can view but can't open some mails

cant open some of my mails in my pst folders. say they have been removed but
they are still there as I can access them via web mail
0
GG (20)

Are you getting your mail from an IMAP server?

"gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> cant open some of my mails in my pst folders. say they have been removed
> but
> they are still there as I can access them via web mail

0
vince8328 (2733)
8/3/2005 5:35:38 PM
Yes I am we do not have microsoft exchange server. I can view them from web
access well enough and could download them but that is a pain to do that. Wd
like to know what i must have done as i can open some of the mails in my pst
folder and some i cant

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Are you getting your mail from an IMAP server?
>
> "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > cant open some of my mails in my pst folders. say they have been removed
> > but
> > they are still there as I can access them via web mail

0
GG (20)
8/4/2005 8:55:04 AM
Do the items you can't open have a line through them (indicating that
they're pending deletion purge)>

> Yes I am we do not have microsoft exchange server. I can view them from
> web
> access well enough and could download them but that is a pain to do that.
> Wd
> like to know what i must have done as i can open some of the mails in my
> pst
> folder and some i cant

0
vince8328 (2733)
8/4/2005 11:33:29 AM
no they can be viewed and downloaded via web access. just says the item cant
be opened. The folder "xx" canot be selected. This may be due to the
limitation of you imap server or the folder may have been deleted or moved.
This is a load of twaddle as I can open other mails in that folder

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Do the items you can't open have a line through them (indicating that
> they're pending deletion purge)>
>
> "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I am we do not have microsoft exchange server. I can view them from
> > web
> > access well enough and could download them but that is a pain to do that.
> > Wd
> > like to know what i must have done as i can open some of the mails in my
> > pst
> > folder and some i cant

0
GG (20)
8/4/2005 12:51:19 PM
gg <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> no they can be viewed and downloaded via web access. just says the
> item cant be opened. The folder "xx" canot be selected. This may be
> due to the limitation of you imap server or the folder may have been
> deleted or moved. This is a load of twaddle as I can open other mails
> in that folder

Since you're using an IMAP server, all the messages are on the server and
the local PST is supposed to reflect the server's content.  If what you
describe were happening to me, I'd delete the IMAP account in Outlook, close
Outlook, delegte the PST (if Outlook didn't already), restart Outlook and
readd the IMAP account.  This will create a brand-new PST with, hopefully,
no problems.  There should be no danger of losing any messages at all, since
they're all on the server.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

can't paste anything into the message window; mail stops working
Yesterday the windows mail stopped pasting anything I write and copy in works 9 or other microsoft programs. Why is this happening and what can be done? Noone seems to know!:mad: -- eameece Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "eameece" <eameece.42nd8f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:eameece.42nd8f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > Yesterday the windows mail stopped pasting anything I write and copy in > works 9 or other microsoft programs. Why is this happening and what can > be done? Noone seems to know!:mad: > >...

Can't open attachments #5
Hi, I'm using the current outlook express and internet explorer, (PC) and i can't open any attachments that are in picture format (eg. jpg, tif) file. I can open attachments that are in word format. I started to have this problem two weeks ago, before i was doing okay. I think maybe i contracted a virus, but I have an updated VirusScan, and when i scanned my computer, everything seemed okay. I thought the problem might be related to something i deleted, so i reinstalled outlook and internet explorer, but the problem is still there. I have Adobe Image reader, Photoshop, Paint an...

how to open a ODT doc with word?
Is it possible to open a odt document in word? If so how? Assuming you are talking about Word 2007 (or 2010) then yes. If you associated the odt extension with Word, double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer should do the trick. If you haven't, just start up Word, click the Office button and select "Open". In the dialog, ensure that either 'All files (*.*)' or 'OpenDocument Text (*.odt)' is selected to locate your odt files. Yves "billooper" <billooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6047220B-6B95-463F-A835...

Opening other user's folder in Entourage X
Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, in Entourage X (Mac version of Outlook)? Thanks for your assistance, John Try posting in a Mac Entourage group - the applications are very different. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john smith asked: | Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, | in Entourage X (Mac version o...

Host Unreachable from exchange, but sending from yahoo mail works
Hello, in 5.5 Exchange Server Administrator, Internet Mail Server, Queues, Outbound Messages Waiting for Delivery... I have a few legitimate emails sitting there with the "Host Unreachable" message when looking at the details of the message. What could this mean? I am able to send email to these same domains using my yahoo account just fine. I turned on SMTO logging to max and now it shows up in the LOG file as such.... F:\exchsrvr\imcdata\log>grep hillnmarkes *.LOG L0000000.LOG:7/26/06 10:03:15 AM : 499 Host unreachable: hillnmarkes.com. Message subject: ""RE: test&...

