cannot delete messages

I have an Exchange 2000 Server, SP 3.
Outlook 2000 clients.

several users in my orgainziation have messages in their inboxes that they
cannot delete. UNKNOWN error is all they get.
is there any way to get these messages out?

regards,

JM

0
JM

Excel 2002 error message #2
i am getting the following message in Excel 2002 "an outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-sychronous call". this appears when copying some cells in the spreadsheet. Any ideas? ...

Message #1000 Missing
I receive an error randomly on a PO. The error is "Message #1000 Missing." We are using a third party product Olympic Project Cost. What does this error mean? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, This can be missing from 1 of 2 places: 1) The third party message was not loaded in the ALERT3RD table in the DYNAMICS database for this product, or 2) Since message 1000 exists in the Dynamics dictionary, it was probably modified and stored in the forms dictionary, and some how it no longer can be found there. Check your forms dictionary's path to make sure it is in the path specifie...

Mass Delete
Some how I have created multiple listings for the same item. I think I made any error in importing a csv file. For example I have over 100 separate items with the same SKU (STNP-1) and desription. Is there a way to delete these as a bunch and not each single one. Thanks for any advice. Steve: Each item has a unique ID called the primary key even though you may have entered all of the other information multiple times. Pick one ID, call it X, to keep and delete the others with Tom's statement with the additional qualifier" AND ID <> X". "Steve" wrote: &g...

Code to delete rows excluding Header if not = to
Good morning I have the following code to delete all rows that do not contain the following two variables, in column P, "cw" and "ea". Set ws = ActiveSheet For p = ws.Range("P65536").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 If ws.Cells(p, 16) <> "cw" Then If ws.Cells(p, 16) <> "ea" Then ws.Rows(p).Delete End If End If Next It works very well apart from the fact that it deletes the Header row. Please can someone assist me in modifying this code so it does not delete Row 1 (the header row). T...

Delete messages for good in Outlook 2002?...
I now have created a Save folder for mail deleted I want to save and use the delete key to move Spam into the delete folder in Outlook 2002. But ideally I would like to delete it permanently. Is there a way? I can go into the delete folder and delete but there must be a better way. My Outlook PST file got huge before I reformatted my HD and reinstalled XP Pro. Don't want that to happen again. Maybe a way to automate the permanent deleting of spam? Any help would be great..thanks! Frank hold shift when you hit delete.... you can also configure outlook to empty deleted items before cl...

non-delivery messages
I have a single exchange 2003 server. We are getting the follosing non delivery message at very high rate. The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again. <mail.domain.org #5.1.0> There are 40 users on the server and we are getting this message 50-100 times each day. If the user resends the message to the exact same email address it usually works sometimes on the first retry sometimes after several retries.. There is not any one domain ...

troubleshooting delete
I am using version 2000 sp-3. I have transferred all my information from Netscape, I can save it and start over if that's what it takes. I did try unplugging the internet connection, restarting, no good. Also I tried your "shift delete" recommendation to someone else and it would not work. I also tried to delay the sending of any message (message is obviously not being sent anywhere but error says started transmission.) What next? Nice to mention what you did but you forgot to mention what you are trying to achieve and what your issue is. It looks like you are trying to de...

Newsgroup Message Read/Unread Issue
I using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 64-bit. For some reason, even though I mark a newsgroup post, reply or even a thread as read, the next time that I open WLM, many, not all of the posts are shown as unread. For instance, in this newsgroup, the task bar currently shows a total of 616 messages, 135 unread, and 4,542 not downloaded. Less than 30 minutes ago, I marked all of my downloaded messages read, not 135 show up as unread. Something isn't right. I mark messages as read a couple of ways. 1. Messages are automatically marked as read 3 seconds after I view them. ...

Messages Not Going To InBox
I'm using Outlook 2007 (which I upgraded from Office 2003) which I've been using for six months. Suddenly the last couple days I noticed that I didn't seem to have any new messages in my inbox. I logged into my Comcast email through the web mail interface and saw that I had about ten messages in my inbox and when I logged out and started Outlook and send receive finished I still did not have any new messages in my inbox. I tried logging back into the web mail and all the messages were gone. I realize that the default pst file format only supports up to a certain ...

Slow Message Delivery between site exchange servers
We added a seconed exchange server to our exchange domain. This exchange server is connect via high-speed VPN to the primary exchange server. The MX record points to the primary exchange server. After moving a mailbox to the new exchange server, messages to the mailbox take hours. What steps can be taken to improve message delivery performance. Both Exchange servers are Exch 2003 SP1. The exchange servers are on different sub-nets. There are no application log errors. The primary exchange server is Win2003, the 2nd Exch server is Win2000 SP4. Both servers point to the same DNS ...

automatic delete
Hi I hope some one can help. I am running windows xp but I dont use outlook I use the mail client that comes with my Earthlink ISP service. When I send mail to my friend who is running windows xp & outlook express the mailis automatically put in the deleted mail folder. It does not ever go inti the inbox ( or unread mail) Could anyone have a suggestion as to why this would be happening ? It seems it is only my mail the her program does this to. She says I am not on any blocked senders list or anything like that & she is not using any programs such as mail washer. thanx in ad...

No Idle Messages
Hi, I created a simple application for experiment. When clicked on MFCApp.cpp, I was trying to look for onidle message in the property box, but there was nothing, just empty. Did I do anything wrong? please help..Thanks in advance Jack Sorry found it in the overrides Thanks Jack "Jack" <jl@knight.com> ���g��l��s�D:eHzPXt8zFHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I created a simple application for experiment. When clicked on MFCApp.cpp, > I was trying to look for onidle message in the property box, but there was > nothing, just empty. Did I do anything wrong...

