cannot open attachments when sent to a group

Hi,

has anyone had the following problem, and any hints on
how to fix?

I have a user who sends a word document to 12 people (in
12 different locations/businesses) 10 of them can open
the document - 2 cannot.

If the document is sent to the 2 seperately (not as part
of a group e-mail) they CAN open it.

Does anyone have a solution?

Many thanks

Paul
0
anonymous (74722)

level 1 file attachments
I want to be able to recieve access databases from some people. Usually i get round the file attachment thing by getting the sender to zip but not all people have zip. can i take the .mdb attachment off of the level 1 security See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. "Angie Stokes" <angie@beebosoft.net> wrote in message news:062a01c34f6b$68888be0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to be able to recieve access databases from some > people. Usually i get round the file attachment thing by > getting the sender to zip but not all peopl...

Error Opening Word Document
I have an email containing several attachments (word, pdf). When trying to open a one word documents i get the following error: "This object was created in Outlook. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed." The same emails works fine from other machines. Tried everything, new outlook profile, online/cache mode, remove word as editor, office repair, even the SP1 for office that MS says it solves it, and many other things. The same email works fne from other machin...

problem opening Money 2005 after reinstall on Windows 7
After a recent computer crash, I had to reformat my hard drive and install windows 7. I still have my original Money 2005 install file, and was able to reinstall the program just fine. The problem is that it won't open the money file I've been using. It asks for my password for .NET passport, and when I input the same password I've ALWAYS used, it says that it is incorrect. When I click "forgot password", I am able to sign-in to my Windows Live account and successfully change the password, but it still won't let me sign in to the money file. If I try to si...

send emails with attachments
Hi everyone, I'm stuck trying to attach files to some emails I need to send to my clients. I'm using Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. Using a recordset and a form, I've been able to send e-mails with subject, remarks, cc, but what I can't seem to do is to attach a file to the e-mail. I'm using: Set AttachmentPath = Forms!MAIL![Attachment] 'Add the attachment to the e-mail message. If Not IsMissing(AttachmentPath) Then Set objOutlookAttach = .Attachments.Add(AttachmentPath) End If Again and again I've tested it and it sends the e-mail to...

Outlook 2003: Open Next Item Redux
In Outlook 2003, you have the Tools>Options>E-mail Options where you can set "open the next item" after moving or deleting an open item. Can this be made to work when using an IMAP server? The item isn't "officially deleted" until you purge it from the server, making for lots of clicks to get the next item I've been using OL2003 less than 24 hrs. Why do I always get to what you can't do so quickly???? ...

Grouping Per Page
How do you group by something, but the items being grouped by, have their own individual pages all by themselves. EXAMPLE: (Customers & their orders) PAGE 1: Customer #1 - Order 1 - Order 2 PAGE 2: Customer #2 - Order 1 - Order 2 I put a grouping by Customer per say, but it still fills it up on one page, doesn't put each grouping of customers on separate pages. Thanks Curtis When the Sorting And Grouping box is open, select the customer field name from the list, add a sort for it and then add a group footer (close the dialog box). In the Customer group footer that was add...

How open a saved document in outlook?
HELP!!! Please!! I saved documents I had been working on from an attachment. They were Word documents saved in an outlook folder OLK###. I cannot access the document itself. I can find them; however, when I try to open I can see the Word document but cannot open it. PLEASE help. I am used to MAC and do not understand the workings of these PCs. Thanks What happens when you try to open them? Regards, -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "luvalaf" <luvalaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2F80020-C3C9-4EC2-9A5D-2B4FF3EE93CA@...

files do not open automatically
When I click an excel file, Excel program executes but the selected file does not come up & shows no error. However, there is no problem if I select FILE->OPEN in Excel to open this file. This problem happens to all Excel files in my computer. Could somebody tell me how to solve it? Try this: Tools, Options, General tab, de-select the option "Ignore other applications." MRO "BARRY CHEUNG" <barry@compsol.com.hk> wrote in message news:012501c3775a$fbf5ae50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I click an excel file, Excel program executes but the > selected f...

