Only after working through/closing about 1/2 dozen error messages am I able to get to a "Secur...

Opening new files
Hello, I am using Excel 2000 (Windows Me). I would like to know how to open a file or worksheet in new window i.e. every file I open must apear in new window. Currently when I open a file it is being opened in the same window. Please help. Thank you. *CPP* ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ While working on a file; if you try to open a new file from excel then it will be opened in the same window. But if you find the file and double click on the file, ...

Inactive Items
We have several dormant items which we dont want to delete since we might activate those in the future. These items by the way have historical data but no current inventory, allocated, on order, returned or in use quantities. Kindly advise what is the best way to prevent the users from accidentally adding transactions to these items. Thank you. Change the Item Type in Cards>> Inventory>> Item to "Discontinued", this will warn the user that this item is discontinued on Receiving and will not allow the Sales. Mak sure not to select "Remove Discont...