Messages are minimized when opened
I have a user on a laptop that keeps Outlook maximized. When he opens a message the message is minimized and not viewable until he minimizes his Inbox view. He also cannot view any application that is minimized on the taskbar. Thanks for any suggestions on correcting this problem. ...

message rules on server
I have exchange 5.5 on winnt 4 sp6 on a client work station 2 years ago we created a rule when he left the office all e-mail would be sent to his hotmail account.. It was used only 2 time at the time of setup.. the rule does not appear in the inbox wizard on his system and has not for 2 years.. all of a suden last week it started to foward e-mail to the e-mail address (which is no longer working) i have check the server for any rules but i am unable to locate were on exchange server 5.5 they are to delete it if it is there.. any help would be great. mpond ...

User Logging On Error Message
We are running GP10, and I have 1 user, who all of a sudden receives an error message when she is logging on. The message is "You don't have security privileges to open this window. Contact your system administrator for assistance." after she clicks OK, it takes her to her GP home page, and we don't see anything that she can't open. Any suggestions as to what to look for to resolve this message would be appreciated. Thank you Kevin Kevin, Is this error coming for a new user that is setup recently or for a user that was using the system for quite sometime and ...

Retrieving deleted distribution list
In trying to remove an address from my distribution list of 400 names, I accidently clicked on delete instead of remove and lost the list. How is it possible to retieve this list? Help please. I hope someone can save my skin (and possibly my job!) Dianne Retrieve it from your Deleted Items Folder. -- Russ Valentine "Dianne Groom" <delemau@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:eTHzDM8bKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In trying to remove an address from my distribution list of 400 names, I > accidently clicked on delete instead of remove and lost the l...

how do I set a later time for sending a message?
Subject line says it all: I know I can specify that a message in Outlook 2003 should be sent at a later time, but I can't figure out how. Thanks for your help. You ask in an Outlook group rather than a Word group? On Mar 10, 1:46=A0pm, DickSF <Dic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Subject line says it all: =A0I know I can specify that a message in Outlo= ok > 2003 should be sent at a later time, but I can't figure out how. =A0Thank= s for > your help. =A0 ...

Pull contact information from email message body
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to go for this question , but i would realy appreciate any help. Is there a way or a program out there that can pull contact info from inside the message body of an email. for instance we have a lot of emails ( a lot) that have soandso@person.com want to join list inside the message itself and we were wondering if there was a plug in tht can sift through the emails and pull each email address that it finds into a list or or contact list of some sort. so we can import it into another program. even if we could just get it into csv that would be fine, we...

Message from known person that makes Outlook crash
Received a "reply" from an individual known to me, but message arrived in garbled state, minus the TO and FROM information, but had subject line okay. I can see the garbled message in preview pane. Once I try to OPEN or DELETE the message, Outlook crashes, and asks if I want to send error report. Outlook then closes. Upon opening Outlook again, any message that I had received after this rogue message - even if had been moved to a personal folder - magically returns to the inbox, and is not in the personal folder where I had previously moved the message. It almost appea...

"Unable to read file" Message
I have a working file that I update on a weekly basis. I now can't open the file and it's giving me a "Unable to read file" message. Pls help. The file is a year-long archive of activities which is impossible to recreate. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The readonly question is slightly different. But Debra Dalgleish includes a suggestion at the FAQ at her site: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly It says: Clear out c:\windows\temp directory on the machine that houses the files, then reboot. Bob wrote: > > >-----Original Message----...

Error message when Excel 97 file is opened
How do you prevent an error message from showing up when an Excel 97 file is opened. The error message states: A document with the name (file name.xls) is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name even if the documents are in different folders. duh Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run &...

Message Rules
A friend uses XP and Outlook Express. When he awakens his pc from slumber each am he sees a note ref a few unopened email messages awaiting, so this am he had 4 unopened messages..but what the note didn't tell him was he also had a further 10 messages he hadn't read that had gone directly into other folders via message rules. Don't suppose he could arrange to see the total number of unopened email messages at a glance (without having to seek out and tot up all those from the various sub folders)? Thanks. Asked/Answered in WinXP General. If you must make identical ...

Delete a whole row using a macro
I am trying to set a macro up in Excel so that it will check a value in column A and if the value equals 'abc' (or whatever other value), I want to delete the row all together. I haven't used VB in a long time, and I don't know how to get started... Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row For i = cLastRow to 1 Step -1 If Cells(i,"A").Value =, "abc" Then Cells(i,"A").EntireRow.Delete End If Next i -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the emai...

Deleting Entries
All of our entries when we view them under <transactions><financial><batches>[transaction] has the "delete" button shaded out so we are unable to delete a transaction within a batch. Now what would of caused that to occur. I don't recall seeing that last month. With another review, the batch can't be deleted either? Weird stuff here. "Merle" wrote: > All of our entries when we view them under > <transactions><financial><batches>[transaction] has the "delete" button > shaded out so we are una...

CD drive displays message "Filled"
Media Player 11. When I insert a CDRW (that I know to be blank) into the CD drive, the narrow oblong box above the "Burn" list, and above where it says "Insert a blank CD", immediately fills out in red, with the message "Filled". This prevents me from burning any CDs. Can anyone help, please? Thank you ...