Can't use Word to Reply or Forward

If I try to Reply or Forward and e-mail while Word is set as my editor, the
attempt results in a message about Word being unavailable or the wrong
version.  If I create a new e-mail with Word and  type in an explicit e-mail
address in the TO or CC fields, it works fine and sends the e-mail to the
entered addresses.  But if I use the TO... button to pop up the list of
contacts, then select a contact and click OK, Word gives me an error "No
such interface exists" and doesn't return the addresses.

It was working fine Tuesday afternoon, but was broken the next time I used
it on Friday morning.  I needed to get some more disk space back, so between
those times I had uninstalled a few programs such as several old versions of
Sun's Java, a couple audio editors I never used and a few other similarly
unrelated software.  I also retrieved about 1.5 GB by deleting files that
were older than one month  in various TEMP folders and deleting some Windows
Update uninstall folders older than 2 months.

Word is version 11.8106.8107 and Outlook is 11.8010.8107 under Office 2003
Professional.

I have tried all the suggestions I could Google.  I tried all the applicable
suggestions in KB 906307.  I tried running the "Detect and Repair" facility
from both the Outlook and Word menus.  I tried running the Repair
installation from "Add and Remove Programs".  I tried re-registering
ole32.dll.  In desperation I even tried reregistering every DLL in SYSTEM32
as one poster suggested.

I tried creating a new profile and using that, even removing my original
profile. (I'm using Exchange Server, so it wasn't hard.)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office Professional five times.  The
second time I uninstalled Office Meeting and never reinstalled it.  The last
four times I uninstalled and reinstalled Visio and FrontPage as well as
Office Professional.  I checked the status of the problem after initial
installation, after applying Office SP2 and after installing each of two
batches of updates from Microsoft Update.  The problem was always there.

The last two times I uninstalled, I ran the Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility, but could not find any Office stuff to clean up.

The last time I uninstalled, I also renamed the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office" to something else and deleted the registry keys and subkeys for
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office" and "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office" as
well.

I have a nearly identical setup running on my laptop without any problems.
I created a program to compare registry dumps for the above Office registry
keys and could not find any differences that looked remotely like it might
have something to do with the problem.

Short of formatting the HD and reinstalling Windows XP, which would take
about two weeks to get back up with all my applications, what else can be
done?  I have spent about 30 hours on this so far and am beginning to get a
little testy!

I am a veteran software developer (> 30 yrs.) and will boldly go where I
haven't yet been if KNOWLEDGEABLE people can make intelligent suggestions,
but I have to earn a living and can't make a second career of this.  I like
using Word as my editor, but...

Please reply to the group as noydb.com will not get to me.

....Jim Hansen
Canyon Country Consulting

0
Jim3341 (1)

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

replies to yourself
Is there a way in Outlook 2003, to not receive my own replies when answering mail that has me on the original "To" or "Cc" list? bourky <lostone@somewhere.net> wrote: > Is there a way in Outlook 2003, to not receive my own replies when > answering mail that has me on the original "To" or "Cc" list? If Outlook can tell that your address is in a recipient field, you won't get the reply. Apparently, the address in the receipient field doesn't match your address as Outlook knows it, for some reason. This can happen to me, too, w...

copy does not work in word 2003

Text Very Small When Replying
I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does one set the default size? No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back to the smallest size when I do another reply. Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text! James Are you using stationery? Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,....... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OGt2E1OhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an emai...

Send out blank reply
Recently, after receiving a message, my Outlook 2000 is sending out a blank reply message to the sender automatically. Would this cause by setting or virus? ...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

Forward email from Sendmail to Exchange
Hi all, Has anyone successfully used the LUSER_RELAY feature of Sendmail to forward any unknown users to an Exchange server? I have defined LUSER_RELAY as host.mydomain.com, but when an email gets forwarded the domain portion of the email is stripped off and replaced with the value of USER_RELAY. This causes the email to bounce since the email domain is @mydomain.com not host.mydomain.com. I have tried using the FEATURE(preserve_luser_host), but that did not fix the problem. Is there a way to set up an SMTP connector pointing to host.mydomain.com and have the email deliverd to a users mail...

can not Send/receive using Outlook 2003
Just bouhght new computer and am loading all of my software that worked onmy old one. When I try to send and recieve I get the message object not found. I have used test and this work ok. I have also reloaded all of my broadband and office software numerous times to no prevail. Software Windows xp Office 2003 ADSlL broadband with bigpond Gp Check to make sure the accounts are setup correctly if they are then run Detect and Repair, still an issue then create a new profile. May also want to check your anti-virus software program setting for outgoing mail and disable that option. Rega...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...

Excel chart linked in Word gets formatted when updateing.
Hi, I have a bit of an annoying issue with excel and word 2007, I have a Chart in excel, and the text on the horizontal axis is rotated 270 degrees,This Chart is linked in a Word document and when i do an update of the linked chart the text gets all messed up. Both of the files are saved in 97-2003 format. ...

Auto resending/forwarding messages on Outlook XP
I am trying to figure out how to resend messages automatically after a period of time. I recieved a message a while back that was forwarded by a rule. I have had a scout round but have not been able to figure oout hopw to do it. Help from a guru would be much appreciated, crossed legs LSD and organe smock not reqired though:-) Thanks ...

Outlook 2002 crashes when using IMAP stuck in loop
I've been using Outlook 2002 with IMAP for some time now. Yesterday, I began receiving a message upon starting up Outlook: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error message is as follows: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106 Offset: 0001a669 Sometimes if I enter in "Work offline" mode and then check messages I get the following: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: pstprx32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 00005528 I am al...

how do i construct a bar in microsoft word?
how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? > how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? Use Word to write a letter to a general contractor. Ask the contractor for a quote to build a tavern to your specifications. Be as specific as you can about the specs. ...