Cannot compose email in html format only plain text

I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text
into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight
text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in
html format, however in plain text I can.

I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the
detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running
explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to
no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused
externally of explorer and outlook.

And I have also ran a fully updated virus check.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving me
crazy. And I have work to do!

Thanks for your time,
Mike.

Emailing information about a specific record
I'm using the following code to send an email: Dim SendTo As String, MySubject As String, MyMessage As String SendTo = "myemail@myhost.com" MySubject = "Update from MP-200" MyMessage = "An MP-200 update has been provided for the project" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , SendTo, , , MySubject, MyMessage, True In the "MyMessage" portion I want Access to tell the email which record the message is coming from. The field name in which this information is carried is two words long. What code can I use in the MyMessage string that will make this h...

Multiple duplicate email messages
I'm getting the same messages delivered over and over again. I'm on a POP3 account. Can anyone help? Dan, Go to your email provider's website, log on to your email account and delete. It sounds like it is stuck or corrupt Cheers "Dan Fulton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0afa01c498d7$59d79df0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the same messages delivered over and over > again. I'm on a POP3 account. Can anyone help? ...

Email Account #3
I want to delete a user but keep the email account associated with this account. I then want to recreate the user and attach this email account to the recreated user. How can I do this? as long as you have mailbox retention configured (check this first), you can do this. Delete the AD account, then run the cleanup agent on the store, then when you see the red X on the mailbox, you can create the new account, and associate the mailbox with the new account... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:B3A3DBCB-29CC-4...

How do I make a Custom Datre Format ie 01.01.05 WK1 (WK is Week 1) sorry about previous post

email stationary
I went to send an email with the default stationary which i usually use only to find it has completly dissapeared? I went to tools-compose-click on stationary opened and all that came up was my pictures folder. How please do i get the stationary back? thanks The stationery folder was moved in Windows Mail to a subdirectory under = the message store directory. You can find the message store directory = via Tools | Options | Maintenance | Advanced | Store folder (hidden). = Go to that folder in Explorer and see if that stationery folder is still = there. It may have gotten moved ...

Display name only in outgoing email
I'm using Outlook 2007. When sending emails, I'd like people's names to show but not their email address. Is there a way of doing this? Right now it shows their name and their email address. I tried opening the contact and changing the "Display as" to the name only but when I create a new email it still shows their name and email address. Carolan I just discovered that the name and email address only shows when I choose to send an email by opening the contact and clicking on the Email Icon in the communication tab. Is there a way to change it in the ac...

Top 5 recurring text values with count
My data: Col 1 Apples Oranges Oranges Bananas Apples I'm trying have excel show the text "Apples" in one col & the count "2" in another col; same with oranges and bananas. I don't know if it is the blank cell that is causing errors but I have tried LARGE, VLOOKUP, MATCH and am not having any luck. Thank you in advance On May 5, 3:07=A0pm, S <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My data: > > Col 1 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 > Apples > Oranges > Oranges > > Bananas > Apples > >...

error when saving changes or sending email
I have a client that just upgraded to 4.0. Only one user is having this problem. When saving any type of record or trying to send an email, he receives the Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered a problem. Please tell Micorosft about the problem., etc. The action completes successfully, but getting this error message every time is very annoying. Anyone have a suggestion as to what is causing this problem? Thanks, -Rick M. I have three users that have the same problem. At least I did have - two of them have now stopped doing this, but the third has started! I have not managed to f...

Can text too long for cell NOT carry over into cells after it?
I have a cell with a full sentence in it. The cell is too small for that sentence so of course it carries over the cells to the right of it to display the whole sentence. Is there a way to have the sentences only show as much as the width of the cell its in? For my purpose of about 20 columns per record, it would just be a lot easier if i can have all the cells as small as i can to work with because it will be imported into another program Check out the options from Format Cells dialog Select cells>Right click>FormatCells>'Alignment' tab>Text control..'...

Problem finding text in 'Sent Items' in 'Search Folders'...
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1. When I define a 'Search Folder' to find all messages containing a specific word, it does not find messages with that word in the 'Sent Items'. I have defined the 'Search Folder' on 'Personal Folders', so it should find them. I experimented a bit with different words, but it looks like this type of 'Search Folder' never displays anything from 'Sent Items'. When I move such a message to another folder, it does suddenly show up in the 'Search Folder'. This problem does not occur when defin...

chart Label text referencing worksheet cell value
I have a very simple bar chart that I want to display the values and the percentages of those values. For some reason, the percentage option is disabled under chart options, so i thought I would use a label instead, and send the calculation to it so it is dynamic. Sounds simple right? Wrong! I can only pass raw text into the label: Selection.Characters.Text = "100%" the following does not work, and the label disappears: .Selection.Characters.Text = Sheets("tbl_Voids").Range("A6794").Value is there a way of doing this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com htt...

Date format changed
I'm using 2003. The date at the top of the daily calendar only shows 10/23. How can I change it to show the day of week also? The Regionl setting for this computer is good. Thanks. What is the format of the long date setting in Control panel, Regional settings? That is what controls it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE...

