Can we disable the an Accounts option?

In Outlook (2003 SP1) is it possible to remove an account from the Accounts
drop down list on the E-mail toolbar (which appears if there is more than
one send account in the profile)? Can this option be programmed, i.e. where
is it in the object model for Outlook?

Thanks for your input,
Brian

0
taylorb (5)

Brian Taylor <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:

> In Outlook (2003 SP1) is it possible to remove an account from the
> Accounts drop down list on the E-mail toolbar (which appears if there
> is more than one send account in the profile)?

Sure.  Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  Select the account and choose Remove.  I
don't know it it can be automated.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/27/2004 2:12:05 PM
Thanks Brian,

Oops I didn't explain myself very well. I still want to see the two accounts
in outlook (exchange and pop3) but I want to disable one of them (exchange
at this time) when a new email is created (in the Accounts drop down list on
the E-mail toolbar). Does the Outlook object model give access to this drop
down list?

Brian

> Brian Taylor <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
>
>> In Outlook (2003 SP1) is it possible to remove an account from the
>> Accounts drop down list on the E-mail toolbar (which appears if there
>> is more than one send account in the profile)?
>
> Sure.  Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  Select the account and choose Remove.
> don't know it it can be automated.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
taylorb (5)
8/27/2004 10:50:52 PM
Brian Taylor <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:

> Oops I didn't explain myself very well. I still want to see the two
> accounts in outlook (exchange and pop3) but I want to disable one of
> them (exchange at this time) when a new email is created (in the
> Accounts drop down list on the E-mail toolbar). Does the Outlook
> object model give access to this drop down list?

Beats me, but what happens of you disable the ability to send on the
Exchange account?  (Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings>Define
Send/Receive Groups.  Select the group containing the accounts and click
Edit.)  Does it still show up on the Accounts button?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/30/2004 5:04:27 PM
Good question - we tried it and it seems to make no difference at all. It
still sends to exchange and the setting makes no difference to the accounts
that show up under the accounts drop down list.
We also tried to disable the "exchange" option on the "Accounts" toolbar
with the following code.

    Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application
    Public WithEvents myOlInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors
    Public Sub Initialize_handler()
        Set myOlInspectors = Application.Inspectors
    End Sub
    Private Sub myOlInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As
Outlook.Inspector)
        Dim cs As CommandBarPopup
        Dim cb As CommandBar
        Set cb = Inspector.CommandBars.Item("Standard")
        Set cs = cb.Controls.Item("Accou&nts")
        cs.Controls.Item(2).Execute ' this should select the first account
(the non-exchange account)
    End Sub

However it does not seem to activate the option. Attempting to disable
options comes up with a "method fails" error.

We think we have two options:
1. Attempt to enable an outward path for exchange.
2. Tell the users to select the correct account whenever they forward or
reply to mail.

Brian Taylor

> Brian Taylor <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
>
>> Oops I didn't explain myself very well. I still want to see the two
>> accounts in outlook (exchange and pop3) but I want to disable one of
>> them (exchange at this time) when a new email is created (in the
>> Accounts drop down list on the E-mail toolbar). Does the Outlook
>> object model give access to this drop down list?
>
> Beats me, but what happens of you disable the ability to send on the
> Exchange account?  (Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings>Define
> Send/Receive Groups.  Select the group containing the accounts and click
> Edit.)  Does it still show up on the Accounts button?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
taylorb (5)