Can't use Word as editor

Recently (and I'm not sure why), the spell check feature
in Outlook 2002 has stopped working properly.  While it
once corrected mistakes as I went, now it does not.

I went to Tools | Options | Mail Format, but the boxes
for using Microsoft Word to edit or read e-mail messages
are dimmed and I cannot select them.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Forrest

P.S. Any thoughts as to why the spell checker (back when
it did work) always checked the original message in my
reply, even though I made certain that the option
to "ignore the original message" IS checked?
0
anonymous (74722)

"Forrest" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently (and I'm not sure why), the spell check feature
> in Outlook 2002 has stopped working properly.  While it
> once corrected mistakes as I went, now it does not.
>
> I went to Tools | Options | Mail Format, but the boxes
> for using Microsoft Word to edit or read e-mail messages
> are dimmed and I cannot select them.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Forrest
>
> P.S. Any thoughts as to why the spell checker (back when
> it did work) always checked the original message in my
> reply, even though I made certain that the option
> to "ignore the original message" IS checked?

Have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319796

0
me6 (309)

how do I create invoice with fillins using again?
How do I create invoices with fill-ins that I can use them over and over? "Dawn" wrote: > How do I create invoices with fill-ins that I can use them over and over? One way is data validation .. Try Debra's excellent coverage of data validation, perhaps start at this page: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Save the "unused" sheet as an XL template. That way the *original* is *never* opened, just a copy is displayed for use, which can then be saved as a regular XL sheet with a new, pe...

Using Multiple Check Boxes in Access 2003
Hi, I haven't used Access in a while and I tried researching to no avail. I have created a form and all I want to do is put groups of check boxs together under specific categories and be able to check off more than one check box under each category. -- Thanks! I think you need to use unbound check boxes. You'll only be able to use these on forms in "single form" view. HTH; Amy "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A15178F-8AF0-43E6-B515-0FE118989040@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I haven't used Access in a...

I am a law student and I use Notebook Layout to take my class notes. However, the other day while I was in class my notes suddenly went from being tabbed and bulleted (like an outline) to all being le
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am a law student and I use Notebook Layout to take my class notes. However, the other day while I was in class my notes suddenly went from being tabbed and bulleted (like an outline) to all being left justified (and it no longer lets me tab). This has completely messed up my notes and I am wondering if there is a way to fix it to go back to the way it was? I already answered you: Check that you have not changed "View". The Notebook Layout is simply a normal document with specific formatting, a...

Dates in WORD 2007
Hi I am running Windows XP and have just installed WORD 2007. Can someone please tell me how I stop the parser auto-completing dates for me? I like to write 29th May, 2010 - but as soon as I type that and hit <ENTER> I get 2010-05-29 on the end. It's driving me nuts!! MT :( I have looked in:- Office Button (top left hand corner) Word Options (lower right hand corner) Proofing (on the left hand side) then, on the right hand side, click on AutoCorrect Options . . . - but could see nothing in there that could be turned off. However a quick and eas...

save publisher document to word
I need to save a Newsletter that is created in Publisher, to a word document. I know that you can copy and paste and that should work fine, but when I paste it into the word document, everything is in the wrong place and part of it is gone because it prints at the right side of the page and you can't get to it. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this and how I can fix it? Thank you, Tracy Word and Publisher are not exactly compatible. You can copy/paste and then adjust. Have you thought about converting the newsletter to a PDF? What version Publisher are you using? T...

Any Software-English to hindi translator for Ms Word 2003?
PLEASE FAST I NEED IT VERY MUCH ...

timeline changes color when I paste it into Word
Why would it do that? Once in Word, I can edit it and change it to the color I want but why do I have to do that? It just happens on this one vsd file. Anybody seen this before? sometimes when the person creating the document wants to be creative, they change the palette or create a custom color. When moved over to another application the palettes don't match and the system tries it's best, but, oops.... al "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%236vIpu6rDHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Why would it do that? Once in Word, I can edit it and chang...

