cannot insert hyperlink

Hi - others had reported this to me before, and at that time, it worked
perfectly well for me - but now, my system has the same problem: I cannot
insert a hyperlink into an email message.  It's in HTML format, so I select
a word of text, and use Insert / Hyperlink, enter the URL - but after that
box closes, there's still no hyperlink.  I am aware of the fact that
hyperlinks will only be clickable after the message will have been sent;
however, now, they aren't any more.  And, before, I'd at least see the text
formatted like a link - that's no longer the case.

Any hints ?  This is on NT 4 SP6, with IE 5.5 SP2, and Outlook 2000 SR1.

how do i insert words into a column without erasing the words
i have excel 95-96 on the computer i use, but ever time i want to add something it delets the whole row. how can i aviod this from happening. but i am looking for the row at the top of the page where you can click on the row and insert a word, numbers or whatever you need to where do i find that on the program? ...

Insert specific record information into new record
I've got a problem which I don't really know how to tackle. I've got a table with records which I fill out via a form. When I add a new record, I'd like some information to be filled in automatically based upon information available in previous records. But the expression I'm looking for has serveral instances. How do I pick the single information I need. Example. I'm filling out a form that holds order information of a customer. When I'm filling out a new for for the same customer I'd like information like address, contactperson etc to be equal to the informa...

Form and inserting lines
I want to make a simple data entry form. After values are entered, a seperate worksheet is populated and a new line added. How can this be done? Any ideas appreciated Debra Dalgleish has some userform instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html and it includes a link to Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm Anthony Slater wrote: > > I want to make a simple data entry form. After values are entered, a seperate > worksheet is populated and a new line added. > > How can this be done? > > Any ideas appreciated -- Dave ...

How do I create a hyperlink with a macro?
Hello, I am attempting to create a spread sheet for work that is as easy to use as possible. My goal is to create a macro that adds a hyperlink to a particular cell. The catch is, I would like the URL to come from the clipboard. This way all they need to do is copy the address and run the macro. Is this possible? Hope this helps... You can paste link copied from clipboard into an inputbox... Sub add_hyperlink() Dim hl As String hl = InputBox("Copy link here:") If Len(hl) = 0 Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:= _ ...

Insert multiple page word doc into Excel
I am trying to insert a multiple page word doc into Excel. When I insert the Word file into Excel, it only inserts the 1st page, How can I get the remaining pages? I don't think you can. Maybe you could train the users to double click on the document and view it that way. (or make multiple one page documents???) Mike G wrote: > > I am trying to insert a multiple page word doc into > Excel. When I insert the Word file into Excel, it only > inserts the 1st page, How can I get the remaining pages? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Can you copy email addresses in to new column out of Hyperlink column
I had been using Excel worksheet as my contacts manager. It contains columns last name, first name, addr, tel, and Email address(as hyperlink). I am trying to import this data into outlook. Unfortunaltey Outlook requires email addresses as text field and Hyperlink field. Any clue, how I can copy addresses out of hyperlinks through full column into new column with email address as Text only P Dear PM Try this... Select and copy the entire column of hyperlinked email addresses, then in your new column paste special, values. this should hopefully do the trick. Hope this helps Paul Fal...

In-Document Hyperlink Tweaking
Situation: In Excel 2002 SP2, I've created various in-document hyperlinks that link accross different worksheets in the same file. I have specified which worksheet and which cell I want the hyperlink to link to. Problem: When clicking on a hyperlink, it brings up the correct "area", but sometimes the target cell is at the bottom of the page or in the middle. I want the target cell to be at the top of the page when I link to it every time. It's like excel is being lazy and assumes that just having the target cell somewhere on the page is good enough... It has...

Size Picture after Insert
I am using the following macro to allow the user to insert a pictur into any a cell. Sub Insert_Pic() ' ' Insert_Pic Macro ' Macro recorded 10/12/2004 by INSTALL ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+i ' Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show End Sub How do I automatically size the picture. I have tried selection.shaperange.height = But nothing happens, and I do not get an error -- sspittel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sspittell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=706 View this...

Insert Date sheet was modified
Is it possible to insert the date a sheet was last modified into a sheet cell? Thanks. Spot on. "Otto Moehrbach" <ottomnospam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eF7$V8yYDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Alex > This short macro will put the date the sheet was last modified into cell > A1. Right-click on the sheet tab, select View Code, and paste this macro > into that module. HTH Otto > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) > [A1] = Date > End Sub > "Alex Burman" <burmanalex@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Hyperlink help #2
I have an array formula that creates a hyperlink:- =IF(K24=0,"",HYPERLINK("[inventory.xls]Inventory!a"&MATCH($A$1&$A24& $B24,Inventory.xls!$A$2:$A$10000&Inventory.xls!$D$2:$D $10000&Inventory.xls!$E$2:$E$10000,0)+1,"[inventory.xls]Inventory! a"&MATCH($A$1&$A24&$B24,Inventory.xls!$A$2:$A$10000&Inventory.xls!$D $2:$D$10000&Inventory.xls!$E$2:$E$10000,0)+1)) this works and creates the hyperlink:- [Inventory.xls]Inventory!a1 this works fine, but when the workbook inventory.xls is closed, nothing at all works when i clickon th...

