Can you delete and empty an open email

Hi there

Can you delete and empty an open email?  I know I can delete and empty a
closed email by holding down shift and then deleting, but have not been able
to figure out how to delete and empty from an open email.

Is this even possible?

Thanks for your help.

Kylie

0
KylieB (8)

On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:01:03 -1000, Kylie B""
<KylieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Can you delete and empty an open email?  I know I can delete and empty a
> closed email by holding down shift and then deleting, but have not been
> able
> to figure out how to delete and empty from an open email.
>
> Is this even possible?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Kylie

You might be able to write a macro to do it, but why bother?  Either
delete them when they're closed or enable the "Empty Deleted Items on
Close" feature and let Outlook purge them for you.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Unable to delete empty database

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

owa cant open ppt attachments

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

How to get to email from Word

Cannot Delete Any Records
We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003 Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past this was possible, any thoughts? Sean; sounds like something went wrong with your migration. you can run a CRM trace or a SQL Profiler trace while performing the deletion to see if you can pin-point the error. Dave Ire...