Can you import contacts from Outlook to Excel, Access, Word &how?

ericsayang wrote:

<nothing>

PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject
Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

No you can't directly. You can EXPORT from outlook into either csv format or
directly into xls format.

0
gordon1271 (133)

How do you apply payment credits to an invoice in excel 97
Previosuly i have asked about crediting a payment to an excel invoice, however I failed to realize I was using an excel 97 template. -- TomA ...

Can't Reference A Custom Control On a Custom Form
Does anyone know why I can't reference a custom control (combo box) on a custom form? I use the following: Set FormPage = Item.GetInspector.ModfiedFormPages ("Newform") [Works OK] Set ControlX = FormPage.Controls("cboRequester") [DOES NOT WORK. CODE STOPS AT THIS POINT] I am using Windows 2000 (as a non-ADMIN user) and Outlook 2000. All help is appreciated. ...

Access 2003 & the Database Documenter
I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on myapplication code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the"Database Documenter".Did they take it out of Access 2003 or did they hide it in some differentplace that I am not seeing?Help?-- Peace & happy computing,Mike Labosh, MCSD MCTOwner, vbSensei.Com"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei > I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on my> application code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the> "Database Documenter".Nevermind, I f...

how far do you think can Microsoft sustain this initiative
Hi Expert, "A recent report in Computer Weekly proclaimed that Microsoft was aiming to steam into untapped SME CRM market" ..how far do you think can Microsoft sustain this initiative This is the step to defend Linex from Microsft. Throw one step ahead. Treasure Just look at how far Microsoft Money sustain? And that is with Quicken around! There is no Quicken like for SME CRM market! Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 is going global.... more steps ahead. IMHO Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >> Other MSCRM Online Forum Resources >-----Orig...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Word 2010 Beta not responding
I recently bought a Sony Vaio computer with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition. I found Office 2010 Professional online and downloaded the beta version for free until the real one comes out later this year. All of the office suites (Excel, PowerPoint, etc) all work, but when I open up Word, within seconds it freezes up and no matter where I click (even to close it) I get the not responding message and have to close it with task manager. I use Word more than any other application/program on my computer and I love the new Office 2010 and don't want 2007. Does anyone know...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Can't see 2 open workbooks listed in the Window tab
Using Excel 2003 When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar. I only see the workbook file I am in. What can I do to correct this? This is not a question on charting, but let's be nice for a change :-) The 'problem' you describe pops up when you open Excel twice, what might happen when you double-click the file from the Explorer to open it while Excel already is open. It will not happen if you have Excel open and open the file from within. HTH, Henk "TomD" wrote: > Using Excel 2003 &...

Excel files won't come up
I am having trouble bringing up any Excel file. I get an error message with a error signature like this AppName:Excel.exe AppVer 9.0.0.2719 ModName:mso9:11 ModVer:9.0.0.2720 Offset:00045909 When I look up the tech information at the bottom I get this c:\docume~1\HarryG~1\Locals~1\temp\2958_appcompat.txt I sent this message last week and the remark was to double click and copy the error and reply. I did and I haven't seen any reply yet. I really need to use the Excel files which I use often. All other ofice files OK Help!!! I don't have a guess about what's ...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Asset Template in Access
I set everything up in the Asset Template database and at first loved it. However, I noticed that there was a Show Retired check box and started trying to figure out how to register an asset as retired. I could find no tutorial or topic in Help. Since playing around with it I now get a Enter Retired Date everytime I open the file. I finally put in an arbitrary number and when I uncheck the Show Retired box in the Asset List Form view all my assets disappear as though I've retired everything. However, when i go to Assets Retired view under Queries it only show one item. H...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

Hi I'm New and need help with Excel Basics
Please can anyone help me answer any of these questions: How would you add the contents of the cells from A1 to A10. Give 2 ways to do this. (hint: Look up "Examples of common formulas" in Excel help How do you format a cell to have dollar signs next to the numbers? How do you add the contents of cells A1 through A10 on sheet 1 and make the answer show up on sheet 2? How do you rename a sheet? Can I delete the sheets that I don't need? If so how? How do I freeze rows or columns of the sheet so that they don't' move when you scroll up or down? Example: My n...

Missing contacts Exchange 2003
Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? Thanks AD contacts show up in the GAL. Each user has their own private contacts folder. -GT "Tomek" <tomaszch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7eda0bae.0409180906.1c7c6ce2@posting.google.com... > Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a > way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? > > Thanks ...

Adding button using wizard in Access 07
Hi, I'm trying to add a simple button to advance the record page to a new blank record using the wizard. Here's what I've done: Created the form which works fine. I've added records to test it. In Design view I click on Use Controls Wizards to activate it. Click on Button to select it. Click on the form to place the button and activate wizard. This does happen. In the wizard I elect Record Operations under Categories and then Add New Record for the Action. Click Next and then select Text to identify the button. Click Next again and change name to Add Record. Clic...

Can't save new Excel Doc

Releasing a pointer in ExitInstance in a MFC DLL results in an Access Violation
Hello, I am trying to write a statically linked MFC regular DLL that uses a COM object. In ExitInstance of this DLL, when I try to release the interface pointer of the COM object, the DLL gives an access violation. I am testing the DLL in a statically linked MFC dialog based executable. The development platform is VS.NET 2003. Here are the steps: // MFC DLL BOOL CCrashTestApp::InitInstance() { CWinApp::InitInstance(); ::CoInitialize (0); HRESULT hr = ::CoCreateInstance (CLSID_XMLDocument, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IUnknown, reinterpret_cast <void**> (&m_pUnk)); retu...

Populate BCC field with all Contacts within a Contact Folder
Hello I am a newbie on outlook VBA programing. So far i was able to create a new macro/code that will create me 2 new emails, populate Subject and add attachements automaticly. However now i have a problem in populating the BCC lists. I send this emails to all the contacts within a 2 especific contact folders. For example purpuses lets say Contact Folder 1 is Called "Newsletter1" and Contact folder2 is called "NewsLetter2". So for the 2 new emails that will pop up when i execute the macro i would like the macro to add in one all the emails in the contact fol...

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...