Outlook XP Outgoing server can't be connected
We use optonline for our ISP and our email with McAfee as our virus protection. When my wife uses her laptop at home and connects via wireless router, she is able to send and receive emails through Outlook XP. However, when she goes to her office and uses the DSL connection there, she can receive mail but not send it. I had found a possible fix recommending Service Pack 3 for office but that doesn't work. This just started happening. I've replaced the profile but to no avail. There is no firewall at my wife's work. It's just a real estate office with DSL. Has ...

Windows Vista

Unable to open Word
I'm using a macbook, and I installed the student and teacher edition of Office: mac, and word worked for a few weeks. Now, whenever I try to open it (using any means), the icon just bounces on my dock, then stops and word doesn't open... does anyone know how to fix it? This may be a pe-binding issue caused by QuickTime update 7.2. There are instructions on the Apple website for how to fix it. Before you go there, try the procedures here: http://word.mvps.org/Mac/TroubleshootingIndex.html Cheers On 1/10/07 2:49 PM, in article 1191215982.517964.54140@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, ...

I cant send/receive e-mails using the button with microsoft outlook
After a upgrade from microsoft.it now when I push the button send/receive or F9 I have a error "the operation isn't possible" even if I do it from the menu it work, only one in a time. I'm having the same trouble. I can send emails, but can't receive. Also, when i press the send / receive button, it just says "the operation failed". I can't find a solution anywhere!! "Sko33" wrote: > After a upgrade from microsoft.it now when I push the button > send/receive or F9 I have a error "the operation isn't possible" even >...

Save As window opens in full window mode
For years and up to 3-4 days ago, whenever I saved an e-mail to a particular folder on my hard drive using the "Save as" feature, I always was given a small window with the usual Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons and the ability to re-size the window if necessary. Suddenly, this has changed and each time I attempt the "Save as" feature, the window opens into a full window (the whole 23" screen) with only the "Close" button displayed. These are mostly billings and invoices I save and I need to view the original e-mail for some of the descrip...

Can one change the font or format of a sheet name?
I have a large workbook using Excel 2003. I would like to format the tabs/sheet names so that certain departmental divisions are easily highlighted/identified. Ideally, the tab names could be a different font, bold, and in a color... Right Mouse Click on the sheet name > Tab Colour> select colour you want "KMcGrail" wrote: > I have a large workbook using Excel 2003. > > I would like to format the tabs/sheet names so that certain departmental > divisions are easily highlighted/identified. > > Ideally, the tab names could be a different font, bold, ...

Migrating Groupwise 5.5 mail
I am not sure what I am missing. I have separate 2003 sp1 server with novell client and groupwise 525 client that I am using for the intermediary migration machine. I can run groupwise and get mail on the intermediary. I run Mailmmig.exe from the cd and attempt a one-step migration. Path to migration files c:\temp\1. I opt to migrate to my Exchange server, and the server/store are populated automatically through AD. When I press NEXT, I receive EXCHANGE SERVER MIGRATION WIZARD alert "The address book is unavailable. Check that the Microsoft Exchange Server is still available.&quo...

mail can be read w/o password
Hello, I just started using Outlook Express 6.0 on Windows ME at work. I was going to search the posts for an answer to this problem, but it seems there is an endless stream of password problem posts. Now I'm wondering if this program is a bug filled nightmare. But here's my problem: I open OE, and hit cancel when I'm prompted for my mail server password, and then I can go ahead and read the mail anyway. Not too secure, eh? A password has been set, but it lets me cancel and ignore it. This means anybody can read my mail. Thanks for any help, Moo112 It's perfectly logical th...

Problem Viewing Pictures In Cells
Hi, I have a bit of query I hope someone can help with. I have a spreadsheet that I update on a regular basis which uses pictures, flags of countries to be precise in, cells. For some reason, when I opened the spreadsheet to update this today, the data was there, but the pictures were not visible. It appears that the pictures are still there as if I click on a cell, I can see the outline of this. I am using Office 2003 and did a repair to this and when I opened the spreadsheet,the images appeared. I then went to update the spreadsheet again later, and initially the pictures were th...

How can upgrade from Money 2000 ITA....
I know that localized version are incompatible but i need to upgrade and don't exist upgrade in italian anymore. How can i porting my data? Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. The links explain about using QIF export/import. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked...

Internet Facing Deployment
Hi all, I've got a CRM 4 internet facing deployment that's having trouble verifying the dns entry. When I use the "Check DNS" function, it seems to be omitting the organization name from the string. I am expecting to see "organization.domain.org" but instead it says it can't resolve "domain.org" .... If I manually put in the organization name in the IFD App Root Domain (just as an experiment), it doubles up and says it can't resolve "organization.organization.domain.org". The organization.domain.org address exists on the internet,...