Newbie Question open a web service in excel
Ok here is where I am at.... I have created a web service in vs 2005. I have tested it and have been able to bind the content to a gridview....... below is my code: using System.Data.SqlClient; /// <summary> /// Summary description for dbconn /// </summary> [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")] [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)] public class dbconn : System.Web.Services.WebService { [WebMethod] public DataSet GetTitleAuthors() { SqlConnection myConnection = new SqlConnection("Data Source=JEREMY1;Initial C...

Open Outlook Express Maximized
just wondering how to set Outlook Express up to open in a maximized window, rather than a normal one. thanks. "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a09f01c3eb26$830e4160$a401280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering how to set Outlook Express up to open in a > maximized window, rather than a normal one. thanks. Drag the window. BTW, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE new...

Viewing Recipient of Sent Msg
Hi, I'm having a problem with my sent mail. When going back through it, I am unable to view the reciepient of the message until I double click it. I use Outlook to get my Compuserve mail and have had this problem off and on for a while. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, and if so what was done to fix it? Can anyone point me in the right direction (as far as resources on the web) goes? I've been looking around but haven't found anything.... Thanks, John ...

Opening two copies of same workbook
Excel is opening two copies of the same workbook when the workbook is opened. They are called name1 and name2. We only want one to open. The other one doesn't even really exist. It is just a copy. This has just started happening in a shared workbook that has been functioning properly for a year. Is it possible you have inadvertantly opened a new window? If you did, they'd probably be named as name:1 and name:2. If so, you can just close one of them. If you've got 2 windows into the same worksheet, and if you close the whole application, then both windows will open when yo...

Extracting folder data / Outlook won't open
I can't open Outlook, because it doesn't recognize Outlook Express is installed (I have the often reported, but apparently rarely solved, msoe.dll problem). Is there a way to pull the mountains of data (calendar, tasks, contacts and saved messages) out of my Outlook data file from another PIM program? I'm willing to go with any other program to get away from buggy Outlook, and figure one of the third-party sync programs will handle the issue of how to sync with my Pocket PC. augusthelmbright@msn.com, you wrote on 23 Mar 2007 14:57:55 -0700: > I can't open Outlook, beca...

Opening Attachments #6
I am trying to use outlook vice express. (used to it from work, plus calender). In express when I click on attachments they all show up (12 pictures..all show up in the preview pane) all I have to do is scroll. With Outlook I have to click on each attachment opening and closing each seperately. Can I change this or is this one of the differences with outlook and express. I have outlook 2002. It's one of the differences. Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image...

Incident/Case re-open
Does anyone have the code to re-open an Incident/Case? The following code adds three buttns to the toolbar of incident. Resolve, Assign and Reactivate. All of them work fine, but you need to deactivate resolve and assign buttons once the case is resolved. <Entity name="incident"> <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="Resolve" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" JavaScript="resolve();" /> <ToolBarSpacer /> <Button Title="Assign" Icon="/_...

Outlook 2007
I use Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Office 2007, Outlook 2007 Outlook 2007 - sent messages appear in "sent message" folder in different account All my sent messages appear in different folder of another account that I have setup in Outlook. Can someone help me with proper setup so all my sent messages from one account are saved in "sent message" folder of that particular account and not in another account? I have two accounts in Outlook 2007. One is my private email folder called abc folder and another one is used for biz called xyz folder. When I sen...

Word unexpectedly quits when opening. AGHH!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC hello, I have just bought Office: mac 2008, to replace my 2004 edition. Both the Word programs on Office 2004 and 2008 won't run - they stop on the splash screen. However, all the other programs (excel etc) work. I've found some info on fonts etc, but I'm convinced that I'm following them and still no joy. Anyone have any ideas? Please!!! Ben Have you repaired permissions since the installation? Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 7/2/08 10:49 AM, in article 59b52fb2.-1@webcrossing.c...