Parsing HTML document to get at plain text between the <P> tags
I'm writing an application without a user interface and I have a requirement to find the plain ASCII text between <P> tags in an HTML document which happens to have been obtained via POP3 and parsed out of a MIME message body. If I had a user interface, I could drop and IE web control onto a form, load the HTML into that and then use the document parser. I've always hated that route as it's so clunky and anyway, this app doesn't have a user interface (it's processing emails in a service). Any suggestions how to go about this? I've come across SgmlReader f...

Removing old email attachments
Is there a way to have Outlook automatically remove attachments from old emails in personal and public folders (ie any email older than [90] days would have the attachment(s) removed from the email). Any help would be appreciated. ...

Incoming Emails fail with:
The Postfix program <email@domain.com>: host IP ADDRESS HERE[IP ADDRESS said: 354 Ok, send <CR><LF>.<CR><LF> when done (in reply to MAIL FROM command) Final-Recipient: rfc822; email@domain.com Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host ADDRESS HERE[IP ADDRESS ] said: 354 Ok, send <CR><LF>.<CR><LF> when done (in reply to MAIL FROM command) Are server is running windows 2000 with exchange 2003... Thanks ...

Curious Worksheet Format
I was e-mailed a worksheet which contains some (to me) unusual features. It covers cells A1 to M25. The rest of the worksheet is blank - by which I mean nothing - no cell outlines, just a gray undistinguished area. It contains a large watermark type "Page 1" in enormous size, covering most of the worksheet. If I enter anything in one of the grayed out cells, say in A30, the worksheet "expands", that is normal appearance is restored, so the worksheet now displays cells A1:M30. How was this worksheet formatted/created? Can I restore the appearance to that of a normal wo...

Text Box & Date Updating
I'm creating a mail merge postcard and would like to put an expiration date in a text box. I see how I can insert a data field with the current date, but how can I make the date show 90 days out? See fellow MVP, Macropod's Date Calc 'tutorial', at: http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Number=249902 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "osbornauto" <osbornauto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:492F...

Internet Emails flow question...
Hi all, I just started working on the following environment: Exchange 2003 SP2 FE and BE Servers... During the review I found that incoming Internet emails get forwarded from the third party anti-spam servers directly to BE Exchange (bypassing FE)... I think this is strange... My question is: What do you think about following inbound Internet mail flow: Internet ->Anti-Spam servers -> BE Exchange Servers? Am I right thinking that the proper flow should be: Internet ->Anti-Spam->FE->BE? Thanks in advance, Victor There would not appear to be any need to go through the FE se...

Workflow email triggered from custom field change
I have a custom picklist field upon which I have created a manual workflow rule. I want the rule to fire when the custom picklist field is changed. It should send an email to a CRM user. I can't get this to work. It will work if the WF rule is a Create rule. But this means the only time the rule works is when the picklist condition is met at the time of object creation. This is not good enough for me. I need this custom picklist field to be "monitored" for change, then the email is sent upon a change in the picklist. Rhett Rhett, There are a few ways to do this: 1) Us...

Using Word as Email editor #2
Greetings, Anyone know why "Use word as my email editor" would be greyed out when using Office 2003? Thanks in advance, P Because you are not running Outlook 2003. They have to be running the same version for that feature to work. "Support" <support@techeads.com> wrote in message news:c8fb94a5.0408311419.4d8b8bec@posting.google.com... > Greetings, > Anyone know why "Use word as my email editor" would be greyed out > when using Office 2003? > Thanks in advance, > P I have the entire suite ... outlook 2003 and word 2003. "Megan Ki...

i am receiving error while downloading my emails but i can send #2
hello everyone, I have a question for you. I am not able to receive emials from our email server.but i can send the email successfully. Any i dea.? i am stuck here. Thanks for yr help. Thanks, Bharat. ...

Pivot / general chart formatting question
Hi I'm writing some code to preserve the formatting of a couple of pivot charts (one stacked bar and one pie) using Excel XP. I found reference to the fact formatting is reset when the pivot is recalculated etc. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904), not a very usefull article by the way. Just tells us to write some code. Anyway... I am able to reference and format various series by name in the bar charts, but in the pie chart, if I record a macro the fomatting is associated with a point within the series. I need to be able to reference the points by na...

Retrieve email from another computer
My husbands computer in office is down, he wants to retrieve his emails from home. How can I do this quickly? Tks That depends on the type of mail system they use at work (server based postoffice, or Internet mail, or what). Can you give us some more information? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0f9a01c3dfb1$12f44670$a101280a@phx.gbl, maureen.krychkowski@verizon.net wrote: > My husbands computer in office is down, he wants to > retrieve...

exchange 2003 email access
Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being authenticated by the DOMAIN? I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name. Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more? Are you trying to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B? "Raul Rego" wrote: > Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being > authenticated by the DOMAIN? > > I have two domains in di...

Outlook 2003 Drag & Drop Emails