cannot attach files using OWA

Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot
attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6)
using Outlook Web Access.
0
anonymous (74722)

Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of
Exchange, not Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J Johnson asked:

| Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot
| attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6)
| using Outlook Web Access.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

OWA 2003 NEW MAIL Popup
Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for this popup? I need it stay on until it is clicked or the email is read. I am assuming that this is a javascript somewher in the echangeweb folder. I have tried to sniff all of the traffic created by owa and eevery two minutes my machine polls the server for new mail. I am not sure through htis traffic how the popup is being generated. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ...

Unable to open Attachments (Environment Wide)
Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost on a solution. We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message to the receiver, and then launch the attachment. The attachments are not blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files. The user receives no error. Double clicking the attachmen...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Using map on web design
Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Save the map as a GIF file optimized for the web, open a picture frame on your document, insert your map picture, should do the trick. DavidF "Map on web design" <Map on web design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29908809-F532-4849-8302-F14F7C1C8501@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Can I copy any map from the internet? Or a special site to go to to get one to be used? Thanks for the reply :-) "DavidF" wrote: > Save the map as a ...

Outlook attachments #39
Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000. Specifically .jpg files. It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg does not have a program associated with it for this action. Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory? A search does not show it at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files. I am running WinXP Pro. Any help much appreciated. Geoff It's a temporary folder. Try right clicking on the attachment and save to a real folder that you can find. Then open it. Is your picture editor working OK? Maybe your jpg have be...

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

Best solution to retrieve email on the road using 56k dial up
Got a situation here. My boos who often travels home to the East Coast only has 56k dial up available. We host our own SMTP Exchange server here so normally via DSL he has a few options. OWA, Citrix, RWW. however he complains this takes to long to download and read his emails. He wants to be able to download and go offline. We do not use VPN so downloading to his Outlook is not an option. We all have POP3 mailboxes at our ISP for backup in case our Exchange server becomes unavailable. I'm thinking if there is a way I can turn off his email from coming here to the Exchange server so ...

coverting pub files to jpeg
How do i convert a multipage publisher file to jpeg so i can send to someone via email who does not have publisher? -- I am new to windows xp and am looking for help and guidance. I appreciate your time. Thanks people Convert it to pdf. You can get a free or inexpensive pdf converting program at: Primopdf at www.Primopdf.com it's free or a low cost program, PDF-XChange at; http://www.docu-track.com/ -- Don Vancouver USA "kezaaa" <kezaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8546816-9E55-4BB3-B03F-1D42555F98F6@microsoft.com... > How do i conver...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Publisher should allow turning off HYPHENATION for entire file.
I do not want hyphenation on for my entire newsletter. Is there a way I can do that? I have searched and searched and cannot find how to do this. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx...

Unable to Overwrite Existing Network File
I have been searching in vain for a solution to this problem for quite some time. What happens is that even when running a simple MFC program (i.e. created from the Wizard & run), I cannot overwrite an existing network file. I can create new files on the network without a problem. Also, no other programs installed on my machine have this problem (notpad, Word, etc.). I have checked my network permissions and I have every permission available on the target directory with the exception of "Full Control", "Change Permissions", and "Take Ownership". Does anyo...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

Keeping Validation References When Breaking out Spreadsheets Using
Hello, I am using a version of Ron Debruin’s macro that breakouts spreadsheets into separate spreadsheets using a filter on a selected column. The issue that I am having is that I have a series of validation references located in the main sheet in hidden rows (rows 1-14 are hidden). I need to be able to retain these references in all the newly created sheets and retain the fixed references. How do I do this? Thanks in advance. Modified Ron Debruin Macro Sub FPR_Breakout_Worksheets() Dim calcmode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim ws2 As Worksheet Dim WS...

E000000*.log files
I have an awful lot of these files in c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\ Can I simply delete them? No - Do a full Exchange Aware backup (such as NTBackup) and it will remove them. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in message news:40333f6b$0$7066$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net...

Save file as readonly with password
is there a way for access to export a file to word (.rtf) as a read only file with a built in password to unprotect it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Print to a file
My program has some methods that print to a printer OK. But I need to put labels on those files afterwards so it would be better to print them to a file first. The program calls GetPrinterDC() before starting the printing. Is there some update that will permit the user to print to a file? Thanks, E-Jo Hello E-Jo, Glad to see you. Generally speaking, if you want to save and add the information in current dc to a file, you can create a dc from a bmp and blt all informaiton from the src dc to the bmp. I notice you would like to put labels on a file after it is printed. I am afraid I...

Taking Ownership/Deleting Files on NTFS drive
A little background.... I work at a college and we've always redirected our user's desktop and My Documents to another drive letter on the computer (D:). When the next user logs in our login script deletes the directories and recreates them for the new user. We do this so that student's can store files under their profile when exams run. Under XP the D: drive is/was a FAT32 drive and we just used a file system object to delete the files and folders. Under Windows 7 you have to redirect directories to a location that can be indexed which a FAT 32 drive can't b...

Attachments #82
My Outlook 2002 has decided to stop me from sending e mails with attachments of any sort. Any ideas? ...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

Using Windows Mail in Windows &
I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7 computer for nearly 6 months without any problems. Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago it has stopped working. It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user interface never appears. I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up. Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience? Are MS purposely disabli...

Outlook automatically suts down when using rules???
For whatver reason I have narrowed down my problem with MS Outlook 2002 to the use of rules. For some reason when I have a rules setup to forward emails out to people on my work team it will automatically shutdown my Outlook and restart itself. Over and over again. It is very strange, almost like a memory issue, but I do not see how that could be the case. The messages usually get stuck in the outbox and appear to have never been sent but the recipeints receive the messages over an over again, ewach time Outlook shutsdown and restarts??? NEED HELP SO OUTLOOK WILL NOT SHUT ITSELF D...

Major Problem with OWA
Hi NG! I got a W2K3 machine with E2K3 SP1 in a W2K3 domain. I'm using SSL. OWA works fine internally, both with Windows integrated security and form based security. Externally fromm based is working, but standard authentification gives a server or dns can't be found error. Basically I want to use form based authentification. I just have other errors and I hope that this is connected to it. We have SSL enforced on the exchange, public and exchweb. We redirect http request to https, using the the resp. error page. The first time I saw that something was wrong, was when I wanted to...