How To Send Auto Weekly E-mail??
Hey Peeps, At work i have to send an e-mail at 8am every monday morning with a file attached. The file is called the last mondays date, ie 04/08/2003 (DD/MM/YYYY). Does anyone know how to get the e-mail to send automatically but before sending it should attach the file described above. I guess it will take some VB script but mines not so great. Its difficult to explain so if you think you can help but need to know more please contact me (A.Thickett@pryormarking.com). Cheers Adam Check out http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htmfor some codes "Adam Thickett" &l...

Outlook 2000 SP3 gives alerts while sending mails using COM Addin
Hi, I have writtern an COM Addin which sends mails to a specified receipient on exiting outlook. The application was working fine until i put SP3 on outlook 2000. From then on, on outlook exit, it started prompting users that "A Program is trying to send a mail. Do you want to allow the program to send mail?" Sameway when i open mail box using com addin, it again alerts telling A Program is trying to accesses your mails. Do you want to allow the program to access mail?" Is there anyway, where in i can by pass this alerts ??? I'm using Outlook 2000 and SP3. Thank...

How many emails can I put in a distribution list"?
I have about 45 people to put into a distribution list. I'm having trouble emailing them. It just won't send. Is there a limit as to the number of people you can send an email to? Any limits are imposed by your mail server, not Outlook. Ask your provider. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77E40D1F-2F02-49F7-84B4-875BB1BFF924@microsoft.com... >I have about 45 people to put into a distribution list. I'm having trouble > emailing them. It just won't send. Is there a limit as to the num...

can't access OWA outside LAN
dear, have recently installed SBS 2003 Prem Edition on my server and have configured the Outlook Web Mail to work locally inside the LAN. I can access me emails inside the network without any problems. However, I can not seem to access OWA from WAN - outside the network. I have configured the Server Management Wizard and this did not help. I have enabled the router port 80 and SMTP, NNTP. I am trying to run OWA from the following IP: http:\\myip\exchange I can access remote desktop and IIS from outside of the LAN firewall. Can you please advice? regards ...

How Can I personalize emails in outlook 2000 or XP
Does anyone know how to personalize emails. Ex: when you send an email to few people @ the same time, I want only the name of each person on that email will show up under "TO" field when they open it. I tried the "BCC" field but nothing shows up or the name of the sender shows up if I put it under "TO" field. Any help is appreciate it. Thanks Sam You would need to do a mail merge for that, rather than using the BCC field. If you have Word installed and it's the same version as Outlook (both 2000, for example), you can do the merge between the two. Or you...

Can I preserve chart formatting when the source data is updated?
My source data is in a list, and when I add data to the list, the chart automatically updates by adding the new data but all chart formatting is lost. I would like to know what I have to do to preserve the formatting of the chart when updating the data. I read similar questions in the forumns about losing formatting when working with Pivot Charts, and that this can be fixed with Macros. I am not very familar with Macros, and it seems like it would be more work than it is worth to preserve formatting in a normal chart. Is there an alternative method? Thank you. more detail about what ...

Can receive mail but sent items show being sent but never make it.
Need some help please. I have spent the better part of three days with comcast trying to get my mail to work correctly and still it will not work. I have been running along for years with no problem and then three days ago I realize my mail I was sending out was not making it to the attended peeps. No error messages and the messages show being sent in the sent box. I even tried to send them to myself with no luck. I even went on the comcast sight and tried to send mail and no go. Comcast says there is nothing wrong and its my wireless...nope I unhooked it and still nothing. I have...

How can I forward hyperlinks w/out visiting linked site (Outlook 2003)?
Like everybody else, I receive my share of spam, including the phishy variety. When I get a spoofed email, I like to forward it on to uce@ftc.gov, spamcop, and any admin of a site victimized by a phishing exploit. For any of these sites to track down the source, they need the full, unmodified email, just as I received it. If I receive an email from an untrusted source, Outlook does the right thing by not displaying any hyperlinked info in the preview pane. However, if I try to forward an email with hyperlinks, Outlook wants to go to the spammer's website, download whatever treat the spa...

Can't attach zip files
One of our users on Outlook 2003 wants to send a zip file but when he opens the folder where it is, nothing shows up, as though it is hidden. If it is renamed to any other extension, it can be seen. I also have Outlook 2003 but I can see and send zip files (*.zip). Where can I change this setting on his machine? Thanks, Mich Finally found the answer on the Slipstick website: Outlook doesn't display zip files in the Insert file dialog Problem: When you open the Insert File dialog in when composing an email message, Outlook "hides" the zip files in the directory. The o...