Why did I use array formula
Hi, I used the following in a spreadsheet over a year ago and can't remember how, why, or what I've done. Head spinning because I'm making unexpected changes which were needed "Now, if not sooner" The formula below is entered as an array formula but don't know why {=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(Score>0,Score))),"",AVERAGE(IF(Score>0,Score)))} Named range "Score" is a dynamic range as below =OFFSET('Sheet1'!$Q$1,0,0,COUNTA('Sheet1'!$Q$1:$Q$35),1). If anyone can help I would be grateful :-) Cheers Diddy You are doing ...

Using CTabCtrl!!!
Hi All! I am looking forward to have an idea of how to draw controls on the CTabCtrl. One way I have in mind is draw the child controls on a separate dialog and draw the dialog on the CTabCtrl window. But the problem is when I do this with the code CTestDlg *pDlg = new CTestDlg; dlg.Create(IDC_TEST_DLG,GetDlgItem(IDC_TAB_CTRL)); it even covers the tabs. Now how can I fix it within the tab window at appropriate place. I have tried to draw the group box on the area of tab control and make that group box the parent window, this will make the new dialog at the appropriate position. But I don...

Need to add data to the bottom of a column using macro
I have data that I am importing from another program (see sample 1 below). This data will be changing values as well as number of rows each time I export. I need a way to determine the last line as the number of rows varies and then insert static as well as dynamic information. (See sample 2) In the first column I will be inserting "02" on the last row. In the second column i will be inserting the same numbers "150080380549" on the last row. On the 3rd column I need to count the number of rows (excluding the last line)and place this figure. On the 4th column, I...

XLfit4..have you used it?
Hi All I have been reading the suppliers blurb on a graphing extension for excel called XLfit4 http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/products/dataanal/xlfit/) which sounds pretty good ("research strength curve fitting") and would probably get around some of Excel's limitations, thus avoid having to copy/paste data and/or switch back and forth between 2 separate programs. Or could it be a case of Excelfit4 nothing? Has anyone used it (its pretty new, I think), or one of the previous versions? If so, please offer an opinion, particularly regarding Excel integration and general ease-of-us...

Word instance is not closed even after closing the word document
I'm opening and printing multiple Word documents from SAP application. Updation of the fields and printing is via the add-ins written in VB. In 2003, when we do this for multiple documents, document gets opened and then printed. Second document uses the existing instance and then prints. But in 2007, when we are doing for multiple documents, though first document is opened, printed and closed, when second document is opened it shows the instance/ document as Document2, prints and closes it. No instance of word is opened. When third document is opened it shows as 'Dcouem...

Using expressions in a report to calculate pay
I have created a report utilizing data from a query and a table that shows how many hours worked each day utilizing the expression: Expr1: Sum(DateDiff("n",[Schedule]![TimeIn],[Schedule]![TimeOut])/60) With that expression it gives me the answers that I need in the query. However, when I put it into a report it does not show any of the data from the schedule table that I utilized to create my timeclock. The other problem that I am encountering is that I am trying to calculate pay utilizing the expression: [Expr1]*[Hourly Wage]/60 When I create this expression ...

Excel chart in MS Word
Does anyone know how to reference dynamicially named ranges in a chart contained within an embedded chart in MS Word? I know how to do this in Excel, but the name of the workbook is needed. As far as I can tell, the name of the embedded book in Word is "ThisWorkbook", but I get an error when I try to use it. If the entire workbook is embedded, a quick test here shows that you can use simply the 'Sheet1!$A$1' link referenced just to the worksheet. ThisWorkbook is only known to VBA. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://P...

space before footnote separator line in word 2007
I have selected the footnotes at the end of text, but I would still like a space between my final line of text and the footnote separator line. Can someone tell me how to do that? Add some Space Before to the separator. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "paperman" <paperman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:816EA4F6-EA63-413E-AB00-71EB6B966F24@microsoft.com... >I have selected the footnotes at the end of text, b...

