Cannot open email with a Digital Signature

I receive the following message when I attempt to open an email with a
digital signature attached.

"Cannot open this item.  Your Digital ID name can not be found by the
underlying security system."

The email server is Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise edition and I am using
Outlook 2003 for the client.
0
danbos (2)

danbos <danbos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I receive the following message when I attempt to open an email with a
> digital signature attached.
>
> "Cannot open this item.  Your Digital ID name can not be found by the
> underlying security system."
>
> The email server is Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise edition and I am
> using Outlook 2003 for the client.

This means that the person who sent you the message encrypted that message
with a public key that belongs to someone other than you.  They must use
your public key, which means you must have a certificate, when encrypting a
message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/7/2006 2:37:29 PM
What it turned out to be was our Symantec Mail Security was blocking the
signature file.  Once I allowed this to pass through everything worked fine.
 Thanks for your input!!!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> danbos <danbos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I receive the following message when I attempt to open an email with a
> > digital signature attached.
> >
> > "Cannot open this item.  Your Digital ID name can not be found by the
> > underlying security system."
> >
> > The email server is Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise edition and I am
> > using Outlook 2003 for the client.
>
> This means that the person who sent you the message encrypted that message
> with a public key that belongs to someone other than you.  They must use
> your public key, which means you must have a certificate, when encrypting a
> message.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
danbos (2)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

multiple email identities

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...

EMAIL FILTERS
For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from external sources are going directly to my deleted files yet anything sent through my company network goes to my inbox as designed. I have looked into my rules and find nothing there to direct these emails to be deleted. Any suggestions where else to look? Disable all your rules. Enable them one at a time to find the culprit. It has to be a rule. CASEY wrote: > For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from > external sources are going directly to my deleted files > yet anything sent through my company network goes to my...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...