cannot open Outlook

When I try to open Outlook 97 I get the following error:

Mapisp32

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=bff7b997 EFLGS=00000246
EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0063f8d0 EBP=0063fab8
ECX=c14eb7f0 DS=0167 ESI=0063fd58 FS=5217
EDX=bffc9490 ES=0167 EDI=0063fd58 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
ff 76 04 e8 26 89 ff ff 5e c2 04 00 56 8b 74 24
Stack dump:
0063fb10 7c6b2593 0063fd58 85762034 0063fb10 7c6b2484 0063fb10 85762034
85762278 85762278 7c6a7881 0063fb10 0063fb10 0063fb24 00000000 00000000

OUTLOOK NEWS #2
Once again my news does not work. When I click it, I get a folder full of outlook stuff. This has happened before and someone here helped me. I, unfortunately, do not remember what to do. Next time I will save the instructions as this seems to be happening again and again. The word news appears at the top but when clicked there is nothing but the folder. Help Please! Thanks! You mean you cannot start the Newsreader from within Outlook? Go to Internet Explorer and make sure Outlook Express is set as the default newreader. For other solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news....

Distribution Lists in Outlook XP
In Outlook XP, you can create a distribution list and store it in your Contacts folder. When I try to forward the distribution list that I created as an attachment in an email message to someone using Outlook 98, they do not see the distribution list when they double click on the attachment. In fact, the attachment appears as if it is a message and the subject of the message is the name of the distribution list. The Outlook 98 user does not see the members in the distribution list. I suspect that this is a compatibility issue between the two different versions of Outlook. I'm wonderin...

Date white-out in Outlook 2002
Hi again. I'm not sure what causes it, but when viewing my calendar and clicking on any date, that specific day's number show white causing me not to see it. Is there a way I can fix this? -- Regards, Deon H what windows theme are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Duplicated messages during importing from Outlook Express
I now have duplicates of ever message..any suggestions on how to delete all my messages and re-import from outlook express... Thanks Try select all control A to select all message in your mailbox and press your delete key if you want to delte all messages. When you import there should be an option to check for duplicates as well. >-----Original Message----- >I now have duplicates of ever message..any suggestions on >how to delete all my messages and re-import from outlook >express... > >Thanks >. > Vince <vjong@adelphia.net> wrote: > I now have...

Outlook XP #30
I have encountered a problem with Outlook on my network. I autoarchive my emails daily to a store on my server. The problem is that if my server store is unavailable I get not only an error message but also a new 'Personal Folders' in my folders list. This new folder contain no data and it cannot be deleted either. How do I get rid of this folder? When my archiving works correctly I have an 'Archive Folder' in my folders list. Kevin See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.office.misc. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT ...

Contacts list
Is there a way in OL2000 to have the contacts display as last name first, then first name last as in the Global? I found this for http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B319142 for OL2002 so could I assume it can't be done in OL2000? We have Exchange 2000 with OL2000. TIA, Joe Go to the Mail icon in Control panel, select your contact list and select Properties. From there you can select first/last or last/first. It only seems to work from here and not from within Outlook. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way in OL2000 to have the contacts displa...

Outlook 2007: when selecting a new folder, the highlighted selection always resets to the top. OL2003 would select to last entry
I've installed Office 2007, so Outlook 2007 trook over from Outlook 2003. That's fine. However, one annoying behavior I'm seeing is that the selected message when I click on a folder in the tree ALWAYS is the first message in the folder I select. In Outlook 2003, the default was to select the last message in the folder I picked. Since I have my message display set up to order by Received Date ascending, this means that Outlook 2007 always shows me the oldest message in the folder by default. I want to see the newest. Is there some place I'm supposed to give it a hint ab...

Receiving "Unknown" error opening DB tables (Office 2003 SP3)
I am receiving an error opening tables that only says "Unknown" and I cannot run the create table wizard. Here is what I have done so far: 1. I have reinstalled Office 2003, and upgraded to SP3. 2. The DB is written in Access 2000 and the default file format has been set to Access 2000. 3. Forms, Queries, and Reports all work well. 4. I cannot open a table, run it in design view or run the create table wizard. 5. I have not been able to install KB829558 for Microsoft Jet Pack 4.0. I receive an error saying this hotfix is older than the one installed on the PC. Has an...

Outlook deleting server messages
I have recently installed Outlook 2007 on my laptop running Windows 7. When I open Outlook, it downloads my emails and automatically deletes them from the server. I need them left on the server so that I can download the same messages on other computers. How can I adjust the setting in Outlook to leave the messages on the server? Using POP3? Open your account settings of the POP3 account-> button More Settings...-> tab Advanced -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, A...