Problem with the first use of the deployment manager
Hi everybody, I'm in charge of the installation and the implementation of MS CRM in an IT services company and I face some problems. I will be very grateful, if you could bring me some help. So I will try to explain my problem clearly: I installed MS CRM on a virtual server, trying to respect all the precautions recommended by Microsoft. After the install, I go to the user manager (in the deployment manager), and: - My first surprise was to see that a system administrator account doesn't appear. - So I try to add one, but the pop-up which lists the AD Users, doesn't seem t...

Using Variables in XPath Expression #2
I have a textBox that contains a string values. I need to take this string and use it as criteria for an XPath Expression. Here's what I have. Why isn't it working??? string s = textBox1.Text; XPathExpression expr; expr = myXPathNavigator.Compile("/NewDataSet/note[@to=$s]"); ----Matt ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- what error message show? ...

Using XMLSerializer With internal classes
I have a C# class that is declared as internal. I do not want it to be visible outside of the library of code that I am implementing. However, I do want to be able to serialize it to XML under certain circumstances. The class only contains public properties, however, when I attempt to serialize it with the XMLSerializer, I gat an InvalidOperationException. If I simply change the protection level of the class to public, everything works fine, except the class become accessible to classes outside the namespace. Is there any way to allow XMLSerializer to work with internal classes? L. Bushki...

Varbinary
I store word documents as var binary and use FullText search to look inside the word documents. The FullText search returns the Id's/Title's of these documents but how is it possible to get a sentence from inside the word document where the search word is a match? An example of this is in sharepoint, when you search a document, it returns the title of the document with a brief description bolding the search text and a link to the document. Can anyone point me in the right direction to retrieve a matching sentence inside a document that is found. There's no simp...

Convert any documents(Word, Excel) into BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image
Convert any documents(Word, Excel) into BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image Website: http://www.joyprinter.com Joy Image Printer is a high-performance virtual printer which enables you to convert any printable document into standard BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image, and keep the exact look and feel of the original document. Since the converted image has the complete information from the original file without altering characters or fonts, you don't need to install the original software to view the document. Key Features: (1) Installs as a standard Windows printer, works for all Windows...

finding macros/formulas used in a spreadsheet
I was sent a spreadsheet and it has various columns whose rows calculate based on certain criteria. How can I find the formulas or macros that control these columns. Is there a basic way to do this so I can learn how they are crafted? jc Excel 2002 Windows 2000 To find formulas hit CTRL + `(backquote above Tab key) to toggle "show formulas". If you do have Macros they are probably event code behind the worksheet(s). Right-click on a sheet tab and "View Code". Anything there? Alt + q to return to Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1...

Using MFC Feature Pack
I am trying to use the classes included in the Feature pack to make a re-styling to an old application. I've already included the RibbonBar and new Status bar. Now I was trying to convert the dialog boxes of the application but don't know how! They appear as on the old application, but I would like that dialog-box have the new caption and new editors and combos included in the Feature Pack. Is there any way to do that using the resources or using this classes we must create all our dialog-boxes dinamically on the code? Many thanks. On 16 Nov., 15:35, "Jaqueline...

Anyone using ACG Soft's OTF Printing?
Hi, I use ACG Soft's "OTF Printing" (Developer's Version) and would like to stretch it a bit. I would like to be able to have it create postscript output without prompting the user for any input ! I have the path and file name where I want the resulting "print file" to be stored. What I need to know is how do I invoke OTF and pass it that information so it'll somehow cause the Access Report (whose name I must also obviously pass to OTF as well) to create this "ps" file? After the file is created, I'll be sending it somewhere --- so I don&...

Mac 98 Word page numbers
The page number command has disappeared from insert command. How to reinstall it? ...

Automation of Excel Report using Access Data
I have data in a query that I have exported from Access using Transfer text to a csv file. I set up an excel spreadsheet for the report and recorded a macro in excel that imports the data from the csv file and links the data to the report. The problem is running the Excel macro as part of the code for the button click in my Acces form. I am getting a runtime error, saying that the macro cannot be found. Everything is spelled correctly. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks Here is the code for the button click in Access: Dim xlsApp As Excel.Application Dim x...