Outlook 2003 SP2 in cached mode. opening a shared calendar.Error to open calendar
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2003 EE SP2 on Windows 2003 SP1.all with the latest security updates from beginning of may 2007 ( actually for Outlook 2003 it didn't matter I have also some with no security updates with teh sameproblem Problem: User A is working in outlook in cached mode. User B decides to share his calendar to User A User A tries to open the shared calendar of User B and gets an error :unable to display the folder .you do not have sufficient permissions ... User A tries again 10 minutes later , one hour later -> same problem User A logs off and on -> same...

Outlook 2003 fails to search directly from shortcuts before first opening it
After upgrading from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003 it fails to perform advanced searches by right clicking shortcuts pointing to containers from inside mailboxes other than the default Exchange mailbox. This behaviour cannot be reproduced if you first select and open an item directly from the folder list or through its shortcuts. It seems that Outlook only sign on in Exchange Server if we actually select and open an specific mailbox. This sign on process used to be automatically done in all mailboxes by the time we opened the previous versions of Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Blank Combo Box when form opens
I have a combo box for transaction #'s (cboTx#) in a form. I got the #'s to show in descending order through a query, but when I open the form the combo box is empty. The form shows the last record entered, but the combo box doesn't. How can I get the combo box to populate with the last transaction # that corresponds to the last record when I open the form? Thanks in advance! lj bind the combo box to the table column where the value is stored (Data tab of Properties). -Dorian "OnTheJobLearning" wrote: > I have a combo box for transaction #'s (cboTx#...

Sent items not visable
WIndows 2000, Office 2000, Outlook 2000, Exchange 2000. We are in a corporate environment. After mail is sent, email messges are saved in sent items. The user cannot see them. If he logs on to OWA he can see them. If I as admin add his mailbox to my outlook I can see them. He has received a new laptop and we migrated his profile. He is still haveing the same problem. I have checked rights on the folder within AD and I even made him the owner but no change. ...

Storage Groups question
We're running Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003. We want to create 2 mailbox stores. We have 2 options: 1) Create a second mailbox store within the First Storage Group 2) Create a Second Storage Group and add a second mailbox store Is there a benefit to creating a second storage group over just creating a second mailbox store within the First Storage Group? I know there will be a second set of transactions logs created for the Second Storage Group but want to take the best route possible. any help would be great. thanks On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:01:02 -0800, &qu...

How to save attachment?
How do I save a photo that I sent to myself in MS outlook 2007? According to MS Help I should see a "save as" option on the menu when I right-click the attachment. I tried right-clicking the open attachment but all I see is" "copy" on the shortcut menu that pops up. Right click on the name of the file before you open it. On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:41:53 -0700, "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote: >How do I save a photo that I sent to myself in MS outlook 2007? > >According to MS Help I should see a "save as" option on the menu when I ...

Cannot open WordPad email attachment
1) I have Windows 98/Microsoft Works. 2) A friend has sent a form in a WordPad Doc that I cannot open. I could see the form in "Quick View" but that was it. 3) The printer is down. 4) Would like to complete this form on line and send completed form as attachment or cut-and paste to appropriate recipient. 5) Would like to save copy of original in my documents. THANKS Linda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > 1) I have Windows 98/Microsoft Works. That's nice. What version of Outlook? > 2) A friend has sent a form in a WordPad Doc that I cannot &g...

cannot upload word docs as email attachment (previuosly fine)!
all previously fine, but suddenly cannot attach word documents to email - either in hotmail , outitgoes, etc. error message appears after v long time saying may be a problem with file name.... but these are the samke as before problem. excel files will attach fine... As you are using Hotmail, this issue would be nothing to do with Word. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Simon Lewis" <Simon Lewis@di...