Insert spaces between pasted values
Hi! Is there a way to insert spaces between values that are pasted? For example, i have in rows 1,2,3 values a,b,c and i want to paste them into another list in rows 1,3,5 respectively (with a single-row space between pasted values). Thanx! M ...

insert excel spreadsheet
Hello I have a Word document into which I want to insert an Excel spreadsheet. I want to be able to update the spreadsheet and have the word document update at the same time. I also want to be able to print the word document with the excel data shown as a table. I think this is possible, but I cannot find the route. I have excel 2007 and word 2007 Thanks KK Copy your Excel data Paste into Word using the Paste Special/Paste Link option On Mar 22, 9:46=A0am, "KRK" <tre...@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > Hello > > I have a Word do...

All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon. However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out. Hi, It sounds like you were in 2007? In that case create the chart in the spreadsheet and then right-click the border of the chart and choose Move chart. choose the New Sheet option... Regarding the grayed out items - you are in Group mode because more than one tab is selected. Right-click...

I need to change my keyboard to insert the degree sign not ^.
I type medical documents and need to type the degree sign very often. Using the symbol area and then picking my choice is slowing down my work. I had changed this in my previous Word programs, but I can't figure out how to do it with 7. HELP. The built-in keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+@, Spacebar (that is, on U.S. keyboards, Ctrl+Shift+2, Spacebar). If that's a stretch for you (as it is for me), you may want to assign an easier shortcut; in the Symbol dialog, click on the Shortcut Key... button, type your desired shortcut, and click Assign. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill M...

Creating button as a hyperlink
How do I create a button on my worksheet so when the user clicks it, he's taken to a specified hyperlink? Question is "how do I create a button", how make something happen when someone clicks a button, or how to go to a website from within Excel ? The latter is called followhyperlink: Sub test() ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "http://www.nonsense.com" End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Hall" <hall@garp.org> skrev i melding news:e0FGNUi6FHA.744@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I create a button on my worksheet so when the user clicks it, he's ...

How to revert back to the original file name in a hyperlink
I have an excel file with 2500 linked objects in it. All the linked objects are given with a name for eg. "SCAN". I want to change these names in the "test to display" column for all the cells in one go. Is it possible ? ...

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Insert row with button
Is it possible to have a main workbook with information from other workbooks at each worksheet? I have 20 workbooks with information. I would like to haven a main workbook with on sheet1 every row from the 20workbooks with category1, on sheet2 every row from the 20workbooks with category2, etc, etc. The information in the 20workbooks in always only on sheet. The Colum in which the data is has no fix end. I go to fill in the rows trough a user-form and comes always under the last row. The mainsheet has to update every time it opens (and if possible a button on the sheet to update man...

Insert Disc 5?
Hi. I've never used publisher on my home pc before (didn't really know it was here!) Anyway, anytime I try to open a template (for example, I'm trying to make table tents) I keep getting an error message "PLEASE INSERT THE CD TITLED: HOME PUBLISHER 2000: DESIGNS & ART, DISC 5" I don't have any home publisher discs - it came with my computer. I've tried reinstalling Microsoft Office 2000 Pro, but it didn't solve my problem. Suggestions? Do you have Microsoft Works Suite 2000? Or... Microsoft Home Publishing Suite 2000? That's where you will...

Can't Insert > Picture / WordArt...
Office XP. Excel 2002 (10.2614.2625): the Insert: >> (Picture/WordArt/From File) etc feature isn't functioning, all options are greyed out. When loading, the options in the toolbar appear functional (colors), but grey out once worksheet is loaded. Any ideas? Thanks Harry Is the worksheet protected? In article <hOA0c.6655$Zp.3586@fed1read07>, "Harry Marnell" <marnell@cox.net> wrote: > Office XP. Excel 2002 (10.2614.2625): the Insert: >> (Picture/WordArt/From > File) etc feature isn't functioning, all options are greyed out. When > ...

How to insert page with different page numbering
I am using Word 2003 and trying to insert a page "a" (i.e. insert page 407a after page 407). I have added the new page as a separate section and managed to changed the page number to 407 (so there are now two 407 pages). But, when I add an "a" to the page number it adds an "a" to all the page numbers in the whole document. I cannot figure out a way to prevent this. I could possibly do this in 2007 and save as 2003 format it I need to. Any ideas? What am I missing? Hi Lisa, In addition to the section break that you made between page 407 and 407a, ...

INSERT a Table (32 items) into another Table
Hi, I have a form with a subform. The subform is linked parent to child. The subform has a field that has a combo box. From the combo there are two choices. On the after update if the selcetion is equal too "INSERT ALL ITEMS - 32 LINES" the idea is to take the contents of a separate table line by line and insert into the subform / subtable. I Have the following code If Me!cboProject_Notes.Column(0) = "INSERT ALL CHOICES - 32 LINES" Then 'do the input from the table tblProjectNotes_Default Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(&q...