Open a Help File with a button
Hi All, I have created a help file (.hlp) and I want to have my users open it from a button the form. How would I perform this. I tried to run the automated button creation called RUN APP and it didn't seem to work. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 one approach: create a command button and look at the HyperlinkAddress property. Fill the property with the file path and, as long as the .hlp extension has a valid association in windows, a simple click should open i...

Switching from outlook express to office outlook 2003?
them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how to switch to it and get all email and addresses from outlook express and import to office outlook 2003. Do I just delete outlook express? -- dagnag You don't have to delete Outlook Express. Just go into OUTLOOK. Click on Tools, Options. Now click on the 'Other' Tab - now check the box to make Outlook the default email program. "dagnag" wrote: > them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how > to switch to it and get all email and addresses fr...

Outlook form - Checkbox
Dear all, Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I would like to have a different background color of the contact form for these contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The contacts are stored in the Public Folders. Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the checkbox is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)? Kind regards, Simon You can design your own custom contact form for this; Tools-> Forms-> ...

Outlook 2000/ ME Error message
When attempting to open any e-mail, I get a "Outlook has caused an error in MS09.DLL Outlook will now close" I can view the message in the preview pane, but not open it. I have downloaded and applied all patches/fixes on both the Windows Update and Office Update websites. I tried running detect and repair to no avail. Any ideas? ...

Unable to detect language settings in eventviewer Outlook Client 4
Hello, another problem with the outlook client 4.0. A view machines get the following error in the eventlog : Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5909 Date: 7/11/2008 Time: 9:27:42 AM User: N/A Computer: NLCAPD9VQS72J Description: The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x8013150b. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=650. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. The user has FULL access to...

Outlook Express
When composing an email is it possible to move the margin on the right the way the lefthand side can be indented? Does that make sense? -- LibraLady1 You need to ask your question in the Outlook Express newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general&cat=en_US_84883150-57ad-41d0-b145-8f6c650b58ef&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "TeresaEllen" <TeresaEllen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

XPrint and Outlook 2003
About a third of the machines that we've deployed Outlook 2003 to will crash if the XPrint add-in is loaded. The error happens when you open a message, print it, and then close the message. Outlook will crash out when the message is closed and put the following in the event log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x00000038. It doesn't matter if the message being printed is a custom for or a normal mail message, if the XPrint add-in is loaded, Outlook will crash. Any...

Circular References and Visual Basic Formulas: Trouble Opening Workbooks
Hello, I have a workbook with a complex formula written in VBA that is part of a circular reference. When the workbook is open, everything works fine. But when I close the workbook and open it again, I get "#Value" in the cells with the VBA formula and "#Name" in other cells part of the circular reference. I assume it is because there is nothing to start off the circular reference (sort of a "primer") once the workbook is opened. I have gotten around this by turning off auto calculation when I open the workbook and then turning it back on as soon as the workb...

Error when closing mail msg while calendar item is open
This error is reproducible on a number of machines at where I work. We have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. If I try to close a mail message while a calendar item is open in a different window, I get an error message. "error mailitem". That is it, no other information. This happens if either the mail item or the calendar item is opened first, but the mail item is closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook internet history
Is there a way to erase the internet history like you can do in Internet Explorer? ...

Transfer Outlook Express to Outlook #2
I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007 installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it be possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new Outlook, and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ? begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_ MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA MPG@T'9 8&2#DM#BCLP558E-D>=S$UC)4,A?CI?)TYDP-LMB+K;BR77/0T_ZA MUZ/N._YYY^4C>+#U53@8E&:&9E8DMDB4%B;$^&BT!A@'QXD@EP#UIIGYJ6DZ M>G78!6"8B&...

Outlook 2003 stop receiving email
I have a client who is using MS Outlook 2003, and as of yesterday she can no longer receive email, she can send but nothing comes in. We use OWA and we see all her email that should be coming in but isn't. Any ideas why or how can I check the SMTP/POP3 ports to make sure they are 25 and 110? Thanks, ...

unintentional BCC Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000
I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened in a simple 'reply all' as well, when no one was using BCC. Any ideas? -- regards, Zach ZachP wrote: > I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but > the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a > result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened > in a simple 'reply all'...

How do I send a fax to multiple receipients through outlook?
I am trying to send a letter to multiple different sites using outlook and our fax machine, not using efax services. Outlook can't talk to a standalone fax machine. You could perform a mail = merge in Word and print out different personalized letters and then fax = them manually. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Jones" <Jones@d...

Emails Disappear from Outlook 2003
1 week old emails in the Inbox disappear by itself. I can't locate the emails using the Advanced Find feature. It seemed like the emails have been deleted permanently. Current computer is: Windows XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server set up. I checked the delivery mailbox locations and it is set up to the server for only one location. No rules set up on this computer. As researching for this topic, I already checked on the setting on View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> Message. No filter rules have been applied. The missing emails are not in the Archieved...